IVF/ICSI Support Group

Harlow all, I Hv a few questions I hope I can get them addressed... :)

For ladies who did FET and endo scratch before, Isit common to get spotting while taking mercilon? And if it's normal to experience mild bleeding after the procedure? I'm also curious I am scheduled for endo scratch on D14 but I read tat it's usually D21...
Just finished my last Mercilon pill 3 days ago, no spotting detected while on it.
Now waiting for AF to arrive so I can start Progynova on CD3/4
Scheduled for first scan on 14th day of Progynova.

Anyone know why 1st scan for med.FET is so late? Thought it's usually day 8 or 10 for unmed.FET?? Why medicated is 14th (that's CD17!!)?

Just finished my last Mercilon pill 3 days ago, no spotting detected while on it.

Anyone know why 1st scan for med.FET is so late? Thought it's usually day 8 or 10 for unmed.FET?? Why medicated is 14th (that's CD17!!)?

Im also on medicated fet. Today is my d8 on progynova and im gg for my 1st scan later.
Which hospital are you with? Im with kkh.

Hihi, yup my schedule states only scan on D14 of progynova too.. If lining is ok then will proceed with transfer in a couple of days.

Any one did endo scratch before?

I always put on panty liner before utrogestan. Then I stuck a piece of toilet at the buttock cos the medicine will flow out n backwards. I normally lie down lah. But sometimes Stil kena , esp at the buttock side on the panty. Lol!

Hihi, yup my schedule states only scan on D14 of progynova too.. If lining is ok then will proceed with transfer in a couple of days.

Any one did endo scratch before?

I've done endo scratch for this fresh cycle. It's done the month before the cycle. Simple procedure, Feels like a pap smear to me.

i did it at kk clinic D. Apparently if need sedation, will hv to do at ivf centre.

HI Ladies,

hope this thread is active :)

a simple and short self intro of my self.

Im TTC and recently went for fertility checks at NUH.. got my results and was told that I might not O in my last cycle.. so gynae ask me go back for scan next week which will be my fertile window..
gynae did mentioned that if I m not O this cycle I will need to be on fertility pill, I suppose is clomid ba if im not wrong..

Anyone have similar case like mine?

I did suspect mayb I m PCOS but my menses cycle are regular and im not not obese..

Will IVF help in order to get preggy?

Thanks in advance :)

I always put on panty liner before utrogestan. Then I stuck a piece of toilet at the buttock cos the medicine will flow out n backwards. I normally lie down lah. But sometimes Stil kena , esp at the buttock side on the panty. Lol!
haha....with some on panty, some same out with urine, dun know left how many medicine inside the body....

Hi, I'm new to this thread. I had a BFN on fresh cycle two months ago, and currently waiting to do my frozen cycle next month (which I only had 1 embie). Was wondering if endo scratch will help and appreciate if anyone can share their experience/success with endo scratch.

Is it better to do endo scratch on a fresh cycle? What's the cost of the endo scratch and when are we suppose to do it?

I've done endo scratch for this fresh cycle. It's done the month before the cycle. Simple procedure, Feels like a pap smear to me.

i did it at kk clinic D. Apparently if need sedation, will hv to do at ivf centre.
Hi happypeanuts! It's painful for me!!! You experience mild bleeding after the procedure? wats your status now?

Hi happypeanuts! It's painful for me!!! You experience mild bleeding after the procedure? wats your status now?

HI Ladies,

hope this thread is active :)

a simple and short self intro of my self.

Im TTC and recently went for fertility checks at NUH.. got my results and was told that I might not O in my last cycle.. so gynae ask me go back for scan next week which will be my fertile window..
gynae did mentioned that if I m not O this cycle I will need to be on fertility pill, I suppose is clomid ba if im not wrong..

Anyone have similar case like mine?

I did suspect mayb I m PCOS but my menses cycle are regular and im not not obese..

Will IVF help in order to get preggy?

Thanks in advance :)
I've friends who are thin yet they are PCOS, and some with help of clomid, helped them conceived..now they are with healthy children. If your age is not a factor, maybe try with clomid/femara 1st and see? Cos ivf is still rather invasive ..hv to undergo lots of emotional and physical agony + not to mention more expensive than just clomid..
you're with NUH..then you're in good hands I must say :) Go for the scan next week and see what the doc advise..who is your doc may I ask?

Hi, I'm new to this thread. I had a BFN on fresh cycle two months ago, and currently waiting to do my frozen cycle next month (which I only had 1 embie). Was wondering if endo scratch will help and appreciate if anyone can share their experience/success with endo scratch.

Is it better to do endo scratch on a fresh cycle? What's the cost of the endo scratch and when are we suppose to do it?
hi, for me, prior to this 4th fresh I did endo scratch with NUH, dr fong--the cost ard 1000+ including of consultations etc..but can claim medisave-$900..successful already now..but don't know if it is endo scratch hv to do with it but I supposed it's a combination of many factors like lowering my prolactin level and maybe my luck with this new clinic/doc..

huh..were u under GA? I did under GA for endo scratch..not pain..just a little bleeding after which is normal cos they scratch your lining to stimulate lining regrowth

Just went for my 1st scan for fet. Womb lining only 4.5mm. Gonna increase my progynova to 4 tablets a day and next scan is next tues~

Think i also have to eat more egg whites and red bean soup for the next few days...

@chrisl Thanks, I will just give it a try. When do we do the endo scratch? Because my next cycle is FET. I was just told to call the centre on my first day of AL and on 10th day to go for scanning, so there won't be any medication for me?

I've friends who are thin yet they are PCOS, and some with help of clomid, helped them conceived..now they are with healthy children. If your age is not a factor, maybe try with clomid/femara 1st and see? Cos ivf is still rather invasive ..hv to undergo lots of emotional and physical agony + not to mention more expensive than just clomid..
you're with NUH..then you're in good hands I must say :) Go for the scan next week and see what the doc advise..who is your doc may I ask?

I am with PC Wong :)
I see... so regardless slim or not, will get PCOS..
but I have regular cycle days so im not sure on this..
I suspected perhaps is my work nature caused me not to Ovulate on certain months..
Yes, I will see what he suggest and hope able to conceive..
I am 31 this yr so hope the chances of getting conceive is not as low as those under 30s..

U are with NUH too?

Just went for my 1st scan for fet. Womb lining only 4.5mm. Gonna increase my progynova to 4 tablets a day and next scan is next tues~

Think i also have to eat more egg whites and red bean soup for the next few days...

may I check what is the purpose of eating egg whites and red bean soup?

@chrisl Thanks, I will just give it a try. When do we do the endo scratch? Because my next cycle is FET. I was just told to call the centre on my first day of AL and on 10th day to go for scanning, so there won't be any medication for me?
I did on 2/sep, which was my cd14, then a few days later on cd18 started suppression stage with nor e(nuh)--short protocol-fresh cycle ...but for ur fet im not sure what ur doc will give u as medicine or when he proposed to do ur endo scratch ..some sisters here did on different days..

erm...actually got 2 types of fet, 1 natural fet whereby no drugs given ..they just monitor ur endo lining and ovulation day, then they will do embryo transfer. Another is medicated fet, whereby they will put u on medication such as progynova etc to build up endo lining and better control ur cycle and they will do transfer at the most optimal time..

Last edited:
I suspected perhaps is my work nature caused me not to Ovulate on certain months..
I am 31 this yr so hope the chances of getting conceive is not as low as those under 30s..
U are with NUH too?

actually having regular period does not mean one will ovulate every mth too..

yup! he helped me conceived my bbs last oct :) man of few words but very professional and experienced in this field :) must trust his judgment..but if u hv any doubts..always ask, he normally will try answering else if u r quiet, he will take it u no questions hehe

Mine will be the natural FET. Not sure how the doctor decided on my case. Yes, I thought medicated will be in better control. Now I can just wait and see how it goes. Whether the embbie survives the thaw is another factor, and I will only know it on ET day..

hi all.
curious to know what support meds are ppl put on after a frozen transfer?
wondering if crinone once a day is enuff..
mel..just saw ur post..
when I did my fet, I was put on progynova tried insert and oral (different fets) but crinone 2 times a day and/or progesterone pills inserts 3x a day ..ur once a day ur doc suggested? Can request for more not? cos some women naturally body produce little progesterone

actually having regular period does not mean one will ovulate every mth too..

yup! he helped me conceived my bbs last oct :) man of few words but very professional and experienced in this field :) must trust his judgment..but if u hv any doubts..always ask, he normally will try answering else if u r quiet, he will take it u no questions hehe

Ya, PC Wong told me some Ovulate mthly while some do not ovulate.. so he advised me to go back for scan next week to check whether I am ovulating.

u went thru IUI or IVF?
So u have twins? so nice...
are you comfortable to share with ur experience with me what made you need to do IUI / IVF?
if not u can pte me.. :)

Yes. my hubby like PC Wong too.. He said PC Wong has the assurance and confidence so he is comfortable with him..
I am glad im under good hands with PC Wong but what regretted is I should go n see him much earlier..
Hope this is not too late for me..

Ya, PC Wong told me some Ovulate mthly while some do not ovulate.. so he advised me to go back for scan next week to check whether I am ovulating.

u went thru IUI or IVF?
So u have twins? so nice...
are you comfortable to share with ur experience with me what made you need to do IUI / IVF?
if not u can pte me.. :)

Yes. my hubby like PC Wong too.. He said PC Wong has the assurance and confidence so he is comfortable with him..
I am glad im under good hands with PC Wong but what regretted is I should go n see him much earlier..
Hope this is not too late for me..

it's ok u can read my story here http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-icsi-support-group.2902/page-3630
I am 35 already but u r younger...dun think it is too late...nothing is too late if u try now dear..but if u wait till 50s then I would say that is late;)

huh..were u under GA? I did under GA for endo scratch..not pain..just a little bleeding after which is normal cos they scratch your lining to stimulate lining regrowth
Hi chrisl! No sedation.. Gosh I'm glad I survived haha... Okok glad to know mild bleeding is fine, I'm cleared now.. Did endo scratch helped you?

Hi chrisl! No sedation.. Gosh I'm glad I survived haha... Okok glad to know mild bleeding is fine, I'm cleared now.. Did endo scratch helped you?
I dunno if it alone helped me or with other things I tried..if u see my link above..but I am a rather spiritual person so I would like to say I was lead to where I am today by HIS grace..

Prices neg as really need to clear space...pm me

I have some extras to let go (inclusive of some foc unuse hpt sprinkled with twin bbdusts with purchase-1st come 1st served as limited numbers) + puregon pen in box foc
1) ocean health b-complex with vit c and CoQ10 60 tablets - Usual on webpage $40.90 (i'm letting go at $30neg) -expiry 06/2015
2) Kordel CoQ10 60mg- Usual on webpage $69.90 for 4 bottles (I'm letting go at $55neg for 3 bottles unopened + 1 bottle opened but taken only a few)- expiry end 2015
3) Crinone progesterone gel x 7sticks (i'm letting go at $10 per stick now--lowest I can go as elsewhere selling $12-15) - expiry 2016
4) Estrofem tablets 14 tablets (foc if u getting crinone together) - expiry 2016

note--Those doing fresh cycle with NUH would be paying $12+ per crinone and u would most likely be prescribed estrofem ..if interested pm me..(can meet at nuh/central too to save traveling costs)

it's ok u can read my story here http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-icsi-support-group.2902/page-3630
I am 35 already but u r younger...dun think it is too late...nothing is too late if u try now dear..but if u wait till 50s then I would say that is late;)

thanks for sharing.. I just finished reading quite a few pages.. eyes are getting tired..
read some inspiring stories too..

in the meantime I will just relax and go bk for my scan and see what doc advise..

I will stick in this thread too...

:)

U are with NUH too?
Hi rainbow! I have pcos but am acceptable weight. So doesnt mean pcos equals overweight. But if pcos normally the symptom is that ur ovaries will look like a bag of pearls on scan.

may I check what is the purpose of eating egg whites and red bean soup?
If I'm not wrong red bean soup is to increase lining because the uterus needs to be of a suitable thickness before the embryo is transplanted otherwise it may not implant. Egg whites is to prevent ohss after egg retrieval.

hmm I've just told not to have sex, no squatting, no heavy exercises, no raw or half cooked food like sashimi, sushi, half boiled eggs etc. I've taken some milos sometimes too

But I added some things to the list myself lah..like avoid extra spicy foods, not too much tofu etc..

I've actually keep a food diary thruout the years, if you girls like I can share with you girls what I ate during 2ww :)

hi, r u able to share. i am starting in march.

Hi moinie, hope you are resting well! How long is the ER? Did you experience any pain after that? I've to continue jabs for another 2 days. I'm so nervous about ER and ET.
I only felt giddy and nausea after ER, some bloatedness around lower abdomen and lost of appetite. Not much pain after the process just on and off cramping. All the best to you. I will be doing my ET tomorrow morning. ;)

Yah loh that nurse that day quite emo and grumbling a lot. Lol

During ER, immediately after the procedure I woke up and the nurse ask me to shift to the other bed myself.. I shifted and knock out immediately, the nurse ask me to move to centre of bed.. :confused: Dunno to laugh or cry..

Wah your pressure was very low leh.. Maybe you are more sensitive to the sedation. Must rest well! Prepare for your ET. :)
They asked you to shift yourself? :eek: I don't even aware that they moved me, completely knocked out. Which stage were you now?

Mine will be the natural FET. Not sure how the doctor decided on my case. Yes, I thought medicated will be in better control. Now I can just wait and see how it goes. Whether the embbie survives the thaw is another factor, and I will only know it on ET day..

@Sonique2001
I've succeeded on my natural FET instead of medicated.
Different bodies will respond to different treatments so may not be a bad thing.
Is your clinic doing vitrification for freezing?

Hi pinkfuchsia, 1st day no bleeding, i was worried that the scratch not done ! So i called kkh and ask, and they say it's normal. But day 2 onwards spot for a new days. Then period delayed for 2 days.

I started my fresh yday. I've been having headache, maybe from the gonal f.

What's yr status?

Hi rainbow! I have pcos but am acceptable weight. So doesnt mean pcos equals overweight. But if pcos normally the symptom is that ur ovaries will look like a bag of pearls on scan.

Hi mqiu, so did ur gynae put u on clomid to let u ovulate?
Somehow i suspected i didnt O last cycle due to my work..

I had ultrasound & scanning by sonographer but i dun even understand wat is wat from the screen.. but all i know i hv good egg reserve.. but sad is that hv small fibroids n cyst which is not an issue for me at the moment.. so keepin my fingers crossed i m able to ovulate this cycle n conceive naturally..

Hello all, I am very confused. My gynae said I will be on long protocol and start lucrin on D2 or D3 of my menses. I wonder did I hear wrongly??

If I'm not wrong red bean soup is to increase lining because the uterus needs to be of a suitable thickness before the embryo is transplanted otherwise it may not implant. Egg whites is to prevent ohss after egg retrieval.

Many thanks for the info.. perhaps i will need to tk note of that if im doin ivf..

IUI do not need to consume all these right?

Btw, sorry im noob on lining.. which cd or by how we will know whether our lining is at good measurement?

Back