(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

mummies have you all done your oscar test? today doctor called me, my result was not good 1:86
I'm so worried... should i go for harmony test? mummies can give me some advice?
Hi my results were not good too. You can pm me and i will text u my number. Thanks.

Ohhh.. Same same on the needle poking feeling. Today is the first time I felt it so i am like ??? Hehe. But it happened twice when I was working so cant nap. Maybe I too rush/uptight with work.

Actually though there isnt much contents in the sg 50 pack, I am kind of excited about it. Just feel something special abt it. Lol.

heee...yes I recall reading abt the sg50 pack contents and just went Chey!! now I've forgotten what's in it, blame it on preggy brain lol...

mummies have you all done your oscar test? today doctor called me, my result was not good 1:86
I'm so worried... should i go for harmony test? mummies can give me some advice?

Hugs to you. You must be v worried. :( some mummies are facing similar problems too. If I am faced with similar issue, I think i will consider going for harmony first as it is non invasive. Take care and slowly think through

heee...yes I recall reading abt the sg50 pack contents and just went Chey!! now I've forgotten what's in it, blame it on preggy brain lol...

I think baby will have a special birth cert, like some special stamp on the cert. So it feels kind of special. Lol. Actually there are many gifts for baby too, think a free 1 year insurance from Great Eastern. It is a wonderful year for the nation and I hope it bring warmth and blessings to our babies. :)

Haha ya ... the labour pain will not be around the tummy, it will be a dull aching pain around the pelvis. A different kind of pain.

The cramps around the tummy are probably due to stretching of the tummy.

I can feel that tummy gets bigger after the stretch :)

I seen mummies using the red sling, looks quite handy.

Hehe yes my no. 2, my big baby is already in P3.

I take it as bb growing, Dr say is common to have cramps, asked me not to worry so much. :)

I am quite excited and look forward to it too. Today just brought a 350g of cookies, almost finished it. Now they have a offer, 2 tubs of cookies for $26. I shall get that :D

What is this red sling?

Gosh I'm soooo envious of you mummies who can eat well. Closer to meal times, I'll start to gag and the fears of see food will come. The other day, I plucked up the courage to feed my girl dinner (hubby started doing it since my ms) cos hubby couldn't be home before 8. I was already feeling like puking when cooking her dinner and halfway through feeding her, I puked :( My girl oso quite poor thing, dinner was 6.30 in the past, now became 7.30 or 8 cos has to wait for daddy to come home.

It's nice your girl is P3, definitely will be a GREAT help when no.2 comes. I see my gf's P2 is so hands on with her 2yo...at indoor playgrounds, my gf just chill and let her older girl take over, whilst I have to crawl around on my 4s with my girl lol... I hear her older girl dishing out instructions 1 after another to the younger old...gosh so nice, mummy can take a back seat :)

i didnt gain weight, in fact like lost 1-2kg..

So worried initially, but doc say is normal.. o_O

Yes indeed. First trimester some will lose weight and it's perfectly ok. But we have to start gaining weight from 2nd trimester onwards, that's oso when the baby starts to get nutrients from us, so have to start eating well.

I've also lost 1-2kg so far and not into nutritional food of late, so demoralized. Hope we all can start gaining good weight soon.

Yes!! I have already 2 满月 in February and my ofc has 2 preg in my department and I head a few other departments also have many preg this yr. My boss joked that we shld have more SG celebration to boast birthrate.

I was hoping for a 'baby horse' last year but mc within 10wks last Jan but I'm grateful for my gift now whether it is SG50 or not.

Do you guys have changing EDD as you go for scans? After my scan today, it's gone from 6 Aug to 1Aug. Which is a little confusing for me.. Do u stick to the LMP calculated EDD or do u take references to the baby's size?

Indeed, changing edd is common, will keeping changing throughout our pregnancy due to the growth of baby. Edd is the LMP calculation, so should be the first edd that you have been informed. Subsequent edd, not important cos sometimes baby grows faster, other times slower.

For my no.1, 'edd' varies for up to 1 week from start to end of pregnancy.

Oh I see that Sane suggests edd is according to the lastest scan. Like when u fill in the Harmony test info sheet, edd is taken at LMP. If consult gynae, they will say LMP too. But for our own estimation of D day, edd from every latest scan is the better guide.

So it depends on what edd intention you have I guess :) This is what I gathered cos during no.1 many friends oso has extensive discussion about this edd heee.... then we all separately went to consult our gynaes.

Hi mummies, I have been a silent reader for some time and this is my first post.
My first child is a dragon baby, like some of the mummies here:)
Read that MS has subsided for some mummies here, so lucky! I still get on/off nausea and some food just "buay gum" with me >.<
Happy to join the group!! :)

<<Hi 5>> another dragon bb mummy :)

How's your LO now?

Hi there. Yesterday daytime, some mummies shared about this, here, and you may like to read about it :) Hope it'll be helpful.

I think baby will have a special birth cert, like some special stamp on the cert. So it feels kind of special. Lol. Actually there are many gifts for baby too, think a free 1 year insurance from Great Eastern. It is a wonderful year for the nation and I hope it bring warmth and blessings to our babies. :)

Heee...the free 1 year insurance from Great Eastern is such a gimmick. I personally feel it's better to choose a most suitable insurance, instead of simply taking up GE's cos after that first year, will have to reassess suitability and many things may have changed since.

E.g. if by end of year 1, realised that GE insurance isn't suitable, and baby already has some conditions, may not/ will experience difficulty to switch to another insurer.

E.g. I've noticed that Kawasaki is not uncommon these days and may strike within first year (touch WOOD!!), this illness if not treated properly may cause long term heart issues. So if wishing to switch to another insurer after year 1, heart conditions may be excluded in the policy.

For hospitalization plan, eczema seems like a big issue these days, more and more kids are having this at very very young age, even few months old. So it's really advisable to take up a comprehensive hospitalisation plan asap after childbirth. For instance, for my friend, NTUC wouldn't cover ezcema despite the baby was only 2 months old then. And the ezcema was the very mild kind, just redness all over the face but the stupid pd wrote Baby Acne in the Health booklet and triggered the NTUC exclusion. They took up Aviva as a result as Aviva didn't state any exclusions.

And there are many other things that can cause issues with babies in the first year, like hospitalisation due to bronchitis/ pneumonia... all these will/ may be looked upon unfavorably by insurance companies if were to take up Hosp plan only post hospitalization.

Therefore for insurance purpose, I feel it's better to act FAST :)

I rather put on weight and be happy rather than having that horrible ms and feel so miserable. ><"

So lucky to have appetite for supper. The horrible ms will strike at night.

Take the latest EDD, LMP is just a rough guide, it will change accordingly to the bb size.
for me, v diff to lose wt... so now i gak sim.. 1 mth 2.5 kg. 9 mths sure more than 10kg...

Sounds like you have it all worked out :) Yes this baby business is lotsa $$$ and even more going forward :( :( As long as we can keep our sanity in check, it's all good and pray for a good good bagus maid :)

Same for myself, I'll be hiring a maid in 3rd trimester, this is my biggest worry but like u said too, it'll have to be done. I've already engaged a confinement lady, 2.5k. That seems to be the ongoing market rate. Some top notch ones are asking for up to 2.9k... pure insanity indeed :(

Oh I have 1 more item to add to your budgeting. Jamu lady. some good ones may costs more but you'll get very different treatment and results too. My first Jamu lady was abt $600+ very ex, though very good. So this time round, I'm definitely going to downgrade.

Confinement food is nice and very convenient, a good choice indeed. I ordered confinement food too with my No.1 and my mum helped 2.5 weeks of my confinement. Sadly I didn't rest sufficiently during confinement, had quite a hard time after that with health. That's why I'm hoping to Bu back during no.2 confinement, that's likely my only and last chance to remedy cos likely gg to close shop after that.

Another item for your budgeting list - confinement herbs. Many will brew and drink herbs daily, herbs packed separately into daily packages by med halls. This is about $200-300 depending on the quality of the herbs.

When you mention playgroup, do u mean enrichments? I think playgroups in preschools start at 18m. Whilst enrichment can start very early.

Yup... and when I look at the forum regarding CL, have alot of dispute and unhappiness with mummy. So doesn't want to stress myself during my confinement. Maybe im looking at enrichment ba... more advantages in terms of learning. Discussion with my hubby, probably will put bb in around 2.5yo to 3yo. Depends on my bb condition.

@ling_87...I see, u mean playgroup in childcare center right? I heard the waitlist in punggol and seng kang is very long indeed, especially the very popular MFS, etc. I think definitely have to be waitlisted at birth.

I feel quite deflated at the thought of SG50 baby, will be another round of tough fight for everything, as my girl was born in Dragon year...many of my dragon year friends are already cracking our brains about primary schools. gosh...

Yes.. I believed it will be huge jubilee jam by then. I already have alot of friends around me carrying jubilee bbs. And everytime I went for gyane appt, so many preggy mommies. LOL... I think is just coincidence, I dun think they purposely plan for jubilee ba?! :eek:

Yup... and when I look at the forum regarding CL, have alot of dispute and unhappiness with mummy. So doesn't want to stress myself during my confinement. Maybe im looking at enrichment ba... more advantages in terms of learning. Discussion with my hubby, probably will put bb in around 2.5yo to 3yo. Depends on my bb condition.

Yes very true. Some of my friends terminate their CL midway, quite a trauma. Hence it's good to pay more and get the highly recommended ones. Many of these will help to train the maid too, make rice wine etc. CL is like maid, have to choose very carefully.

for me, v diff to lose wt... so now i gak sim.. 1 mth 2.5 kg. 9 mths sure more than 10kg...

I feel that 10kg is not a goid guideline. Depending on our existing conditions, the slimmer ones can afford to gain more weight. Whilst the plus size ones, gynae will advise against gaining too much.

E.g. for myself, last pregnancy, my limit was 13kg. For my plus size gf, it was abt 7kg for her.

So we can check up on this a bit :)

Yes very true. Some of my friends terminate their CL midway, quite a trauma. Hence it's good to pay more and get the highly recommended ones. Many of these will help to train the maid too, make rice wine etc. CL is like maid, have to choose very carefully.

Thanks vermont! Indeed true... I have no support from my ILs, so have to settle everything myself. Im first mummy, so stress. Imagine, me myself no nuts abt taking care of bb yet have to teach a maid. LOL.. I think gonna learn as much as I can here, via friends and nurses after delivery. Nw more or less, the plannings are quite confirm. Im a kiasu mummy, looking forward to April mummy market fair. :) I have done some research on reviews of bb products and brands. Already start to pen down list of things needed to buy etc and price survey around.. wahahah... :D

hi all, previously was my wife posting and i shared this account with her. just wanna share somethings as it wasnt easy for me and my wife for the past 2 weeks. She was admitted to A&E last monday when she was working and she starts to bleed below. After ultrasound and checking at the hospital she was told that she's having a threaten miscarriage but there's heartbeat. The doctor gave her a jab and medication with 7 days mc to rest at home. the rest of the week were ok until Sunday when she experience spotting and slight lower abdominal pain. I immediately send her to kk O&G clinic to check. the doctor gave her a scan and told us that she cannot find a heartbeat and her cervix was open. we were devastated and thought that our baby was gone. the doctor gave us 2 options, either we go home, wait and see if her body will expel the fetus out, or admit her to the hospital and monitor, do a scan the very next morning on monday. we decided that she should be admitted so any thing happen during the night at least the nurses and doctors can manage her. the very next morning, the ultrasound results shows that our baby still have heartbeat. but due to the opening of her cervix, the diagnosis for her is still the miscarriage is inevitable. we decided to wait and see since the baby still have heartbeat. my wife decided to wait at home after staying in hospital till yesterday noon, with an ultrasound again yesterday morning to see my baby still having a heartbeat. currently she's still experiencing morning sickness but having bleeding condition, resting till monday appointment with gynae. hope for the best for our baby. sorry if this kind of post disturbed anyone, just wanna let it off my chest.

tc.. and please ask your wife to be on bedrest. only wake up to pee thats all... all the best. hope everything wil be fine for u. good luck

I'm a SAHM too. I took sabbatical leave for a year after my maternity & was due to return to work force this month. Was contemplating whether to return to work force bcoz I really enjoyed my time at hm with my daughter. But god has a better plan for us, found out I conceived again in Dec, hence, a legitimate reason to resign. Hehe

Bcoz I'm not working, I typically let my daughter plays & sleeps any time she wants (this is very wrong I know). Now my 21mth old sleeps at 12am, wakes up at 12pm! I never bother to correct her schedule as I'm also a late sleeper. But I'm beginning to feel jittery now coz she's starting half day child care next mth. I think she'll be indefinitely late for school if this continues.

I bring her out everyday too. Usually after she wakes up, we head out for lunch & then buy some stuffs for dinner. On the way hm, she'll nap in the car & I have to tactfully carry her up from the car to home so tt she remains asleep & I have some time to whip up dinner. I will miss these exclusive moments spent with her. Maybe can organise a meeting for the SAHMs in this thread? Haha

dun worry about the sleeping timing. my boy sleeps at 12am too. den wake up 10 plus.. now he is in nursery, he still manage to wake up at 830 for school

Took the harmony test on 20jan..

Tis morning I woke up to go toilet, saw 4 missed call from clinic.. I like so gan chiong...

Call back.. Then nurse say 'yesterday u call to ask us abt the result, today call u so many times u nv answer... '

Anyway she say result is normal... This sentence wake me up liao... :D

know gender yet? harmony can tell already

Hi mummies, I had just received a call from clinic and my Oscar scan was bad, its actually the blood test that pulls down the ratio. Totally no mood for anything and no appetite to lunch after answering the call. I really don't know what to do next. Can mummies please advise me? :(

did your gynae suggest whats next. if oscar no good, i heard process to harmony test for more accurate

pray for u. hope everything will be fine

Hi mummies, I have been a silent reader for some time and this is my first post.
Read that MS has subsided for some mummies here, so lucky! I still get on/off nausea and some food just "buay gum" with me >.<

i am 2 days to week 14. still vomiting. lets jy tgt

Yes.. I believed it will be huge jubilee jam by then. I already have alot of friends around me carrying jubilee bbs. And everytime I went for gyane appt, so many preggy mommies. LOL... I think is just coincidence, I dun think they purposely plan for jubilee ba?! :eek:

not for me.. i didnt plan coz its jubilee
for me its coz this year is goat same as hb and also ours are 4 years apart all 3.. #1 is 8 this year while #2 will be 4 this year :)

hi all I'm 11 weeks in and starting to feel my tummy expanding. Cant fit into tighter clothing and trying to camouflage pregnancy at work is getting hard..:) any advice for maternity clothes shopping I.e. When and where to buy good value clothing?

Let's see whether is it real. My aunt in law say if we prefer sweet stuff, high chance will be a girl. ;)

She asked me i prefer meat or veggies, i say both... super carve for caesar salad and luv kfc, fried spring chicken. I carve for meat too when I was expecting my gal. I also like both salty and sweet stuff. After meal, sure must have dessert like chocolate, ice cream and yogurt. Snacks like potato chips is also a must.

Then aunt see my tummy, she say I carry low, must be a boy while my mum say I carry high, must be a gal.:confused:

I actually want to suggest him too, read that he is good in high risk pregnancy and cerclage.

With #1, we didn't scan for gender cos wanted it to be a surprise. Everyone thought I was having a boy. Based on carry high or low, shape of tummy, cravings... All wrong lol.. Fun to speculate though.

Welcome! I can't wait for nausea to subside too. Been feeling so "wounded". But i took my girl out to play the past two days and it helps take my mind off things. Feels so much better. :) Hope you feel better soon too! :)

Thanks vermont! Indeed true... I have no support from my ILs, so have to settle everything myself. Im first mummy, so stress. Imagine, me myself no nuts abt taking care of bb yet have to teach a maid. LOL.. I think gonna learn as much as I can here, via friends and nurses after delivery. Nw more or less, the plannings are quite confirm. Im a kiasu mummy, looking forward to April mummy market fair. :) I have done some research on reviews of bb products and brands. Already start to pen down list of things needed to buy etc and price survey around.. wahahah... :D

wow!! u share share with us your research okie... :)

You can join the prenatal course at TMC or Mt A....quite informative.

Maid is a big headache for me too. I try to not think abt it for now. Which country r u gg to seek? Me, likely Myanmar, I don't mind them slow, I just want trustworthy characters.

Indeed, changing edd is common, will keeping changing throughout our pregnancy due to the growth of baby. Edd is the LMP calculation, so should be the first edd that you have been informed. Subsequent edd, not important cos sometimes baby grows faster, other times slower.

For my no.1, 'edd' varies for up to 1 week from start to end of pregnancy.

I was hoping for a baby horse too and it din come and I thought I will probably take many years to have my first baby so this is really a wonderful gift to me. Very grateful too and hope everything turn out fine.

My EDD also brought forward slightly due to growth of baby but my gynae told us that she doesnt change EDD so we just leave it as it is. I leave it to Heaven to decide when baby should come. :)

Thanks for the information on EDD...will jus wait for nearer till the end to see the rate of my baby's growth.

Don't worry about taking care of baby. Follow your mommy instincts and it's usually right. :) you can sign up for parent craft courses too. They have courses like how to clean baby, safe medication and even infant/toddler cpr.

What baby fair is on in April?

Heee...the free 1 year insurance from Great Eastern is such a gimmick. I personally feel it's better to choose a most suitable insurance, instead of simply taking up GE's cos after that first year, will have to reassess suitability and many things may have changed since.

E.g. if by end of year 1, realised that GE insurance isn't suitable, and baby already has some conditions, may not/ will experience difficulty to switch to another insurer.

E.g. I've noticed that Kawasaki is not uncommon these days and may strike within first year (touch WOOD!!), this illness if not treated properly may cause long term heart issues. So if wishing to switch to another insurer after year 1, heart conditions may be excluded in the policy.

For hospitalization plan, eczema seems like a big issue these days, more and more kids are having this at very very young age, even few months old. So it's really advisable to take up a comprehensive hospitalisation plan asap after childbirth. For instance, for my friend, NTUC wouldn't cover ezcema despite the baby was only 2 months old then. And the ezcema was the very mild kind, just redness all over the face but the stupid pd wrote Baby Acne in the Health booklet and triggered the NTUC exclusion. They took up Aviva as a result as Aviva didn't state any exclusions.

And there are many other things that can cause issues with babies in the first year, like hospitalisation due to bronchitis/ pneumonia... all these will/ may be looked upon unfavorably by insurance companies if were to take up Hosp plan only post hospitalization.

Therefore for insurance purpose, I feel it's better to act FAST :)

Oic.. Thanks for the info. Why your friend's bb only 2 mths and they also exclude? Then when shud we sign baby up for insurance? The day they are born? Scary!

I am v worried about ezcema too, it is getting super common nowadays...

Don't worry about taking care of baby. Follow your mommy instincts and it's usually right. :) you can sign up for parent craft courses too. They have courses like how to clean baby, safe medication and even infant/toddler cpr.

What baby fair is on in April?

Its on 12 to 14th april at expo, mummy market aka baby fair :) U can like their FB pg to get more info.

Yes.. Harmony test tel me the gender as well..

Team :eek:

We tot will be :oops: cos my hubby is the only son with 5sisters abv him .

So he 'admitted' tat in his family, 'gal' genes stronger, so he say if is a gal he is not surprised. He say he reali do not hv preference & he is not the old fashion type.. He say i am the one who keep accusing him if having preference & making own judgements..

& personally i had a dream abt having a gal.. We walked into nursery & went to see our bb & it was wrapped in pink blanket..

know gender yet? harmony can tell already

Last edited:
wow!! u share share with us your research okie... :)

You can join the prenatal course at TMC or Mt A....quite informative.

Maid is a big headache for me too. I try to not think abt it for now. Which country r u gg to seek? Me, likely Myanmar, I don't mind them slow, I just want trustworthy characters.

I actually thinking to get pinoy. Cuz my gf share with me her experience with maids, she just changed her recent maid and learn something useful when choosing maid esp from phillipines. Try to get those very wulu wulu kampong de. Cuz if from city, their character tend to like those maids we always saw during sunday at orchard. Haha... so my gf was lucky, her maid very timid n guai... dun go out make friends de. Very keep to herself, will not ask to go out shopping etc. Still took her off too study(parttime class) for her own good when she back to country in future. My gf encouraged her and teach her when she need help in study. However, my hubby opt for Indonesia. Also dunno y, I think he dun like pinoys ba. He claims indon more guai. Lol... but y myanmar? Any particular reason?

My research more on bb products and feeding use. Eg. Which pampers and milk formula already decided. Milk bottles, breastpump (checked on you tube, seems comfortable to use compared to other competitors) and steriliser using Avent brand. Saving abit for bb cot, gg buy 2nd hand cot online, can find $30 to $80 good condition cot. Cot mattress n bumper can buy from ikea to replace due to hygiene. Pram haven decide, as I wanna get those big and stable range, but hubby suggest those light and convenient. But I scare nt secure and stable enough if too small or light. So will go bb fair see and compare during April. Also left with air purifier... haven decide on brand. Hopefully all MTBs can give some feedback.

I also trying to write down in a notebook of what is needed to prepare. So that I wun missed out haha :D

Hey mtb,

Anyone went got genetic scanning before??

i gg next week, which i will be in 14w liao..

Wat to expect during the session??

If my harmony test are 'normal' , can i still expect anything 'negative' ??

& also the nurse at dr ananda clinic say they will call my gynae clinic to ask them fax over my harmony test results..

Then i was like 'ermmm' ...

Then the nurse ask 'or u prefer not to let ur gynae know u come here?' ..

I was just puzzled at y she ask tis qn? My Gynae will buay song one meh?

I realise after the bb fair in april, in between may-july there dun seems to be any bb fairs??

Ya.. but i suspect july will have another bb fair. But worried will be too late to grab bb stuffs. So tend to grab on April's.. any that missed out jiu last min buy in July if there is bb fair. And also feel that July might be too tiring for me to buy stuffs. Haha... I abit kiasu type de. Intend to prepare in advance, then during july onwards will start to set up bb stuffs and do laundry for bb clothes etc..

Oic.. Thanks for the info. Why your friend's bb only 2 mths and they also exclude? Then when shud we sign baby up for insurance? The day they are born? Scary!

I am v worried about ezcema too, it is getting super common nowadays...

I guess NTUC is more conservative, but can always appeal again to the insurer when the condition gets better. It's good idea to have some ideas about the various policies and suitabilities before childbirth. Upon delivery, then can simply sign up when it's convenient.

My parents's neighbour's kid, the eczema is quite bad, 4 yo now, at times can see the blood stains on the clothing. 1 of my gf's boy has quite bad eczema condition too and she became sahm as a result cos the longer these kids get breastmilk, the better it is plus for serious cases, not very possible to let them go childcare due to food allergies concerns.

But we don't have to worry so much now, life is simply too unpredictable. We just take note and we move on :)

I actually thinking to get pinoy. Cuz my gf share with me her experience with maids, she just changed her recent maid and learn something useful when choosing maid esp from phillipines. Try to get those very wulu wulu kampong de. Cuz if from city, their character tend to like those maids we always saw during sunday at orchard. Haha... so my gf was lucky, her maid very timid n guai... dun go out make friends de. Very keep to herself, will not ask to go out shopping etc. Still took her off too study(parttime class) for her own good when she back to country in future. My gf encouraged her and teach her when she need help in study. However, my hubby opt for Indonesia. Also dunno y, I think he dun like pinoys ba. He claims indon more guai. Lol... but y myanmar? Any particular reason?

My research more on bb products and feeding use. Eg. Which pampers and milk formula already decided. Milk bottles, breastpump (checked on you tube, seems comfortable to use compared to other competitors) and steriliser using Avent brand. Saving abit for bb cot, gg buy 2nd hand cot online, can find $30 to $80 good condition cot. Cot mattress n bumper can buy from ikea to replace due to hygiene. Pram haven decide, as I wanna get those big and stable range, but hubby suggest those light and convenient. But I scare nt secure and stable enough if too small or light. So will go bb fair see and compare during April. Also left with air purifier... haven decide on brand. Hopefully all MTBs can give some feedback.

I also trying to write down in a notebook of what is needed to prepare. So that I wun missed out haha :D
Some thoughts for pondering. Cot may not be a necessity. Depends on what is ur preference. Quite a few ppl advised me to use a mattress. No need to worry bb may fall out of cot etc. For my first i did use a cot but he fell out before so after that i switched to mattress and we stuck to it ever since. Another benefit of using mattress is it is in line with montessori approach. Fosters independence as child can have access to their bed when they want to sleep instead of relying on adult. Maybe u want to read up more about it. Cots are not that cheap. Mattress can still be used when child is older.

Oh, for the 2 month old case, I think it's just bad luck that the pd wrote Baby Acne in the Health Booklet cos will need to submit copies fr HB to insurer. Many babies will get mo-peng face at around 1 month old, pds commonly term that as mummy hormones. Will clear up in few weeks time unless it's something more.

If newborn got hospitalised due to any reasons, will need to mention in the hospitalization plan application form too, then up to insurer to decide if going to make any exclusions. All can be appealed and decision may be reversed when the child gets well. But for jaundice, that one is ok, won't affect hospitalization plan. Another very common one is water in lungs at birth. I can't recall how my friends with this issue settle their insurance. But this one we really can't help, as can only get hospitalization plan for them after birth.

There are some plans that can take effect the moment the baby is born, ie will have to sign up before the baby is born. Can find out more from insurance agent but from what I know, it's rather pricey.

Some thoughts for pondering. Cot may not be a necessity. Depends on what is ur preference. Quite a few ppl advised me to use a mattress. No need to worry bb may fall out of cot etc. For my first i did use a cot but he fell out before so after that i switched to mattress and we stuck to it ever since. Another benefit of using mattress is it is in line with montessori approach. Fosters independence as child can have access to their bed when they want to sleep instead of relying on adult. Maybe u want to read up more about it. Cots are not that cheap. Mattress can still be used when child is older.

You have some point too... dilemma now. Hmmm.. let me discuss with hubby again on this topic. What the rest of MTBs think? Cot or mattress? Welcome alot feedback :p Cot isnt cheap thats y im gg for 2nd hand de.. then just spend on new cot mattress and bumper etc. 2nd hand cot around $30 to $80. If not can get from some of my friends who bb had grown up.. they dun need cot anymore and can pass down. Hehe...

You are very well organised :)

Oh, that kampong pinoy is good idea too. Indo ones heee...I'm afraid of black magic and their fasting month. So it's like by default - Myanmar though I heard they are slow slow slow :( Gosh what a headache...

Stroller wise, depends on how often you gonna be using it. Since you are a sahm, I would imagine - using a fair bit. I have chosen stability and performance (heavier stroller) over lightweight stroller. I'm out and about a lot with my girl since she was a baby. A stroller with good performance, means smoother rides, easier to turn corners, lighter to push about, etc, all translates to - less fatigue for the user. These strollers can usually carry more shopping bags (supermarket shopping is like a routine) and goes up and down humps/ curbs very well.

For mine, I can turn the stroller 90 degrees with 1 hand with ease and when I'm pushing it forward, I don't have to exert much strength cos it has very good momentum.

I've used lightweight strollers before, I feel it's very hard to maneuver and I feel more exhausted in the end. At crowded places it's bad. The other day I went to mt faber with some friends, plus our kids in strollers. A mummy who was pushing Combi, she had a lot of difficulty moving her stroller in the direction she wishes cos it's a bit windy/ narrow footpath and some ups and downs. No doubt Combi is very good and very commonly used by many. I also noticed her stroller will fall backwards each time she gets her child outta the stroller cos the stroller can't balance the weight of her diaper bag hanging behind.

If I'm out and about a lot, especially with a beginning walker child, definitely needs to carry him/her in and outta the stroller a lot, I can't imagine the stroller falling backwards all the time. I guess that's 1 of the Combi lightweight stroller's problem.

But for those who takes buses together with stroller, than Combi lightweight is very suitable indeed.

Maybe I'm biased but I've been very happy with my stroller choice, so far it's only a chore lifting up n down the car but it's only a few kg heavier than the lighter brands. The rest of the way, it's a life savior for me :)

Just my 2 cents :) Cos I know there are a lot of advocates for lightweight strollers heee...

You are very well organised :)

Oh, that kampong pinoy is good idea too. Indo ones heee...I'm afraid of black magic and their fasting month. So it's like by default - Myanmar though I heard they are slow slow slow :( Gosh what a headache...

Stroller wise, depends on how often you gonna be using it. Since you are a sahm, I would imagine - using a fair bit. I have chosen stability and performance (heavier stroller) over lightweight stroller. I'm out and about a lot with my girl since she was a baby. A stroller with good performance, means smoother rides, easier to turn corners, lighter to push about, etc, all translates to - less fatigue for the user. These strollers can usually carry more shopping bags (supermarket shopping is like a routine) and goes up and down humps/ curbs very well.

For mine, I can turn the stroller 90 degrees with 1 hand with ease and when I'm pushing it forward, I don't have to exert much strength cos it has very good momentum.

I've used lightweight strollers before, I feel it's very hard to maneuver and I feel more exhausted in the end. At crowded places it's bad. The other day I went to mt faber with some friends, plus our kids in strollers. A mummy who was pushing Combi, she had a lot of difficulty moving her stroller in the direction she wishes cos it's a bit windy/ narrow footpath and some ups and downs. No doubt Combi is very good and very commonly used by many. I also noticed her stroller will fall backwards each time she gets her child outta the stroller cos the stroller can't balance the weight of her diaper bag hanging behind.

If I'm out and about a lot, especially with a beginning walker child, definitely needs to carry him/her in and outta the stroller a lot, I can't imagine the stroller falling backwards all the time. I guess that's 1 of the Combi lightweight stroller's problem.

But for those who takes buses together with stroller, than Combi lightweight is very suitable indeed.

Maybe I'm biased but I've been very happy with my stroller choice, so far it's only a chore lifting up n down the car but it's only a few kg heavier than the lighter brands. The rest of the way, it's a life savior for me :)

Just my 2 cents :) Cos I know there are a lot of advocates for lightweight strollers heee...

Whats sahm? o_O

You have some point too... dilemma now. Hmmm.. let me discuss with hubby again on this topic. What the rest of MTBs think? Cot or mattress? Welcome alot feedback :p Cot isnt cheap thats y im gg for 2nd hand de.. then just spend on new cot mattress and bumper etc. 2nd hand cot around $30 to $80. If not can get from some of my friends who bb had grown up.. they dun need cot anymore and can pass down. Hehe...

In fact can get 2nd hands for many baby items. Steriliser and breast pump too :) Breastpump just need to change some of the parts.

For my girl, she's been sleeping in the cot since birth, 2.5 yo now and hasn't fallen outta the cot before. Because u the cot base can be lowered as they grow older so they are not able to climb out. Plus don't have big pillows in the cot for them to use as stepping stones for climbing out.

1 benefit I've experienced fr using baby cot is that, I don't have to bend down that far to change her diapers or when tending to her. Cos the cot base is high, higher than our master bed. Many mummies seems to experience lower back pain after childbirth and it's great when bending is kept to a minimum. Then when baby is older, eg 8 months, can lower the cot base by 1-2 level, by then, the lower back pain should be gone, if any.

For using mattress, babies will start to roll around by 6 months or so, I'm not sure how to prevent them from falling off the mattress onto the floor/mat. No doubt the fall distance is very little but still I'm not sure if it's ok. Maybe mummies can shed some light on this.

I think some mummies will co-sleep with their babies...like both mummy and baby sleeping on mattress on the floor. Then perhaps the mattress option is viable.

But co-sleeping does have it's pros and cons.

I also see some friends moving their kids from cot to mattress at about age 2, I think they pad the mattress surroundings with pillows.

I will be skipping this mattress stage as I intend to shift my girl to a child bed (with bed rails) very soon. But I know from experience, some parents don't trust child bed cos their kids are very active and will potentially fall off the bed a lot. So far, my girl quite guai, she doesn't jump off the sofa, etc (phew...).

Thus there are definitely many sleeping arrangements to explore and don't be surprised if we keep getting it wrong lol... kids, they can really test our patience and resourcefulness :)

Its on 12 to 14th april at expo, mummy market aka baby fair :) U can like their FB pg to get more info.
Thanks! Yea I liked the page already but was not aware that they had another fair coming up.

We're using a cot, btw. Got it at the fair before my #1 was born. We'll be reusing it for sure. We got one that can be adjusted to quite low so she hasn't fallen out yet. The cot is in our room at the moment. We put her there for naps and bedtime but when she wakes at night to nurse, i move her to our bed and she can have her "buffet" while I continue to sleep. So, it's good so far but we'll transition to toddler bed soon cos #2 will need the cot.. For #2, we may put the cot in the nursery and have baby sleep there. Hopefully we get a good sleeper, otherwise, plan B is to put the cot back in our room. Like @Vermont mentioned, it's your own sleeping plan and preference.

Strollers wise, we're got a heavier one. Lightweight ones didn't work for us but it's definitely more convenient if you take public transport. However, we hardly use the stroller cos my girl is a bit "high needs", so i have a few carriers and slings and a hipseat.

Back