(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

that time i tried fernugeek, too gassy for me. Haven't tried any since. Yesterday drank avocado with apple, my midnight pump yield increased.
Yes, it makes you gassy!!! Other known food for increase milk supply - eat rolled oats!

Hahah... I'm using pisa , but thinking to ask Hb to check out the price in Korea , if cheaper will ask him to get there for me . Cos I think my pisa a bit Siao Siao Liao ...

Now I using avent manual pump which I find is faster. 10 mins can get 80ml Liao , if using pisa, I need to sit there 30mins to get 80-150 one side ... No time la ...

You all should be easy .. I morning till night time is busy all the way .

5am morning feed and pump milk
6am wake eldest up to prepare for school
8am wake 2nd one up to prepare and Send her to school
Reach home nap till 11am and prepare to fetch 2nd one home.
Get lunch for us , then pump milk again
Shower baby and feeding time
2pm wait for eldest home and prepare them for their homework
Will go nap after they finish homework and ask them to call me if I'm too soundly sleeping and bb wake up lol
Fold clothes while they doing homework , put bb next to me if she's awake . If she's sleeping just put her in cot will vacuum the floor . Find that she is okie with the sound .

Then prepare for dinner .. 11pm will wash all the pump bottles , mop the floor and I go ko till morning 5am again

I salute you! Plus you working right? Not easy dealing w both job n 3 kids..

I hope the hands-free pumping kit from the freestyle will be a life saver at home...can pump and dump clothes in the WM...Can pump and eat... lol and I think it makes more sense too to consolidate a few bottles and wash all at one go at night... it just means u need to get more bottles that's all...
get freemie. can put in ur bra and pump

@shiyilau - u finished your confinement huh? You are on your own with baby?? Understand how you feel cuz when my CL left for my first born, the 2nd month with baby alone at home is torturous...jia you...jia you...

Just remember this :- if baby is fed well, nappy has just changed and baby still cries.... It is VERY OK to let baby cry!!!! Lay bb on bed in his/her room, and you go out of the room and do things you wanna do for a while!!! I usually go prepare my own lunch!
even though my 3rd week. i am quite immuned to baby cries already. i also just do my stuff first b4 picking her up.
u r right. if fed, changed, burped, not too hot or cold...can leave bb alone for awhile. i love it when i go back n check n bb has fallen asleep.

even though my 3rd week. i am quite immuned to baby cries already. i also just do my stuff first b4 picking her up.
u r right. if fed, changed, burped, not too hot or cold...can leave bb alone for awhile. i love it when i go back n check n bb has fallen asleep.

Cry until fall aslp? Possible meh?!

It's terrible of me to say this… but after reading what you mummies say about exhaustion, I'm glad I'm not alone. 12am - 4am is like my LO's playtime. Refuse to sleep, open eyes big big stare at me, will cry when I put him down from my arms. I don't have a CL too, as we thought it's expensive as it's so near CNY and we're afraid of tensions due to differences in taking care of bb between us and her. After pulling an all-nighter, I asked hubby if we can get a CL now but he says don't need. But he mostly sleeps thru LO's cries in the middle of the night and I'm the one to stay awake to soothe him and feed him lor. Worse than burning midnight oil for an exam, lol! At the rate this goes, I will suffer post-natal depression soon.

Walao... Carry her she slp, put her down she cries.. Then each time she falls into deep slp (finally), I'll become so lost.. Should I bathe first? Eat first? Pump first? Do the laundry first? Sweep floor? Or nap? In the midst she'll wake up..(15mins the most)
Very tired everyday like that..back pain, neck pain,below cramp.. Nobody will understand !

I understand becoz this is happening to me! You're definitely not alone.

The TMC pharmacy recommended some wipes to hubby that are specially used for cleaning bb's tongue.
Oh ok..I tried using a wet cloth but bb hates it and I don't get to clean her tongue cos she struggles plus her mouth is too small for my finger and cloth.. :/

Oh ok..I tried using a wet cloth but bb hates it and I don't get to clean her tongue cos she struggles plus her mouth is too small for my finger and cloth.. :/

The TMC parent craft class recommended a sterile gauze but that's the same as using a cloth I feel - too big for bb's mouth. So I feel the wipes may be better, yet to try them on my LO though. Look for NUK brand oral wipes.

Watsons have this bb oral wipes with blueberry taste... Anyways I read online articles saying that theres no need to wipe

Watsons have this bb oral wipes with blueberry taste... Anyways I read online articles saying that theres no need to wipe
My CL thought me to use gauze swab bought from guardian... Soak it in warm water and dap away the excess water, wrap it around your fingers and put it in baby mouth and clean 1 time.
The TMC pharmacy recommended some wipes to hubby that are specially used for cleaning bb's tongue.
Thanks mummies. But bb's tongue is v white..like v dirty leh.

Cry until fall aslp? Possible meh?!
possible! so long you can ignore her cries... they can cry for 45 to 1 hr! Meanwhile you do your things, and also check on her occasionally and make sure her face not covered or have accidentally flip over!

Last edited:
It's terrible of me to say this… but after reading what you mummies say about exhaustion, I'm glad I'm not alone. 12am - 4am is like my LO's playtime. Refuse to sleep, open eyes big big stare at me, will cry when I put him down from my arms. I don't have a CL too, as we thought it's expensive as it's so near CNY and we're afraid of tensions due to differences in taking care of bb between us and her. After pulling an all-nighter, I asked hubby if we can get a CL now but he says don't need. But he mostly sleeps thru LO's cries in the middle of the night and I'm the one to stay awake to soothe him and feed him lor. Worse than burning midnight oil for an exam, lol! At the rate this goes, I will suffer post-natal depression soon.

Yeah first night at home was the worst!!! slowly you will know your bb pattern... PD suggests to try to let BB differentiate day and night once at home. So day time nap will usually be at the living room where there's more noise, turn on radio/music etc etc.... at night, dim the lights, draw the curtain ... if your baby on bm/fm, its good to have fm at the 11pm to 1 am slot... if you are tbf, you may want to nurse your bb everytime he/she fusses!

Me also plannin to stop by next wk or even this wk. Every pump 40ml. But really stress as i have to pump and look after 2 kids. No times to rest.
Did u drink more red dates? My mum n sis said it is milk booster...While gynae prescribe me w natural milk booster pills...to me it is really help...

possible! so long you can ignore her cries... they can cry for 45 to 1 hr! Meanwhile you do your things, and also check on her occasionally and make sure her face not covered or have accidentally flip over!
my baby cry for 5min, his whole face red red and cry until so ke lian like dat. I dun know what will happen if I let him cry 1hr...lol....
My CL say if cry too much, will easily get gas in stomach oso is it?

WAh cry so much eat wind leh

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 213
my baby cry for 5min, his whole face red red and cry until so ke lian like dat. I dun know what will happen if I let him cry 1hr...lol....
My CL say if cry too much, will easily get gas in stomach oso is it?
When I say just let the baby cry, my mil also say cannot let baby cry too much.

Can't help to kpo :p, I agree, cannot let bb cry too much will cause colic (wind in the stomach) as they inhale gasps of air. Can rub abit bit of ru yi oil after bath to prevent that. :)

Be strong mommy! It's just a phase right now.

It's the 5th day of my confinement. Srlsy i really salute mummies who do everything by themselves. Totally no time to slp at all.. every 2.5-3hrs have to feed baby, then after pump, wash, sterilize, eat have to feed baby again. And plus laundry, bath baby, change diaper, cook and all that.. seriously where got time at all? To make the matter worst, the engorged breast, bottom wound, cramps, sore nipples, constipation! Being a mom is so frinking tired, and it made me realize how 伟大 are mummies. Jiayou for all mommies!!

Hi all mummy (who want to have breastfeeding to your baby)

My friend Shana (Shang Xiuxia) is a Licensed TCM Physician (Singapore).

She provide TCM Lactation Acupressure home service in Singapore.

She focus on TCM confinement service in Singapore.

You can reach her by SMS 98648647 or email at [email protected].

Her website is tcmconfinement.com.

Common problems mummies encounter during breastfeeding:

1)产后无乳或分泌过少 (No or insufficient milk)

2)乳房肿胀 乳出不畅 (Breast engorgement)

3)乳腺炎 (Mastitis)

4)乳头扁平或内陷 (Flat or inverted nipple)

5)婴儿无法正确吸奶 (Latching on related issue)

6)回乳 (Ablactation)

She will visit the baby and mummy at your place

and prescribe the best treatment plan base on individual’s needs.

Treatments may include one or more of the following:

acupressure, Chinese herbal medicine, diet recommendation,

acupuncture and advice on breastfeeding concerns and issues.

Regards,

Angela

Hi ladies, my boy is just slightly over a week old. So far, he has been feeding quite a lot and I'm worried if I'm overfeeding him cuz stimes there's spit ups and stimes he will look pretty uncomfy after eating. He currently eats around 80ml per feed, every 2.5 - 3hours. If I were to reduce the amount, he would not be satisfied and would be turning all around to search for the nipple. Some would tell me to feed until baby is satisfied (but 80ml is a lot to me) but some say that babies wouldn't know they are full and would keep feeding since it is offered to them. Any opinion from you ladies?

Are there anyone whose LO is around the same week of development and feeding around the same amount too?

Hi ladies, my boy is just slightly over a week old. So far, he has been feeding quite a lot and I'm worried if I'm overfeeding him cuz stimes there's spit ups and stimes he will look pretty uncomfy after eating. He currently eats around 80ml per feed, every 2.5 - 3hours. If I were to reduce the amount, he would not be satisfied and would be turning all around to search for the nipple. Some would tell me to feed until baby is satisfied (but 80ml is a lot to me) but some say that babies wouldn't know they are full and would keep feeding since it is offered to them. Any opinion from you ladies?

Are there anyone whose LO is around the same week of development and feeding around the same amount too?
80ml can sustain him for 3 hrs... I thot its perfect for now

My boy is 9days old. Drinking 60ml formula can last 2-3h. If its ebm, 60ml can only last max 1h and I got to top up with 30ml fm.

80ml can sustain him for 3 hrs... I thot its perfect for now
My boy is 9days old. Drinking 60ml formula can last 2-3h. If its ebm, 60ml can only last max 1h and I got to top up with 30ml fm.

Thanks, ladies. Guess I was too hung up with diagrams telling me that the size of a newborn is around 20ml-ish, hence triggering my worries. Glad to know all is good! :)

Thanks, ladies. Guess I was too hung up with diagrams telling me that the size of a newborn is around 20ml-ish, hence triggering my worries. Glad to know all is good! :)

Mine drank 80 too.. Sometimes if not enough can go up to 100.. Pd said its fine as long as she does not vomit.. Must rmb to burp and put oil in case of any stomach discomfort

Reactions: omj

I think hubbies are like that. Very enthusiastic about waking up with us, but execution fall short... :) For us I think we have the maternal instinct to wake up as well....

Try to get hubby to do the housework... Then when Bb is sleeping try to sneak in a nap at the same time if possible.

Can you insist on getting a CL even if not over CNY but at least for the next 2 weeks to help you? Then at least you can try to rest and recuperate first...

Nothing is not solvable, talk it out with us, don't bottle it up Kay??

mummies who pump after latch, how long do you pump? pump until empty?
I try to pump after latch everytime but usually things get in the way and I end up only pumping 3-4 times a day not straight after DL, but maybe 1-2 hours after latch.

Each time I pump till empty, approx 20-30min.

Back