IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

@shiro_ger and @snow19, I struggled with the decision of NPL and quitting. For NPL, I am not confident I have strong reasons to justify to the layers of hierarchy in my corporate world. Do such reasons stick well with bosses that are trying to get max deals cut by end of financial year? For quitting, I do need the paycheck and I can't command the same pay elsewhere due to the unique nature of my work. These two things are constantly on my mind these days. Today, I finally mustered the energy to talk to a colleague about my stress and he also said that I must decide whether the next promotion or next child will bring me more happiness. Both are not certain and both do not come with effort. Though in my line of work, promotions do come over time while babies don't :(

Bunnymuimui, i tink you really need to think it through which is more impt. If i were in your shoes and its abt giving up a promotion (not d job) to exchange for lesser work stress, my choice is very clear. But what's next if *touchwood* this cycle is not successful? How about converting to part time for say a year?

I resign from my previous job to concentrate on baby making. Heng it succeeded. Now i am on 1-yr part time coz i wanted lesser stress when i start to cycle. If it fails n i really 12 try again, i prob hve to be upfront to my boss abt me doing ivf. Tts is also d reason why i choose to join a ministry. It is more pro-family.

Bunnymuimui, i tink you really need to think it through which is more impt. If i were in your shoes and its abt giving up a promotion (not d job) to exchange for lesser work stress, my choice is very clear. But what's next if *touchwood* this cycle is not successful? How about converting to part time for say a year?

I resign from my previous job to concentrate on baby making. Heng it succeeded. Now i am on 1-yr part time coz i wanted lesser stress when i start to cycle. If it fails n i really 12 try again, i prob hve to be upfront to my boss abt me doing ivf. Tts is also d reason why i choose to join a ministry. It is more pro-family.

Hi @shiro_ger
I happened to chance upon your post.
I too gave up my work for four years for continuous Ivf.
May I know what part time u doing n how well is the pay?
I wonder if such work will b suitable for me.

Hi ladies am from the main ivf thread and decided to join here as well. Currently on letrozole treatment with dr tan for no 2. No 1 is also ivf and turning 2 this year. Hubby abit not ready but I think even if he turn 50 also wont be ready lol. If I really have to will start ivf in may.

Hi ladies am from the main ivf thread and decided to join here as well. Currently on letrozole treatment with dr tan for no 2. No 1 is also ivf and turning 2 this year. Hubby abit not ready but I think even if he turn 50 also wont be ready lol. If I really have to will start ivf in may.
I asked KKIVF other day. Fresh cycle Q is already till Apr. FET no need to queue....
What is letrozole treatment? If #1 is IVF, why are you not heading straight to IVF again? Just curious... :)

Hi, shiro_ger/ bunnymuimui/ snow19,

Have been a silent reader on this thread.. Was on the main ivf thread earlier but came in here coz I was w HH Tan for my last FET..

Like u gals, I have a daughter (coming to 3 yo -from FET). Then last Dec, I did another FEt to collect my remaining snowbabies but BFN.. :-(

I agree with wat u gals say, I m worried tt the more I wan a sibling for my gal, the more difficult the road might b.. It doesn't help tt she is the only grandchild both sides..

Ivf 1st baby stress, ivf for #2 oso stress.. Hahaha..

Anyway, I m gg fresh #2 in mar.. We muz all jiayou together yah.. :)
Jiayou @queenie122009 !

Anyone done a blastocyto transfer with Dr Tan HH?
hi there, my transfers are always Day 2. Dr Tan has not recommended Day 5 to us before.

I usually go with my doctor's recommendation. Just like going with Dr SF Loh's recommendation to put in 3 frosties before that was regulated.

Sharing -

Under the prevailing regulations (accurate as of end 2014), Singapore healthcare institutions providing IVF services are not allowed to implant more than two embryos at any one time. However, they may implant up to a maximum of three embryos if all the conditions below are met:
(a) All children conceived as a result of the IVF procedure will be delivered and care for in a hospital equipped with Level 3 neonatal intensive care facilities;
(b) The patient is at least 37 years old; and
(c) The patient has undergone at least one stimulated IVF cycle which was unsuccessful or there is no good quality embryo available.

Anyone done a blastocyto transfer with Dr Tan HH?

Hi there! For my last FET, Dr Tan recommends blasting it to D5 but i ended up transfering on Day 4. His reasons was that i have 4 more frozen, so might as well all 4 and culture it to blast (higher sucesss rate). This is also the one which i miscarry in Dec.

hi there, my transfers are always Day 2. Dr Tan has not recommended Day 5 to us before.

I usually go with my doctor's recommendation. Just like going with Dr SF Loh's recommendation to put in 3 frosties before that was regulated.

@bunnymuimui. maybe you are still young and chilled about it. I am approaching 35 and was quite worried about poorer quality after 35 (naive me!). That's why he recommends taking out all 4 and culture to blast. At least it did implant, just that din manage to carry through.

I asked KKIVF other day. Fresh cycle Q is already till Apr. FET no need to queue....
What is letrozole treatment? If #1 is IVF, why are you not heading straight to IVF again? Just curious... :)
Hi! Cos I changed docs and dr tan wants me to try natural first. Last time I jumped straight into ivf after finding out clomid doesnt work on me. So now I want to try letrozole or femara which is an alternative to clomid. Dr tan say if I respond to femara then maybe can try that first. If I dont respond then go for ivf. Thinking of booking for may. Dr tan said there are slots in feb and march so I was quite surprised when I heard from here that kkh is booked until april

@bunnymuimui. maybe you are still young and chilled about it. I am approaching 35 and was quite worried about poorer quality after 35 (naive me!). That's why he recommends taking out all 4 and culture to blast. At least it did implant, just that din manage to carry through.

KKIVF comes across as a well organized and regulated entity and I believe that the docs, not just Tan HH, follows a robust decision tree that has been formulated through the wisdom of the various docs that served at KKIVF. Then it's up to each doctor's judgement to execute.

I'm not so young and not so chilled :p I always transfer 2 frosties each time. In my last FET of my first cycle, I had 4 thaw and only 1 survived. Heart-ache... but I tell myself that's nature's selection. One KKIVF mommy (with a young child) told me that she's transferring 1 frostie each time only as there are so many external factors that could determine the success/failure of each transfer and she wants to not waste the frosties. That's another school of thought.

Hi! Cos I changed docs and dr tan wants me to try natural first. Last time I jumped straight into ivf after finding out clomid doesnt work on me. So now I want to try letrozole or femara which is an alternative to clomid. Dr tan say if I respond to femara then maybe can try that first. If I dont respond then go for ivf. Thinking of booking for may. Dr tan said there are slots in feb and march so I was quite surprised when I heard from here that kkh is booked until april
mqiu, that queue info is accurate as of 23 Jan. Not sure if still valid...

Hi shiro hope u dun mind I add my 2 cents worth. I'm considered young by dr tan to go for ivf but my last ivf showed that even younger ladies can have lauya quality eggs. Retrieved 14 but only 3 made it in the end.

KKIVF comes across as a well organized and regulated entity and I believe that the docs, not just Tan HH, follows a robust decision tree that has been formulated through the wisdom of the various docs that served at KKIVF. Then it's up to each doctor's judgement to execute.

I'm not so young and not so chilled :p I always transfer 2 frosties each time. In my last FET of my first cycle, I had 4 thaw and only 1 survived. Heart-ache... but I tell myself that's nature's selection. One KKIVF mommy (with a young child) told me that she's transferring 1 frostie each time only as there are so many external factors that could determine the success/failure of each transfer and she wants to not waste the frosties. That's another school of thought.
Hi bunny! Actually if it were me I might choose to transfer 1 only. I experienced heavy bleeding at the start of my 3rd tri, put on semi bedrest, hospitalised 2 times for premature labor then finally forced to deliver 6 weeks early. If 1 bb like that, twins how?? Twins normally earlier!! So I'm very very scared of even going thru ivf again but children are all worth it.

Hi shiro hope u dun mind I add my 2 cents worth. I'm considered young by dr tan to go for ivf but my last ivf showed that even younger ladies can have lauya quality eggs. Retrieved 14 but only 3 made it in the end.

Yo mqiu. This platform is for all of us to share. Feel free to add 2-cents, 3-cents etc. LOL. Though i am approaching 35, actually Dr Tan said i am still young for this. He said 35 is relative figure and was used as a benchmark for research years ago. But it does not mean that age beyond 35 would definitely yield poor quality eggs or low AMH. That's why he told me no need to rush if i fail 1 cycle. For my last fresh, i yield 16 eggs, of which 12 fertilised. I guess that was because he increased the dosage for me?

Hi bunny! Actually if it were me I might choose to transfer 1 only. I experienced heavy bleeding at the start of my 3rd tri, put on semi bedrest, hospitalised 2 times for premature labor then finally forced to deliver 6 weeks early. If 1 bb like that, twins how?? Twins normally earlier!! So I'm very very scared of even going thru ivf again but children are all worth it.

I think now the protocol is for Dr to confirm with patients if they want to transfer 1 or 2 embryos before the actual transfer. I always opt for 2 but in my last FET, though i transferred 1, it split to 2. Need to be very careful when we make the choice. Though chances is higher if we transfer 2, need to be prepared that it will split and may end up having 4 beanies at one go.

Hi @bunnymuimui
From my experience, majority of embryos do not make it to day 5 -blastocysts.
Only the fittest survive till that stage.
Most drs do not suggest that as you may end up with nothing to transfer
That will be really devastating as you are deprived of opportunity to et.
However there's another school of thought- if your embryo doesn't go to day 5, it will not be viable in your womb too.

I think now the protocol is for Dr to confirm with patients if they want to transfer 1 or 2 embryos before the actual transfer. I always opt for 2 but in my last FET, though i transferred 1, it split to 2. Need to be very careful when we make the choice. Though chances is higher if we transfer 2, need to be prepared that it will split and may end up having 4 beanies at one go.
Hi @shiro_ger
Am not aware of your current status. So since your embryo split, are you expecting twins now?

Hi, I'm new to this thread. I had a BFN on fresh cycle two months ago, and currently waiting to do my frozen cycle next month (which I only had 1 embie). Was wondering if endo scratch will help and appreciate if anyone can share their experience/success with endo scratch.

Is it better to do endo scratch on a fresh cycle? What's the cost of the endo scratch and when are we suppose to do it?

Hi, I'm new to this thread. I had a BFN on fresh cycle two months ago, and currently waiting to do my frozen cycle next month (which I only had 1 embie). Was wondering if endo scratch will help and appreciate if anyone can share their experience/success with endo scratch.

Is it better to do endo scratch on a fresh cycle? What's the cost of the endo scratch and when are we suppose to do it?

@Sonique2001

I did endo scratch but did not succeed until the second FET.
No harm doing if cost is reasonable.
However, my dr did tell me that the benefits of scratch is gd for 6 mths
So my advice is that you do it at the time that it will still be "valid" for your next fresh cycle shld your FET fails (touchwood).

Just went for my 1st scan for fet. Womb lining only 4.5mm. Gonna increase my progynova to 4 tablets a day and next scan is next tues~

@ashley11 Thanks Ashley. Did you do with Dr HH Tan as well and what is the cost? I'm planning to call and ask him if this is suitable for me. I just felt a little disheartened because there is only 1 embie left and I know many people say - it may just take that one good one to succeed. I also will worry whether the embbie will survive the thaw.

Just wanted to prepare myself as much as I can before I got for the FET.

@ashley11 Thanks Ashley. Did you do with Dr HH Tan as well and what is the cost? I'm planning to call and ask him if this is suitable for me. I just felt a little disheartened because there is only 1 embie left and I know many people say - it may just take that one good one to succeed. I also will worry whether the embbie will survive the thaw.

Just wanted to prepare myself as much as I can before I got for the FET.

No I didn't do with dr tan, I did it overseas during the hysteroscopy check.
Btw, you mean you have a number to reach him?
Can share?

Sharing -

Under the prevailing regulations (accurate as of end 2014), Singapore healthcare institutions providing IVF services are not allowed to implant more than two embryos at any one time. However, they may implant up to a maximum of three embryos if all the conditions below are met:
(a) All children conceived as a result of the IVF procedure will be delivered and care for in a hospital equipped with Level 3 neonatal intensive care facilities;
(b) The patient is at least 37 years old; and
(c) The patient has undergone at least one stimulated IVF cycle which was unsuccessful or there is no good quality embryo available.

Hi, bunnymuimui,
Thanks for the sharing.. Coz I m gg to fit into this category soon, though I hope I don't hv to utilise tis option.. Turning 37 year end.. :)

I didn't know tt they ll allow if patients only 1 bfn.. I thought they wld only allow after couple bfn..

My BFP FET which resulted in my daughter now - I put in 3 coz tt was juz bef the regulation steps in..

But then again, reading shiro_ger's post on the split, aha.. reali need to give some thoughts in tis decision.. But kkh stores embryos in pairs right?

mqiu, that queue info is accurate as of 23 Jan. Not sure if still valid...

I tink bunnymuimui is right abt the Q info. When I make appt in early jan to book my fresh, Dr Tan says anytime ok coz I m not a new patient.. Sekali, kkivf called me persistently (I missed their calls twice coz of meetings) juz to tell me, can't do in feb, earliest was mar then.. & tt is in early jan. So not surprised now the Q is til apr le..

I tink bunnymuimui is right abt the Q info. When I make appt in early jan to book my fresh, Dr Tan says anytime ok coz I m not a new patient.. Sekali, kkivf called me persistently (I missed their calls twice coz of meetings) juz to tell me, can't do in feb, earliest was mar then.. & tt is in early jan. So not surprised now the Q is til apr le..
Hmm prob the nurses and administrators would know better. Ok thanks ladies. I will make appt the next time I see dr tan in feb. Hopefully can get for may or june

Hi, bunnymuimui,
Thanks for the sharing.. Coz I m gg to fit into this category soon, though I hope I don't hv to utilise tis option.. Turning 37 year end.. :)

I didn't know tt they ll allow if patients only 1 bfn.. I thought they wld only allow after couple bfn..

My BFP FET which resulted in my daughter now - I put in 3 coz tt was juz bef the regulation steps in..

But then again, reading shiro_ger's post on the split, aha.. reali need to give some thoughts in tis decision.. But kkh stores embryos in pairs right?

What are the odds?
I'm also turning 37 year end and have a little princess with BFP FET from 3 frosties.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that.
But I think I see that u hv your LO at 4 years old?
Are u planning next fresh?

@ashley11, my LO is 2yo this end. Am planning to start fresh cycle soon, but have to clear Dr Tan coz i just did D&C in Dec. Have to regulate AF b4 i can start. Seeing him on Wed, hopes he give clearance coz the Q is sooo long.

Hi Ladies,

I have seen Dr Tan on the 21st Jan and he told me the IVF centre will call me to fix a date for my fresh cycle but now i still have not get a call from them. Should i call and ask or wait for them to call? I hope to get a date in Mar thou.

Also, im doing long protocol this time. Anyone is doing the same as well? As Dr Tan is abit rush the last appt due to a C-sec ops waiting for him he told me to take the medication starting D21.
My menses started yesterday late night so i consider today is D1? Also, do i only take the medication after they fixed the appt with me??

Hi Ladies,

I have seen Dr Tan on the 21st Jan and he told me the IVF centre will call me to fix a date for my fresh cycle but now i still have not get a call from them. Should i call and ask or wait for them to call? I hope to get a date in Mar thou.

Also, im doing long protocol this time. Anyone is doing the same as well? As Dr Tan is abit rush the last appt due to a C-sec ops waiting for him he told me to take the medication starting D21.
My menses started yesterday late night so i consider today is D1? Also, do i only take the medication after they fixed the appt with me??

@wondersss, you can call KKIVF to check on the schedule if Dr Tan has given the green light to start ivf and has issued a memo to ivf centre.

Out of curiosity, was Dr Tan the one to propose long protocol? My friend told me that Dr Tan usually recommends short protocol. I went through short protocol in my last fresh coz i requested for it. Am considering long protocol and am wondering what is the difference other than the type of jabs we use and the frequency of scans.

@wondersss, you can call KKIVF to check on the schedule if Dr Tan has given the green light to start ivf and has issued a memo to ivf centre.

Out of curiosity, was Dr Tan the one to propose long protocol? My friend told me that Dr Tan usually recommends short protocol. I went through short protocol in my last fresh coz i requested for it. Am considering long protocol and am wondering what is the difference other than the type of jabs we use and the frequency of scans.

Long protocol is they will give u different type of medicine n ask u to jab urself then they will ask u to go back scan Abt 2 weeks later.

Long protocol is they will give u different type of medicine n ask u to jab urself then they will ask u to go back scan Abt 2 weeks later.
Oh I was also wondering. The previous ivf I did was private, and I thought the difference is that for long protocol u do downregulation, means suppress ovulation for a month. So I took.bcp for 1 month before stim. But seems like some hosp get u to inject lucrin or something instead of bcp.

Want to check the nurse told me after ET for fet, there is only 3 days HL. Does Dr Tan give HL till BT if we request for it?

Due to my low AMH, Dr Tan proposed long protocol for me as i did not respond to the letrozole treatment as well. Therefore he scared we cannot yield eggs.

Hi All, after following this forum (though is for mummies and mummies to be) though start joining as well but i hope to be a papa to be not mama. Started seeing Doc Tan and will embark soon the journey, me and the mrs had been trying quite hard for the last year and no luck, chinese tried, pray also pray but every time the monthly results was disappointing.

With age catching up on myself and both my mrs and i like children, we decided to go for it and check out whats the root cause. mrs will be due for check up during her next mthly cycle. Wondering what is this about, of cos myself will be the guy check up also.

Thanks all

Hi All, after following this forum (though is for mummies and mummies to be) though start joining as well but i hope to be a papa to be not mama. Started seeing Doc Tan and will embark soon the journey, me and the mrs had been trying quite hard for the last year and no luck, chinese tried, pray also pray but every time the monthly results was disappointing.

With age catching up on myself and both my mrs and i like children, we decided to go for it and check out whats the root cause. mrs will be due for check up during her next mthly cycle. Wondering what is this about, of cos myself will be the guy check up also.

Thanks all
Hi! Have u seen dr tan already? Normally I thought that if it is unclear what is the root cause first visit you and ur wife will need to do some scans and blood tests will be ordered to see whats the underlying problem. For me I have pcos which can be seen from a scan. Underlying reason from blood test is hormone inbalance.

Hi! Have u seen dr tan already? Normally I thought that if it is unclear what is the root cause first visit you and ur wife will need to do some scans and blood tests will be ordered to see whats the underlying problem. For me I have pcos which can be seen from a scan. Underlying reason from blood test is hormone inbalance.

-Yeap seen already schedule for next mth end for the test crossing finger hopefully is nothing major, do not really wish to see mrs being depress again. The mthly nature cycle for the last 2 was quite disappointing for both of us when the signs was strong and suddenly the "auntie" just decided to visit again. Of course being an old man already i too bear partly of the problem. By the way wat is PCOS?

Same as mi lol

-Yeap seen already schedule for next mth end for the test crossing finger hopefully is nothing major, do not really wish to see mrs being depress again. The mthly nature cycle for the last 2 was quite disappointing for both of us when the signs was strong and suddenly the "auntie" just decided to visit again. Of course being an old man already i too bear partly of the problem. By the way wat is PCOS?
pcos is polycystic ovarian symptom. Have lots of follicles but no good eggs. Just stay positive! Might have to prepare for a long wait esp if kkh cos booking appts is crazy. Dr thh is booked all the way to mid march, not to mention the ivf slots are fully booked until april.

Back