(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Hahaha ... I bought one and not yet open ... Just to get in case .. She fusses.. But still controlling not to introduce to her ... Very scare of midnight need to wake up to find pacifier when bb drop .. Worse than midnight feed ... Lol
That is why cannot intro
If drop be it night or day they will hunt for it and more work for ourselve lolx

Hello mummies , long time no 'see'

How's everyone ?

Ciakes : how old is your mum? Sometimes they just used to being straight forward and blunt in their choice of words . As long you know your hubby is doing his role and doing his best. Dun be affected by what your mummy says.

When I'm doing confinement , my mum also say something , then my 'tap' spoil , start to roll down my cheek.. Then she stops all the whining. But I really salute my mum la .. She is taking care of 4 children and 1 newborn bb in my house. With all the cooking and houseworks. She even sleep in the living room with my bb cos bb dun wan to sleep in air con room . For my mum she is someone who is scare of hot!

So whenever Hb at home will bring her out to eat after she finish cooking for me. That's the reason I give her big packet ..

Only one day she screamed at me when my Hb relative came and comment say how come I slim down during confinement in front of her .. She so angry .. Machiam she's not feeding and taking care of me well that's why I slim down .

Actually my mum been cooking a lot , but I told her off , only cook for one person , but she machiam cook for 4 person .. Lol I got bad temper ..

You just endure a while more.. After that you can go out and breathe fresh air and do whatever you want .. Otherwise just tell her you tired wan to rest and go back to the room when she starts to commend things abt your Hb ?
Thanks fluffy_fluffy. My mum is 56. I appreciate n acknowledge all that she's done for me but just needed to rant abt the additional stress she puts on me which is straining the rs btwn my hubs and I. Got emo last night and cried to sleep.. hope things get better..

Thanks fluffy_fluffy. My mum is 56. I appreciate n acknowledge all that she's done for me but just needed to rant abt the additional stress she puts on me which is straining the rs btwn my hubs and I. Got emo last night and cried to sleep.. hope things get better..
Very young leh .. My mum 62 .. My mum nag non stop but doing confinement she stops lol .. Maybe she knows and seen the worse of me . My mum dote on my Hb more than us .

Maybe just tell your mum , you appreciate her help. You know it's not easy. Everyone is trying their best to get use to the new routine and new member to the house. Maybe ask her to nap in the noon time . That's what my mum did. When bb sleep she will nap when she finishes all her stuff.

Dun cry .... She dun mean to hurt your relationship with Hb. Think she just tired. Making some comments.

Well, we ourselves know what our better half is doing can Liao . Dun be affected by her . One ear in one ear out Lo ... My favorite .. Otherwise I will be stoning when they nag , I totally cannot absorb .. Whahahah

Good morning, can consider planning a babies gathering in late Feb le... Best if some mummy 's home is available cuz a few of us are pumping milk!!

If just a few should be easy . If big group think need a big place to cater for mummies and babies ...

Walao... Carry her she slp, put her down she cries.. Then each time she falls into deep slp (finally), I'll become so lost.. Should I bathe first? Eat first? Pump first? Do the laundry first? Sweep floor? Or nap? In the midst she'll wake up..(15mins the most)
Very tired everyday like that..back pain, neck pain,below cramp.. Nobody will understand !

@shiyilau - u finished your confinement huh? You are on your own with baby?? Understand how you feel cuz when my CL left for my first born, the 2nd month with baby alone at home is torturous...jia you...jia you...

Just remember this :- if baby is fed well, nappy has just changed and baby still cries.... It is VERY OK to let baby cry!!!! Lay bb on bed in his/her room, and you go out of the room and do things you wanna do for a while!!! I usually go prepare my own lunch!

Very young leh .. My mum 62 .. My mum nag non stop but doing confinement she stops lol .. Maybe she knows and seen the worse of me . My mum dote on my Hb more than us .

Maybe just tell your mum , you appreciate her help. You know it's not easy. Everyone is trying their best to get use to the new routine and new member to the house. Maybe ask her to nap in the noon time . That's what my mum did. When bb sleep she will nap when she finishes all her stuff.

Dun cry .... She dun mean to hurt your relationship with Hb. Think she just tired. Making some comments.

Well, we ourselves know what our better half is doing can Liao . Dun be affected by her . One ear in one ear out Lo ... My favorite .. Otherwise I will be stoning when they nag , I totally cannot absorb .. Whahahah
Thanks babe. I'm quite sensitive to start with so maybe her comments hurt me alot. My hubs treats my parents and family for that matter very well. Always very generous and accomodating when it comes to them. Even pays for their holidays, meals, goes out of the way to help them etc. That is why I feel so affected when she bad mouths him behind his back and not only to me but my sisters. If he knows abt it he will be very hurt. Guess I xin teng him. So hard to ignore sometimes.. but ill try from now on.. otherwise I'll go mad.

Walao... Carry her she slp, put her down she cries.. Then each time she falls into deep slp (finally), I'll become so lost.. Should I bathe first? Eat first? Pump first? Do the laundry first? Sweep floor? Or nap? In the midst she'll wake up..(15mins the most)
Very tired everyday like that..back pain, neck pain,below cramp.. Nobody will understand !
Babe..u have no one at home to help you? housework can just wait..ask hubby to do when he is back. Eat n pump first. I also have back ache every day. I think my bb has put on quite a bit of weight..and she's also like your bb..wanna be carried (plus must walk around house or rock her) all the time. After she falls asleep n I put her down (no matter how gently) she wakes up and stares at me with those eyes. Esp scared when it's night time..lately she doesn't sleep much in the day. Very wakeful and even when she sleeps, she doesn't do so for long. Hugs! Totally unds how you feel..

Thanks babe. I'm quite sensitive to start with so maybe her comments hurt me alot. My hubs treats my parents and family for that matter very well. Always very generous and accomodating when it comes to them. Even pays for their holidays, meals, goes out of the way to help them etc. That is why I feel so affected when she bad mouths him behind his back and not only to me but my sisters. If he knows abt it he will be very hurt. Guess I xin teng him. So hard to ignore sometimes.. but ill try from now on.. otherwise I'll go mad.

could it be a language barrier?
sometimes old people, chinese or dialet not that clear

have you considered buying a rocker? Those can fasten baby on and comes with music or hanging things to stimulate their hand eye coordination too, I wanted to buy the one below, but was afraid that there will be gifts from friends and relatives during baby shower so I put on hold first.

IMG_7433.JPG

My colleagues highly recommended getting a rocker as I will also be home alone with baby too until hubby comes back from home in the evening, if need to do laundry or cooking, can put baby beside and not in the baby cot.

Jialat my gal din poo for 2 days
Day time ebm night time fm

So how har? It only happened after cl left .. She so stressed being with mummy meh :s

@shiyilau - u finished your confinement huh? You are on your own with baby?? Understand how you feel cuz when my CL left for my first born, the 2nd month with baby alone at home is torturous...jia you...jia you...

Just remember this :- if baby is fed well, nappy has just changed and baby still cries.... It is VERY OK to let baby cry!!!! Lay bb on bed in his/her room, and you go out of the room and do things you wanna do for a while!!! I usually go prepare my own lunch!

Have been on my own since day one.. No CL.. I keep thinking it's my bm that is causing the colic so trying to test diff diet

What pump are you using ? If you using dual electric -

Shower first then
Pump and eat at the same time . That's what I did . But I eat with single manual pump lol slower but at least doing multi task .. Finish all the tasks, then go nap , nap till bb wake up

Laundry and household leave it to evening . I normally leave my laundry overnight to dry . The next morning with the strong sun, will dry before 10am.

My pumps and bottles all leave it to night then wash. Cos night time will have some help when Hb home .

Dun attempt to do all the household work in the day time , will exhaust you completely.. Rest is very important ... Jia you !

Babe..u have no one at home to help you? housework can just wait..ask hubby to do when he is back. Eat n pump first. I also have back ache every day. I think my bb has put on quite a bit of weight..and she's also like your bb..wanna be carried (plus must walk around house or rock her) all the time. After she falls asleep n I put her down (no matter how gently) she wakes up and stares at me with those eyes. Esp scared when it's night time..lately she doesn't sleep much in the day. Very wakeful and even when she sleeps, she doesn't do so for long. Hugs! Totally unds how you feel..

Hb don't lay his hands on housework de.. Yeah lor the moment I put her down she'll open her eyes..

Just got a rocker but think she's not used to it yet.. Hehe

Hb don't lay his hands on housework de.. Yeah lor the moment I put her down she'll open her eyes..

Just got a rocker but think she's not used to it yet.. Hehe

Shower first then
Pump and eat at the same time . That's what I did . But I eat with single manual pump lol slower but at least doing multi task .. Finish all the tasks, then go nap , nap till bb wake up

Laundry and household leave it to evening . I normally leave my laundry overnight to dry . The next morning with the strong sun, will dry before 10am.

My pumps and bottles all leave it to night then wash. Cos night time will have some help when Hb home .

Dun attempt to do all the household work in the day time , will exhaust you completely.. Rest is very important ... Jia you !
Almost same lolz

Certain things I will wait til
Night time when hubby is home then do lolz

If things need to be done then when bb sleep quickly do lolz eg like sleep lolz

For pump set I have 2 sets so on rotation can take time wash hehe

Sometimes old folks just love all the "c" - complain, compare, cash, care etc

They complain to whoever can listen to them , then will compare this and that .. Lol just ignore them ba ...

My mum is the best !! She calls me complain my sis , then complain abt me to my sis.. Sometimes she even lucky better, whatever she complains abt me, she will say it's my sis who is the one complaining .. Bth her... I already immune to her nonsense.

At this stage we are just very sensitives to everything . Will cry easily .. Just forget everything ...

Come , you should be finishing confinement soon right ? Meet you at siglap or katong to eat ice cream or yogurt or lunch la ... Be happy !

Shower first then

Yup dual.. But bb nap time very short.. She drinks every 1 to 1 1/2 hr.. Thanks.. I'll leave my laundry to night time :)

Shower first then

I hope the hands-free pumping kit from the freestyle will be a life saver at home...can pump and dump clothes in the WM...Can pump and eat... lol and I think it makes more sense too to consolidate a few bottles and wash all at one go at night... it just means u need to get more bottles that's all...

Almost same lolz

Certain things I will wait til
Night time when hubby is home then do lolz

If things need to be done then when bb sleep quickly do lolz eg like sleep lolz

For pump set I have 2 sets so on rotation can take time wash hehe
Hahah... I'm using pisa , but thinking to ask Hb to check out the price in Korea , if cheaper will ask him to get there for me . Cos I think my pisa a bit Siao Siao Liao ...

Now I using avent manual pump which I find is faster. 10 mins can get 80ml Liao , if using pisa, I need to sit there 30mins to get 80-150 one side ... No time la ...

You all should be easy .. I morning till night time is busy all the way .

5am morning feed and pump milk
6am wake eldest up to prepare for school
8am wake 2nd one up to prepare and Send her to school
Reach home nap till 11am and prepare to fetch 2nd one home.
Get lunch for us , then pump milk again
Shower baby and feeding time
2pm wait for eldest home and prepare them for their homework
Will go nap after they finish homework and ask them to call me if I'm too soundly sleeping and bb wake up lol
Fold clothes while they doing homework , put bb next to me if she's awake . If she's sleeping just put her in cot will vacuum the floor . Find that she is okie with the sound .

Then prepare for dinner .. 11pm will wash all the pump bottles , mop the floor and I go ko till morning 5am again

Hahah... I'm using pisa , but thinking to ask Hb to check out the price in Korea , if cheaper will ask him to get there for me . Cos I think my pisa a bit Siao Siao Liao ...

Now I using avent manual pump which I find is faster. 10 mins can get 80ml Liao , if using pisa, I need to sit there 30mins to get 80-150 one side ... No time la ...

Will go nap after they finish homework and ask them to call me if I'm too soundly sleeping and bb wake up lol
Fold clothes while they doing homework , put bb next to me if she's awake . If she's sleeping just put her in cot will vacuum the floor . Find that she is okie with the sound .

Then prepare for dinner .. 11pm will wash all the pump bottles , mop the floor and I go ko till morning 5am again
my god, so hectic. Think my back will break with this kind of schedule

@fluffy_fluffy
I salute u ahhhhh!!! So much to do le still can maintain pumping...
Haha. Motherhood is not easy. Esp for those with no help. You help to slowly adjust to get the best routine . If bb only sleep short while try and monitor is it too cold ? Too hot ? The position ? My girl cannot sleep in air con room. That's why during confinement my mum and bb sleep in the living room ... Now I'm adjusting her back to my room

Then now I cater milk for my 2 elder girls plus weekend or when fridge is full will pass to my niece and nephew to drink too ...

Just do your best . We can do it ! ;)

Jialat my gal din poo for 2 days
Day time ebm night time fm

So how har? It only happened after cl left .. She so stressed being with mummy meh :s

huh? two days?? tummy massage with your telon minyak oil...circular motion on tummy a few rounds with slight pressure and slight pressure on the navel down.

Yup dual.. But bb nap time very short.. She drinks every 1 to 1 1/2 hr.. Thanks.. I'll leave my laundry to night time :)

u latching or giving ebm? maybe growth spurt?

once bb in deep sleep, i like to shift my baby position more towards the side. learned it from my elder one CL, bb less prone to startle herself...

Because the skin is made of glutinous rice flour or something like that... not good to eat during confinement. Also 豆沙 is made of green bean, which is cooling, so cannot eat...
I see.. I remember my mom mentioning that glutinous rice is hard to digest. That may be the reason

Super mom !!

Sometimes old folks just love all the "c" - complain, compare, cash, care etc

They complain to whoever can listen to them , then will compare this and that .. Lol just ignore them ba ...

My mum is the best !! She calls me complain my sis , then complain abt me to my sis.. Sometimes she even lucky better, whatever she complains abt me, she will say it's my sis who is the one complaining .. Bth her... I already immune to her nonsense.

At this stage we are just very sensitives to everything . Will cry easily .. Just forget everything ...

Come , you should be finishing confinement soon right ? Meet you at siglap or katong to eat ice cream or yogurt or lunch la ... Be happy !
Yup this week confinement will end finally. You are a super mummy! Have lots to learn from you!

Because the skin is made of glutinous rice flour or something like that... not good to eat during confinement. Also 豆沙 is made of green bean, which is cooling, so cannot eat...
haha i didnt know cannot eat le.. i like akk :(

huh? two days?? tummy massage with your telon minyak oil...circular motion on tummy a few rounds with slight pressure and slight pressure on the navel down.
where to buy telon minyak oil in sg? anybody knows? seems like this is better than ruyi oil..

u latching or giving ebm? maybe growth spurt?

once bb in deep sleep, i like to shift my baby position more towards the side. learned it from my elder one CL, bb less prone to startle herself...

Both.. After latching will pump..
Yahor I realise she also always startle n suddenly scream...

Can u all share ur ML with me?

Hi @DollyL, ecym shared this before.. maybe you can try mdm ida? many ppl recommended her..

ecym said:
I found a compiled list of ML for your ladies' reference... I find massage very subjective.. why dont you girls go choose a few to start with prenatal massage then ask about their post natal massage method and costs...and you get to know if you like the ML's style, strength and prices.

Mdm Eja 84394351
Mdm Emma 91822373
Mdm Esah 81778092
Mdm Ida 94249829 (no whatsapp )
Mdm Idah 94361463
Mdm Ita 90510005
Mdm Khatijah 98001394
Mdm Liza 96412314
Mdm Mas 90068026
Mdm Mas 96821091
Mdm Rahayu 91294446
Mdm Saadiah 97724579 (no whatsapp)
Mdm Siti 92200862
Mdm Zie Aziz 84812811
Thai massage lady, Nit9390 6921 or 9060 5255
Julia 91528737

Hi @DollyL, ecym shared this before.. maybe you can try mdm ida? many ppl recommended her..

ecym said:
I found a compiled list of ML for your ladies' reference... I find massage very subjective.. why dont you girls go choose a few to start with prenatal massage then ask about their post natal massage method and costs...and you get to know if you like the ML's style, strength and prices.

Mdm Eja 84394351
Mdm Emma 91822373
Mdm Esah 81778092
Mdm Idah 94361463
Mdm Ita 90510005
Mdm Khatijah 98001394
Mdm Liza 96412314
Mdm Mas 90068026
Mdm Mas 96821091
Mdm Rahayu 91294446
Mdm Siti 92200862
Mdm Zie Aziz 84812811
Julia 91528737
u all noe of any ML that can do breast massage to help to increase supply huh?

ecym said:

Mdm Eja 84394351
Mdm Emma 91822373
Mdm Esah 81778092
Mdm Idah 94361463
Mdm Ita 90510005
Mdm Khatijah 98001394
Mdm Liza 96412314
Mdm Mas 90068026
Mdm Mas 96821091
Mdm Rahayu 91294446
Mdm Siti 92200862
Mdm Zie Aziz 84812811
Julia 91528737

thank u :)
which one u hiring??

I have heard they can help to 通奶, not sure about increasing supply. I am thinking to take supplement from my Gynae leh, she offered me last week but I didn't take... Now my hubby say why not give it a try, since Gynae offered me Shldnt be a bad thing right?

Breasts massage i think wont increase supply but they helped to cleared blockages and when you are able to empty (almost) your milk, ultimately your supply will increase.

if you wish to increase milk supply after your blockages are cleared, fernugeek supplement tea will help or get more milk ss tablet from your gynae.

I have heard they can help to 通奶, not sure about increasing supply. I am thinking to take supplement from my Gynae leh, she offered me last week but I didn't take... Now my hubby say why not give it a try, since Gynae offered me Shldnt be a bad thing right?
That time i also took meds from my gynae. Cannot seem to find the meds now, can't give u the name. I took it for 2-3 days, wah my mood straight very depressed, keep cry and cry. I checked on the net, then realise if you are already depress, cannot take the meds. Think partly due to hormones, partly due to the meds.

Anyway, if you wan to try up supply, can try this
http://www.greenlife.sg/Product_List/Entries/2010/8/1_Milk_Thistle.html

On top of taking this, I drank alot alot of water, latch and latch. Supply has since doubled, although still not enuff to feed my boy, but at least his fm dosage lower liao.

Breasts massage i think wont increase supply but they helped to cleared blockages and when you are able to empty (almost) your milk, ultimately your supply will increase.

if you wish to increase milk supply after your blockages are cleared, fernugeek supplement tea will help or get more milk ss tablet from your gynae.
that time i tried fernugeek, too gassy for me. Haven't tried any since. Yesterday drank avocado with apple, my midnight pump yield increased.

That time i also took meds from my gynae. Cannot seem to find the meds now, can't give u the name. I took it for 2-3 days, wah my mood straight very depressed, keep cry and cry. I checked on the net, then realise if you are already depress, cannot take the meds. Think partly due to hormones, partly due to the meds..

Domperidone (Motilium™)

Back