Apply SPR for Newborn Baby

Saw Ping Yen

Hi everyone,

Me and my wife are Malaysian and we are SPR. Our baby just born in Singapore 3 weeks ago.
We would like to know about about the procedures to apply PR for newborn baby. Does anyone have this experience? Is there any "special queue" for newborn baby?

Thank you
Saw

Hi,

First of all, u need to hv bb spore birth cert..which i think u oledi hv...
Then u need to go Msia highcomm, apply d msian citizenship cert for bb and at d same time apply msia passport for bb
Then after u got bb passport then proceed to MOM building at Lavender, i think level 4 or 5 (SPR) to apply SPR for bb...
Dun think there is any special queue for newborn...u hv to be prepare to wait there probably 1 whole day...
Probably collection time no need bring bb ba...u need to chk with d officer there....

Note: please ensure u bring along ur marriage cert, both ur wife n ur birth cert (translated into English), both ur IC and passport, re-entry permit, etc

Hi Tiffany,

Thank you for the advice.

I have my BB Singapore Birth Cert, Borang W and Malaysia Passport. But my wife and BB in Malaysia for confinement already.

Wow, ur wife still can travel back Msia for confinement? ....I m so worried I can't travel too long journey back Msia so d confinement thing all was done in spore....only travel back Msia for bb full mth praying...:)

No dun hv....many of us PR will usually do d confinement in spore n after obtain SPR only balik Msia.....btw, how do u bring bb back Msia fr spore? Did they issue bb white card?

Wah ur case a bit 'chim'....probably u need bring bb in for SPR application ASAP, dun wait too long....v dunno what is d 'new' regulation for SPR.....u shd hv get SPR for bb b4 balik Msia confinement ....

for my 2 elder kids confinement, my parents came over spore to help do the confinement....so bb SPR can be done in 2 wks time....this round, v hired a confinement lady fr msia....yeah, difficult to fine good confinement aunty here....but anyway, it is advisable to bring bb in asap, settle d SPR first...else difficult n need to wait long time...

no worries, i also done my confinement with bb in malaysia. Just bring baby back to ICA when u are ready for SPR application. Info can be found on their website :)

hi,
My wife and me are PR and we are planning to give birth for our new born baby in Malaysia instead of SG.
Can anyone share of info,if we need to register in ICA for our new born baby to become PR, less earlier compare
directly with birth cert from SG ?
What if we only register/ apply after 42 days?
Any problem ? or any advice can share to me?
what factors should we need to consider give birth in SG better or MY?

My baby born in sg,immediate after get passport i brought her back malaysia and forgot abt the 42 days. Then when she 55days i asked ICA, they say after 42 cant go direct to apply bcos not *newborn* so no special queue. Need make appointment. Aug view the date until mar no slot. Then i email them. They give me a cancelation date on nov bcos she is small (also consider special case,not same like adult) Daddy brought her there. Dun forget need bring ur educational cert bcos u r going to sponsor bb as PR

@tonyE,
I would advise ur wife to give birth in SG better, reason it is more convenient and faster to get PR.
For my case, i gave birth to bb in mid-Sep 2014 in SG, bb got PR in 2 mths time...did my confinement in SG too...only bring bb back msia for full mth prayer in mid-Oct 2014, bb got PR mid-Nov 2014...there a lot of docs u need to bring along, for PR submission...for PR submission need bring bb along then during collection no need bring bb....
just to note, before u got PR, bb go back msia will b on white card and need to be extend every 30 days...1st extension need go ICA subsequent can do it online...:)

No matter what. They need 2 mths processing. If u wan to keep baby in sg ,they advice either white card chop chop if not is temporary social visit pass :)

Hi. Juz to share my experience applying pr fr my baby. We submit the pr application within the first 2 weeks he was born. You are not required to bring baby along as confirm with ICA. Only the sponsor need to go ICA to submit the application. A social visit white card will be issue to the baby with validity of 3 months. Usually u will hear the result of the application prior the social visit pass end. In the event if u bring ur bb out frm sg during tis period, remember to bring along bb birth cert. Hope this helps.

Thx weiy for the info. Next time i should get bb go apply pr first den go back malaysia. Confinement in sg is expensive.

During my submission need bring bb bcos we went out of sg first.
Tiffany, i haven receive any news from them.
Apply pr bcos of convenience and cheaper medical fees. We staying in jb. Cos i brought her to polyclinic for daily bld test for jaundice was expensive that time

i think different officer different style, v actually immediately apply pr once got bb borang W and msia passport....then my hubby went for pr application (without bring bb)....the officer said cannot submit as she wants to see the baby .....then my hubby has to rearrange another day for pr submission (bring along bb)....after v submitted bb's pr application, they issued a white card (3 months validity) for bb, and without informing us that this white card need to get endorsement if v bring bb out fr spore....v kena blocked and stopped at woodlands custom (abt 1 hr) when v bring bb back for full month prayer in msia, reason is d officer there cant find bb records (even with white card)...:(
bcoz v brought bb out that time, when bb came back into spore 2 wks later, she kena use new white card (1 month validity) then v hv to bring bb go ica to extend while waiting for pr approval, luckily v brought bb for white card extension coz the officer said else v hv to come another round...:(
after 2 months pr submission, finally got pr approval...bb no need go for pr collection, only sponsor go...d officer keep on saying "wah ur bb so lucky, can get pr approval within 2 months, some ppl 6 mths oso cannot get.."...so that is y i would advise to give birth in spore vs msia....if u come in fr msia, i dun think d pr approval is smooth...
@Fern22, u got to daily login their ica website and chk status, they wont call u de...u hv to DIY chk...gd luck,..

@Fern22, no choice if v r pr status, everything is expensive here in spore...:(
give birth expensive, no maternity leaves (for pr with 3rd bb), bb jab oso super expensive, next go childcare and attending school oso expensive...all no subsidised
last month brought bb jab at private clinic , 2 jabs (3mths de 6in1 + pneumococal) = SGD 370 :O

Hi weiy , Fern22, Tiff,

Thanks for your info.
should i need to reserve and file my baby case in one of the private hospital ie: KKwomen / Thonsom medical centre, so that if anything
happen due to early delivery , that medical centre has some record to refer?

what is the cost ranges if delivery in private hospital ie: natural delivery vs anesthesia ( complex) ?
how much we can use medisave to pay?

Tiff,
sound very expensive to do all jab in SG.
if do all baby jab in SG, this is easier for her to register school in SG since we do not have birth cert from SG side?

@tonyE, u mean all the while ur wife will go back msia for her pregnancy check up?....wah very tiring...
i delivered my bb at mt alvernia, u can refer to https://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/wp-content/uploads/Maternity_Packages_wef_31_Jan_2014.pdf for the hospital charges...for my case i m choosing natural birth and 2 bedroom package and cpf deducted SGD 2k, balance own pocket..:(
yes, doing d jabs in SG is expensive but no choice le....
if ur wife gives birth in spore, bb will b holding spore birth cert but citizenship is msian (spore pr)...

Tiffanytei- wow i should consider lucky coz i stuck at d checkpoint less then 20min when i bring d bb bck msia aftr full month....otherwise my coach would have left me n bb behind.

Tonye-does ur wife does checkup wit sg gynae? It may b good if u hav a copy of all ur msia gynae visit medical wit u in d event if she gv birth in sg. I did my check up wit one of d dr at gleangles n choose to gv birth at thomson hosp

Hi weiy/ Tiff,
we have reserve few record in Thomson ( Dr. Yip) but the charges is slightly expensive SGD250 Plus each time without medicine. It is too costly (MY500plus) and therefore, we always flight back to MY for checking, even a bit tiring , we also can visit parents at the same times.

our private hse is only ready after my wife delivery date and not too convenience for us to have confinement here as we still rent a room.
After reading all sharing info, we decided to apply my new born baby after 42 days or my baby girl reach 1 - 2 years old later.

nobody take care my baby since both of us are working. May be will temporary reside in MY for a while.

I hope i make a right decision and thanks for all info provided to me. i hope she can get her PR easily with normal process. However , i still will check with ICA when the times is approaching to double confirm and find out more related info.

thanks, tonyE

@tonyE, u mean all the while ur wife will go back msia for her pregnancy check up?....wah very tiring...
i delivered my bb at mt alvernia, u can refer to https://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/wp-content/uploads/Maternity_Packages_wef_31_Jan_2014.pdf for the hospital charges...for my case i m choosing natural birth and 2 bedroom package and cpf deducted SGD 2k, balance own pocket..:(
yes, doing d jabs in SG is expensive but no choice le....
if ur wife gives birth in spore, bb will b holding spore birth cert but citizenship is msian (spore pr)...

Hi there

I am also SPR.may i knw which doctor you used as ur gynae from mt alv?how was doctor stitching skill and caring level?and how much total ur bill size for normal delivery(before medisave)?

I have a headache problem too. I m msian and father is indonesian.
But we hope to apply msian for baby and also SPR.
For such wat do u guys would suggest ?shld i deliver in msia or spore in order to smoothen the application?

I contacted high comm msia they said it will be easier if i deliver baby in msia but i worry it will b harder to apply SPR If i deliver bb in msia

Kind of dilemma...

Need advise.thankss:)

@RnRnr ,
I engaged Dr. KC Ching, he has 2 clinics (Mt.A & Mt.E), i dunno his stitching skill coz my 3 babies were normal delivery under him....he is a very practical and straight forward doc, i would say...n very fatherly look :)....my total bill for my recent delivery (Sep 2014) around SGD 5.6K (include everything: gynae + hospital)

Both me n hubby = Msian and SPR
Our 3 kids - all were borned in Spore, so their birth cert = Spore but citizenship = Msian
They were holding Msia passport and their status same as us.
From my past experience and my personal opinion, if bb is born in Spore, their application of SPR is easier and more convenient....bcoz Spore SPR application keep on changing policy, it is best once bb were born, immediately get him/her SPR rather than wait till finished confinement...
fyi, my 3rd bb needs to wait 2 months in order to get SPR approval, but my previous 2 babies (abt 9-10 yrs ago), they got their SPR within 2 wks times....

@RnRnr ,
I engaged Dr. KC Ching, he has 2 clinics (Mt.A & Mt.E), i dunno his stitching skill coz my 3 babies were normal delivery under him....he is a very practical and straight forward doc, i would say...n very fatherly look :)....my total bill for my recent delivery (Sep 2014) around SGD 5.6K (include everything: gynae + hospital)

Both me n hubby = Msian and SPR
Our 3 kids - all were borned in Spore, so their birth cert = Spore but citizenship = Msian
They were holding Msia passport and their status same as us.
From my past experience and my personal opinion, if bb is born in Spore, their application of SPR is easier and more convenient....bcoz Spore SPR application keep on changing policy, it is best once bb were born, immediately get him/her SPR rather than wait till finished confinement...
fyi, my 3rd bb needs to wait 2 months in order to get SPR approval, but my previous 2 babies (abt 9-10 yrs ago), they got their SPR within 2 wks times....

Hi Tiffanytei,

Thanks for the useful info. Wow that isnt so ex if total bill is S$5.6k ALL in (gynae ,scanning and labour) wow..maybe i should have consider him too.
I thot normal delivery need stitching too? (or m i wrong?;p)
So did you deliver in Mt.A or Mt. E? And what kind of bedroom you choose?
Have you heard abt Dr. Esther Ng? I find she a bit pricey.

Yeah that was what i worried too. Kind of dilemma where is the best place to deliver the baby.
If in Msia, maybe ease to apply for Msian citizenship.
If in Spore, as u said , maybe it would be easier to apply for SPR...
Wow.... really difficult choice i need to make...:( hoping out there there is someone has same case like me and can advise me (mother is Msian , father is non Msian and want to apply Msian for BB).

So when did you start to apply SPR for baby? do we need to bring baby to ICA too?
And when did you start to apply Msian for baby?

Thanks a lot:)

@RnRnr,
wow to me $5.6K is expensive le, 9-10 yrs ago when I gave birth to my 2 elder boys, only ard $3K++...
yes I chose Mt.A for 2-bedder room, oh if go for normal delivery of course that is normal stitching la, no extra charge all covered in ur maternity gynae package...:)
nope, I hv not heard abt Dr. Esther Ng....

for ur case, if u give birth in msia, definitely ur bb will b msian then u hv to bring bb into spore for SPR but I m not sure d duration and other difficulties u may face...
if u give birth in spore, not sure ur bb can b msian or not as ur hubby is not msian....u hv to chk with msia high comm office...
if msia high comm say ok for bb to b msian when born in spore then u can immediately try for SPR for bb, no need wait...

ok, for my case...
1. once bb born within that 1 wk, v need to get a spore birth cert for bb..this can b done in hospital, they issue birth cert for new born..birth cert will state citizenship = msian (both hubby n me r msian)
2. after got the spore birth cert, bring bb to take passport pic
3. 2nd wk, bring bb to msia high comm to apply borang W (citizenship cert) and apply msia passport for bb, this process takes abt 7-10 days
4. after got bb msia passport, immediately proceed to ica building to submit for SPR application. it is advisable to bring bb along in case d officer 1 2 c d bb...for this step u got to chk properly all d necessary documents to bring together else they will reject u and ask u come back another day with complete documents submission...:(
5. after submit SPR application, v daily chk online to c d status, whether got approve or not...u got to chk urself, they wont notify u de...for my 3rd bb, after 2 mths submission, finally got approved...
6. go collect d approved SPR cert...this round bb no need go, only sponsor go collect...

it is advisable not to bring bb out fr spore during this process coz v dunno when bb will get d SPR...b4 bb got SPR bb actually on white card, 1st time duration I think is 3 mths...if u bring bb out fr spore, the 3 mths duration white card will b void n need to use new white card, I think d duration abt 1 mths...if within d white card duration bb still not get SPR, u need to do extension for d white card again...

@RnRnr,
wow to me $5.6K is expensive le, 9-10 yrs ago when I gave birth to my 2 elder boys, only ard $3K++...
yes I chose Mt.A for 2-bedder room, oh if go for normal delivery of course that is normal stitching la, no extra charge all covered in ur maternity gynae package...:)

for ur case, if u give birth in msia, definitely ur bb will b msian then u hv to bring bb into spore for SPR but I m not sure d duration and other difficulties u may face...
if u give birth in spore, not sure ur bb can b msian or not as ur hubby is not msian....u hv to chk with msia high comm office...
if msia high comm say ok for bb to b msian when born in spore then u can immediately try for SPR for bb, no need wait...

ok, for my case...
1. once bb born within that 1 wk, v need to get a spore birth cert for bb..this can b done in hospital, they issue birth cert for new born..birth cert will state citizenship = msian (both hubby n me r msian)
3. 2nd wk, bring bb to msia high comm to apply borang W (citizenship cert) and apply msia passport for bb, this process takes abt 7-10 days
4. after got bb msia passport, immediately proceed to ica building to submit for SPR application. it is advisable to bring bb along in case d officer 1 2 c d bb...for this step u got to chk properly all d necessary documents to bring together else they will reject u and ask u come back another day with complete documents submission...:(
5. after submit SPR application, v daily chk online to c d status, whether got approve or not...u got to chk urself, they wont notify u de...for my 3rd bb, after 2 mths submission, finally got approved...
6. go collect d approved SPR cert...this round bb no need go, only sponsor go collect...

it is advisable not to bring bb out fr spore during this process coz v dunno when bb will get d SPR...b4 bb got SPR bb actually on white card, 1st time duration I think is 3 mths...if u bring bb out fr spore, the 3 mths duration white card will b void n need to use new white card, I think d duration abt 1 mths...if within d white card duration bb still not get SPR, u need to do extension for d white card again...

hello there:)
Love talking to you you are so humorous hahahaha ^^

reason i said yours is cheap because your $5.6k already included gynae, all the scans and also delivery cost.
From ppl I asked , they averagely paid $6-$8k for delivery it self (before medisave reduction)
So i'm surprised why yours were so cheap. Your $5.6k is ALL In , wow.. so after medisave reduction, you paid $3k plus only lor?
Somemore in Mt A... this is the hospital that i like:)
So after Dr KCChing give u stitching, can u walk aldy the next day? how the wound healed?

Yeah thanks so much for your detailed advise on the steps for SPR and Msian citizenship application.
I will discuss with my hubby again.
U know la even high comm told me that can apply Msian still even though i give birth outside msia, i'm still worrying that it will turn up different thing when i go to high comm here later..(u know how they do things;p)
So during your confinement u were so bz and didnt really rest huh.
Ya ideally is to get the baby all the proper documents before leaving to msia.. that is what i hope too.

I have decided to drop Dr Esther ng. And i got 2 options for myself now:
1) Choose Dr KC Ching like yourself, then can go to Mt A too. (Hopefully my bill turns up the same as yours)
2) Go KKH, choosing prof Han (have you heard abt him before?) -- the reason i shortlisted KKH is because some ppl told me that if got complication, KKH is best choice.

Hope i can make up my decision.
For cost wise i think it has no much different choosing mt A or KKH ya? dilemma sooo much....:(

@RnRnr
Nice talking to u too...:)
Yes, after minus medisave v paid $3.6K for everything....
I can oledi walked few hours after delivery....dr. ching very experience in doing all the stitching, my hubby said he like playing masak2, d hand action very fast ;)
the wound healed within a wk, just need to wash with d medicine (I dunno what is d water call, hospital will provide when u discharge)

during confinement, this round I m very lucky, I got a super gd CL (my previous 2 bb was done by my mum)...since I dun hv maternity leaves, so I hired a CL to help out and all went smoothly...fyi, SPR with 3rd bb dun entitle maternity leaves, so I got to work fr home for 7 wks, I only take my annual leave for 1st wk delivery...:(
luckily my CL is experience and she helped us a lot...for doing all the registration, was done by hubby lo...

haha ok, if u decided dr. kc ching, u just tell the personnel u recommended by me, hopefully u can start d package earlier, so u no need pay so much...what I like abt dr ching is he very practical type, he nvr recommend to eat extra supplements etc, he only prescribe me d folic acid (cost included in d package), he only advise to eat more fresh food...he said save $$...then his staff very generous and kind...u can always ask for samples milk powder, if they hv they will give out lo...so sometimes u save some milk powder $$
for kkh, I not sure abt d doc there....

anything u PM me...take gd care :)

@RnRnr
I can oledi walked few hours after delivery....dr. ching very experience in doing all the stitching, my hubby said he like playing masak2, d hand action very fast ;)
the wound healed within a wk, just need to wash with d medicine (I dunno what is d water call, hospital will provide when u discharge)

during confinement, this round I m very lucky, I got a super gd CL (my previous 2 bb was done by my mum)...since I dun hv maternity leaves, so I hired a CL to help out and all went smoothly...fyi, SPR with 3rd bb dun entitle maternity leaves, so I got to work fr home for 7 wks, I only take my annual leave for 1st wk delivery...:(
luckily my CL is experience and she helped us a lot...for doing all the registration, was done by hubby lo...

haha ok, if u decided dr. kc ching, u just tell the personnel u recommended by me, hopefully u can start d package earlier, so u no need pay so much...what I like abt dr ching is he very practical type, he nvr recommend to eat extra supplements etc, he only prescribe me d folic acid (cost included in d package), he only advise to eat more fresh food...he said save $$...then his staff very generous and kind...u can always ask for samples milk powder, if they hv they will give out lo...so sometimes u save some milk powder $$

Hello gal :)
Until now i m still choosing either Prof Han from KKH for Dr KC Ching from Mt .A , bit hard to find out while i 'm working.
Need to quickly find time to wrap this up man.

I see.. so i guess cost wise will be more or less same for Mt. A and KKH liao. I also get the bill from a friend (who delivered last year).
Total bill of her was $5-6k, after medisave etc, i think she paid ard $2.6k. So sounds more or less same as yours ,as your $3.6k included gynae and also delivery:)
can u remember at which wk of pregnancy we can get the gynae package?
haa sure if we decided to go KC Ching , i will quote your name:)

Wow i never know that there isnt any maternity after SPR gives birth on 3rd one..you caught me surprise..
so unfair:(:(
luckily your boss allowed you to work from home....imagine if cannot... o dear.... :(

Milk powder for baby? you mean ?
hahahaha...yeah one of the way to save $ ya ;p

O one last thing, does Dr KC Ching see patient on Sat and on evening -night time(say after 6.45pm)?
Was thinking if can go after work.

Now i 'm 8wks, when was your 2nd scan , can recall?

Thanks heaps:) U have a good day:)

@RnRnr

Until now i m still choosing either Prof Han from KKH for Dr KC Ching from Mt .A , bit hard to find out while i 'm working.

I see.. so i guess cost wise will be more or less same for Mt. A and KKH liao. I also get the bill from a friend (who delivered last year).
Total bill of her was $5-6k, after medisave etc, i think she paid ard $2.6k. So sounds more or less same as yours ,as your $3.6k included gynae and also delivery:)

Wow i never know that there isnt any maternity after SPR gives birth on 3rd one..you caught me surprise..
luckily your boss allowed you to work from home....imagine if cannot... o dear.... :(

O one last thing, does Dr KC Ching see patient on Sat and on evening -night time(say after 6.45pm)?

Btw Tiffany,
you said Dr KC Ching, when i google it seems that he is from Mt.E instead?
is the below link the doctor you were seeing? Quite old also ya? So everytime u see him you go mt. A or mt E?
http://www.memc.com.sg/specialist/dr-ching-kwok-choy

@RnRnr
I started my package at wk 8 (if I not mistaken), subsequent visit every 3 wks....
Yes, dr. ching has 2 clinics: Mt.A & Mt.E, but I always book Mt.A clinic...Mt.A clinic has Sat morning consultation...normally dr.ching will come to Mt.A 1st then after finished appointments he will go Mt.E to for another appointments..:)
Dr. Ching is a bit 'old', think he abt 60++, very fatherly look...always cheerful ;)
it's ok de, u can try 1st consultation session then if u dun feel gd with him, u can always chg....I think sometimes this is oso based on individual feeling la...:)

oh what I mean is milk powder for mum...during my pregnancy I took a lot of pregnancy milk powder, 50% was fr d clinic samples..:)

haha, d non-maternity leaves issue oso created big hoo-haa oso la...actually my company can give d 8 wks maternity leaves but too calculative la...said follow MOM guidelines, so bo pian lo...:(
not much rest as still need to run report and attending conference call oso...then kena bond 1 yr cannot resign..haiz life is not easy ya...

oo i see. wk 8 aldy got package, considered early huh. I asked few, most ppl signed package only when they are wk 12,16,or even wk 20.
yeah just now google saw the foto of Dr KC Ching ,shocked me haaa.. ;p

ooo u mean mother 's powder..haa unfortunately, i dont drink milk:(
i tried to drink Marigold fresh milk last milk i vomited terribly... after then i stopped.
i knew milk is good for bb, but i just cant take:(

ya man..so stingy ...and so unfair..
i can understand how uneasy for u... my goodness haiz.....................long sigh........

@RnRnr
haha yeah, I think dr ching is cute la...I treated him like my father, highly 'paid' father...;P

actually d maternity leaves very much depends on company, 1 2 give or not...unfortunately my com, super lousy la...all follow MOM guidelines lo...I hv frens whom same condition and they got 8 wks paid maternity wks...

ok, u consider n decide la, hv a happy pregnant journey and smooth delivery yeah...n smooth SPR applications...:)

cheers,
tiff

@RnRnr
haha yeah, I think dr ching is cute la...I treated him like my father, highly 'paid' father...;P

actually d maternity leaves very much depends on company, 1 2 give or not...unfortunately my com, super lousy la...all follow MOM guidelines lo...I hv frens whom same condition and they got 8 wks paid maternity wks...

ok, u consider n decide la, hv a happy pregnant journey and smooth delivery yeah...n smooth SPR applications...:)

cheers,
tiff

Hahaha yeah i will think abt it again
Maybe i will try kkh first then see how it goes.
Although i really like mt A:p

Thanks sooooo much Tiffany:)
Really appreciated all the feedbacks and opinion.

Will update u again :)

Hello Tiffanytei,

How r you been doing? I hope you are doing fine.

I am again caught into dilemma now after I were contacted by Msia embassy from Spore and after i called ICA...
Another 1.5 mths later my baby will be born and I'm headache on how to get him Msia passport within a month:(

Msia embassy told me this afternoon that since only mother is Msian, the process for baby to be Msian will be longer. Around 6mths.
Meanings to say, within this period, baby has no passport at all.
Then I asked them if no passport means baby cannot exit Spore at all and that is not allowed by Spore rule.
She told me i can just extend /apply visitor pass for my baby in order for him to stay in spore while waiting for his Msia passport....

Then i called ICA SG, the gal told me that i cant apply anything for baby if without a passport... O my gosh really!!!
What she suggested is we go down to ICA try our luck to apply "Special pass" for baby....

It's really so sad and stressful when i gotten all these kind of answers..........
how can a baby doesnt hold any citizenship and passport for length of 6 mths long??
it's crazy....

I really don't know what should i do now.....:(:(

Do you have friend who has similar case as me?
Ie, Wife is Msian but Hubby is not? And they want to apply Msian citizenship for their kid?

I really hope someone have similar case and can share with me their experience......

Any advise to me? thanks a lot:)

@RnRnr,

ok, for my case...

Hello Tiffanytei,

How r you been doing? I hope you are doing fine.

I am again caught into dilemma now after I were contacted by Msia embassy from Spore and after i called ICA...
Another 1.5 mths later my baby will be born and I'm headache on how to get him Msia passport within a month:(

Msia embassy told me this afternoon that since only mother is Msian, the process for baby to be Msian will be longer. Around 6mths.
Meanings to say, within this period, baby has no passport at all.
Then I asked them if no passport means baby cannot exit Spore at all and that is not allowed by Spore rule.
She told me i can just extend /apply visitor pass for my baby in order for him to stay in spore while waiting for his Msia passport....

Then i called ICA SG, the gal told me that i cant apply anything for baby if without a passport... O my gosh really!!!
What she suggested is we go down to ICA try our luck to apply "Special pass" for baby....

It's really so sad and stressful when i gotten all these kind of answers..........
how can a baby doesnt hold any citizenship and passport for length of 6 mths long??
it's crazy....

I really don't know what should i do now.....:(:(

Do you have friend who has similar case as me?
Ie, Wife is Msian but Hubby is not? And they want to apply Msian citizenship for their kid?

I really hope someone have similar case and can share with me their experience......

@RnRnr,

ok, for my case...

@RnRnr

I am fine, tq.
Yeah as I mentioned b4, it is difficult to get passport and SPR if 1 of the parents not msian....
So I would suggest, u go back msia give birth, bb can hv msia birth cert and is a msian...then apply msia passport in msia....
Once u got msia passport, bring bb in (using white card) and try apply SPR...probably need to wait 6 mths lo....
At least ur bb has citizenship once he/she is born....

Cheers,
Tiff

My neighbour husband sporean,wife msian SPR. She decide to give birth in jb cos everything is cheaper. Once bb born,birth cert got malaysia ic num.(done in malaysia) then he go embassy make bb passport(singapore citizen S Passport).after that. Injection she can either choose do malaysia (malaysian rate) or go back singapore(singaporean rate). I think this is good idea bcos he hold 2 citizenship now until 18 need to revoke malaysia one

Hi RnRnr,

My sister in law has same experience about that, but she tried to apply in Malaysia. She went to Putrajaya (in KL) immigration but the officer there told her need to wait 6 month if lucky till 1 year to get approval. In the meantime she made long term visa for her daughter. my sis in law's husband is non Malaysian. But then she abort the idea as the waiting time is very long and settle with long term visa only if she is visiting Malaysia for long term with her daughter.

Hi everyone:)

I am a Malaysian PR but my hubby is Malaysian non PR. We want to apply the PR for my baby. My friends told me that if the baby born in Sg and mother or father who is a PR be the baby's grantor then the baby will get the PR smooth. So is this right?
Should i give birth in Sg or Malaysia if i want to apply PR for my baby?

Hi everyone:)

I am a Malaysian PR but my hubby is Malaysian non PR. We want to apply the PR for my baby. My friends told me that if the baby born in Sg and mother or father who is a PR be the baby's grantor then the baby will get the PR smooth. So is this right?
Should i give birth in Sg or Malaysia if i want to apply PR for my baby?

If baby is born in singapore. Within 45 days bring newborn to ICA no need appointment,no need to queue can submit PR application. Sponsor is u. But must get ready malaysia passport, birth cert,borang W.

If born in malaysia. Need to go online book eappointment for pr application. Waiting time usually more than 3 mths for appointment. Submission like how u apply for pr. Within 6 mths u will hear from them sucessful or not

If baby is born in singapore. Within 45 days bring newborn to ICA no need appointment,no need to queue can submit PR application. Sponsor is u. But must get ready malaysia passport, birth cert,borang W.

If born in malaysia. Need to go online book eappointment for pr application. Waiting time usually more than 3 mths for appointment. Submission like how u apply for pr. Within 6 mths u will hear from them sucessful or not
Thanks so much Fern!

Back