(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

I think hard to get the same offer again but that will be in almost 2 months time. The next round will be 20 weeks and 24 weeks so I won't fall sick.
Mine was loose skin :confused: did cardiovascular exercise and yoga/pilates to firm but it look even worse:(.
Now started to fill up again .... happy happy but i know it won't last long :rolleyes::oops:

Indeed sagging breasts is a real bummer of motherhood :( Can't win this battle.

Talking abt exercise, I'm really looking forward to prenatal yoga. That will be my big motivation cruising into week 20 and on.

Hi, I have some hip bone ache too at times. Sometimes it is tail bone, sometimes it is right hip n maybe goes to knee. And it comes and goes. Are you taking calcium? Maybe it helps. But I feel mine seems periodically so i just try to ignore and don't overwork.

Thanks piggling for your reply.

May I ask how many weeks were u when u experienced hip bone aches. I'm almost 12 weeks and I think is way too early to feel body aches :(

Also feel uncomfortable walking at "normal pace". Feel that my fetus is aching too :((

Will ask gynae on calcium pills on next visit. Currently only have folic acid and plenty of fresh milk/soya bean milk.

Has anyone experience dry and itchy scalp? Try various shampoo but of not much help. Any recommendations wld be much appreciated. I'm one day shy of 12 weeks.

Thanks piggling for your reply.

May I ask how many weeks were u when u experienced hip bone aches. I'm almost 12 weeks and I think is way too early to feel body aches :(

Also feel uncomfortable walking at "normal pace". Feel that my fetus is aching too :((

Will ask gynae on calcium pills on next visit. Currently only have folic acid and plenty of fresh milk/soya bean milk.

Think that time shortly I found out, plus I was walking quite alot. That time about 5+ weeks so can imagine I was quite worried since it was early.

Then recently is 10+ weeks. Now it stopped again. Maybe you try not to walk too much or just take it slowly. We may probably need to be slower than our normal pace? Fetus aching as in? If worried, must check with gynae, especially if you feel is stomach area.

Indeed sagging breasts is a real bummer of motherhood :( Can't win this battle.

Talking abt exercise, I'm really looking forward to prenatal yoga. That will be my big motivation cruising into week 20 and on.

My friend went for the one at Tong Bahru.. she say do the "headstand", like legs over head? then bend here and there :confused:
I think i go for a swim will be better :D

I saw in instagram, apparently alot of mtb who practise yoga has this 'headstand' pix..

But mainly is ang mohs, so i think is quite common..

Is whether u dare or u can anot..

Actually, I did headstands and arm balances during my first pregnancy. Did it all the way til about 6 months then not able to lift myself anymore. But, I had been practicing for over 10 years so it felt really good. The thing about yoga is most poses are OK if you know your body, your limits and how to modify poses to suit how your feel.. If you're not practiced in the pose, then don't even think about trying it during pregnancy.

Has anyone experience dry and itchy scalp? Try various shampoo but of not much help. Any recommendations wld be much appreciated. I'm one day shy of 12 weeks.
I've been having irritated scalp since the first pregnancy! Sebamed anti dandruff shampoo helps a bit. Some of my friends have been going to Phs Hair Science for treatments (post partum). Not sure if they have any treatments suitable for during pregnancy. Maybe something you can check out?

pass by hock hua today.. Went in ask one of the auntie if i can continue the capsule..

She say yes.. No issue..

So i think i will continue from tmr onwards.. Maybe once capsule every 2-3days..

Before preggy i was taking it everyday..

I have the same bottle of cordyceps as you, but I haven't touched it since I found out I was pregnant too. Don't think I will be taking it. Quite tired of swallowing the vitamin pills given by doc already. Thinking of asking my mum to cook the cordycep pau sheng soup for me. Im drooling after reading it.:p Can advise when can I start taking it? I'm going into my 13th week, is it too early?

I did my prenatal yoga at orchard previously, ang mo instructor, no headstands :) In fact, it's very simple basic stretches and positions and I would feel I'm on cloud 9 after each class, sensational.

When I was around week 7, I carried my girl and sprained my lower back. It was terrible cos I couldn't even turn in bed. So I total bed rest for 3 days to get rid of it. Indeed our preggy body is very fragile, so gotta treat them will extra extra care. Any dull aching pain could be a sign of body being overworked. So pls Rest Aplenty!!

Oscar was about $200 plus at Thomson Medical back then. Now I think $300 plus thereabouts.

Btw pregnancy puts a lot of strain on our body, so once we hit about week 20 or so, can consider doing some light exercises. That's why I like prenatal yoga, strengthens the muscles and especially the back which is very crucial when we get into the 3rd trimester. I stopped prenatal yoga by early week 30ish.

For itchy scalp, skin irritations, etc. I have a gf who had itchy rashes all over her body throughout pregnancy and post natal too. It's 1 of the bummer of bring pregnant unfortunately but it's not common definitely. I hope no one gets it here.

sorry I'm like thinking out loud now...

For swimming, I feel we oughta make sure the water is clean ya... especially now that we are pregnant. Many swimming pools are hmm... otherwise it's a great exercise for preggies, we really need to strengthen our back, will help greatly post delivery too.

Also wanna ask... anyone expecting no.2 now + driving a sedan + will need 2 childseats when no.2 is born? Do u reckon the rear passenger seats can accommodate 2 childseats plus a slim adult? What is your plan for car arrangement. Thx!!

She say shiok :confused: and somemore bend using a chair .... hear already also :confused:
Wow... expert level... I just want beginner level to stretch stretch only...
Some people been practising for years so can do many kind of stunts. Furthermore, everyone's pregnancy so different, not everyone can take all those difficult poses. Scary... :confused:
Understand why you see already, feel like you want stick to swimming. But like what Vermont mentioned, I am afraid of cleanliness of the pool too.

I did my prenatal yoga at orchard previously, ang mo instructor, no headstands :) In fact, it's very simple basic stretches and positions and I would feel I'm on cloud 9 after each class, sensational.

When I was around week 7, I carried my girl and sprained my lower back. It was terrible cos I couldn't even turn in bed. So I total bed rest for 3 days to get rid of it. Indeed our preggy body is very fragile, so gotta treat them will extra extra care. Any dull aching pain could be a sign of body being overworked. So pls Rest Aplenty!!

Will you go back there for your prenatal yoga again? I think I just need something simpler, am thinking probably will have some breathing techniques too, which may be beneficial?

Where did you do your yoga class?

I tried Como Shambhala and True Yoga prenatal classes and didn't feel like it gave me enough. In the end, I went back to my regular classes at Yoga Movement (but with modifications). Eventually practiced on my own cos class was also very crowded and I felt a bit self conscious.. Lol. But since giving birth to #1, i stopped practicing. Don't know why but I just don't have the "feeling" to step on the mat.. Think this time around, I reckon I will do better with prenatal class.

Body aches wise, I didn't have any previously! Luckily! But this time around, I feel a bit of strain on my upper/mid back. Quite sure it's partly because I'm also looking after my girl and she loves to be carried.. We don't have a helper so no choice.

Oh ad for car seats, we have a small car. l think we won't be taking any passengers until the kids outgrow their car seats.

wa... do headstand. so pro.. I tried yoga before I was pregnant but I always feel giddy after each lesson. Pilates work fine for me, so I'm thinking of going for pre-natal pilates classes. Can we start exercising once we hit 2nd tri? or is it better to wait until week 20?

U can try Kerastase Dermo Calm shampoo as its for sensitive scalp n hypoallergenic.
Kerastase sensidote masque for scalp which u use after shampoo n apply onto scalp only, massage in n leave on 5-10mins before rinsing off with cooler water.
This masque is ideal especially if u r busy n no time to go salon for scalp treatment.

Due to our preggy hormones, our body n scalp will go thru changes..thats y sometimes the usual shampoo or even body soap seems not so effective.

Welcome all new mummies,

Been super quiet coz was hospitalize to be on drip last thur and fri. ask to discharge on sat coz hospital bill too ex... was made to sign 'discharge at your own risk' form -_-"
been on bed rest since sat till today.

if anyone post to ask me add them in fb aug group and i missed it. sorry. please pm me in fb with your nick/name and i will add whenever i am on comp. this is my fb acct https://www.facebook.com/gloria.liu.3154

jy to all mummies who have bad MS. I am week 13+ MS seems slightly better as in vomit only once a day. hope it will end soon for all of us... TC

I had a fall yesterday.. was thinking probably go see gynae just to on the a ave side right?

Hmmm.. my boss still not ard.. need to ask if I can go off earlier...

hope u are feeling better. if unsure, in pain or bleed pls see your gynae

i fell when i had #1 and #2 too. lucky no pain or anything

Welcome all new mummies,

Been super quiet coz was hospitalize to be on drip last thur and fri. ask to discharge on sat coz hospital bill too ex... was made to sign 'discharge at your own risk' form -_-"

if anyone post to ask me add them in fb aug group and i missed it. sorry. please pm me in fb with your nick/name and i will add whenever i am on comp. this is my fb acct https://www.facebook.com/gloria.liu.3154

jy to all mummies who have bad MS. I am week 13+ MS seems slightly better as in vomit only once a day. hope it will end soon for all of us... TC
Oh dear, sorry to know abt your hospitalisation. Have a speedy recovery!!
Week 10 for me and i lost 1.5kg in a month..zzzz..pray ms goes away soon

Oh dear, sorry to know abt your hospitalisation. Have a speedy recovery!!
Week 10 for me and i lost 1.5kg in a month..zzzz..pray ms goes away soon

thanks. been on bed rest so better now. was so giddy after all the vomiting on thur. so no choice hospitalize. poke 1 hand no blood coz dehydrate den poke the other hand. OUCH much!

Welcome all new mummies,

Oh dear. Hope you feel better soon!!

Some people been practising for years so can do many kind of stunts. Furthermore, everyone's pregnancy so different, not everyone can take all those difficult poses. Scary... :confused:
Understand why you see already, feel like you want stick to swimming. But like what Vermont mentioned, I am afraid of cleanliness of the pool too.

Will you go back there for your prenatal yoga again? I think I just need something simpler, am thinking probably will have some breathing techniques too, which may be beneficial?

Yes, I would do prenatal yoga again if circumstances allow :) You are right, in fact there are many prenatal yoga classes around, some instructors are more full-on whilst some may be more 'nurturing'. At the end of the day, we gotta feel comfortable with the exercise for it to benefit us.

@oceanbaby, you really are a big yoga fan :)

I was with Como Shambhala previously. I first attended a class by this popular Chinese Singaporean instructor, she was quite full-on in fact, quite a bit of talking from her (her tone sounded a bit kancheong naggy type) hence I felt I couldn't totally let go, relax and enjoy the flow. With the ang mo instructor, class size was small, 10 max, mainly Caucasians and expats. The way the instructor went about conducting the class was very zen, I felt I could extend more into the stretches and feel my body (instead of rushing through the positions during the Chinese Singaporean class, I thought perhaps her focus was more on cardio).

After the ang mo instructor class, I felt renewed and refreshed. Whilst after the singaporean's class, I felt rushed. Therefore, I knew immediately which was more suitable. Before I got pregnant, I enjoy more cardio yoga classes, but after being pregnant, interestingly, I begin to enjoy more of the 'nurturing' yoga classes :)

Where did you do your yoga class?

I tried Como Shambhala and True Yoga prenatal classes and didn't feel like it gave me enough. In the end, I went back to my regular classes at Yoga Movement (but with modifications). Eventually practiced on my own cos class was also very crowded and I felt a bit self conscious.. Lol. But since giving birth to #1, i stopped practicing. Don't know why but I just don't have the "feeling" to step on the mat.. Think this time around, I reckon I will do better with prenatal class.

Body aches wise, I didn't have any previously! Luckily! But this time around, I feel a bit of strain on my upper/mid back. Quite sure it's partly because I'm also looking after my girl and she loves to be carried.. We don't have a helper so no choice.

Oh ad for car seats, we have a small car. l think we won't be taking any passengers until the kids outgrow their car seats.

You are not planning to engage a domestic helper?

We are debating on this currently. But high chance getting 1.

I think I may have to get Combi car seat, heard it's less bulky. Any suggestions?

@Mummyof3jays speedy recovery to you...!!! I'm sure your kids missing you lots too, hang in there.

I like to swim.. Or mayb just dip in pool to relax.. Gynae tel me if wanna swim, do in pool, dun swim in the ocean/sea, those salt water one

hi, mummies.
I called before at Dr Benjamin package.
$650 before gst for scan detail and planned schedule. anything out of that, like vitamins, etc is excluded.
Natural is 1400, with assisted, 1800, cas is 2200 onwards

Welcome all new mummies,

Hope you are feeling better now. MS is really a torture.
Rest more and take care, hope you will regain your energy soon. :)

Yes, I would do prenatal yoga again if circumstances allow :) You are right, in fact there are many prenatal yoga classes around, some instructors are more full-on whilst some may be more 'nurturing'. At the end of the day, we gotta feel comfortable with the exercise for it to benefit us.

@oceanbaby, you really are a big yoga fan :)

I was with Como Shambhala previously. I first attended a class by this popular Chinese Singaporean instructor, she was quite full-on in fact, quite a bit of talking from her (her tone sounded a bit kancheong naggy type) hence I felt I couldn't totally let go, relax and enjoy the flow. With the ang mo instructor, class size was small, 10 max, mainly Caucasians and expats. The way the instructor went about conducting the class was very zen, I felt I could extend more into the stretches and feel my body (instead of rushing through the positions during the Chinese Singaporean class, I thought perhaps her focus was more on cardio).

After the ang mo instructor class, I felt renewed and refreshed. Whilst after the singaporean's class, I felt rushed. Therefore, I knew immediately which was more suitable. Before I got pregnant, I enjoy more cardio yoga classes, but after being pregnant, interestingly, I begin to enjoy more of the 'nurturing' yoga classes :)

Maybe when we are in mummy mode, we prefer nurturing, a common instinct of being a mother. :)
I think I would prefer nurturing classes too.
To me, it is not that important that must achieve like 100% for all the poses or something, as long as I get some benefits out of it and my body get some exercise, I am happy. I do feel that some instructors can be a little extreme or too goal oriented.

You are not planning to engage a domestic helper?

We are debating on this currently. But high chance getting 1.

I think I may have to get Combi car seat, heard it's less bulky. Any suggestions?

@Mummyof3jays speedy recovery to you...!!! I'm sure your kids missing you lots too, hang in there.
I was asking my husband about it and he's definitely not comfortable with live in help. Honestly, I don't like a stranger living in my house too.also, i don't know if the extra expense is justified since I'm sahm and my husband doesn't expect me to cook his meals or fold his laundry. He just expects me to take care of the kid and dog.

We used maxi cosi bassinet car seat. It's removable so good for when we need the extra back seat space.. We'll probably reuse it. Is the Combi one a fixed seat?

Ya. Haha. Big fan of yoga. Was introduced to it in the late 90s cos my family is in the fitness industry and it was like the new thing back then. Fell in love with it in a major way. Kinda regret not going through with the teacher training course! I actually quit my job to go but then found out was pregnant and not keen on going to India by myself +belly for a month. Haha. Oh well, maybe when I'm done having babies then resume.

Hehe I go for simple poses only :p
But hor I realise need maternity swim wear .... gotta buy again :confused:

I was asking my husband about it and he's definitely not comfortable with live in help. Honestly, I don't like a stranger living in my house too.also, i don't know if the extra expense is justified since I'm sahm and my husband doesn't expect me to cook his meals or fold his laundry. He just expects me to take care of the kid and dog.

We used maxi cosi bassinet car seat. It's removable so good for when we need the extra back seat space.. We'll probably reuse it. Is the Combi one a fixed seat?

Ya. Haha. Big fan of yoga. Was introduced to it in the late 90s cos my family is in the fitness industry and it was like the new thing back then. Fell in love with it in a major way. Kinda regret not going through with the teacher training course! I actually quit my job to go but then found out was pregnant and not keen on going to India by myself +belly for a month. Haha. Oh well, maybe when I'm done having babies then resume.

Maxi Cosi bassinet can be used until about 1yo? By then your No.1 will be able to convert to booster seat and No.2 can take over the childseat, correct? Good solution.

I have a Quinny stroller but didn't get the maxi cosi bassinet then. Some friends say their child outgrow maxi cosi before 1yo, how was yours like?

Yes, Combi childseat is fixed.

Hope you can pursue your dreams after childbirth :)

I'm also a sahm. Due to me ma, recently hubby has started to take over chores for my girl, he seems to be coping quite well but I can tell he is rather exhausted by it all cos he doesn't finish work early. Right now, I'm still covering 90% of the housework. I'm aware that once No.2 is out I won't be able to do much of the housework for at least the first few months and I'm quite concerned about my girl's welfare, like who's going to cook her meals and fetch her from school. And whilst hubby helps out with housework at night (after work), I'll definitely be busy with the newborn, I'm afraid my girl will feel left out and starts to regress majorly, which I hear a lot from friends, what a scary thought/ experience. Problem is we get zero help from grandparents from both sides hence it's quite frustrating at times. That's is why I'm thinking of a live-in helper for the first yr or so, or until I stopped breastfeeding at least.

Would you be able to get helps from grandparents?

hi, mummies.
I called before at Dr Benjamin package.
$650 before gst for scan detail and planned schedule. anything out of that, like vitamins, etc is excluded.
Natural is 1400, with assisted, 1800, cas is 2200 onwards

I'm guessing $650 excludes week 12 and week 20 scans? cos these 2 are quite ex and gynae consultation fee is normally $50-100 per visit, ultrasound scan another few tens of dollars per visit. Am I correct?

Maxi Cosi bassinet can be used until about 1yo? By then your No.1 will be able to convert to booster seat and No.2 can take over the childseat, correct? Good solution.

I have a Quinny stroller but didn't get the maxi cosi bassinet then. Some friends say their child outgrow maxi cosi before 1yo, how was yours like?

I'm also a sahm. Due to me ma, recently hubby has started to take over chores for my girl, he seems to be coping quite well but I can tell he is rather exhausted by it all cos he doesn't finish work early. Right now, I'm still covering 90% of the housework. I'm aware that once No.2 is out I won't be able to do much of the housework for at least the first few months and I'm quite concerned about my girl's welfare, like who's going to cook her meals and fetch her from school. And whilst hubby helps out with housework at night (after work), I'll definitely be busy with the newborn, I'm afraid my girl will feel left out and starts to regress majorly, which I hear a lot from friends, what a scary thought/ experience. Problem is we get zero help from grandparents from both sides hence it's quite frustrating at times. That's is why I'm thinking of a live-in helper for the first yr or so, or until I stopped breastfeeding at least.

Yes she outgrew it very early on at about 10mo. I've since passed it on to my cousin and her baby will outgrow it by August so i can take it back. Really getting good mileage from that seat! I think if you can get your hands on one, it might save a bit of car space.

Pity grandparents can't help but then it's great that you're getting some help.with a live in, you'll definitely have more time to focus on the kids. :)

Yea I'm very worried about regression and her feeling left out. We're starting half day daycare soon so hopefully a few hours a day away will give me a bit of a breather when the new baby arrives. I doubt grandparents can help. My mom is still working and my husband doesn't want to involve his parents. I'm ok with his folks but his relationship with them is a bit strained. Insisting on getting them to help with the kiddo often leads to arguments.

A good reason to do some shopping. :)
Nowadays, I see maternity swimwear, looks v nice... I don't have a pool near me, if not I don't mind buying one to go swimming.. lol.

If you feel that you need a helper, then can get one and helped out for the first 1-2 years. Though living with a stranger needs getting used to but if you get a nice person, I am sure it will help to relive you and your husband's burden. Great that your hubby is helping you a lot at this moment. At our this MS stage, v hard to get things done. I practically don't wish to move everytime I get back from work.

Can I ask what makes you decide to be a sahm? Am also contemplating because my workplace is very far from home and we don't stay near either parents so I am abit worried about who will be baby's caregiver. This is my no. 1. :) But then again, I am also feeling abit worried about not having an income.

Yes she outgrew it very early on at about 10mo. I've since passed it on to my cousin and her baby will outgrow it by August so i can take it back. Really getting good mileage from that seat! I think if you can get your hands on one, it might save a bit of car space.

Pity grandparents can't help but then it's great that you're getting some help.with a live in, you'll definitely have more time to focus on the kids. :)

Yea I'm very worried about regression and her feeling left out. We're starting half day daycare soon so hopefully a few hours a day away will give me a bit of a breather when the new baby arrives. I doubt grandparents can help. My mom is still working and my husband doesn't want to involve his parents. I'm ok with his folks but his relationship with them is a bit strained. Insisting on getting them to help with the kiddo often leads to arguments.

Halfday childcare sounds good too. :) your no. 1 can make more friends while you tend to new baby. :)

Hi ladies, im into my 12 weeks. Other than ms, I have been having rectal cramp. The pain was so bad I cant walk properly. Especially painful when going to toilet. Anyone experience this too?

ASOS has maternity swimwear. Quite reasonably priced too. Though, I just wear my normal ones. Anyway we have a reason to look fat so who cares who stares. Lol.

Maxi cosi bassinet sounds like a good solution BUT I have a feeling my girl won't be ready to move to a booster seat yet by the time no.2 outgrows maxi cosi bassinet. Cos she's only 2 plus now. Then may end up having to source for another childseat for no.2 lol...grrrrr

How old is your girl now? It's great she's going school soon, I'm sure she'll love it and you'll enjoy some quality Me time :)

I started my girl at cc at 18 months, but I only let her attend 2-3 days a week and not full days. The other 2-3 days oduring the weekdays, I'll bring her out and play - airport, indoor playground, library, play dates, etc. We usually head out by 9 plus in the morning, let her nap in the stroller ard 1-3.30pm and I'll get to slowly shop/eat/rot away...lol. Then when she wakes, she'll play a bit more then we'll head home before the crazy evening peak traffic. I really miss those days. Now with my ms... she's at cc almost everyday, quite looking forward to 2nd tri to be honest.

Sigh, really not easy to get grandparents help these days, esp if it's not first grandchild. We visit them once a week but we are really hoping to let her sleep over once a fortnight, so we can get some coupletime/ break or some real shopping done.

Your parents/ in laws are already helping to look after other grandkids?

I bought a set of bikini swimwear from Victoria secrets before i knew i was preggy..

So tat day hubby say go for a swim.. I tot of the bnit bikini, so decided to take it out to wear..

He was like 'hello u preggy now shd wear those 1 pieces swim suit, or at least tankini.. Cannot wear bikini liao' ..

I was like :eek: .. Since when got such 'rule' one.. But i tel him i no one piece or tankini.. Let me wear today & i wont in future liao..

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

If you feel that you need a helper, then can get one and helped out for the first 1-2 years. Though living with a stranger needs getting used to but if you get a nice person, I am sure it will help to relive you and your husband's burden. Great that your hubby is helping you a lot at this moment. At our this MS stage, v hard to get things done. I practically don't wish to move everytime I get back from work.

Can I ask what makes you decide to be a sahm? Am also contemplating because my workplace is very far from home and we don't stay near either parents so I am abit worried about who will be baby's caregiver. This is my no. 1. :) But then again, I am also feeling abit worried about not having an income.

I became sahm by chance. Haha. We conceived only after I quit my job. We were married 5 years by then so we took it as a sign that I needed some sort of change. Took the chance and no regrets so far. Wallet empty but heart is full. :)

Back