IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks for the replies. Definitely need to clarify tomorrow. This is because I am asked to call them on D1 of my menses and today is Cd10 yet I need to wait till next cycle for my injection. Terribly blur now.

I only felt giddy and nausea after ER, some bloatedness around lower abdomen and lost of appetite. Not much pain after the process just on and off cramping. All the best to you. I will be doing my ET tomorrow morning. ;)
Moinie,all e best for yr et tomoro! Need to hold e bladder ;)

They asked you to shift yourself? :eek: I don't even aware that they moved me, completely knocked out. Which stage were you now?
Yah loh.. Then I blur blur also shift on my own. But after all the shifting I couldn't sleep anymore. Prob rest at recovery area for 45 mins and I am discharge. Think my sedation not strong as I have childhood asthma & they reduce the dosage. I am now in tww at 6dp3dt.

Hi may i ask how frequent we need to go back for if we are prescribe clomid? Do we need to scan or tk blood test?

Im askin because so far i hv used up 4days of my mc so hv to plan wisely b4 gynae put me on clomid..

Thanks ladies in advance.. :)

I didn't hear wrongly. My lucrin injection will start beginning of my menses not during LP. Any IVFers from SGH on long protocol who is the same as me??

General advise is to eat well balanced meals but cut down carbo, more proteins like eggs and fish during stimulation(inj) stage, some ppl go tcm/accupuncture concurrently, take folic acid, multivits, fishoils, chicken essence, brazil nuts and in 2ww (2 weeks wait) post et, take it easy, no strengthenous exercises, no squats, no lifting of heavy objects, no sex.

Hihi Chrisl

Jus a self intro. I am pcos patient since 12 yr old and weight issue and currently my injection goes up to ivf dose level, but follicles are not growing. I am currently going through my first cycle for 2015 for iui. And have read your encouraging story while trying to find some solution. May I check the the above food suggested is it during the stimulation stage or after the insemination stage? I seek a second opinion and doctor say to cut down on food and reduce some weights so that the injections works. Not sure at this stage is it good to do so since I am still in the stimulation stage.

Hi may i ask how frequent we need to go back for if we are prescribe clomid? Do we need to scan or tk blood test?

Im askin because so far i hv used up 4days of my mc so hv to plan wisely b4 gynae put me on clomid..

Thanks ladies in advance.. :)

D21 to check if you ovulation. if not, they will increase ur dosage for next cycle. if yes, next cycle just continue the same dosage and dun need to go down anymore...

That's happened to me when i was prescribe to try for 3 cycle before i start my 1st fresh cycle.

Hello, is anyone with dr jerry chan from kkh? Able to share your experience with him?

I juz completed my post ivf failure with dr yu and the feedback was not positive. She says there is nothing more she can do for my situation where my embryo does not multiply well.. thinking of switching doctors..

Hihi Chrisl
Jus a self intro. I am pcos patient since 12 yr old and weight issue and currently my injection goes up to ivf dose level, but follicles are not growing. I am currently going through my first cycle for 2015 for iui. And have read your encouraging story while trying to find some solution. May I check the the above food suggested is it during the stimulation stage or after the insemination stage? I seek a second opinion and doctor say to cut down on food and reduce some weights so that the injections works. Not sure at this stage is it good to do so since I am still in the stimulation stage.
Hmm for the above I suggested is for both stimulation stage, after or even prior...or even for as a good healthier lifestyle in general now. Cos our body takes time to adjust, it is never too late to start now though..

Like say eg. you normally have lots of carbohydrates (white rice/noodles/rice based dishes like nasi lemak/mee rubus etc) thing is to cut down, cos you see the bulk of the meal is just carbohydrates and carboh provide only energy and extra energy will be converted to fats nothing else, so I advice eat a well balanced meal say like you want rice, opt for brown/red cargo/basmanti rice about a few tablespoons then topped with lotsa leafy veggie and fish/chicken/pork/eggs for proteins and add fruits before or after meal to give vitamins and fibres..actually eating this way I lots a few kilos prior to this cycle too. I was 75kg then with this and exercises I lost till 68kg..if you are also plump like me to begin with, I think doc will advice to lose some weight as studies shows actually losing some weight to be beneficial with fertility treatments. But then I must stress that it is perfectly fine to eat 'junk' like mcD kfc, oyster omelette some days..just not always ..

For now you're in stimulation stage, plan is to eat more eggs or fish(protein) to stimulate egg growth coupled with more water too..as water is impt as well. Our bodies need water to flush out toxins.. I suggest get bottled mineral/filtered water as during stimulation I didnt drink the water at home much..sg tap water is full of flouride and chlorine..which I dun really believe in. Well that is just me lah hehe..

Most imptly, stay positive and just let it be...take whatever comes your way..do your best but dun think of what u did what u did not do etc..as you are stressing yourself in this way subconsciously..

u can pm me ur email, I will send u a menu of what I roughly ate so u will get an idea..

all the best for ur cycle :)

Hi, I m having migraine kind of headache today. Read it cud be side effect of progesterone. Can take pain killer rite? I m in my 2ww..

D21 to check if you ovulation. if not, they will increase ur dosage for next cycle. if yes, next cycle just continue the same dosage and dun need to go down anymore...

That's happened to me when i was prescribe to try for 3 cycle before i start my 1st fresh cycle.

Thanks babe...

Learnt alot frm u all here... ;)

Will update after my scan next week...
Fingers crossed tht i will O naturally this cycle.. been in relax mood after my visit tp gynae few days back..

Hello, is anyone with dr jerry chan from kkh? Able to share your experience with him?

I juz completed my post ivf failure with dr yu and the feedback was not positive. She says there is nothing more she can do for my situation where my embryo does not multiply well.. thinking of switching doctors..

I'm with him but only met him for one consultation and during ER and ET. He is quite quiet but friendly. But I feel that a lot of decisions depend on you like he asked me whether I want to do long or short cycle.

I'm with him but only met him for one consultation and during ER and ET. He is quite quiet but friendly. But I feel that a lot of decisions depend on you like he asked me whether I want to do long or short cycle.
i'm under Dr Jerry too.. met him.for numerous consultations over last 2yrs.. n currently on 1st fresh cycle with him.. so far he's v nice n understanding.. n yes he is a rather quiet person.. :)

Bbpooh81,

Sorry to hear the feedback. A different opinion sometimes may yield a surprise luck after all.

Did dr yu say if hubby's sperm was ok? just to cover all bases to ensure if u go for another round, if hubby needs help ge can start his supplements too.

How old are you? At which stage did the embryos stopped/slowed down in cleaving?

This is my crazy idea (totally non-scientific) that as long as u hv eggs left, what you consume and lifestyle affects the quality of the eggs. Any thoughts of living a super healthy lifestyle? Lots of fresh green veg, fresh fruits, water, exercise, some tcm perhaps, some vitamins or supplements perhaps, reduce stress and anger, lots of laughter & joy, and lots of proper sleep, for a few months. Some docs recommend dhea to help poor eggs - as dr jerry what he thinks for your case.

It all sounds so basic but honestly how of us in SG actually do this? Just for a few months (at least 3 mobths) to let the body clear the bad stuff and start building up the good stuff.

I cant be certain this works. But if anyone is going for another fresh, my tots are it's worth the experiment to change our lifestyle to max out the chances. Just my thoughts.

Hi pinkfuchsia, 1st day no bleeding, i was worried that the scratch not done ! So i called kkh and ask, and they say it's normal. But day 2 onwards spot for a new days. Then period delayed for 2 days.

I started my fresh yday. I've been having headache, maybe from the gonal f.

What's yr status?
Hihi, my bleeding stopped the day after the scratch, all's fine now. Oh I'm preparing for my medicated FET. On mercilon now... Gd luck to u ya!

Ya, PC Wong told me some Ovulate mthly while some do not ovulate.. so he advised me to go back for scan next week to check whether I am ovulating.

u went thru IUI or IVF?
So u have twins? so nice...
are you comfortable to share with ur experience with me what made you need to do IUI / IVF?
if not u can pte me.. :)

Yes. my hubby like PC Wong too.. He said PC Wong has the assurance and confidence so he is comfortable with him..
I am glad im under good hands with PC Wong but what regretted is I should go n see him much earlier..
Hope this is not too late for me..
Hi rainbow sorry may not have caught ur whole history. I'm currently on femara to see if I ovulate on this (clomid failed) and only if this fails will I go for ivf. If im not wrong u just started fertility treatments or are contemplating to? 31 isnt too late but good that u are trying early. Sometimes we get impatient and want to go for ivd straight but it can be very taxing physically and emotionally. So maybe u wanna take a few months to try clomid or femara first?

I only felt giddy and nausea after ER, some bloatedness around lower abdomen and lost of appetite. Not much pain after the process just on and off cramping. All the best to you. I will be doing my ET tomorrow morning. ;)
Hi moinie, all the best for your ET! So u r officially into the 2WW? I'll be joining you soon. :) My ER is Mon. Tomorrow is the trigger. So troublesome..must go in the morning and at night. Can't believe things r moving along. Today the nurse inject final shot of puregon...so much more painful than usual. So will you be staying at home all the way till BT?

Hi ladies, anyone knows if it is safe to drink hot honey lime during stimm cos I hv a cough? Is it too alkaline? Called my tcm; she said it is okay to drink

Hi ladies, anyone knows if it is safe to drink hot honey lime during stimm cos I hv a cough? Is it too alkaline? Called my tcm; she said it is okay to drink
Hi bbpony, think shld be ok. Am having sore throat and cough and I took Manuka honey. I googled and it's safe to take honey or Manuka honey. Better than taking medicine.

Hi moinie, all the best for your ET! So u r officially into the 2WW? I'll be joining you soon. :) My ER is Mon. Tomorrow is the trigger. So troublesome..must go in the morning and at night. Can't believe things r moving along. Today the nurse inject final shot of puregon...so much more painful than usual. So will you be staying at home all the way till BT?
Hi ribbonz, yup I'm officially in tww now. Just transferred two embryos this morning. Hopefully they 'guai guai' and grow well. The embryologist passed me the photo of the two embryos, very excited to look at them. One of them is 'naughty' o_O, it retained in the catheter after ET..Dr Tan has to do a second transfer for me. I will be staying at home until my blood test on 16 Feb. I have additional 7 embryos for freezing, hopefully all of them can make it to the storage. According to the embryologist they will only be frozen if they meet the good grades. Hang on there lil angels!
Good to hear things are going well for you too :D. After looking at the embies, I think everything was worth it. :) Good luck and all the best to you!! Keep us updated!

Hi bbpooh81, dun be sad. I know e feeling when doc gives up on you. dr yu is a veri frank doctor. She didnt even take me in as a patient for ivf and i was referred to another sgh ivf doc. Think maybi u try to switch doc n lab environment and see wat other doctor recommends.

@HappyPeanuts whats the cost for endo scratch? On which day of AF are we supposed to do it? Dr HH Tan did not suggest this to me but I'm calling to ask if I can do this.

Ard 100 bucks excluding consultation fee as a private pt. Do it on the 4th week of the month prior to the cycle. Think they will only suggest if there's a previous failed cycle of no implementation.

Hi everyone. I am new to this tread. May consider doing ivf in May this year.
Hi Moinie, good luck for yr 2ww. Rest well. May I know if you are working? How did u manage to be able to stay home till blood test?

i'm under Dr Jerry too.. met him.for numerous consultations over last 2yrs.. n currently on 1st fresh cycle with him.. so far he's v nice n understanding.. n yes he is a rather quiet person.. :)
Thanks enchanted & lazybee85. do you think he's one who will suggest different solutions till it works? Is his queue long?

Bbpooh81,

Sorry to hear the feedback. A different opinion sometimes may yield a surprise luck after all.

Did dr yu say if hubby's sperm was ok? just to cover all bases to ensure if u go for another round, if hubby needs help ge can start his supplements too.

How old are you? At which stage did the embryos stopped/slowed down in cleaving?

This is my crazy idea (totally non-scientific) that as long as u hv eggs left, what you consume and lifestyle affects the quality of the eggs. Any thoughts of living a super healthy lifestyle? Lots of fresh green veg, fresh fruits, water, exercise, some tcm perhaps, some vitamins or supplements perhaps, reduce stress and anger, lots of laughter & joy, and lots of proper sleep, for a few months. Some docs recommend dhea to help poor eggs - as dr jerry what he thinks for your case.

It all sounds so basic but honestly how of us in SG actually do this? Just for a few months (at least 3 mobths) to let the body clear the bad stuff and start building up the good stuff.

I cant be certain this works. But if anyone is going for another fresh, my tots are it's worth the experiment to change our lifestyle to max out the chances. Just my thoughts.
Thanks ron8129. Yup, she says the issue lies with the egg and not the sperm and he doesn't require any supplement.
I am age 34 and most of my embryo stopped growing at day 2 at 2-celled. I did asked if any further supplement can help me, she juz said coq10 (which I have taken in my last cycle with no gd result) and resveratrol (sth new; not proven in ivf yet). Does anyone know the right quantity of coq10 to consume? Previously, I was only told to consume once 100mg per day and this was the only supplement I took in my last cycle + tcm.
After my last failure, I have also started to take in more supplements such as dhea, various vitamins d, e, c, progengol etc but the fact is, the doc is giving up on me...

Thanks enchanted & lazybee85. do you think he's one who will suggest different solutions till it works? Is his queue long?
he did put me on clomid n letrozole to try n propose options like iui n ivf.. but like enchanted says, in e end decision is up to e patient.. not sure abt his queue, but he is a senior consultant at Kkh..

Hi bbpooh81, dun be sad. I know e feeling when doc gives up on you. dr yu is a veri frank doctor. She didnt even take me in as a patient for ivf and i was referred to another sgh ivf doc. Think maybi u try to switch doc n lab environment and see wat other doctor recommends.
Yup, I was really sad. I was v shocked when her 1st few sentences were she had already tried everything she could and there is nothing more she could have helped me.. would a doctor give up on a patient so easily? when I visited Dr loh for dhea prescription earlier, he still encourages me to try a third time with a public hospital first as it's what i'm entitled to..though no doubt dr yu is still a gd ivf doc as she's v skilled in procedure, but her words hurts le.. connie_hopeful, any reason why she does not accept you as her patient? You tried a couple of times at kkh already?

I failed my first cycle with him. Before I start my second cycle, he prescribed dhea to me. But I think it's not working very well for me though I had more eggs this round but less survive. Are you on govt subsidy? If you are then you can't choose the doctor. I also didn't choose him.

I failed my first cycle with him. Before I start my second cycle, he prescribed dhea to me. But I think it's not working very well for me though I had more eggs this round but less survive. Are you on govt subsidy? If you are then you can't choose the doctor. I also didn't choose him.
Hi, I used to be on govt subsidy when I was on iui with kkh but for ivf, I might be on private as I heard there isn't much difference to the cost and can choose doc..are you now on tww? if so, all the best to you, enchanted!

he did put me on clomid n letrozole to try n propose options like iui n ivf.. but like enchanted says, in e end decision is up to e patient.. not sure abt his queue, but he is a senior consultant at Kkh..
Hi lazybee85, did you choose dr jerry yourself or under a govt subsidy scheme hence can't choose doc? Thanks.

Hi girls. Just wanaa pour my thoughts here as i really have no one to talk to abt this.
I'm 10dp2dt. Feel pre menses cramp alrdy..Oh so familiar. Like my previous failed cycle.

I know it's not conclusive yet But can't help But feel sad that there is a high chance this cycle is failed again.
Am starting to tear a bit again. Really don't know how stay strong for all these. Repeated ivf failures is really heart wrenching . It's like I've done so much n Dont know what more I can do anymore to have a chance to hold my own baby in my own hand.

And no one can understand. Everyone is just popping like babies like nobody business. So easy for others. So hard for people like us. N it doesn't help when everyone keeps telling me to stay relax n u can strike. If only it's so easy then many more people will strike.

N I have insenstive relatives or friends who keep urging us to go see doctor n see if there is any problem with us. Seriously our biz has nothing to do with them. No one understand how hard we have already tried and how much effort we have already put in. It's just so sickening to hear all these comments til I've avoided many gatherings nowadays.

Anyway I just wanna find a place to whine. Hope u girls don't mind!

Yup, I was really sad. I was v shocked when her 1st few sentences were she had already tried everything she could and there is nothing more she could have helped me.. would a doctor give up on a patient so easily? when I visited Dr loh for dhea prescription earlier, he still encourages me to try a third time with a public hospital first as it's what i'm entitled to..though no doubt dr yu is still a gd ivf doc as she's v skilled in procedure, but her words hurts le.. connie_hopeful, any reason why she does not accept you as her patient? You tried a couple of times at kkh already?
Hi gal, yes i agreed her words hurt. But i guess her style is frank type. She didnt accept me as ours is sperm issues(guess she dun specialise in male infertilty) so she referred me to dr hemashree who sees males subinfertility. Apparently,dr hema mentioned it was bad. She ask e embrologist for advise n she told our soldiers is not enough to do ivf even though u can store 5 to 6 vials prior. So dr hema suggested op for hubby.

We were reluctant to go to op for hubby so we dropped sgh and went to private clinic. Private clinic embrologist was encouraging n says can try icsi, His soldiers enough for it. No need for op. So off we were for 1st ivf and yes i managed to have 14 eggs fertilised,2 transfered. But sadly it was a bfn n the rest didnt make for freezing as after day 6 all e embries stop growing. I am left with none to freeze and got to start fresh all over again if i trying 2nd time. Apparantly,e diagnosis was largely due to cos hubby sperms tt leads to cells stop multiply n thus arrested development.dr says can try 2nd time. But as ivf is ex at private hospital, i have second tots of going 2nd time at private hospital.

I rested a few mths after bfn and went to govt route for subsidy n since i feel my case is trying luck on finding a good spermie. So i went poly clinic to get a referral letter to kkh.
For govt route,i think if yrs is ivf,u can directly name e dr u wanted to see. There is no difference once u start ivf simulation on e cost. E only difference is e blood test and scans having subsidy if u are a sub patient. E cost diff is ard $200 that u can saved. U already is kkh subsidy patient?then is easier,u use e subsidy patient status to do all e test if needed(maybi u can skip as u already have recent bloodtest n scans done at sgh),then proceed ivf to name a doc from there then private. U can save a little bit with this route as mentioned above

I went to kkh but not done ivf yet. Will be next mth and stepping in with not much confidence. But will try as there is no way put for us to strike natural as advised by both western n chinese doc.

So in e certain extent,i believe there is some wisdom in dr yu diagnosis but out there we just wanna try luck n to find e lucky good egg n sperm,if we can find a good 1 to have a bfp n a live born bb.

But i also find tt different labs has different handling styles. (Eg some wash e sperms a lot hence a lot will not make it,some minimal washing to retain more spermies).So its also maybi trying luck at different labs.

Internet tells me if embries stop growing at day 1-3 ,its more of egg issues. If arrested after day 3,its more of spermies issues.

So i guess maybi need to try if multivits works for u for 3 mths at least and go for another shot of try at another hospital. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hi girls. Just wanaa pour my thoughts here as i really have no one to talk to abt this.
I'm 10dp2dt. Feel pre menses cramp alrdy..Oh so familiar. Like my previous failed cycle.

I know it's not conclusive yet But can't help But feel sad that there is a high chance this cycle is failed again.
Am starting to tear a bit again. Really don't know how stay strong for all these. Repeated ivf failures is really heart wrenching . It's like I've done so much n Dont know what more I can do anymore to have a chance to hold my own baby in my own hand.

And no one can understand. Everyone is just popping like babies like nobody business. So easy for others. So hard for people like us. N it doesn't help when everyone keeps telling me to stay relax n u can strike. If only it's so easy then many more people will strike.

N I have insenstive relatives or friends who keep urging us to go see doctor n see if there is any problem with us. Seriously our biz has nothing to do with them. No one understand how hard we have already tried and how much effort we have already put in. It's just so sickening to hear all these comments til I've avoided many gatherings nowadays.

Hi ttc77,are u born under e yr of 77?me too! Jiayou n stay positive first,e results isnt out yet. Try to go praying. As long as not see red yet,there maybi still a little hope.

If results really turn up to be not as desired, Tell yrself u have done yr best. Dun blame yrself too hard. Having difficulty to have a bb is not wat we want any way...maybi u can try confide in hubby and seek support from 1 another..

I also dunno how to stay strong with 2nd ivf to accept e results but i think i just plunge in first..1 step at a time

Hi lazybee85, did you choose dr jerry yourself or under a govt subsidy scheme hence can't choose doc? Thanks.
bbpooh, i didn't choose.. was assigned to him by chance.. anyway frm what i.understand from e other sisters here, once start ivf is under private rates.. the subsidied rates r useful only for pre ivf consultations, meds n maybe even tests.. once start ivf cycle no difference in costs...

Hi ttc77,are u born under e yr of 77?me too! Jiayou n stay positive first,e results isnt out yet. Try to go praying. As long as not see red yet,there maybi still a little hope.

If results really turn up to be not as desired, Tell yrself u have done yr best. Dun blame yrself too hard. Having difficulty to have a bb is not wat we want any way...maybi u can try confide in hubby and seek support from 1 another..

I also dunno how to stay strong with 2nd ivf to accept e results but i think i just plunge in first..1 step at a time

Hee. I'm not born in year 77. Cos I registered under ttc then realised it's taken. Tried ttc7 But also taken.Haha.hence ttc 77.

Hai next week is my BT. Don't know how to accept the results if it's failed in office.

Hee. I'm not born in year 77. Cos I registered under ttc then realised it's taken. Tried ttc7 But also taken.Haha.hence ttc 77.

Hai next week is my BT. Don't know how to accept the results if it's failed in office.
ttc77, dun gif up hope!

Hm.. if u r worried abt coping, can leave leave on e day or maybe do a hpt test one day b4 to b prepared?

I hear u, I am ranting the same shit like u.. But we just hv to accept that it is happening to us.. Might face more challenges to our goal but it doesn't mean we dun reach it at all. We will come bk stronger after defeat. Dun give up, as u said its not conclusive yet. Hang on be positive :)

As long as u no see red u still stand a chance..
Stay positive.. i know is easier said than done but u hv to try..

I feel ur rantings.. esp those relatives remarks.. i hv been thru these.. thou they dun tell me straight to my face, my mum told me this n who said m i pregnant.. gt see doc?
I told my mum.. they think give birth so easy? Not like in the past where our grandparentc gave birth to half dozen or more.. now is totally different. Work stress, long workin hrs.. all these added up alrdy enuff.
n they do not understand y we hv difficulty n y ppl (my cousins) can give birth up to 3 kids..
Perhaps they think givin birth is jus easy as abc but they didnt go thru what we are havin now so they do not understand and yet still ask ask ask.. i hate.. n i avoided goin gatherings..

Now next 2 weeks will b cny.. i expected some will ask as usual..
I tjink i will said soon soon soon.. this thing cannot rush de ma.. u think so easy meh..

Im glad there is a thread here to pour our sorrows here..

So lets continue to encourage each other and am sure we will hold our little one in our arms..

Back