(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Cos that time go supermarket, then i duno i still have few cans at home.. Then i go buy somemore..

Then rch home realise i alrdy have liao..

I will pass some to my dad tmr.. So my dad can hv it wif his porridge..
Sometimes i have the same "problem". I forgot i have spare things at home. Bought again. Then hubby will nag at me..

The Doctors from the ward and clinic only say either wait and see or proceed with the procedure. when i ask about stitching the cervix, they dun even recommend that.
Kinda make me feel that i have no other options than to wait for the miscarriage to happen. Dun know is it because we are subsidised patient or what.
In any case, her appointment is with doc Han at kkh on monday. will see how will it develops.

Hugs and keeping your family in my prayers.

Just google & found this:

The Harmony test does not give information on physical or structural problems with your baby, such as heart or brain abnormalities, and it does not assess the growth or size of your baby.

So most likely i will call dr ananda clinic to schedule a genetic scan... So i hope next week (14wk) should b just fine to do the genetic scan..

Maybe you take abit of vinegar but don't take too much? moderation very important. I think our tastebud really change a lot... I all along prefer salty food and nowadays all my tastebud can taste is sweet. So sad. :(

Let's see whether is it real. My aunt in law say if we prefer sweet stuff, high chance will be a girl. ;)

She asked me i prefer meat or veggies, i say both... super carve for caesar salad and luv kfc, fried spring chicken. I carve for meat too when I was expecting my gal. I also like both salty and sweet stuff. After meal, sure must have dessert like chocolate, ice cream and yogurt. Snacks like potato chips is also a must.

Then aunt see my tummy, she say I carry low, must be a boy while my mum say I carry high, must be a gal.:confused:

Me and sane are also with him. He is very experienced. I heard his surgical and stitching skills are good. All the best!

I actually want to suggest him too, read that he is good in high risk pregnancy and cerclage.

Last edited:
Yesterday was chatting with my hubby, we sound so kiasu lo. We talked abt the plans after birth, the playgroup thing etc... we even already decided what milk formula (dumex) to give bb. Haha... cuz my hubby says he wants his bb to drink the same milk as he drank when he is small. Lol... like that also can :eek: We also talk abt how we gonna do confinement, with alot of discussion we finally decided to go with just arrange delivery of confinement food and get a maid. Haha... playgroup thingy we will start to queue once after bb is out. To avoid jubilee "jam". Very kiasu us! LOL.. what you guys think? :D

Let's see whether is it real. My aunt in law say if we prefer sweet stuff, high chance will be a girl. ;)

She asked me i prefer meat or veggies, i say both... super carve for caesar salad and luv kfc, fried spring chicken. I carve for meat too when I was expecting my gal. I also like both salty and sweet stuff. After meal, sure must have dessert like chocolate, ice cream and yogurt. Snacks like potato chips is also a must.

I also hv mix craving for sweet n salty stuffs...
If I go my mom house dessert is a must.. and sometime need to hv potato chips.. i like the hot n spicy calebee chips..

Oh.. i got a boy.. ;)

Yesterday was chatting with my hubby, we sound so kiasu lo. We talked abt the plans after birth, the playgroup thing etc... we even already decided what milk formula (dumex) to give bb. Haha... cuz my hubby says he wants his bb to drink the same milk as he drank when he is small. Lol... like that also can :eek: We also talk abt how we gonna do confinement, with alot of discussion we finally decided to go with just arrange delivery of confinement food and get a maid. Haha... playgroup thingy we will start to queue once after bb is out. To avoid jubilee "jam". Very kiasu us! LOL.. what you guys think? :D
Not kiasu. My friend said she q for more than 2 years to get her gal into one of the popular kindergarten....

Just google & found this:

The Harmony test does not give information on physical or structural problems with your baby, such as heart or brain abnormalities, and it does not assess the growth or size of your baby.

So most likely i will call dr ananda clinic to schedule a genetic scan... So i hope next week (14wk) should b just fine to do the genetic scan..
Yes a scan is still needed to look at the growth. In my last preg during oscar scan a potential heart issue was detected so we went for additional scan at 15 weeks. These issues cannot be picked up by harmony test alone.
Alternatively you can wait for detailed scan at 20 weeks?

Then aunt see my tummy, she say I carry low, must be a boy while my mum say I carry high, must be a gal.:confused:

I actually want to suggest him too, read that he is good in high risk pregnancy and cerclage.

Hi, but i dun like sweet stuff. I hate it, just that whatever I eat now, esp carbo, it gives me a sweet after taste, which i hate. Lol. I hope to eat salty stuff but everything tastesweet. Fainted. Lol. But i don't mind desserts, potato chips. Lol.

Thanks for è advice.

when i asked my gynae abt the scan, he asked me do at 20th weeks.

I think tat is the standard scan most doc will arrange for the mtb to do.

But i very kiasu, i wan a additional scan on 14th weeks, which i read some mtb actually went also.

My next appt wif gynae is 17feb (before cny) , so i was hoping to do the genetic scan before tat.

& also my hubby gg for work trip on 8feb, i wanted a piece of mind before he goes off..:p

Yes a scan is still needed to look at the growth. In my last preg during oscar scan a potential heart issue was detected so we went for additional scan at 15 weeks. These issues cannot be picked up by harmony test alone.
Alternatively you can wait for detailed scan at 20 weeks?

Thanks for è advice.

when i asked my gynae abt the scan, he asked me do at 20th weeks.

I think tat is the standard scan most doc will arrange for the mtb to do.

But i very kiasu, i wan a additional scan on 14th weeks, which i read some mtb actually went also.

My next appt wif gynae is 17feb (before cny) , so i was hoping to do the genetic scan before tat.

& also my hubby gg for work trip on 8feb, i wanted a piece of mind before he goes off..:p

pls pardon my ignorance, is the genetic test invasive?

I've always thought that Harmony test is mainly to test for Down syndrome, like Oscar test. I've not heard that it can detect anything other issues unless I understand incorrectly.

Sweet and sour tastes really appeals to me now. I have not much appetite for food, not even chips sighh... I think I've lost about 1-2kg thus far. First pregnancy wasn't this bad, maybe it's really age catching up :(

I've always thought that Harmony test is mainly to test for Down syndrome, like Oscar test. I've not heard that it can detect anything other issues unless I understand incorrectly.
Both Harmony and Oscar are screening tests. Both don't provide diagnosis but can tell you the probabilities of the issues that it is testing for. Based on the screening results further tests are then prescribed. E.g. if Oscar or Harmony classifies one as high risk then there is a choice to proceed with amnio test to diagnose.
Oscar looks at growth of the fetus so it can detect potential growth issues but again these need to be further tested when the bb develops further.
Hope this helps.

Planning and thinking about all the possibilities is so so fun :)

Which playgroup are you looking at?

I started waitlisting for a class the moment she was born heee...

Just curious, will you be getting any assistance from your folks during confinement? Understand you are not planning to engage the help of a confinement lady, which means either yourself or maid will have to bath your newborn when hubby returns to work. Many doesn't trust maid for that matter but during confinement, mummies can't touch water :( Any thing is trusting maid to wash milk bottles and breastfeeding parts.

Night time, especially during confinement, mummies will need plenty of rest in order to produce good quality and amt of breast milk, so do u think you will be sleeping with your newborn? It's interesting how the quality of breastmilk will vary according to the quality of rest/food that the mummy gets. Good quality breastmilk will be more creamy, and definitely more nutritional.

Another point to note is, in order for our body to recover well during confinement, it's best to lie down as much as possible, so as to reduce the pressure on the lower back, hips, etc, and for the uterus to 'heal'. These benefits will extend greatly into our post confinement days and months and years ahead :) At times we hear about mummies with aches and pains post confinement and much longer, as some may have overworked themselves during that period.

So if budget allows, I personally feel that confinement lady $$ will be well spent, especially for mummies' health sake and not forgetting the quality of breast milk for the newborn.

Just a thought :)

Both Harmony and Oscar are screening tests. Both don't provide diagnosis but can tell you the probabilities of the issues that it is testing for. Based on the screening results further tests are then prescribed. E.g. if Oscar or Harmony classifies one as high risk then there is a choice to proceed with amnio test to diagnose.
Oscar looks at growth of the fetus so it can detect potential growth issues but again these need to be further tested when the bb develops further.
Hope this helps.

I see, thanks for the clarifications. So oscar isn't to screen for Down syndrome? How about the week 20 tests then?

genetic scan is not invasive.. I think the doc will use a 'powerful' scan machine to see clearly into bb growing organs.. ..

Tat is y i am considering to do a genetic scan even thou my harmony result is normal.

Cos i feel harmony test will not be able to detect any abnormalities in bb organs..

Just curious, will you be getting any assistance from your folks during confinement? Understand you are not planning to engage the help of a confinement lady, which means either yourself or maid will have to bath your newborn when hubby returns to work. Many doesn't trust maid for that matter but during confinement, mummies can't touch water :( Any thing is trusting maid to wash milk bottles and breastfeeding parts.

Night time, especially during confinement, mummies will need plenty of rest in order to produce good quality and amt of breast milk, so do u think you will be sleeping with your newborn? It's interesting how the quality of breastmilk will vary according to the quality of rest/food that the mummy gets. Good quality breastmilk will be more creamy, and definitely more nutritional.

Another point to note is, in order for our body to recover well during confinement, it's best to lie down as much as possible, so as to reduce the pressure on the lower back, hips, etc, and for the uterus to 'heal'. These benefits will extend greatly into our post confinement days and months and years ahead :) At times we hear about mummies with aches and pains post confinement and much longer, as some may have overworked themselves during that period.

So if budget allows, I personally feel that confinement lady $$ will be well spent, especially for mummies' health sake and not forgetting the quality of breast milk for the newborn.

Yeah. Maids need a few months of training before their hygiene standards is up to mark. Their general knowledge is also not as good as ours so they don't know how bacteria can be spread. I definitely won't trust a new one in the first month to handle baby feeding stuff.

I see, thanks for the clarifications. So oscar isn't to screen for Down syndrome? How about the week 20 tests then?
Oscar screens for down syndrome too and more as it checks the growth of the fetus.

The 20 week scan is more on structural growth and organs development. They will check the heart, head, limbs, stomach etc etc.

Same same ... it will be fast too, soon the detailed scan ..... then after 2 check up, we will enter 3rd tri ;)

I will stick to nan, bb will follow whatever the jie jie use previously :D

I also hv mix craving for sweet n salty stuffs...
If I go my mom house dessert is a must.. and sometime need to hv potato chips.. i like the hot n spicy calebee chips..

Oh.. i got a boy.. ;)

Congrats .... another one making me envy for knowing the gender :D

Hi, but i dun like sweet stuff. I hate it, just that whatever I eat now, esp carbo, it gives me a sweet after taste, which i hate. Lol. I hope to eat salty stuff but everything tastesweet. Fainted. Lol. But i don't mind desserts, potato chips. Lol.

I just brought a bag of famous Amos cookies to indulge, chocolate chips and macadamia, now savouring pie kueh.

We shall see .... like that I guess is a boy :)
See my guess is accurate.

I went to see gynae on fri, another disappointed trip. Dr say can see something, I asked boy?? He say no no, I say girl??
He say cannot tell ...... asked me to wait for detailed scan. My mil, mum, gals and friends were all disappointed. Called me immediately and asked .... haiz ....

Last edited:
How accurate is the Harmony Prenatal Test?
Harmony’s DNA-based technology correctly identifies Down syndrome in more than 99% of cases. By comparison, traditional blood tests can miss as many as 15% of Down syndrome cases in pregnant women.

Harmony is also much less likely than traditional tests to give you a false-positive result, meaning there is much less chance your doctor would recommend follow-up invasive testing, such as amniocentesis.

How does the Harmony test work?
When you are pregnant, your blood contains fragments of your developing baby’s DNA. Harmony Prenatal Test is a new type of test that analyzes DNA in a sample of your blood to predict the risk of Down syndrome (trisomy 21) and other genetic conditions called trisomy 18 and trisomy 13.

How accurate is the Harmony Prenatal Test?
Harmony’s DNA-based technology correctly identifies Down syndrome in more than 99% of cases. By comparison, traditional blood tests can miss as many as 15% of Down syndrome cases in pregnant women.

Harmony is also much less likely than traditional tests to give you a false-positive result, meaning there is much less chance your doctor would recommend follow-up invasive testing, such as amniocentesis.

How does the Harmony test work?
When you are pregnant, your blood contains fragments of your developing baby’s DNA. Harmony Prenatal Test is a new type of test that analyzes DNA in a sample of your blood to predict the risk of Down syndrome (trisomy 21) and other genetic conditions called trisomy 18 and trisomy 13.
Something interesting I heard from a doc friend. The blood is either sent to the States or China for testing. I wonder is this one of the factors that contributes to the variance in prices.

Trisomy 13 occurs in about 1 out of every 10,000 newborns. Most cases are not passed down through families (inherited). Instead, the events that lead to trisomy 13 occur in either the sperm or the egg that forms the fetus.

This is very interesting and new to me. Amongst my friends with kids age 2-3, there are 3 of them with cleft palate and hernias conditions and they all did the Oscar tests then, as we were below 35yo that point. All their oscar tests results very good. Meaning their oscar test results may have failed them in a way. This is very new to me.

Something interesting I heard from a doc friend. The blood is either sent to the States or China for testing. I wonder is this one of the factors that contributes to the variance in prices.

Oh china??!!!

Okie lucky my clinic sends to USA.

Mine too. The poo is so nice :D, no constipation for her.

Best part is aunt in law works in a clinic, she gave us cartons of 400g tin.

lol... poo is so very important. I remember during her first year, sooo much discussions with friends abt poo.

wow free fm is insane. Will have to start collecting free samples from gynae soon. gosh, can't believe it's all happening again...

lol... poo is so very important. I remember during her first year, sooo much discussions with friends abt poo.

wow free fm is insane. Will have to start collecting free samples from gynae soon. gosh, can't believe it's all happening again...

True... haha ... and seeing poo at that time was like seeing gold.
I got so worried when I fed her the unsuitable formula and she never poo for days till I read the reviews from the mummies here about nan, changed it and she poo so much.

Yea ...it seems like we r reliving the good old days again :D

@Vermont.. im looking around my hse area which is punggol, easier to send and fetch. Becuz no one able to take care of my bb, my parents staying very far and IL all working and MIl have her own biz. I unable to ask MIL to give up her job and biz to take care of bb and furthermore she has no experience with bb as my hubby was taken care by his grandma since born. I have do some calculation. Hiring a CL cost around 2k to 2.5k excluding purchasing of foods for cooking, +- $3k plus for CL. After 1 mth confinement, left me alone so still have to take care of bb myself. My tot was paying 1.6k for confinement food delivery and $600 monthly for maid. Will engage maid b4 delivery so that she can get used to my environment and also accompany me at home for my last month of delivery incase I need emergency help to hospital for delivery whereby no one at home always. I know its nt safe to hire maid to handle but bobian, sooner later still need engage 1 after my ML ends. So thinking to hire in advance and train her, she can helped me with housework and some bb chores when I on confinement.

I dun have much options left. :(

Yeah. Maids need a few months of training before their hygiene standards is up to mark. Their general knowledge is also not as good as ours so they don't know how bacteria can be spread. I definitely won't trust a new one in the first month to handle baby feeding stuff.
@slchua totally agree.. but I really have no choice. My MIL super like hygiene. When I gt married with my hubby and moved in, my MIL set alot of rules esp for kitchen. Strictly no frying of foods as she hate the greasy and oily after all the fried things. So my kitchen was like super clean and "empty". Which means no oil, no salt, no sugar... no pot.. no gas.... no butcher knife (she claims she dun like too much "sharp" objects at home.. *pantang*) and she sweep and mop floor twice a day even no one at home (8am b4 go work and midnight or 1am after she rch home) she super like clean de.. so I can forseen if I engage a CL, sure have alot of prob btw the CL and my MIL. She also not really hygiene in terms of bathing and sweat. She can sweat easily. And at times clumsy, from what I see how she treat my hubby's dog. I will say, I rather have a maid whereby I can correct and teach if she had done wrong than get my MIL involve. If she does wrong, I cant correct her as she is stubborn and always think her ways are right. And for washing laundry, my MIL wun helped as she only washed hers and my hubby's. She wun touch mine. So I dun think she will helped my bb laundry too. With maid help, I thinks its easier.

Haiz.. big headache! Thats y after discussion.. hai shi hire maid. Saved all the conflicts in future. Stress....

Hi mummies, I had just received a call from clinic and my Oscar scan was bad, its actually the blood test that pulls down the ratio. Totally no mood for anything and no appetite to lunch after answering the call. I really don't know what to do next. Can mummies please advise me? :(

Hmmm, did your clinic advise u what is the next step u should do?

gg for invasive test like amino??

Hi mummies, I had just received a call from clinic and my Oscar scan was bad, its actually the blood test that pulls down the ratio. Totally no mood for anything and no appetite to lunch after answering the call. I really don't know what to do next. Can mummies please advise me? :(

I just make appt on 5feb at dr ananda clinic.

I told the nurse ny harmony test result is normal & asked if a genetic scanning is required.

She say genetic scanning is more to check on the organs like brain, limbs & etc..

She ask me to bring the copy of harmony test result to them.. But i say next appt wif Gynae is 17feb, so not sure if can get hold of the report.

Nurse say she can call up my gynae clinic to request them to fax to dr ananda. Then she ask me 'or u dun wan to let ur gynae know you come here?' ..

I was puzzled by this question. Will my gynae be :mad: if he know i come to dr ananda??

@slchua totally agree.. but I really have no choice. My MIL super like hygiene. When I gt married with my hubby and moved in, my MIL set alot of rules esp for kitchen. Strictly no frying of foods as she hate the greasy and oily after all the fried things. So my kitchen was like super clean and "empty". Which means no oil, no salt, no sugar... no pot.. no gas.... no butcher knife (she claims she dun like too much "sharp" objects at home.. *pantang*) and she sweep and mop floor twice a day even no one at home (8am b4 go work and midnight or 1am after she rch home) she super like clean de.. so I can forseen if I engage a CL, sure have alot of prob btw the CL and my MIL. She also not really hygiene in terms of bathing and sweat. She can sweat easily. And at times clumsy, from what I see how she treat my hubby's dog. I will say, I rather have a maid whereby I can correct and teach if she had done wrong than get my MIL involve. If she does wrong, I cant correct her as she is stubborn and always think her ways are right. And for washing laundry, my MIL wun helped as she only washed hers and my hubby's. She wun touch mine. So I dun think she will helped my bb laundry too. With maid help, I thinks its easier.

Haiz.. big headache! Thats y after discussion.. hai shi hire maid. Saved all the conflicts in future. Stress....
It is good that you are getting the maid in early to help you and get used to the environment. Usually takes 3 months to train them to a certain standard. Definitely you will need help when you are at home with the baby in the first few months. I found the extra pair of hands useful even if it is frustrating sometimes.
But you will also need to think about what happens after you go back to work. If your bb goes to infant care, what will your maid be doing at home every day? Sounding a bit pessimistic, some of them can be a bit funny if too much idle time on their hands so have to think of how to deal with that.
Hmmm i would put the cost of hiring a maid at closer to 800 a month. Better for budgeting. New maids usually get 450 plus 70 if no off days. Levy is 120 per month. Expect food and utilities to increase once they are here. So safer to budget at 800 per month.

Hi i also have a bad result. Similar to your case my blood test results is not good.
There are a few course of actions you can take. It depends whether you want to do screening or diagnostic tests.

1. Take harmony test which is a screening test to rule out oscar error. If risk results are still high then go for diagnostic.
2. Do nothing and wait until 20 week scan to see if more details show up. If the scan shows high risk can then go for diagnostic test like amnio to confirm

It all sounds very clinical and does nothing to make us feel better. It is very hard to advise which is a better course of action. Only you will be able to answer that.

Hope you feel better soon. I would suggest you don't think about it today. Rest your mind and tomorrow when you are refreshed you can think about it again.

It is good that you are getting the maid in early to help you and get used to the environment. Usually takes 3 months to train them to a certain standard. Definitely you will need help when you are at home with the baby in the first few months. I found the extra pair of hands useful even if it is frustrating sometimes.
But you will also need to think about what happens after you go back to work. If your bb goes to infant care, what will your maid be doing at home every day? Sounding a bit pessimistic, some of them can be a bit funny if too much idle time on their hands so have to think of how to deal with that.
Hmmm i would put the cost of hiring a maid at closer to 800 a month. Better for budgeting. New maids usually get 450 plus 70 if no off days. Levy is 120 per month. Expect food and utilities to increase once they are here. So safer to budget at 800 per month.

Yup... I will not put my bb to infant care since I gt a maid. I will put to playgrp probably when bb is 2 or 3yo. Due to bb immune system, nt really Advise able to put in infant care where there are so many bbs around, I also worried virus spread. Heard too much stories

Sweet and sour tastes really appeals to me now. I have not much appetite for food, not even chips sighh... I think I've lost about 1-2kg thus far. First pregnancy wasn't this bad, maybe it's really age catching up :(

Me too.. I got no appetite for most things too. I lost about 1.5kg liao. Haha.. Let's take it that we get abit of discount first, later 2nd and 3rd tri, confirm put on a lot of weight. :)
Me even worse, first pregnancy already like that, cant imagine how subsequent (if any) will be. :)

Same same ... it will be fast too, soon the detailed scan ..... then after 2 check up, we will enter 3rd tri ;)

I will stick to nan, bb will follow whatever the jie jie use previously :D

Congrats .... another one making me envy for knowing the gender :D

I just brought a bag of famous Amos cookies to indulge, chocolate chips and macadamia, now savouring pie kueh.

We shall see .... like that I guess is a boy :)
See my guess is accurate.

I went to see gynae on fri, another disappointed trip. Dr say can see something, I asked boy?? He say no no, I say girl??
He say cannot tell ...... asked me to wait for detailed scan. My mil, mum, gals and friends were all disappointed. Called me immediately and asked .... haiz ....

Oh.. you are guessing for mine, based on my taste preference? :)
I also don't know whether will it be accurate.
Hope you can see your baby's gender soon! Maybe nx appointment should be clearer?

Yup... I will not put my bb to infant care since I gt a maid. I will put to playgrp probably when bb is 2 or 3yo. Due to bb immune system, nt really Advise able to put in infant care where there are so many bbs around, I also worried virus spread. Heard too much stories

Hi, I think many people will be worried about whether the maid would be up to standards. But don't worry, I also heard of cases whereby mummies have to pass to maid to take care from Day 1 and it turns out fine. Since you are getting the maid in before you deliver, like you said, there will be more time to train her up. :)
I agree that putting babies in infant care, really will make babies fall sick more. :(

Hi, hugs to you. :)
Perhaps you can consider Harmony or amniotic test? I am abit more worried about amniotic as there is a v v slight risk of miscarriage but the accuracy is there. Whereas Harmony is still a screening test afterall. I think my gynae would want me to go through amniotic if my Oscars results is bad. :(
Haiz, so worrying for all mummies. Really hope that your's is just an Oscar error and that your baby is fine.

Good advice!
Do you have any good recommendations from friends/family of confinement lady that you will not be using for yourself? Am still looking for recommendations. Sigh.

Hmmm, did your clinic advise u what is the next step u should do?
gg for invasive test like amino??

Yes, Dr advise either Amino or Harmony. And I was thinking as Harmony uses blood test as well and I failed my blood test during Oscar so Im not confident of the end result as its related to blood test. As for Amino, I'm really afraid as much as I wanted a 100% assurance. Sigh.

Hi i also have a bad result. Similar to your case my blood test results is not good.
There are a few course of actions you can take. It depends whether you want to do screening or diagnostic tests.
1. Take harmony test which is a screening test to rule out oscar error. If risk results are still high then go for diagnostic.
2. Do nothing and wait until 20 week scan to see if more details show up. If the scan shows high risk can then go for diagnostic test like amnio to confirm
It all sounds very clinical and does nothing to make us feel better. It is very hard to advise which is a better course of action. Only you will be able to answer that.
Hope you feel better soon. I would suggest you don't think about it today. Rest your mind and tomorrow when you are refreshed you can think about it again.

sl, maybe i know what steps did you take thereafter the Oscar result? And I guess all is fine now? Did you take Harmony as that's based on blood test too so am still struggling over it. Usually what can be spotted during 20 week? As I asked my gynae, he said if I choose to just ignore the Oscar, I won't be able to detect anything during 20 week scan. Does 20 week scan included blood test as well? Thanks sl, I'm really very affected and just can't stop thinking and concentrate at work.

Hi, hugs to you. :)
Perhaps you can consider Harmony or amniotic test? I am abit more worried about amniotic as there is a v v slight risk of miscarriage but the accuracy is there. Whereas Harmony is still a screening test afterall. I think my gynae would want me to go through amniotic if my Oscars results is bad. :(
Haiz, so worrying for all mummies. Really hope that your's is just an Oscar error and that your baby is fine.

Thanks Piggling. Yeah, it seems to be such a tough decision and now I think back, I should have gone straight to Harmony instead. When will you be getting back yours? Don't worry, Im sure all will be good! :)

@Vermont.. im looking around my hse area which is punggol, easier to send and fetch. Becuz no one able to take care of my bb, my parents staying very far and IL all working and MIl have her own biz. I unable to ask MIL to give up her job and biz to take care of bb and furthermore she has no experience with bb as my hubby was taken care by his grandma since born. I have do some calculation. Hiring a CL cost around 2k to 2.5k excluding purchasing of foods for cooking, +- $3k plus for CL. After 1 mth confinement, left me alone so still have to take care of bb myself. My tot was paying 1.6k for confinement food delivery and $600 monthly for maid. Will engage maid b4 delivery so that she can get used to my environment and also accompany me at home for my last month of delivery incase I need emergency help to hospital for delivery whereby no one at home always. I know its nt safe to hire maid to handle but bobian, sooner later still need engage 1 after my ML ends. So thinking to hire in advance and train her, she can helped me with housework and some bb chores when I on confinement.

I dun have much options left. :(

Sounds like you have it all worked out :) Yes this baby business is lotsa $$$ and even more going forward :( :( As long as we can keep our sanity in check, it's all good and pray for a good good bagus maid :)

Same for myself, I'll be hiring a maid in 3rd trimester, this is my biggest worry but like u said too, it'll have to be done. I've already engaged a confinement lady, 2.5k. That seems to be the ongoing market rate. Some top notch ones are asking for up to 2.9k... pure insanity indeed :(

Oh I have 1 more item to add to your budgeting. Jamu lady. some good ones may costs more but you'll get very different treatment and results too. My first Jamu lady was abt $600+ very ex, though very good. So this time round, I'm definitely going to downgrade.

Confinement food is nice and very convenient, a good choice indeed. I ordered confinement food too with my No.1 and my mum helped 2.5 weeks of my confinement. Sadly I didn't rest sufficiently during confinement, had quite a hard time after that with health. That's why I'm hoping to Bu back during no.2 confinement, that's likely my only and last chance to remedy cos likely gg to close shop after that.

Another item for your budgeting list - confinement herbs. Many will brew and drink herbs daily, herbs packed separately into daily packages by med halls. This is about $200-300 depending on the quality of the herbs.

When you mention playgroup, do u mean enrichments? I think playgroups in preschools start at 18m. Whilst enrichment can start very early.

Good advice!
Do you have any good recommendations from friends/family of confinement lady that you will not be using for yourself? Am still looking for recommendations. Sigh.

Good ones get booked VERY FAST. My first 2 choices were taken up before week 8 :( I've engaged my 3rd choice now.

So far I've not queried for more CL contacts as I've stopped at the 3rd. Let's see if mummies here have any suggestions :)

Yes, Dr advise either Amino or Harmony. And I was thinking as Harmony uses blood test as well and I failed my blood test during Oscar so Im not confident of the end result as its related to blood test. As for Amino, I'm really afraid as much as I wanted a 100% assurance. Sigh.

sl, maybe i know what steps did you take thereafter the Oscar result? And I guess all is fine now? Did you take Harmony as that's based on blood test too so am still struggling over it. Usually what can be spotted during 20 week? As I asked my gynae, he said if I choose to just ignore the Oscar, I won't be able to detect anything during 20 week scan. Does 20 week scan included blood test as well? Thanks sl, I'm really very affected and just can't stop thinking and concentrate at work.

Thanks Piggling. Yeah, it seems to be such a tough decision and now I think back, I should have gone straight to Harmony instead. When will you be getting back yours? Don't worry, Im sure all will be good! :)

Big Hugs. I'm really quite ignorant of these tests, so sorry I can't offer any suggestions. I hope all goes well.

I also wonder what's the diff betw the bloodtest for Oscar and Harmony though it's claimed that Harmony is 99% accurate, Oscar 90%.

Those that I know who had bad oscar results, they normally do amino at Paragon next but that's abt 3 yrs ago where Harmony isn't popular in Singapore yet (was like $2.5k back then).

Like your nick, have faith. Whatever comes, we still have to face it eventually.
However by worrying and filling the mind will negative thoughts will not help in anything and will only make ourselves more miserable
How is the scan? Can u see the baby's nasal bone/spine? How about the lung, heart and major organs?

The ratio is just a statics. Might not be as bad as what u think.

Oh.. you are guessing for mine, based on my taste preference? :)
I also don't know whether will it be accurate.
Hope you can see your baby's gender soon! Maybe nx appointment should be clearer?

U have more buffer to eat during CNY, don't need to be scared to put on weight.
Hehe I am guessing yours. The next scan will be in 02 Mar, detailed scan.
Hopefully can see, is the longest wait of my life.

Back