(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

My bump @ 24 weeks is like ballooning these past few weeks, belly getting so round and skin feeling so tight. Omg.

I visited my gynae yesterday and on 24wks baby weight is 545gr, he also said it's normal. My tummy bump looked like i'm fat not pregnant,that's why nobody offer a seat for me in the bus hahaha. Do not too worry too much for baby weight as long Doctor say it's healthy is good enough for our peace of mind.
@Vinka, looks like your baby tiny size than mine. hahaha..... I am at week 27 now.... omg, almost entering my 3rd trimester. Think my bump quite obvious now and I found a lot of type of people. Some were kind, just give me seat once see me enter the train. Some were so so, looking me for a few stations then reluctantly stand up give me seat. Some just act blur, keep eyes closed, did not see me at all or busy playing with handphone. :D

I visited my gynae yesterday and on 24wks baby weight is 545gr, he also said it's normal. My tummy bump looked like i'm fat not pregnant,that's why nobody offer a seat for me in the bus hahaha. Do not too worry too much for baby weight as long Doctor say it's healthy is good enough for our peace of mind.

I m now 26 weeks. My last appointment was closed to 25 weeks and my baby weight is 650g. Gynea said is a bit on the small size, which made me worry for a while. After reading your post, it seem to me that my baby weight is ok :)

I remember my gynae had to scan the tummy area and save the picture, den scan the head area..den he ask me combine to see the full size...once hit 3rd tri abit hard to have full view on the screen when bb curls up...

I think the chart is just a rough guide and in the end, all depends on both parents genes.

Normally, my gynea will indicate what she is measuring, whether its the head or tummy. I also kepo2 and then go home and analyze the measurement myself. Hehhehhe. .

Hello everyone. I am going for my next check up on Monday. Week 23 now and realized my tummy suddenly expanded over these 2 weeks. Skin is so tight. Wonder how much weight baby has put one.....

Any recommendations for baby shower and shampoo? Pigeon 2-in-1? Do I need to get baby lotion or powder if I'm doing cloth diapering?

I think for cloth diapering, we don't have to put anything on the baby's bum. Coz the residue from the cream will reduce the the absorbency.

Hello everyone. I am going for my next check up on Monday. Week 23 now and realized my tummy suddenly expanded over these 2 weeks. Skin is so tight. Wonder how much weight baby has put one.....

Any recommendations for baby shower and shampoo? Pigeon 2-in-1? Do I need to get baby lotion or powder if I'm doing cloth diapering?

Best not to apply powder on baby. Moisturizer is gd enuff, for bum i agree wit Narizah dont put if use cloth diaper. Unless rash or redness den use barrier cream...
I using Sudzy from amway cos its soap free, got many brands u can try. My kids have sensitive skin so no choice i chose soap-free. Tried mustela 2in1 before, too pricey .... Lol.

Anyone did glucose test already or going to do it soon? Im doing mine next week... still gotta "fast" :( haiz duno can tahan e hunger anot plus still must draw blood out, think liao very giddy.. omg!

Anyone did glucose test already or going to do it soon? Im doing mine next week... still gotta "fast" :( haiz duno can tahan e hunger anot plus still must draw blood out, think liao very giddy.. omg!
I am doing the test on monday. Have to report to clinic at 830am pengsan so early....

What I heard abt the glucose test, whatever u do, dont vomit a single thing out. Coz if u do, got to re do all over again and it can be yucky.
So far my gynae has yet to mention anything abt the glucose test. My next appt will be on the 7th feb and I'll be almost 31 weeks. And I reckon, with my age, cfm have to take the test. Not looking forward to it

What I heard abt the glucose test, whatever u do, dont vomit a single thing out. Coz if u do, got to re do all over again and it can be yucky.
So far my gynae has yet to mention anything abt the glucose test. My next appt will be on the 7th feb and I'll be almost 31 weeks. And I reckon, with my age, cfm have to take the test. Not looking forward to it
Oh dear... yeah he also mentioned cos my age so better do it :(

@nazriah, I thought the glucose test cannot be done if you are over 31 weeks. Coz last time my gynae ask me to do glucose test earlier before I reach 29 weeks.

My gynae says usually no need to do glucose test because every appointment we pee on the pee stick if the levels are ok, then is ok. Unless 3 consecutive times our levels are not ok on the pee stick then he will order glucose test. However, for natural vaginal birth, dunno 30+ which week have to do a swap test to eliminate GBS..

I will have my glucose test on the 17 Feb cause I told the doctor I would want it before CNY if not, it will be very very high after all the CNY goodies.

Doctor told me because of diabetes history on my grandmum so it will be good to do the test to ensure that you are ok during pregnancy.

@nazriah, I thought the glucose test cannot be done if you are over 31 weeks. Coz last time my gynae ask me to do glucose test earlier before I reach 29 weeks.

Ohhhh really... I thot I read somewhere mummies doing after week 30. If like that than good news for me lah. Hehehhe... the thot of drinking super sweet glucose drink really irks me.

Maybe like what others say abt the monthly urine check if seems normal than good lah.

Hey mommies hows everyone?? Trying to settle as much work as possible before my phuket trip next wk so didnt log in here as much. Hope everyone is fine!

Yikes i dont remember this glucose test leh, dont tink i went thru it before. So its bcos of family history and if urine test dun pass then have to take? All the best to those who have to go through it!

Been packing up my #1's pretty dresses and very pink rompers to give away. Feel so sad! When I passed those stuff to my fren, he said dat one of his fren's scan was wrong and instead of a boy, the baby turned out to be a girl. (Or vice versa, forgot) Lolol.

Im discovering varicose veins in my calves which were not there before. Oh no. Will go away after pregnancy or not huh?? Dont have while preggy with #1 :(

Ohhhh really... I thot I read somewhere mummies doing after week 30. If like that than good news for me lah. Hehehhe... the thot of drinking super sweet glucose drink really irks me.

Maybe like what others say abt the monthly urine check if seems normal than good lah.
so good, no need to do glucose test. My gynae asked me to do it after asking if my family has diabetes, then I told my gynae that my grandma has one. sobs....... hopefully everything will be ok. I rarely eat sweets and do not like sweet, dunno how I will endure during the test though.....:(

My urine pee sticks are ok everytime i go for visits, so i guess its individual gynae peeference to do or not ba n plus dey look at our age. I googled online n it says that its a routine check in every pregnancies.

so good, no need to do glucose test. My gynae asked me to do it after asking if my family has diabetes, then I told my gynae that my grandma has one. sobs....... hopefully everything will be ok. I rarely eat sweets and do not like sweet, dunno how I will endure during the test though.....:(

My Gynae also didn't ask me to do glucose test and my next appointment will be on next 2 months.
A bit too long but gynae said 2 months then i just follow...haha

My SIL didnt have to do it for her previous pregnancies, but for her last one since she was 37, she had to do it. I read somewhere also that normally pregnant above 30 or 35 have to do the test. That's why I was kinda anticipated that I had to do also. And my late grandmother had diabetes as well, but so far gynae never ask before leh.

Just pray that I am those who no need to go for the test... I really cant tahan sweet stuffs especially drinks. Only ice cream is my indulgence for sweet stuffs.

I'm going for my glucose test tmrw! Hope I can pass it! The thot of not being able to drink water for a long 9 hours.. plus that yucky orange drink just irks me.. but gynae ordered the test cos said I'm over 35 yo, so no choice.. All the best to all mummies who need to go thru this test too!

I'm going for my glucose test tmrw! Hope I can pass it! The thot of not being able to drink water for a long 9 hours.. plus that yucky orange drink just irks me.. but gynae ordered the test cos said I'm over 35 yo, so no choice.. All the best to all mummies who need to go thru this test too!
I tot still can drink plain water leh.....did ur gynae said cannot even drink plain water meh?

Hope u go thru the test! Just sleep and not think abt drinking!
Jia you!

Can drink sips of water if thirsty during the fasting time... The glucose water i had in tmc was in a bottle, to me was quite big la....abit hard to finish..my test aso next week, got family history so had to do. Is not compulsory...

Hey all. I took the glucose test at my 25th week. As my dad has diabetes, my gynae ordered one for me just for peace of mind. At kkh, it's not a concentrated orangey drink but a room-temp cup of sugar water. Not concentrated but not very diluted also. Didn't have a problem chugging down 3/4 of the cup. The last 1/4... was a challenge. So I cheated and put in tissue to absorb the rest hahahaha. Childish, I know. So anyway, everything's a-ok! Except that she's still concerned about my low placenta. I don't know what can be done to move the placenta up though....

The other day I had craving for mee goreng but forgot to say non-spicy..turns out to be really spicy! I was really hungry and ate it anyway, and had root beer to curb the spiciness. Oh my...the combi made my bb boy kick furiously for the 1st time lol

Since then, I've been eating mild stuff and he's not "protesting" like that time. but it was really funny to see him react like that! Lol

Hey all. I took the glucose test at my 25th week. As my dad has diabetes, my gynae ordered one for me just for peace of mind. At kkh, it's not a concentrated orangey drink but a room-temp cup of sugar water. Not concentrated but not very diluted also. Didn't have a problem chugging down 3/4 of the cup. The last 1/4... was a challenge. So I cheated and put in tissue to absorb the rest hahahaha. Childish, I know. So anyway, everything's a-ok! Except that she's still concerned about my low placenta. I don't know what can be done to move the placenta up though....
So whats e procedure like? U reach thEre, draw one tube of blood then drink e glucose water, wait an hour then draw blood again isit? And isit during your usual gynae visit, she scan n saw e placenta still low? Cos mine is low too.

The other day I had craving for mee goreng but forgot to say non-spicy..turns out to be really spicy! I was really hungry and ate it anyway, and had root beer to curb the spiciness. Oh my...the combi made my bb boy kick furiously for the 1st time lol

Since then, I've been eating mild stuff and he's not "protesting" like that time. but it was really funny to see him react like that! Lol
that's so cool. i tried eating thai food last week but got no such interesting response from baby.
instead my stomach grumbled. too spicy i guess and i had diarrhea. haha.

hahaha....that's so cute!!

that's so cool. i tried eating thai food last week but got no such interesting response from baby.
instead my stomach grumbled. too spicy i guess and i had diarrhea. haha.

I guess have to try and error! I've been curbing myself on spicy food since preggie, so maybe he really don't like. I read that bb will hiccup sometimes if they taste spicy stuff especially after week 21.

Oe maybe it was the root beer that made him very happy coz he always react when I drink soft drink / eat chocs or drink my Dumex milk.

So whats e procedure like? U reach thEre, draw one tube of blood then drink e glucose water, wait an hour then draw blood again isit? And isit during your usual gynae visit, she scan n saw e placenta still low? Cos mine is low too.

Yes. Reach there, nurse draw blood then drink then wait for 2h then draw blood again. My gynae appt was same day so I got my results from her. And yes, she did the scan herself. She's been monitoring my placenta for a few visits already. Each time, she commented still low.

I guess have to try and error! I've been curbing myself on spicy food since preggie, so maybe he really don't like. I read that bb will hiccup sometimes if they taste spicy stuff especially after week 21.

Oe maybe it was the root beer that made him very happy coz he always react when I drink soft drink / eat chocs or drink my Dumex milk.
haha. very cute. guess he prefers sweet food. mine no reaction to food. only kicks when baby feels hungry i guess, stops when i start eating.
Yes. Reach there, nurse draw blood then drink then wait for 2h then draw blood again. My gynae appt was same day so I got my results from her. And yes, she did the scan herself. She's been monitoring my placenta for a few visits already. Each time, she commented still low.
mine is low too. but was only known after the detailed scan. i guess i can ask my gynae my next visit to check if it's still low so i dont have to keep wondering until the growth scan in week 30.

@isenggirl, try avoid to eat salty food e.g: potato chips, etc. Coz preggy have retention water, so must avoid all salty things.
Thanks.. i elevate my leg when sleeping ytd. This morning was much better but still not as comfortable. then afternoon my feet slightly swollen again :( now feeling pain whole thigh and legs. Omg.. seems nobody here encounter the same problem?

Thanks.. i elevate my leg when sleeping ytd. This morning was much better but still not as comfortable. then afternoon my feet slightly swollen again :( now feeling pain whole thigh and legs. Omg.. seems nobody here encounter the same problem?

Like what mylilsheep says,avoid sodium. Drink more water to flush out the fluids in the tissues that causes water retention.

I had swollen feet for a day 2wks back. Then I drink much more than I used to and swim twice a week to help water retention. So far,(touch wood),it havent came back yet.

My glucose test is on 26th Feb. but I blur enough to fast on 25th Jan and went to hospital in 26th Feb 8am! Nurse told me no appointment for me, I said how come? She said because u came one month early!
;)

Back