(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Hi ladies, my boy is just slightly over a week old. So far, he has been feeding quite a lot and I'm worried if I'm overfeeding him cuz stimes there's spit ups and stimes he will look pretty uncomfy after eating. He currently eats around 80ml per feed, every 2.5 - 3hours. If I were to reduce the amount, he would not be satisfied and would be turning all around to search for the nipple. Some would tell me to feed until baby is satisfied (but 80ml is a lot to me) but some say that babies wouldn't know they are full and would keep feeding since it is offered to them. Any opinion from you ladies?

Are there anyone whose LO is around the same week of development and feeding around the same amount too?

My lo is taking 80ml every 2.5hrs too.. and he wakes up timely for his feed. I guess it shld be fine.

Reactions: omj

@PTB7674 - oops think now my LO turn to constipate...no poo in sight since yesterday evening. What FM brand are you supplementing at night feed?

This bra is a lifesaver for me!! Allow me to multitask...

I should look into it.. I just got a double pump and I couldn't figure out how to do it, lol, cos both hands need to hold bottles? Then control suction also difficult cos need to put down one side? Also cannot do other things! At least w my single pump my other hand can play w my phone or eat... Thought it will help save time but now I abit -_-;;

20-25 mins

i am feeding enfamil ...lolz you can try the massage u taught me cos it really works lor ... and this morning already back to automode lolz
I massage once le.. Cuz i just change to Nan pro yesterday n She only had two small servings ... Was thinking if the change is so drastic ....

Fm once open can keep for hw long?
3wks to max 1 month

I massage once le.. Cuz i just change to Nan pro yesterday n She only had two small servings ... Was thinking if the change is so drastic ....
maybe she not used to the changes bah
for me i din change fm but more like switching full fm at night instead of partial lolz
when cl around ..it is ebm 1st half of night and 2nd half is fm hehehe

I should look into it.. I just got a double pump and I couldn't figure out how to do it, lol, cos both hands need to hold bottles? Then control suction also difficult cos need to put down one side? Also cannot do other things! At least w my single pump my other hand can play w my phone or eat... Thought it will help save time but now I abit -_-;;

Hv the same tot as u but when start work and need pumping during office hr, I kind of regret nt getting a double pump as single pump takes longer to pump

should buy lah, i dread pumping milk the first 2 weeks coz need to hold. So I went to buy simple wish bra. Indeed simple wish, coz I just wish that I have 2 hands free to do things lol

should buy lah, i dread pumping milk the first 2 weeks coz need to hold. So I went to buy simple wish bra. Indeed simple wish, coz I just wish that I have 2 hands free to do things lol
Where to get it? It's very hard to balance two bottles cos if one side not sucking, the other side will also lose suction.. And also my bb likes to cry when Im expressing..-_-

i tend to sleep when i express and sometimes the bottle falls and OMG. i feel like slapping myself!

I realize hot water is also v important to wash babies stuff too, my pump too, so getting my hubs to change to a storage water heater so i can get more hot water supply at home… Any suggestions?

i tend to sleep when i express and sometimes the bottle falls and OMG. i feel like slapping myself!

I realize hot water is also v important to wash babies stuff too, my pump too, so getting my hubs to change to a storage water heater so i can get more hot water supply at home… Any suggestions?
I too pump and doze off. Wake up by the wetness on my bed and realise milk is all over. Sigh.

Even if it's only drink once?
Yes regretfully
But some parent close one eye cos these infant fm ain't cheap

Lolz that is why the kiam me will feel fm at night

1st not to waste the fm which is open when supply not enuff
2nd bb more filling in fm at night
3rd bb sleep longer = free me and allow me to sleep or pump

haiz if latch 15 mins then sleep for 3 hours I dun mind leh, but hor my boy latch 15mins fall asleep then 1 hour later cry for milk again. Very sianz
That means that 15ins he din drink Enuff

Same like my gal so I chose to pump and feed cos I can monitor how much she drink

Every hr latch will drive me crazy and not productive imho

Those mummies pumping, do u squeeze your breast while pumping? This way really can pump out more milk.

Those mummies using freemies, is it gd? Was thinking to buy that to use in office while working. Can my colleague (Malay guy) sitting beside me hear the motor running? Since its hidden underneath our clothes, so I can't squeeze my breast and see hw much the cup is filled?

Yes regretfully
But some parent close one eye cos these infant fm ain't cheap

Lolz that is why the kiam me will feel fm at night

1st not to waste the fm which is open when supply not enuff
2nd bb more filling in fm at night
3rd bb sleep longer = free me and allow me to sleep or pump

You think I can give my 3yr old boy drink the newborn fm? Since same brand but different stage

That means that 15ins he din drink Enuff

Same like my gal so I chose to pump and feed cos I can monitor how much she drink

Every hr latch will drive me crazy and not productive imho
i dun do that at night, i do that during the day lol if not I also will go crazy

Those mummies pumping, do u squeeze your breast while pumping? This way really can pump out more milk.

Those mummies using freemies, is it gd? Was thinking to buy that to use in office while working. Can my colleague (Malay guy) sitting beside me hear the motor running? Since its hidden underneath our clothes, so I can't squeeze my breast and see hw much the cup is filled?
Hand express at times cuz can feel lumps... So sometimes i Hand express a little first n squeeze mt nipples before the pump proper... Nipples will also block if just use pump...

Haha i also doze off during pumping... So far haven drop the milk yet... Phew... Hopefully wont..

haiz if latch 15 mins then sleep for 3 hours I dun mind leh, but hor my boy latch 15mins fall asleep then 1 hour later cry for milk again. Very sianz

Ya I get you... I tired of latching, i latch for the sake of bonding, most times I pump out but every 2hrs she hungry, my ebm not enough to feed, just have to top up with fm. Midnight feeds I also fm....

Ya I get you... I tired of latching, i latch for the sake of bonding, most times I pump out but every 2hrs she hungry, my ebm not enough to feed, just have to top up with fm. Midnight feeds I also fm....

Anyone who have natural birth in Kkh or gleneagles hospital and given a maternity pad that has like a cooling thing. It's like those light stick where u break the seal n it becomes cold n u wear it as the pad. the cold helps to reduce swelling down there. May I know the brand? Thanks.
coldpad.jpg

Ahh I took a photo of it coz after I discharge I got my hubby to purchase it from the pharmacy to use at home too. If I recall correctly it's about $23+ for the box. From KKH

Haha i also doze off during pumping... So far haven drop the milk yet... Phew... Hopefully wont..

I dropped my milk on my 5th day... and I teared, lol. Cause not a lot milk and then I still drop, super angry with myself *literally crying over spilled milk* :(

I dropped my milk on my 5th day... and I teared, lol. Cause not a lot milk and then I still drop, super angry with myself *literally crying over spilled milk* :(
Two days ago, i left my yield on dining table.. Then my bro in law while helping him self with his lunch, he accidentally knocked over my bottles, luckily not all spelling but still... xin tong!!!

You think I can give my 3yr old boy drink the newborn fm? Since same brand but different stage
huh? please don't hor their ingredients are diff

i no need to latch to bond cos almost every night before 12 she make sure we bond with her aka carry her lolz

I doze off when latching baby at night or wee morning a few times then jerk awake. Sometimes worried I will drop baby...
that is why i make sure i feed on bed in case i drop :p

I doze off when latching baby at night or wee morning a few times then jerk awake. Sometimes worried I will drop baby...
U try to latch lying down instead. U don't have to worry abt dropping bb n can have some eye shutter as well. It's a lot easier n less taxing on our back n shoulder

hahaha same.. i will doze off while latching baby in wee hours... use nursing pillow? less strength required and baby can rest on the pillow

U try to latch lying down instead. U don't have to worry abt dropping bb n can have some eye shutter as well. It's a lot easier n less taxing on our back n shoulder

Haha I do that too.. Sometimes when the milk flow too fast it will flow out from bb mouth..
Also be careful don't suffocate bb

I will.massage arnd my breast so that more milk.comin out. Lol actually it help abit wor. :)

Me too. Cos cable too long, i trip n the whole pump spill. Im so angry with myself cos i got limited milk. :(

Whole day my bb refused to sleep. At most she sleeps for 15 to 30 min. Wants me to carry her..She just fell asleep at abt 6pm :(

Haha I do that too.. Sometimes when the milk flow too fast it will flow out from bb mouth..
Also be careful don't suffocate bb
Wow u Muz hav v good supply. My milk nv flow too fast, in fact think bb having trouble emptying my breast. He latch until v frustrated today. Suckle awhile then keep crying. Have been increasing my pumping session instead of DL

Whole day my bb refused to sleep. At most she sleeps for 15 to 30 min. Wants me to carry her..She just fell asleep at abt 6pm :(

Diaper wet? Hungry? Stomach nt feelin well?. Mine oso play frm 5pm till 6+ than fall aslp. Usually midnite he will wake up every 2 hrs for milk but intake only 30-50ml. Noon he slp longer. Omg. He mixed up day n nite..lol

Diaper wet? Hungry? Stomach nt feelin well?. Mine oso play frm 5pm till 6+ than fall aslp. Usually midnite he will wake up every 2 hrs for milk but intake only 30-50ml. Noon he slp longer. Omg. He mixed up day n nite..lol
Almost same as mine !! That is why I trying to correct her now .. Beh tahan night time 2am then can sleep and yet have to wake up for pumping and feeding .. Very shiong

Hehe, I try before, v shiok but i fell asleep cos too comfy. Then thot what if me and baby both fell asleep then i hurt him? :eek:

Maybe nvr burp well? Mine gets cranky n dont wanna sleep if not burped well.Try burping n burping n burping. Might work.

Diaper changed. Milk fed. Probably gassy..but she just hates to be put down. I carry her she fall asleep. Put down n she wakes up n cries.. how long do ur bbs nap for? Few hours each stretch? Mine at most half hour lately..v shiong

Back