Premature babies support group

Have you heard about the Snuza Portable Movement Monitors that can help to give parents a peace of mind? The flagship product, Snuza Hero, is a mobile and easy-to-use movement monitor which clips onto baby's diaper to ensure that normal movement is maintained. Hero detects even the slightest movement and will alert you if your baby's movements are very weak or fall to less than 8 movements per minute. Snuza Hero is widely popular among parents worldwide and is available for sale in Singapore at Tadgets, http://www.tadgets.com/snuza-hero.html.

Hope this product can help relieve some stress for new parents here.
hero-revised-lr.jpg

My 2kids are premature due to my health
#1 31 weeks
#2 33 weeks

But #1 premature doesn't means #2 will be
It Depends on the situation.
I knows of frds who managed to have full term baby.

Hi everyone.. Im new here.. I just search IUGR n came to this forum. Anyone with IUGR babies willing to share your experience with me?

Currently 32weeks+3days, just went for checkup on Monday & doctor broke the heartbreaking news :( little angel weighing only 1.03kg. She hasnt been growing since the last apptment 3weeks ago n infact i hadnt been putting on any weight also eversince. My doctor immediately refer me to KKH n made an urgent apptment this coming monday (9march) advising me to get mentally prepared for C-sect in case there would be no improvements, for the better of little angel. Im so devastated but still holding on for hope. :(

Hi everyone.. Im new here.. I just search IUGR n came to this forum. Anyone with IUGR babies willing to share your experience with me?

Currently 32weeks+3days, just went for checkup on Monday & doctor broke the heartbreaking news :( little angel weighing only 1.03kg. She hasnt been growing since the last apptment 3weeks ago n infact i hadnt been putting on any weight also eversince. My doctor immediately refer me to KKH n made an urgent apptment this coming monday (9march) advising me to get mentally prepared for C-sect in case there would be no improvements, for the better of little angel. Im so devastated but still holding on for hope. :(

Hi aizakuchinta,
My baby was born at 25 weeks + 2 days and her weight was 470g. I have IGUR and preeclampsia.

She is still in kkh NICU, currently 3rd mth there. doctors tried extubation on her twice but unsuccessful. She is currently 1.4kg and doctors want to concentrate on her weight gain now. She also has ROP stage 2 zone 2.

Hi all. Im week 32.
From 830pm i have been feeling hardening of the tummy and i ignored it thinking it was braxton.
At aprox 1030pm it didnt go away so i check myself in to kkh expecting to me told to go home.
But i didnt expect when they told me it was contractions and i got admitted.

Since 2am until now 5am, i have regular painful period type contractions every 3 min.
But doc says im not dilated n they are not gg to induce me. They just ask me to be prepared for preterm labour.
But im.not dilated yet.

Help or any advice ?.

Hi all. Im week 32.
From 830pm i have been feeling hardening of the tummy and i ignored it thinking it was braxton.
At aprox 1030pm it didnt go away so i check myself in to kkh expecting to me told to go home.
But i didnt expect when they told me it was contractions and i got admitted.

Since 2am until now 5am, i have regular painful period type contractions every 3 min.
But doc says im not dilated n they are not gg to induce me. They just ask me to be prepared for preterm labour.
But im.not dilated yet.

Help or any advice ?.
Hi mommymich,
I was going through a similar experience as you 3 weeks ago. Till now my gynae was not able to give me a reason as to why it happened.
I am currently 31 weeks and 4 days. At 28 weeks, I also felt my womb harden and mild contractions which I thought was BH. Then on a Saturday afternoon, the contractions became more regular and intense and I could feel BB moving downwards. I ignored it and it got worse on Saturday night when the intensity got worse and frequency became shorter. Almost every 5 minutes, I could feel the contractions and I would rate it a 5-6 upon 10 in terms of pain level.
I finally got warded at NUH at the wee hours and they were monitoring my contractions using a machine and confirmed that they were indeed REAL contractions which gave me a shock! I wasn't dilated as well. I must say the check on dilation was super unpleasant and left me spotting for the next couple of days. I was then prescribed what they commonly referred to as Adalat (nifedipine) which needs to be taken every 6 hourly 4 times a day which I am still taking to control the contractions. I was also given two jabs of steroid in order to quickly develop the lungs of BB. There are side effects to mummy on this medication such as palpitations, dizziness and heartburn but I got used to them so long BB is ok. I was made to stay for a day for observation and every few hours I was woken up to take blood pressure n medication that I could hardly sleep. After I was discharged, I went for my OGTT and I failed :( despite the fact I do not have a sweet tooth and neither am I overweight.
Now on top of managing my contractions, I have an important task to manage my GDM diet and monitor my blood sugar level. It's never easy but trust me you will overcome all if you keep a positive lookout. I constantly talk to my BB and asked him to be strong and not to come out too soon to see me. My growth scan done last week also showed my BB is slightly smaller compared to others and my gynae told me that high chance it will be preterm and induced. I being through alot of episodes since my first trimester with occasional spotting/bleeding and I told myself since we've come so far, this is not going get me down. In fact due to all these, I am better prepared and got all ready with hospital bag packed and his clothes n stuff washed and packed neatly. Now I am just crossing my fingers and hope he would stay longer to gain more weight. I think it boils down to my age (I am 35) and possibly irregular meals and GDM that lead to the contractions. Whatever it is, I hope all the best for u and anyone out there who are going through similar experiences.

Hi mommymich,
I was going through a similar experience as you 3 weeks ago. Till now my gynae was not able to give me a reason as to why it happened.
I am currently 31 weeks and 4 days. At 28 weeks, I also felt my womb harden and mild contractions which I thought was BH. Then on a Saturday afternoon, the contractions became more regular and intense and I could feel BB moving downwards. I ignored it and it got worse on Saturday night when the intensity got worse and frequency became shorter. Almost every 5 minutes, I could feel the contractions and I would rate it a 5-6 upon 10 in terms of pain level.
I finally got warded at NUH at the wee hours and they were monitoring my contractions using a machine and confirmed that they were indeed REAL contractions which gave me a shock! I wasn't dilated as well. I must say the check on dilation was super unpleasant and left me spotting for the next couple of days. I was then prescribed what they commonly referred to as Adalat (nifedipine) which needs to be taken every 6 hourly 4 times a day which I am still taking to control the contractions. I was also given two jabs of steroid in order to quickly develop the lungs of BB. There are side effects to mummy on this medication such as palpitations, dizziness and heartburn but I got used to them so long BB is ok. I was made to stay for a day for observation and every few hours I was woken up to take blood pressure n medication that I could hardly sleep. After I was discharged, I went for my OGTT and I failed :( despite the fact I do not have a sweet tooth and neither am I overweight.
Now on top of managing my contractions, I have an important task to manage my GDM diet and monitor my blood sugar level. It's never easy but trust me you will overcome all if you keep a positive lookout. I constantly talk to my BB and asked him to be strong and not to come out too soon to see me. My growth scan done last week also showed my BB is slightly smaller compared to others and my gynae told me that high chance it will be preterm and induced. I being through alot of episodes since my first trimester with occasional spotting/bleeding and I told myself since we've come so far, this is not going get me down. In fact due to all these, I am better prepared and got all ready with hospital bag packed and his clothes n stuff washed and packed neatly. Now I am just crossing my fingers and hope he would stay longer to gain more weight. I think it boils down to my age (I am 35) and possibly irregular meals and GDM that lead to the contractions. Whatever it is, I hope all the best for u and anyone out there who are going through similar experiences.

I was on adalat too but i rejected as i felt that bb was not moving so much everytime i take them. I took the 2 steriod jabs too. It killed me totally. Cried in pain.
So now im off all sorts of painkillers so can only endure the pain.

I dont have GD though. Wonder why it happen to me. Im still in the hospital sadly. Hoping to discharge tmr

I was on adalat too but i rejected as i felt that bb was not moving so much everytime i take them. I took the 2 steriod jabs too. It killed me totally. Cried in pain.
So now im off all sorts of painkillers so can only endure the pain.

I dont have GD though. Wonder why it happen to me. Im still in the hospital sadly. Hoping to discharge tmr
Hope u get discharged soon and jiayou. Just to let u know Adalat is ok for BB, i am on that for a couple of weeks, BB still active but it really helps alot with the contractions though it has some unpleasant side effects on me. Don't feel sad, there's really no reason why it happened. I remembered I was weeping late at night during my hospital stay then I quickly stopped coz I realise crying can and being emotional seems to aggravate the contractions.

Hope u get discharged soon and jiayou. Just to let u know Adalat is ok for BB, i am on that for a couple of weeks, BB still active but it really helps alot with the contractions though it has some unpleasant side effects on me. Don't feel sad, there's really no reason why it happened. I remembered I was weeping late at night during my hospital stay then I quickly stopped coz I realise crying can and being emotional seems to aggravate the contractions.

Yea after i discharged, everytime i get agitated or emotional, the contractions come

Hihi may I know if I deliver at w33 or w34, how many days will my baby need to stay in the NICU? I wanted to booked a one bedder now that my gynae told me I am a high risk of pre-term, I am pretty confused if I should downgrade to a B ward.

Hi ladies joining you gals here..I've just given birth prematurely on 1st June and one of my twin is 1.7kg..can add me in your fb group?

Can add me too? My second baby was given birth at 36 weeks but low birth weight at 2kg. Currently on total fm Nan pro but I dun see her distinctive weight increase.. Currently at 4 mths, her weight is about 5.5kg only and 2 episodes of cough and flu :( is it true that even a slightest premature baby will be easily sick?

Hi, can add me to the fb closed group? My girl was born at 31 weeks, n we r hopeful that she will discharge this weekend. So need a support group to discuss on what's beyond life after hospital. Thanks!

[email protected]

Hi, can add me to the closed FB group? My girl is born on week 34+2 gestation on aug 27 2015 due to early rapture of water bag,
She was in nicu for a week and currently under observation in the normal ward. We are still waiting for her To go home.

My email is [email protected]

julbee74,
My #2 boy failed his 1st hearing test at TMC on his left ear. We went to KKH ENT for 2nd opinion after a few mth later and he pass..
happy.gif

Costa,
Shake hand with u la.. Both my boys v v v picky on food too.. And they only luv junk food.. Headache when come to meal..

dewberry,
My #1 boy was born 1.5kg at 34wker. Discharged 21days later at SCN, same as ur gal, he has no issue except to gain weight during his hosp stay. Think the demanding for milk is depend on the bb not on whether he/she is a premmie. Cos my boy during infant time, he demand milk zhun zhun every 3hrly. And he didnt like to nap
happy.gif
Hi, I am facing the same suitation as you. My son failed the hearing test for his left ear. May I know what test u did at Kkh?

better buy preemie bodysuits or sleepsuits that easily open, can see at Tiny Babies online store but i agree don't buy too many.

Back