Support group - Miscarriages

If you have burning questions, why not open up and ask TSB?i would not wait for doc to tell me everything. Since you're a paying customer, you should be walking out of the place having doubts answered. But of course questions that a professional can enlighten and not those that only God can tell. I once overheard a patient asked a sinseh if she will really conceive within 3 months. How to answer la.

Yes, I will do so at the next visit. I think first visit too overwhelmed already. Thanks!

xiaolu sorry to hear that...from what I know NUH recurrent MC clinic only opens once a month that is why maybe you hv to wait so long

Xiaolu, I hope at least now TSB helps you to recuperate your body. Rest well.

I'm still waiting for my fist appt with her in March.

My appointment with the Prof is first week of March. I didn't expect I would have to wait so long even after calling in directly to NUH. I really want to be able to find out if there is something wrong with me. My doctor told me that the genetic tests are not very helpful but we can go for it anyway. I think I will wait til I go see Prof Choolani and see what he has to say since he's the expert in this area. All the best to your first appointment. Just curious though, are you planning to hold off ttc until you see him? My husband and I still undecided when to start trying again.

Yes, I've only seen TSB once. I made an appointment with her only after finding out I had PCO last November. Then in Dec, we managed to conceive naturally. Unfortunately, I miscarried in January, just in time for my first appointment. I think I was still too stunned during my first appointment because the mc was confirmed the day before my appointment with her. I haven't even started to drink the herbs she gave me yet, because I was still bleeding when I saw her last week, and she asked me to wait a few days until after I stop bleeding before consuming the medicine.

I may just start trying immediately as so far my results are normal. But i still want an opinion from him. I just call in today and managed to get an appointment for next fri. However the his private charges are quite ex. But i just want to see him asap. I can understand how u feel. I do not want to go thr a 3rd mc....so i am really eager to find out if there is anything wrong with my body too. Any idea how is much the NUH charges for his appointment? If the difference not alot maybe u can call his private clinic directly.

I may just start trying immediately as so far my results are normal. But i still want an opinion from him. I just call in today and managed to get an appointment for next fri. However the his private charges are quite ex. But i just want to see him asap. I can understand how u feel. I do not want to go thr a 3rd mc....so i am really eager to find out if there is anything wrong with my body too. Any idea how is much the NUH charges for his appointment? If the difference not alot maybe u can call his private clinic directly.

Hmmm that's a good point. I wanted to do the multitude of tests at NUH because I thought it would be cheaper. And then if I'm comfortable with him can transfer to his outside clinic. I'll go see if I can find out more. Yes, I understand why you want to see him ASAP too! How long ago was your second mc?

Hmmm that's a good point. I wanted to do the multitude of tests at NUH because I thought it would be cheaper. And then if I'm comfortable with him can transfer to his outside clinic. I'll go see if I can find out more. Yes, I understand why you want to see him ASAP too! How long ago was your second mc?

The tests could be cheaper if done at NUH. Because i already done some during my hospital stay. Those tests cost ard $2k. I was admitted due to heavy bleeding then proceed with d&c. 2nd MC is just 2 wks ago early jan. I am still on medical leave. Is your mc ard same time as mine ?

The tests could be cheaper if done at NUH. Because i already done some during my hospital stay. Those tests cost ard $2k. I was admitted due to heavy bleeding then proceed with d&c. 2nd MC is just 2 wks ago early jan. I am still on medical leave. Is your mc ard same time as mine ?
Without subsidy do those tests in lab also e same...

Mine was only early last week. Oh my goodness.. how many weeks along were you? Have a good rest. My bleeding this time is quite ok since it's very early. My first one was a lot worse.

Subsidise and private lab tests cost is very different. Anyway recurrent pregnancy loss clinic is once a month seen by both dr sheila n mahesh together. Private or subsidise doesnt really matters

hey girls, was reading the forum quietly and learnt a lot from you girls. Sigh, I m/c for the second time. First time was a year ago. Pretty upset that both pregnancies ended up with foetus not growing and heartbeat stop around 7-8weeks. We had been ttc since 2 years back when we got married. As age is catching up with both of us, we really wanted to have our miracle soon. But, sigh... Infact, we went through 1 IUI, 1 IVF but they wasn't successful. Both pregnancies were naturally in between the treatment. Just did D/C and now waiting for the report from the hospital as they will be sending the tissue scrap from D/C for investigation. Just to check, is it worthwhile doing other tests to check and what are the tests required and where will be a good clinic to check? Of coz, hopefully cost will not be so high.

hey girls, was reading the forum quietly and learnt a lot from you girls. Sigh, I m/c for the second time. First time was a year ago. Pretty upset that both pregnancies ended up with foetus not growing and heartbeat stop around 7-8weeks. We had been ttc since 2 years back when we got married. As age is catching up with both of us, we really wanted to have our miracle soon. But, sigh... Infact, we went through 1 IUI, 1 IVF but they wasn't successful. Both pregnancies were naturally in between the treatment. Just did D/C and now waiting for the report from the hospital as they will be sending the tissue scrap from D/C for investigation. Just to check, is it worthwhile doing other tests to check and what are the tests required and where will be a good clinic to check? Of coz, hopefully cost will not be so high.
hi Nellie, sorry to hear about your losses. After my 2nd m/c, we decided not to pursue tests as we have a healthy pregnancy in between. Also, we decided to leave it to fate (and IVF) regarding the second child. If you feel short on time, you may want to consider more tests and medical intervention to improve your odds of the first pregnancy. A lot of perspectives change with the birth order.... You know the significance of motherhood to yourself. what would you do to experience it? Being a mother, my reply is "everything", more definite that I ever will be. That being said, make sure that your spouse is with you on all these major decisions. Sometimes, my husband laments that my eagerness for motherhood overtook my concern for him and respect for his views. I am still learning to balance that.

And for any detailed tests, I would do it with my next IVF doctor. Each clinic has its way of working and from my experience, it's best to get your doc's (your trusted choice) opinion for the required tests so that you guys can "work well together".

Hi Neillie,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I've had two mc too. My gynae recommended some blood tests for me to take, but I felt that they weren't as comprehensive as the tests at NUH. I'm planning to go for a second opinion and further tests at the recurrent miscarriage center there. My gynae did mention that it would be good to go for some, though I know that some doctors say that you only need to go after 3 miscarriages. To me, I'd like to find out if there is anything wrong with me to prevent any further miscarriages. Just try my best.

Thanks bunnymuimui & xiaolu. It's great to have friends with same experiences. I would probably go for second opinion at nuh after consulting my gynae during the post check up. Need to ask the husband first also. He kept saying we are rushing into things. Sigh.. All the best to you girls also. :)

Thanks bunnymuimui & xiaolu. It's great to have friends with same experiences. I would probably go for second opinion at nuh after consulting my gynae during the post check up. Need to ask the husband first also. He kept saying we are rushing into things. Sigh.. All the best to you girls also. :)

Oh yes should definitely discuss with your husband first. After all, this is a journey that you are taking together with him. My husband also ask me not to rush. But I feel like I need to be doing something about it, and he understands it.

Oh yes should definitely discuss with your husband first. After all, this is a journey that you are taking together with him. My husband also ask me not to rush. But I feel like I need to be doing something about it, and he understands it.
I think women's bio clocks, once activated, goes into overdrive. We are sometimes reversed or stumped by life events, such as m/c. But overall, still overdrive once it kicks in :p

I've learnt so many things of him since we embarked on this journey - about how strongly he guards our privacy, his support when I laid in bed crying after knowing another girlfriend got pregnant, how he copes emotionally with our loss, how he copes with our unexplained infertility all these years... As a coping mechanism, I try to come across as nonchalent about the IVF decisions, so that my husband doesn't feel "rushed". @Neillie, it's a very good sign that you were able to conceive naturally between the treatments. It usually takes us 6-8 months between each IVF attempt, due to m/c, life, work, tcm, etc. Why the husbands don't share our rush? Hmm

Mine was only early last week. Oh my goodness.. how many weeks along were you? Have a good rest. My bleeding this time is quite ok since it's very early. My first one was a lot worse.

Xiaolu, this mc is at 6.5wks. My this round is very bad with the bleeding and contraction pain. Abit traumatised by this episode.

Bunnymuimui wat u wrote is so true. Through such such journey, i experienced another side of my hubby and feel very comfort that he supported me with all the decision, ups and downs. But he also sometimes also ask me to relax and not so cheong. I have to remind him my age...our odds get lesser with increase of age.

Xiaolu, I read abt ur previous post on tsb. She won't exactly tell u wat to eat or not to eat. U can ask her but she doesn't has a list of it. Food tat u have doubt consuming during ttc or pregnancy u can ask her then she will advise. I was with her since aug 2012 until end oct 2014.currently on maternity so taking a break from seeing tsb, she told me see her 6 mths later after birth to tiao my body for number 2 if I want to...

@bunnymuimui and @mangoyoyo totally agree with the two of you about the support of husband! My husband has also been supported and grieved together with me. This has brought us closer together. It's certainly not an easy journey for us but it's good to have our supportive partner next to us.

Xiaolu, I read abt ur previous post on tsb. She won't exactly tell u wat to eat or not to eat. U can ask her but she doesn't has a list of it. Food tat u have doubt consuming during ttc or pregnancy u can ask her then she will advise. I was with her since aug 2012 until end oct 2014.currently on maternity so taking a break from seeing tsb, she told me see her 6 mths later after birth to tiao my body for number 2 if I want to...

Thanks so much for the info! Congratulations on your little one. It's always nice to hear a success story :) it gives me hope

Hi ladies,

I had my D&C done on 16 Jan and went back to my gynae yesterday. Everything is ok and gynae has given me the green light to try to conceive again in March. She has also given me Duphaston to standby so that I can take it once I am tested positive.

I'm curious to know the risk of miscarriage for someone on Duphaston. Anyone has anything to share?

hi all! had m/c two wks back when baby was just 5wks old.. it all started out when I start to bleed on the 6 days when I knew I was pregnant. two days later it was a natural m/c hence, no D&C.. went back to gynae and she mentioned to wait for one menses cycle before trying again. just want to check anyone still go ahead to try even though menses not here yet? I have read some articles that some ladies already ovulate not long after their bleeding stops.

Hi ladies,

I had my D&C done on 16 Jan and went back to my gynae yesterday. Everything is ok and gynae has given me the green light to try to conceive again in March. She has also given me Duphaston to standby so that I can take it once I am tested positive.

I'm curious to know the risk of miscarriage for someone on Duphaston. Anyone has anything to share?
hi girl..sorry for ur loss..

duphaston is an tai yao, meaning to help support pregnancy. I hv been on it 1 tablet 2times a day ever since week 4/5..now im in my 18th week doc said to continue to take to be sure..hope this helps

hi all! had m/c two wks back when baby was just 5wks old.. it all started out when I start to bleed on the 6 days when I knew I was pregnant. two days later it was a natural m/c hence, no D&C.. went back to gynae and she mentioned to wait for one menses cycle before trying again. just want to check anyone still go ahead to try even though menses not here yet? I have read some articles that some ladies already ovulate not long after their bleeding stops.
sorry to hear that...like myself, I used to want to get preggy again asap after my losses..but think abt it better to tiao /build up body before trying to better carry the pregnancy next round ..I would suggest at least 1 mth cos after a mc our bodies very weak de..

On Monday when I visited my gynae for post D&C check up, I had already stopped bleeding. However since yesterday afternoon I am bleeding quite a lot and it looks like menstrual blood. My gynae had told me to expect my menses in 3 to 5 weeks' time but it seems like I'm already starting my menses already. Is this normal?

hi all. need some advice. at week 7 scan , my sac is measured at 5 weeks and still no heartbeat. yolk sac collapsed.hcg stil rising . dr said gone case liao .asked me continue duphaston and go back next week do final scan and decide to do d&c or let it naturally come out. do d&c they wil take dead tissue test for chromosome problems . i conceived via second ivf frozen embryo transfer.
if i let it come out by itself wil it b very bloodly and painful? i have no bleeding yet but dr said it wil bleed soon..haiz

Oh dear....I remember you at Ivf thread. Very sorry you have to go through this.

For me my option was to let it pass out naturally. I didn't have bleeding like you but was anticipating it. I only had one time pain when I was walking at the mall. Shooting pain through my back (it's a symptom of miscarriage). Was a painful one but as I mentioned just one time. Then I went toilet and started to see spotting. Next few days I bled like normal af. Days later I passed out the sac. I didn't have much discomfort. Just like mild af cramp.

Take care my dear.

thank u redvel . im thinking if i do the surgery they can then test the dead tissue to find out wats wrong. how much is the surgery?i am thinking shd i consult another gynae for mre advice on that ,let the dr see the size of the sac and decide? sgh dr didnt say much , seems like she meant ' let u decide yourself '.but iam at a total lost now.feel numb.

If you've thought of getting another opinion, then you should.

I can't remember how much was the d&c. Paid by Medisave.

thank u redvel . im thinking if i do the surgery they can then test the dead tissue to find out wats wrong. how much is the surgery?i am thinking shd i consult another gynae for mre advice on that ,let the dr see the size of the sac and decide? sgh dr didnt say much , seems like she meant ' let u decide yourself '.but iam at a total lost now.feel numb.

I did my d&c in pte hospital. Ard 3k. After medisave i need to pay 1k plus cash. I feel its good to test and confirm if its embryo quality problem or what. I had 2nd mc and regret not to test the first time. 2nd round...i discharged all sacs while bleeding. Want to test also cant. Doc says its embryo issues...but how to convince myself when i have no test results. Stay positive and strong. Keep trying...

thank u mangoyoyo. the way the dr told us sounded like it is more or less chromosomal issues ,and dunno hw much is the test . i have one week to think what i want to do. sorry ladies, i guess my questions must have been asked many many times by many other unfortunate ladies here.but now i have no mood and energy to read tro past conversations. thank u for your time

My first mc was due to chromosome problem because my Oscar result was super bad. 2nd was blighted ovum and it's more common than we thought. I didn't request for any test because to me, every pregnancy is different and I believe every thing has its time and place. I could find closure once the d&c and natural mc happened in their due course.

Whether you wanna test or not it's really a personal decision and no one should tell you you should or shouldn't. I guess it all depends if you can find peace not testing or something that may always daunt on you, if you don't.

It's a very trying period for you now...hope your hubby is there to go through this with you. Get some rest soon.

so sorry to hear this @old aunty ..the test is called chromosome karyotyping..if im not wrong someone on this thread did sometimes a year or so back think ard $1000+ or more..

I also did it then for a peace of mind but I didn't use any sample tissues just bloodtests of hb and myself ..cos I didn want to hv any lingering unanswered questions abt my loss..well im not saying there will be an answer to everything but somehow back then I didn't want to hv to ask myself ..'is it this? is it that?' down the road..it was somehow a mini clousure for me and my hb.

totally feel ur hurt now...but take care, cry out with ur hb..both of u will need to support each other now..

I think karyotyping is the genetic test to find out if both hubby and wife DNA are normal. I did this for recurrent loss ard $1200 for a couple. This can be done by blood tests. I guess old aunty want to test the sac. Will deduce if its chromosome issue for this fetal. It cost ard $500. Will know the gender of the fetal too.
Yes..chrisl, thats wat i feel strongly after 2nd loss, want to find an answer and solution desperately. First round doc says its alright because first pregnancy,mc is conmon etc. Then...i tot let go and move on. But, when it happened again. Then doc again repeat that same reason.
Anyway, old aunty just do watever ur heart tell u...do test or not is really subjective. Most important now is recover emotionally and physically. Do something which can make u happy. After 2wks mini confinement, i went to have a facial, hair treatment n new haircut. My mood suddenly brighten up :) it helps! Jia you...we are support u via forum.

I think karyotyping is the genetic test to find out if both hubby and wife DNA are normal. I did this for recurrent loss ard $1200 for a couple. This can be done by blood tests. I guess old aunty want to test the sac. Will deduce if its chromosome issue for this fetal. It cost ard $500. Will know the gender of the fetal too.
Yes..chrisl, thats wat i feel strongly after 2nd loss, want to find an answer and solution desperately. First round doc says its alright because first pregnancy,mc is conmon etc. Then...i tot let go and move on. But, when it happened again. Then doc again repeat that same reason.
Anyway, old aunty just do watever ur heart tell u...do test or not is really subjective. Most important now is recover emotionally and physically. Do something which can make u happy. After 2wks mini confinement, i went to have a facial, hair treatment n new haircut. My mood suddenly brighten up :) it helps! Jia you...we are support u via forum.
mangoyoyo..so now you ttcing again? Hv you done all necessary bloodtests etc?

Just to share I did bloodtests and found my prolactin level very high ard 700+ before ..even before I started my 3rd round ivf and the doc I saw said no worries and insisted that I dun need any medications..so as to say I had an early miscarriage again that cycle..as in faint positive then AF came--- then I found that there is a link of this level and early miscarriages. My this Sg 2nd doc noted that and gave me a pill 'cabergoline' to lower this level. And I succeeded..you girls might want to check on this level should all other bloodtests found to be ok..

yes mangoyoyo, the test that i mentioned is to test the dead tissue of the embryo for chromosomal abnormalities.can knw the gender too? mine is only 7 weeks but size of a 5 wk. think about it the whole night , feel like doing the test but dread to go for GA and surgery. . one more week to think abt it..u ladies think my on off fever during my pregnancy had anything to do wif my embryo stopped growing and sac collapsing ? cldnt help but blame myself for certain things that i did during my tww .
alot of things to decide now. to do d&c or not? to do test or not? to go back work or continue no pay leave or to quit to concentrate ttc. im 42 this year already . not much time left to waste

Hi Ladies

I'm actually quite worried. today since morning, there is no sign of sudden hunger (which is normal since I found out I was pregnant) I don't feel tired or sleepy in ther afternoon.
beanie suppose to be around 6 weeks today. But no sign of bleeding.
Is that normal or did I mc ?

Hi Ladies

I'm actually quite worried. today since morning, there is no sign of sudden hunger (which is normal since I found out I was pregnant) I don't feel tired or sleepy in ther afternoon.
beanie suppose to be around 6 weeks today. But no sign of bleeding.
Is that normal or did I mc ?
dun scare urself ..miscarriage is when u are bleeding and cramping+passing out clots and lower back pain+gynae scanned not positive ...no bleeding and crampings are good. Pregnancy symptoms go up and down sometimes thruout..

dun scare urself ..miscarriage is when u are bleeding and cramping+passing out clots and lower back pain+gynae scanned not positive ...no bleeding and crampings are good. Pregnancy symptoms go up and down sometimes thruout..

Hi

as this is my first baby so quite worried. Hb said I overworried. my next checkup is on 9th feb. thanks for your advice.
and because ytd company went out to celebrate, they forced me to drink red wine (took a tiny sip only). so until now I still feeling guilty. I also took shark bone soup and cryth tea throughout the meal =(

yes mangoyoyo, the test that i mentioned is to test the dead tissue of the embryo for chromosomal abnormalities.can knw the gender too? mine is only 7 weeks but size of a 5 wk. think about it the whole night , feel like doing the test but dread to go for GA and surgery. . one more week to think abt it..u ladies think my on off fever during my pregnancy had anything to do wif my embryo stopped growing and sac collapsing ? cldnt help but blame myself for certain things that i did during my tww .
alot of things to decide now. to do d&c or not? to do test or not? to go back work or continue no pay leave or to quit to concentrate ttc. im 42 this year already . not much time left to waste
On off fever is random ..some says it is symptom of bfp but no one can say if it got or not to hv anything to do with embryo stopped growing..

dun be too harsh on yourself ..do a mental note on what to avoid in ur next cycle ..it helped for me..

maybe give urself another chance by going to seek 2nd opinion elsewhere..before deciding ..

as for work wise I suggest u take a break if ur hb can afford as money can earn back..for ttcing..unfortunately time is but of essence ..and take this meanwhile to build up body for next cycle .. most importantly discuss over with ur hb and get his support..*hugs*

u r over paranoid . relax, take care and eat well.avoid cooling food and alcohol. watever u eat and drink in small amt wouldnt hurt u. if u think 9/2 dr's appointment is too far away, u can always push your appointment earlier or go any women's clinic check your pregnancy hcg level .but i would suggest guai guai wait til 9/2 since u have no discomfort now and by then everything wil be easily detected by scan

thank u chris. i have read of your story before. it was a really tough journey for u . thank god now u r expecting a boy girl twins , a perfect gift from god .

Hi

as this is my first baby so quite worried. Hb said I overworried. my next checkup is on 9th feb. thanks for your advice.
and because ytd company went out to celebrate, they forced me to drink red wine (took a tiny sip only). so until now I still feeling guilty. I also took shark bone soup and cryth tea throughout the meal =(
understand ..hmm..some ppl drink alcohol/smoke all thruout also nothing happen ..furthermore urs is just a sip should be ok de..just from now onwards be extra careful ..all the best!

thank u chris. i have read of your story before. it was a really tough journey for u . thank god now u r expecting a boy girl twins , a perfect gift from god .
Im still taking 1day at a time though..cos really after so many losses already now I sometimes also paranoid at times..cannot help it de..i will be praying for u as well..

Like others said, dont be too harsh on yourself. Do not ever blame yourself for the MC. Its hard, I know. Its alright to take some time to grieve for the loss. Life goes on. Relax your mind and sometimes when we are not really trying and that's when we gonna get it.

Hugs

Back