How Contraction feels?

mummyT

Anyone know how does contraction feels
? I will be due in 2 weeks and the doc ask me to go to the hospital if i have contraction every 5 min / bleeding / water bag burst . And now i am having some tightening feel at my stomach and abdomen area but idk if ita contraction or every pregnant woman will get it in late pregnancy . So any kind mums willing to share the feeling ? Thanks

Anyone know how does contraction feels
? I will be due in 2 weeks and the doc ask me to go to the hospital if i have contraction every 5 min / bleeding / water bag burst . And now i am having some tightening feel at my stomach and abdomen area but idk if ita contraction or every pregnant woman will get it in late pregnancy . So any kind mums willing to share the feeling ? Thanks
If it's contractions you will just know it :) when I first experienced contractions, they were coming at abt 8 min apart and super painful. Basically the tightening made me super uncomfy and almost unable to do anything but lie in bed. When everyone told me I will know when it comes I didn't quite believe..but it's true.. All the best! :)

I din feel much contractions till 5cm then I took epidural haha.

It felt like menses cramp but 100x more painful and as you dilate, the contractions get more n more frequent. The nurses told me the ideal is 2-3min between contractions.

1-3cm was bearable, after doc burst my water bag and put me on oxytocin drip, I can feel it intensify. Haha

I never experienced menses cramp before, therefore when i had contractions it felt like extreme tummy ache (laosai) whereby the poo (baby in fact) just cannot come out... With all the equipments strapped all over the tummy, cannot even curl up.. Its an experience that we have to go thru to understand what our mums had been too...haha.
Hoping i wont need epidural this time round...*cross finger*

@furbee, so lucky. Never experience menses cramp b4 :)

I only felt the Ls feeling when they ask me to clear my bowels.. haha.
Agreed with some many things strap to us it's impossible to curl up or find a comfortable position.

Have you felt Braxton Hicks contraction before? It is quite similar... I had contraction for 5hrs b4 I know it was contractions!

My contractions at 38 weeks + 4 days when I delivered was more intense than the braxton hicks contractions that I had previously, and they came quite regularly from 30 minutes apart and eventually consistently 5 minutes apart and that was when I made my way to the hospital with my hubby. When I was lying down on the bed in the hospital for monitoring, my water bag burst about 20 minutes later and the nurse say I was definitely going to deliver on that day :) When I was pushed to the delivery suite I was told that I was already 3cm dilated

If you are not sure it is better you go to the hospital to check for an ease of mind.

My contractions at 38 weeks + 4 days when I delivered was more intense than the braxton hicks contractions that I had previously, and they came quite regularly from 30 minutes apart and eventually consistently 5 minutes apart and that was when I made my way to the hospital with my hubby. When I was lying down on the bed in the hospital for monitoring, my water bag burst about 20 minutes later and the nurse say I was definitely going to deliver on that day :) When I was pushed to the delivery suite I was told that I was already 3cm dilated

If you are not sure it is better you go to the hospital to check for an ease of mind.
Thanks alot for sharing ☺

"Labour Day" signs
- call your doctor when your contractions are 10 to 15 minutes apart.
- Real contractions: You can time them. "When contractions are five to seven minutes apart for at least an hour, with each one just as intense as the last, you're in labor,"
- lose plug: bloody show
- waterbag burst: A gush or a persistent trickle of musty fluid is a major sign that your membranes have ruptured and that labor has begun.
- Note the color of the fluid and the status of your Group B strep test, which most obstetricians perform in the last month of pregnancy. If the fluid is clear and your Group B strep test is negative, that's a good sign that everything's normal. On the other hand, if your Group B strep test is positive and/or the fluid is brown or green, your doctor will probably advise you to head to the hospital right away because it could be a sign of fetal distress or of the need to have the baby monitored closely
- Diarrhea
- The urge to nest is a primal urge to make sure there is a safe place for baby to be after birth, so don’t ignore it, but don’t overdo it either.
- lower back pain, very mild period-like pains (the niggly kind that you can get when you are due to start your period)
- a sudden drop in height of your baby bump and the urge to empty your bowels

In my week 31 now, have contractions (I suppose) which I can say is quite painful (as my pain threshold is low) for straight 30 mins. After a hr or so, came again - 30 mins of painful contractions.
Is this normal ? Pls advise.

In my week 31 now, have contractions (I suppose) which I can say is quite painful (as my pain threshold is low) for straight 30 mins. After a hr or so, came again - 30 mins of painful contractions.
Is this normal ? Pls advise.

Is this ur first baby? My first babe, 30 mins lasted very long can say abt 18h or more... It will gradually be more frequent and stronger if its really contractions. Go to the hospital if the timing is abt 15mins apart. By then u shud be dilated ald...

Back