(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

We're using the Joie stages seat now. That's convertible from newborn onwards. Something you might want to check out, maybe?

Your schedule sounds awesome! For us, we spend a much shorter time out.. My girl hates the stroller so I have to wear her. Ergonomic or now, it's still very tiring! Haha. We go out around lunch time cos I'll finish up the chores while she plays in the morning then back for afternoon nap. Then we go out again to the park or swim in the late aafternoon . Haven't done that recently though. By late afternoon, I'm deflated already (or overwhelmed by gastric gas!).

No my girl is the first grandchild on both sides. So my in laws are super overbearing.. My husband grew up apart from them so they are not really that close. And he hates that they just throw money at everything. I'm so poor now that I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing now. Hahahah. But then, that's not the type of upbringing we want for our kids so maybe them not helping is a blessing.

Thanks for the recommendation. I had a look at the Joie car seat specifications, indeed, I think can sit up to abt 2yo, definitely sounds better than maxi cosi. We are planning to get a bigger car, so let me see if the rear seats can take 2 normal childseats plus a slim adult. If not, Joie sounds like a good option :)

We love swimming too. So much so that we didn't wanna bring my girl to the kiddy pools, cos that would mean we don't to swim, lol... We started her swimming at 7 months, at the adults pool. Then, it was just floating in those fanciful floats. Next we got her into a ring float but her grip wasn't strong enough so we had to circle around her like a hawk. We realised that this behavior wasn't allowing us to swim with ease (gosh, gotta constantly monitor and entertain her in the pool), so she started swimming lesson last year. Then, a became history. Now we are able to swim with ease in the pool as she's much better at looking out for herself.

Thanks for sharing your insights and experiences. :) Not naggy, I find it very useful!
I am worried about bugs at infantcare too. So for me, I guess I will stay with baby at least for the first 6 months. Just that whether to go back to workforce after that.
It is also my wish to be a sahm, just that I am not sure if I can cope or whether we can cope with the finances. But I will think through carefully and take it step by step. :)
Agree that parenting is a lifetime of commitment and chaos! (and happiness!) :)

Indeed, sounds like you already have a good plan :) Take it a step at a time, only time can tell and will slowly review to us what path we should embark on next. It's a learning curve for all, keep the faith, persevere on, and importantly keep an open mind.

So far I've seen friends taking say, a year off work and then decided to continue with sahm path for longer period. Also have friends who gave up on sahm journey midway. All for various reasons but we'll soon be able to justify our decisions from our parenting experiences.

Don't look at it as a form of sacrifice. In fact, it's not a sacrifice anymore when life takes a turn for the better, and soon enough, strangely, it'll get much easier to priorities expenditures amongst other things cos things will just come naturally if the decision is right. To me, Happy Index is very important. The day I feel I'll be happier going off to work, will be the day I'll say bye bye to my sahm journey. So for now, I'm counting my blessings every day :)

Hi Vermont, where are some of the road trips in Malaysia you have been to? This year I am thinking of doing road trips instead of flying cos I don't really want to fly during pregnancy. I only thought of Legoland so far haha. And what kind of accomodation do you stay in on the road trips? Last time just me and hubby very easy to plan and I leave it to him cos we go on bike. I only select the hotel. But with a kid need to think about food places too....
Thanks!

Besides road trips, for preggies, cruise is another option. So far, we haven't done this yet, looking forward.

Road trips in msia, so far we like Genting most bcos of the climate. My girl has been there about 4 times since, we'll visit the strawberry farm, lavender farm, mushroom farm, etc. Chin Swee temple is 1 of our favourites, lots to see and explore, not to mention the breathtaking views of the mountain ranges. We normally dine at Gohtong Jaya, mid way up Genting, it's a rare treat to enjoy yummy seafood zhi char and at the same time not break a sweat or burn a big hole in the wallet. The climate is good, usually in the 20s. Most recent trip, we went up the cable car, she was so thrilled by the new experience. Thrills and lotsa fears I must say :)

Other than Genting, we do staycations at Nusajaya quite a fair bit too. We would stay at the hotels in Bukit Indah and Taman Sutera. They are about half an hour drive east of JB, nearer to Legoland, closer to Tuas causeway. We would typically visit the Legoland hotel (free Lego play at the lobby), swim at Traders Hotel (the view from the infinity pool is gorgeous, overseeing the vast sea and greens ahead), visit the very hipped cafe scene at taman sutera (we love this place, it's a network of middle up market eateries), have seafood dinner at the seaside (Taman Perling, kelong scene, the sunset is beautiful). We also this cafe, serves very good coffee and at the same time has free indoor playground. Shopping malls are usually our last priority but a must-go too. Oh, you can visit the Puteri Harbour, it's akin to our Quayside Isle (Sentosa Cove), 15 mins drive south of Legoland, will get to see the yacht and enjoy a bit of a walk there. I think not all the F&B are quite up and running yet. Hello Kitty land is there but so far we have not been to any theme parks, cos my girl is still quite young and we prefer to take it slow and quiet. When she gets older, then I suppose we don't a choice lol... And finally, when my girl zzz at night, we'll take turns to go massage.

We like Nusajaya cos it's much safer than JB, that's where our Singaporeans and expats bought their properties. There are lotsa decent good eateries there so it's perfectly fine for little kids, many are better than Singapore standards yet at a fraction of the costs. It's rather refreshing trying new eateries everytime.

You can also do staycation at KSL hotel, there's a theme park up there, more of a waterpark. It's in JB...we don't really like this JB venue so we haven't gone there yet.

Outside Johor, we recently went malacca and visited the waterfall at Mt Ophir. If your kid/s are older, they will enjoy the 45 mins climb and ultimately the waterfall scene. My hubby baby-carrier my girl up (steep climb), and he was all pale looking when we reached the waterfall heee...good exercise.

Another venue we like is Port Dickson. The water chalets are a gem. Our favourite is the AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, just a bit north of Port Dickson. It's a uk magazine award winning resort, the water chalets are ace and views from pool will leave you speechless. Visitors are mostly ang mos, tourists from overseas and Chinese, so the surroundings are well maintained. Another nice water chalet (cheaper) is Avillion, quite popular amongst the locals, I feel that this one will be more interesting for the kids as there is a small pet farm in the resort. But the condition of the water chalet is less ideal but still, I feel it's good enough. It's also quite fun to explore port Dickson town, try out the street eats, visit the cheap shophouses etc.

So far my girl has been to all these, I feel they are quite doable with kids as we take it slow since kids are so unpredictable.

Friends have suggested Desaru, also the uk farm. We may try these some time.

Hope I've managed to give you some ideas :)

I'm a SAHM too. I took sabbatical leave for a year after my maternity & was due to return to work force this month. Was contemplating whether to return to work force bcoz I really enjoyed my time at hm with my daughter. But god has a better plan for us, found out I conceived again in Dec, hence, a legitimate reason to resign. Hehe

Bcoz I'm not working, I typically let my daughter plays & sleeps any time she wants (this is very wrong I know). Now my 21mth old sleeps at 12am, wakes up at 12pm! I never bother to correct her schedule as I'm also a late sleeper. But I'm beginning to feel jittery now coz she's starting half day child care next mth. I think she'll be indefinitely late for school if this continues.

I bring her out everyday too. Usually after she wakes up, we head out for lunch & then buy some stuffs for dinner. On the way hm, she'll nap in the car & I have to tactfully carry her up from the car to home so tt she remains asleep & I have some time to whip up dinner. I will miss these exclusive moments spent with her. Maybe can organise a meeting for the SAHMs in this thread? Haha

Nice routine, that's the perks of being sahm. They can sleep in as much as they like :) Means on days u wanna sleep in, can just go ahead with it, join the zzz monster :)

Very true, I prefer to bring her out than staying home. Kids have active minds and bodies, keeping them at home too much is a recipe for disaster.

Will she be attending school before no.2 comes along?

Seriously I don't quite like my girl attending full day schooling 5 days a week. I would feel that I've lost touch with her and not there enough to guide her along. As she only goes to school abt 3 days a week (up to 5pm), there was this short period I wanted to try 5 days. Her behavior regressed as a result, I guess cos I didn't spend enough time to nag at her lol...but it's very heartwarming to see how much they can learn in school.

Right now, I sit in with her twice a week during her enrichment class, and I really like that - seeing how she's grown and learning along. But I gotta stop after this term as my stamina is dwindling fast. I know I will miss the days of going to classes with her and learning together :)

What do u do with your child betw lunch and dinner?

Recently (before preggy) we have been going to Sports hub a fair bit. I like the rooftop playground a lot. The library is also quite cool, the beach volleyball area and walks along the bay, etc. just let my girl roam around freely.

Took the harmony test on 20jan..

Tis morning I woke up to go toilet, saw 4 missed call from clinic.. I like so gan chiong...

Call back.. Then nurse say 'yesterday u call to ask us abt the result, today call u so many times u nv answer... '

Anyway she say result is normal... This sentence wake me up liao... :D

Big Congrats!!! May I know how long does it take fr scan day to results?

Hmm... Maybe eat abit nvm? I think really depends on your comfort level.. certain things I also got eat abit but I try to make the source is okie. :)

Hi 5! Me too leh! Big hugs to you! I also been tabao-ing and I cant stomach fish and dark greens (or most greens) so my husband has been nagging me. But really no choice. I guess for now, we can only just try to take whatever our stomach can accept, rather than starving.
^5!!
i used to love green leafy veg.. nowadays my favourite is fishball mee wif lots of chilli. Got vinegar will be best. But heard preg cannot take vinegar. I dunno y. my taste bud more to the saltish side.

u r rite. What your tummy can accept, juz eat. dun go hungry.

Tis morning I woke up to go toilet, saw 4 missed call from clinic.. I like so gan chiong...

Call back.. Then nurse say 'yesterday u call to ask us abt the result, today call u so many times u nv answer... '

Haha! The nurse so bad.. suan u.
good tat your results r fine! ☺
i m gg for my oscar next monday. cant wait to see my bb n listen to the heartbeat.

Actually i hv a feeling result will come back thursday or friday..

But yesterday i was alone at home so i thinking maybe tey have the result alrdy but busy to call me..

So i call them instead.. Hehe..

Haha! The nurse so bad.. suan u.
good tat your results r fine! ☺
i m gg for my oscar next monday. cant wait to see my bb n listen to the heartbeat.

Besides road trips, for preggies, cruise is another option. So far, we haven't done this yet, looking forward.

Road trips in msia, so far we like Genting most bcos of the climate. My girl has been there about 4 times since, we'll visit the strawberry farm, lavender farm, mushroom farm, etc. Chin Swee temple is 1 of our favourites, lots to see and explore, not to mention the breathtaking views of the mountain ranges. We normally dine at Gohtong Jaya, mid way up Genting, it's a rare treat to enjoy yummy seafood zhi char and at the same time not break a sweat or burn a big hole in the wallet. The climate is good, usually in the 20s. Most recent trip, we went up the cable car, she was so thrilled by the new experience. Thrills and lotsa fears I must say :)

Other than Genting, we do staycations at Nusajaya quite a fair bit too. We would stay at the hotels in Bukit Indah and Taman Sutera. They are about half an hour drive east of JB, nearer to Legoland, closer to Tuas causeway. We would typically visit the Legoland hotel (free Lego play at the lobby), swim at Traders Hotel (the view from the infinity pool is gorgeous, overseeing the vast sea and greens ahead), visit the very hipped cafe scene at taman sutera (we love this place, it's a network of middle up market eateries), have seafood dinner at the seaside (Taman Perling, kelong scene, the sunset is beautiful). We also this cafe, serves very good coffee and at the same time has free indoor playground. Shopping malls are usually our last priority but a must-go too. Oh, you can visit the Puteri Harbour, it's akin to our Quayside Isle (Sentosa Cove), 15 mins drive south of Legoland, will get to see the yacht and enjoy a bit of a walk there. I think not all the F&B are quite up and running yet. Hello Kitty land is there but so far we have not been to any theme parks, cos my girl is still quite young and we prefer to take it slow and quiet. When she gets older, then I suppose we don't a choice lol... And finally, when my girl zzz at night, we'll take turns to go massage.

We like Nusajaya cos it's much safer than JB, that's where our Singaporeans and expats bought their properties. There are lotsa decent good eateries there so it's perfectly fine for little kids, many are better than Singapore standards yet at a fraction of the costs. It's rather refreshing trying new eateries everytime.

You can also do staycation at KSL hotel, there's a theme park up there, more of a waterpark. It's in JB...we don't really like this JB venue so we haven't gone there yet.

Outside Johor, we recently went malacca and visited the waterfall at Mt Ophir. If your kid/s are older, they will enjoy the 45 mins climb and ultimately the waterfall scene. My hubby baby-carrier my girl up (steep climb), and he was all pale looking when we reached the waterfall heee...good exercise.

Another venue we like is Port Dickson. The water chalets are a gem. Our favourite is the AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, just a bit north of Port Dickson. It's a uk magazine award winning resort, the water chalets are ace and views from pool will leave you speechless. Visitors are mostly ang mos, tourists from overseas and Chinese, so the surroundings are well maintained. Another nice water chalet (cheaper) is Avillion, quite popular amongst the locals, I feel that this one will be more interesting for the kids as there is a small pet farm in the resort. But the condition of the water chalet is less ideal but still, I feel it's good enough. It's also quite fun to explore port Dickson town, try out the street eats, visit the cheap shophouses etc.

So far my girl has been to all these, I feel they are quite doable with kids as we take it slow since kids are so unpredictable.

Wow! Thanks for sharing!
I wan to go melacca, genting n port dickson.. but the number of hrs driving there made me think twice.

Wan to go short trip so badly.. initially wan to go bkk. But thinking to save the money for my no pay leave.

Wow! Thanks for sharing!
I wan to go melacca, genting n port dickson.. but the number of hrs driving there made me think twice.

Wan to go short trip so badly.. initially wan to go bkk. But thinking to save the money for my no pay leave.

BKK nice too. I've not been for eons cos unsure how suitable it is for little kids. But these days, I see more n more frens bringing their LOs to bkk, looks like it's starting to become a more child-friendly venue.

Genting not advisable now ba...my hubby will normally chiong 140km/hr, then will take us about 6.5hrs to get there, door to door. Now preggy, don't think the back can take it.

Thanks for sharing. The Avani resort sounds nice. You are right about Avillion. I went therr once and not too well maintained.
The ideas are great. I can incorporate some into our Legoland trip. Originally i was thinking of just a one night trip but looks like two nights makes more sense. Can take things at a leisurely pace and eat some fresh yummy seafood.
Thanks!

Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Maybe try the shortest road trip first and see how it goes? I think malacca is still feasible. The drive is still bearable but will need toilet breaks for sure.
Planning trips is always fun!

^5!!
i used to love green leafy veg.. nowadays my favourite is fishball mee wif lots of chilli. Got vinegar will be best. But heard preg cannot take vinegar. I dunno y. my taste bud more to the saltish side.

u r rite. What your tummy can accept, juz eat. dun go hungry.

Maybe you take abit of vinegar but don't take too much? moderation very important. I think our tastebud really change a lot... I all along prefer salty food and nowadays all my tastebud can taste is sweet. So sad. :(

Yah lo.. why the nurse like that said you.
The other day, I was also sleeping, when I woke up, for 2 missed calls from clinic then I also worried but the nurse was very nice. Heng ah. LOL.

Thanks for sharing. The Avani resort sounds nice. You are right about Avillion. I went therr once and not too well maintained.
The ideas are great. I can incorporate some into our Legoland trip. Originally i was thinking of just a one night trip but looks like two nights makes more sense. Can take things at a leisurely pace and eat some fresh yummy seafood.
Thanks!

Yes, we usually do 3d2n trips at nusajaya. Read bloggers review and try out new places. Have fun :)

Maybe try the shortest road trip first and see how it goes? I think malacca is still feasible. The drive is still bearable but will need toilet breaks for sure.

Yes, the beaches at malacca is nice. It's mainly reclaimed land and finally the tress are up, so quite shady now. There are also quite a few mobile Malay stores at the beach selling food now :) They have also set up tables and chairs but not crazy scene. So far the beaches are not populated yet, so it's good time to enjoy the peace and tranquility while it lasts.

Thanks for your sharing. Sounds like cervical insufficient, understand that cerclage procedure may help, has your gynae suggested this? 1 of my gf has this condition too and successfully delivered her child few days short of full term, which is remarkable.

Do keep us posted and continue sharing :)

The Doctors from the ward and clinic only say either wait and see or proceed with the procedure. when i ask about stitching the cervix, they dun even recommend that.
Kinda make me feel that i have no other options than to wait for the miscarriage to happen. Dun know is it because we are subsidised patient or what.
In any case, her appointment is with doc Han at kkh on monday. will see how will it develops.

she wasnt rude lah i guess..

Her tone of voice was still jovial.. Just tat she must have felt 'since u so gan chiong to call in yesterday, shouldnt u be like answering the phone within 5 rings seeing it is from us?' ..

Hahaha

Yah lo.. why the nurse like that said you.
The other day, I was also sleeping, when I woke up, for 2 missed calls from clinic then I also worried but the nurse was very nice. Heng ah. LOL.

Last edited:
Anyway mtbs.. Have a question here..

Every evening i felt my tummy like bigger than compared to the morning when i wake up..

Before i sleep i look into the mirror, i can see a small bump..

But when i wake up it is like 'flat' ..

Makes me feel :confused:

The Doctors from the ward and clinic only say either wait and see or proceed with the procedure. when i ask about stitching the cervix, they dun even recommend that.
Kinda make me feel that i have no other options than to wait for the miscarriage to happen. Dun know is it because we are subsidised patient or what.
In any case, her appointment is with doc Han at kkh on monday. will see how will it develops.
Is it Dr Han How Chuan?

I see. Perhaps have to press them for an answer re stitching on Monday, they should be able to advice on the pros and cons. Don't be disheartened, miscarriage may not be on the cards. Depending on the severity, chance of pre term is higher but if stitching is done, very high chance will be able to carry to full term. My gf couldn't carry to full term cos she has preggy hypertension too and blood pressure was getting too high by the time she was in her late 3rd tri, so gynae decided to not wait for full term n went ahead to c sec.

With her second pregnancy, she went for the stitching at the early stage. So it's something you can take note of.

If they still can't provide satisfactory answers on Monday (and if suspicion is that b'cos she is a subsidized patient), then u may like to admit your wife as private patient in another hospital, hopefully can get stitching done there asap. After that, you can still go back to kkh as subsidized patient for her regular check ups. Just a thought. Let's see if others here have any ideas too.

Hang in there and keep the faith.

Every evening i felt my tummy like bigger than compared to the morning when i wake up..

heee I think the bigger tummy is gas besides our undigested meals. We get more bloated than usual. I have the same 'bump' and 'flat' issue too :)

I think it is normal.
Mine only is morning big, evening bigger lo.
LOL. A lot is gas and food. Not likely the baby yet but our uterus is definitely growing bigger and moving up to be an abdominal organ. :)

@conybrown, I kind of support Vermont's view too. If you feel they are not helping much, due to whatever reasons, consider seeking a private/2nd gynae's opinion. At least pull through this period first then consider which route (private/kkh/etc) you want to take.

I have a friend... she probably lost her baby somewhere in early 2nd tri or something, think due to weak cervix too and she was very upset that why her gynae never suggested stitching, which could have make a difference.

I always believe that if one has a normal smooth pregnancy, then usually whichever gynae is fine. But some of us may have a bumpier start and would probably need someone more experienced to lend a helping hand to tide through the difficult moments. The end result can be very different when placed in two different individual's hands. In any case, I really hope to see you and your wife make it. I hope for you that you guys will get all the help you need to bring your LO to this earth. Jia you!

BKK nice too. I've not been for eons cos unsure how suitable it is for little kids. But these days, I see more n more frens bringing their LOs to bkk, looks like it's starting to become a more child-friendly venue.

Genting not advisable now ba...my hubby will normally chiong 140km/hr, then will take us about 6.5hrs to get there, door to door. Now preggy, don't think the back can take it.
Ya. i also saw many ppl bringing their little children to bkk. Quite a lot of fun places for them to visit. for me, it's more of the cheap food and stuff. Haha! Can be queen there. Miss the thai green curry. Drooling.

hubby will complain abt driving long distance. Coz he will be the one to drive. I wont take over, i dun think i can make it. Scare to drive in msia. now planning on where else we can go for short n cheap trip before bb comes along. Next time family of 4 go holiday will be v shiong...

Hi all MTBs, im new here and so glad to find this thread. Im in my 11th weeks and EDD at 20th Aug!! So happy to see my little beanie hands and legs this afternoon at the scan... so excited :) Next wed gonna go for Oscar test, nurse asked me to prepare at least 400plus 500 for the bill. OMG.. seems like compare to others mentioned above, mine is quite expensive. :eek:

she wast rude lah i guess..

Her tone of voice was still jovial.. Just tat she must have felt 'since u so gan chiong to call in yesterday, should u be like answering the phone within 5 rings seeing it is from us?' ..

Hahaha
Is it that Aunty always at the reception? Aiya she's like that one, very "Aunty" conversations. The first time I made appt with her she also said "Huh u have fever still want to come at 2pm, think u better come at 11am. U not gan chiong meh?". I was initially not worried until she said that. Haha...

Anw congrats on ur good results! Perhaps don't have to do genetic scan since ur results are ideal. Do they also disclose the gender?

wa! Did he get a scolding from u? Hehe.
I crave for luncheon meat, hotdog, iced lemon tea... yesterday saw someone eating luncheon meat bun.. the smell really made me drool.. so tempted to juz get a little bit to eat.. but cannot right?
Oops I ate so much luncheon meat in the last few weeks, they just appear everywhere no matter where I am...

Same here.. I cook porridge yesterday.. Pan fried a few slices of luncheon meat..

Today i cook luncheon meat fried rice..

My hubby was saying 'dun eat too much canned food, all preservatives inside' ..

Then he ask me how many cans of luncheon we left.. I say 4.. He :eek:

Oops I ate so much luncheon meat in the last few weeks, they just appear everywhere no matter where I am...

i still not sure if harmony test & genetic scan will come back same result?

Cos to me i felt genetic scan is to see the organs mah. To see if they are in place. But harmony test is more to test for abnormalities in blood...

Yes harmony test give me the gender as well. Is team blue.

Is it that Aunty always at the reception? Aiya she's like that one, very "Aunty" conversations. The first time I made appt with her she also said "Huh u have fever still want to come at 2pm, think u better come at 11am. U not gan chiong meh?". I was initially not worried until she said that. Haha...

Anw congrats on ur good results! Perhaps don't have to do genetic scan since ur results are ideal. Do they also disclose the gender?

Nice routine, that's the perks of being sahm. They can sleep in as much as they like :) Means on days u wanna sleep in, can just go ahead with it, join the zzz monster :)

Very true, I prefer to bring her out than staying home. Kids have active minds and bodies, keeping them at home too much is a recipe for disaster.

Will she be attending school before no.2 comes along?

Seriously I don't quite like my girl attending full day schooling 5 days a week. I would feel that I've lost touch with her and not there enough to guide her along. As she only goes to school abt 3 days a week (up to 5pm), there was this short period I wanted to try 5 days. Her behavior regressed as a result, I guess cos I didn't spend enough time to nag at her lol...but it's very heartwarming to see how much they can learn in school.

Right now, I sit in with her twice a week during her enrichment class, and I really like that - seeing how she's grown and learning along. But I gotta stop after this term as my stamina is dwindling fast. I know I will miss the days of going to classes with her and learning together :)

What do u do with your child betw lunch and dinner?

Recently (before preggy) we have been going to Sports hub a fair bit. I like the rooftop playground a lot. The library is also quite cool, the beach volleyball area and walks along the bay, etc. just let my girl roam around freely.
In the afternoon usually I'll bring her to run some errands, go shopping or indoor playgrounds. The one that I always go is near my place, at Delta Swimming Complex. Highly recommended bcoz there are very little kids & many times she's the only one there. The playground is suitable for toddlers so those very adventurous elder kids won't enjoy there (which is gd bcoz won't clash). And it's reasonable too, $12 for unlimited play.

I always go sports hub too! My hubby works at OCBC Aquatic Centre so sometimes I'll bring my girl there to meet him for dinner. Love the space & it's really windy. Moreover it's free & not crowded. Maybe we'll bump into each other one day.

She's starting child care next mth. 3X a week, half day session. Likewise, am not keen to put her full day as she's been with me since birth & I think
I'm the one with separation anxiety. Will be getting a maid before I deliver coz it's really impossible to handle 2 kids at the same time. How abt u?

hubby will complain abt driving long distance. Coz he will be the one to drive. I wont take over, i dun think i can make it. Scare to drive in msia. now planning on where else we can go for short n cheap trip before bb comes along. Next time family of 4 go holiday will be v shiong...

Yes very true, so many people says 1 child is Easy, but 2 is a completely different story :(

With my no.1 we took the opportunity to fly for 'free' before she turns 2, but I seriously doubt we will do the same with 2 little kids. Let's see...

Same here.. I cook porridge yesterday.. Pan fried a few slices of luncheon meat..

Today i cook luncheon meat fried rice..

My hubby was saying 'dun eat too much canned food, all preservatives inside' ..

Then he ask me how many cans of luncheon we left.. I say 4.. He :eek:
Y u have so many cans of luncheon?

i still not sure if harmony test & genetic scan will come back same result?

Cos to me i felt genetic scan is to see the organs mah. To see if they are in place. But harmony test is more to test for abnormalities in blood...

Yes harmony test give me the gender as well. Is team blue.
Oh. U know the gender already?

In the afternoon usually I'll bring her to run some errands, go shopping or indoor playgrounds. The one that I always go is near my place, at Delta Swimming Complex. Highly recommended bcoz there are very little kids & many times she's the only one there. The playground is suitable for toddlers so those very adventurous elder kids won't enjoy there (which is gd bcoz won't clash). And it's reasonable too, $12 for unlimited play.

I always go sports hub too! My hubby works at OCBC Aquatic Centre so sometimes I'll bring my girl there to meet him for dinner. Love the space & it's really windy. Moreover it's free & not crowded. Maybe we'll bump into each other one day.

She's starting child care next mth. 3X a week, half day session. Likewise, am not keen to put her full day as she's been with me since birth & I think
I'm the one with separation anxiety. Will be getting a maid before I deliver coz it's really impossible to handle 2 kids at the same time. How abt u?

$12 unlimited play is very good. At 1 stage I bought the Polliwogs pass, works out to be abt $9.50 per visit. After that, I started checking out the foc malls playground, those are quite fun too, less exercise for me compared to polliwogs alikes indoor playgrounds lol... lotsa crawling around for mummies at these places :(

Sports Hub is a real gem right? At times, will bring the scooter there and let her roam too. Hubby and I were seriously contemplating getting adult scooters then I got pregnant. Hope will get to scooter with my girl 1 day.

Perhaps we could meet up when this xyz ms goes away. Right now, I will feel xinku even just going to school to fetch my girl.

Back