(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

Usually after giving birth we get backaches easily from stooping to carry, bathe and change diapers for the baby. So I convinced myself that we need one! 8)

Haven't bought any disposable diapers, will buy closer to EDD. Saw people carrying them by the boxes!

There are some really nice cloth diapers, the prints and colours are cheerful and nice.

Charlie Banana going for 5 for $149.
And another brand's quality looks better 5 for $200+.

Still considering if it's really better for baby vs those disposable ones. And in the long term more cost savings? Trying to find excuses Kekeke :D

seems disposable ones are in the trend? Even my sis was using disposables for her 2 kids after she gave birth....

@sane thank u :) yeah, i also showed black faced to these pple... my hubby always remind me nowadays - make sure at least one hand is not carrying any stuff, so that I can always block the pple or push them away if necessary

Haha ya... Coz some people never see while walking.
Last night at Chinatown also bump into a drunkard ang moh, quickly siam cause no point taking risk.
Get a good pair of anti slip flats too, avoid people stepping on trains and rainy days.
I heard many good buys at mothercare fair, rushing down now. Hehe .....

yeah expo also just a few bus stops away from me:):) just hope it will be as much varieties as the suntec one..

yes some ppl very kua zhang! Boxes and boxes of them..

I got just 1 box-6 x24pcs to try as newborns need to change often if breastfeed often say at least 6 pcs a day for 1bb then i must times 2..

For my case i will start with disposibles first as then later when i move back to my home after bbs 1-1.5mths then i consider cloth diapers as im at home can wash in my machine. Here my mum de house got my sis, dad, mum and me +hubby next time..so i dun want extra work to wash or let my mum wash as she is working..so disposibles for now..

Actually think long term almost the same lah just disposibles more convienent no need wash and get seperate linings..

Is it advisable to get cloth diapers? Keep hearing that it is cheaper in the long run... Really? Do they leak easily also?

yes yes. i find those foreign pple lah, old folks lah... headache man....

but it's true.... can't they just wait? the signs so obvious, let pple alight first. they also behave like gangsters.... so pissed. hahaha.... but now it's our rights to be fierce once..... for our baby / babies sake ;)
Yeah, ytd I also went bugis to baibai and there are so many pple inside the temple.. Even though I'm protecting my tummy but still no use >.< and bcoz we are going those crowded places so we dun intend to drive and we took train back luckily there's not much pple taking train so managed to get a seat..

My hubby not ard to do that is why my mum/sis do mostly all..except me did some lighter things like using dust cloth wipe the window grills:)

Yup! There will be 3 in fact

1 in feb (im going too hehe) at expo
1 in april at expo again
1 in august at suntec

For those interested can google find more info:)
That's good! I missed the suntec one hehe.. So hopefully can make it for the expo one :) but I'm still not sure what to buy yet.. If buy stroller and baby cot there's no place to put at home too.. :(

Yeah, ytd I also went bugis to baibai and there are so many pple inside the temple.. Even though I'm protecting my tummy but still no use >.< and bcoz we are going those crowded places so we dun intend to drive and we took train back luckily there's not much pple taking train so managed to get a seat..

@Ice_Tea wow! this is challenging! I like to go but thinking of the crowd just totally drop the idea. I went tampines shop shop also must siam here siam there

That's good! I missed the suntec one hehe.. So hopefully can make it for the expo one :) but I'm still not sure what to buy yet.. If buy stroller and baby cot there's no place to put at home too.. :(

But stroller and baby cot are necessity right? :( I leave the headache after cny.... :p

Actually the crowd at both Mothercare and Suntec fairs are not too bad because it started early of the week and Friday. At least still able to walk around and not too bad..always have sales around to serve you too.I think you all probably have to think of big items to get from the bb fair as the deal was really good for example baby cot, stroller, sterilizer, car seat, electric breast pump etc..I also saw many people buy cartons of merries diapers but think too early for me to buy now. Smaller items we can slowly buy or source online. Think the fair in feb at expo will not be as big scale as Suntec one but you can look out for another bigger one in April but our tummy might be even bigger or too tired by then. Most probably will assigned my hubby the tasks to buy pampers and baby wipes by then lol....I really feel very excited to buy things for my bb these few days like preparing for her arrival, very fun and so full of anticipation :)

Is it advisable to get cloth diapers? Keep hearing that it is cheaper in the long run... Really? Do they leak easily also?

Yes I also heard there's more cost savings!

I'm still on the learning curve, seems like it's not leakproof and requires a trial and error process. Mummies with experience on this, do share with us.

You might wanna google Kitchen Stewardship Cloth Diapers, quite informative and honest.

And YouTube too.

Will update again if I have more info.

Heard from some mummies there's a shop opposite the temple at the second row, last shop on the left that sells baby clothes quite cheaply. Haven't been there myself but will be checking it out.

Actually the crowd at both Mothercare and Suntec fairs are not too bad because it started early of the week and Friday. At least still able to walk around and not too bad..always have sales around to serve you too.I think you all probably have to think of big items to get from the bb fair as the deal was really good for example baby cot, stroller, sterilizer, car seat, electric breast pump etc..I also saw many people buy cartons of merries diapers but think too early for me to buy now. Smaller items we can slowly buy or source online. Think the fair in feb at expo will not be as big scale as Suntec one but you can look out for another bigger one in April but our tummy might be even bigger or too tired by then. Most probably will assigned my hubby the tasks to buy pampers and baby wipes by then lol....I really feel very excited to buy things for my bb these few days like preparing for her arrival, very fun and so full of anticipation :)

I feel very happy too shopping and looking at things for my baby. It makes the feeling less surreal!

@Ice_Tea wow! this is challenging! I like to go but thinking of the crowd just totally drop the idea. I went tampines shop shop also must siam here siam there
Yeah.. Haha went with my mum and hubby.. Both of them try to "protect" me haha.. Maybe have to go during weekdays to avoid the crowd.. I also went shopping at bugis junction, is really too crowded..

But stroller and baby cot are necessity right? :( I leave the headache after cny.... :p
Ya so definitely hv to buy them haha.. Plus I'm thinking of baby carrier too.. Try to buy them when I'm still able to shop haha.. Coz once tummy getting bigger I dun think I hv enough energy to shop whole day xD

Heard from some mummies there's a shop opposite the temple at the second row, last shop on the left that sells baby clothes quite cheaply. Haven't been there myself but will be checking it out.
Is it? I didn't know that >.< but will be going there again after cny coz need to bai tai sui too.. So will check it out! Hehe..

A funny read, hubby doing his part for breastfeeding.
ImageUploadedByForum1422236101.674126.jpg

Good morning !!! haha

Hi Mummies,

Does your colleagues pass remarks about your babybump? Haha, i realised mine like to give comments like 'haha ur bump is so small!' Or 'wah u so skinny' etc.. Maybe cos its the hormones at work, i find myself abit more irritable these days.. Am i alone? Or are there other emotional mummies around? Congrats to those who have completed their detailed scans milestone! And good luck to those seeing their little pumpkins soon!
i always kenna feedbacks my tummy looks big.. either big or small don feel affected by them as long our gynae nv mention anything we are perfectly normal!.

Hi Mummies, I'm a first time MTB this coming June. Just wanted to know what are the basic essentials to get or shop for apart from the bulky items like, crib/stroller/car seat?

Not too sure if getting a breast pump now is really a need for the moment, as I intend to BF exclusively.

hello welcome! if u ever walk pass robinson nursery store area there is a checklist for u to go thru.. not all is a must ya..
breastpump actually no hurry to buy ... unless u wan try pump during ur 1st mth of birth .. otherwise u can stablize latching on 1st and source for a suitable breast pump...

For me, I think I will b getting the pre-owned baby clothes from my colleague. May end up no need to buy any

Finished scan today ...horrible waiting time of 2hrs! Then no photos too :( and tad chop chop consultation..sigh..dunno whether to really change my gynae not

Bought my cot today at paragon at discount but must spend above 500 for delivery else buy from internet free delivery above 50..but good thing I can keep cot there until after cny hehe

I'm also a first time mummy so also dunno if got milk or not... hahaha.... much as I like to breast feed. And my office is also like yours - dun really have a room to pump milk... have to see how then... i guess.... :confused:

My office got room to pump but my boss just hinted to my team mate to reconsider bfing- need to prioritise.

Like whut.!

Hi ladies!
Been a silent reader of this forum so far. Am due in early June, bb gal, under Dr Loh, TMC.

My stomach is totally bloated these days, feel like exploding.
But when I went to bb fair @ suntec yest, the sales people were like "Sorry to ask, but r u expecting now?" and "May I know whether u've given birth or r expecting now?" o_O
Haiz... cannot compare my little bump to all the preggy ladies there.

@chrisl : shud be normal as long as the heartbeat and size is normal. cos normally bb is active during the nite time. Everytime i go scan, my bbs never move , like sleeping. but gynae din say anything. I remember last time when having my gal, also the same. Only during the detailed scan, she moved a lot until I need to spend almost one hour only to do the scan. how much do u get for the cot? are you getting 2 or only one cot?

Hi mummies, what type of bottles do you intend to use for your baby/babies?
- plastic vs glass
- brand
- normal vs anti-colic.

Feel free to share with us and tell us your experience/ preferences.:)

I am considering glass, might need to get a bubble wrap-like cover for protection. There are also bottles with an external plastic shaft to protect the glass fully, like double-layered.

In another thread, one mummy shared that her plastic bottle changed shape. It's scary to think after sterilizing for a few months plastic bottles will warp in shape, what chemcals could leech into the container's content?!

Read this article on plastic feeding bottles.
http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/01/13/bpa-free-label-doesnt-mean-much-it-used

Some brands with glass I am looking at
1. Nuk
2. Pigeon
3. Tommee Tippee
4. Dr Brown's
5. Avent

Last edited:
@chrisl : shud be normal as long as the heartbeat and size is normal. cos normally bb is active during the nite time. Everytime i go scan, my bbs never move , like sleeping. but gynae din say anything. I remember last time when having my gal, also the same. Only during the detailed scan, she moved a lot until I need to spend almost one hour only to do the scan. how much do u get for the cot? are you getting 2 or only one cot?
thanks gal..hopefully this bb is sleepy de and calm lol..but kinda worried still haha..u know lah our bbs dun come easy so maybe will book for another scan 2 weeks later with my another gynae :) I still want that photo lah:p

hmm I got travel cot leh..for $299. Got only 1 cos tentatively bbs can sleep inside up ill 3-4 mths until they know how to turn..then can adjust the level to the lower compartment..hb and I opted for travel cot cos we can still bring it home later on plane..13.5kg though..not that light..but then thinking also can be used to bring over to my In laws' hse next door when we sometimes hv dinner time there, so ok lah for us I think this works..oh! And this cot I got the level of the changing mat is just nice level for me I think not too low as the others I've seen so I supposed wun get too bad a backache when attending to bbs esp if c-sec..

I got other things too like egyptian organic cotton swaddling blankets from that place..the blankets feels sooooo soft and also other things like avent milk bottles (3) to stand by just in case need hb to help bottle feed sometimes..

Hi mummies, what type of bottles do you intend to use for your baby/babies?
- plastic vs glass
- brand
- normal vs anti-colic.

Feel free to share with us and tell us your experience/ preferences.:)

I am considering glass, might need to get a bubble wrap-like cover for protection. There are also bottles with an external plastic shaft to protect the glass fully, like double-layered.

In another thread, one mummy shared that her plastic bottle changed shape. It's scary to think after sterilizing for a few months plastic bottles will warp in shape, what chemcals could leech into the container's content?!

Read this article on plastic feeding bottles.
http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/01/13/bpa-free-label-doesnt-mean-much-it-used

Some brands with glass I am looking at
1. Nuk
2. Pigeon
3. Tommee Tippee
4. Dr Brown's
5. Avent

I just got Avent classic anticolic(plastic as glass too heavy for my luggage later) yesterday..in a pack of 3..i just need as a standby..really hope I can breastfeed successfully..

Last edited:
Hi ladies!
Been a silent reader of this forum so far. Am due in early June, bb gal, under Dr Loh, TMC.

My stomach is totally bloated these days, feel like exploding.
But when I went to bb fair @ suntec yest, the sales people were like "Sorry to ask, but r u expecting now?" and "May I know whether u've given birth or r expecting now?" o_O
Haiz... cannot compare my little bump to all the preggy ladies there.
hehe welcome here! Maybe your tummy is not as flabby like mine...I am already BIG size b4 preggy lol means to say you are slim b4 preggy mah good mah! lol :D

Oh dear and u must be even more tired after work and still needs to travel 1.5 hrs back :( ya! My bump also not that obvious yet so pple tend to push me and get up the train or lrt -.- but I hv to protect my bump haha.. So I always try to cover it with my hands or bag..

I feel u @Ice_Tea , i will be shifting to my new place soon and so much looking forward and not. cos I realised that it will take Longer (same hrs as you) to travel to work. =(

I don't know abt cloth diapers...I bought normal diapers...just use n throw :x

@chloebun ur boss so mean ! Must tell him yes the priority is to pump milk hahaa!

@chrisl i bought medela breast pump at the fair! N my hubby won $100 cash rebate due to medela's day haha! Hmm don't worry abt baby not moving much! It happened to me too! Baby hands n body were flat n not curled up...however next scan he was moving again haa...so I ur bb shd be sleeping!!

@wabbit_baby I bought 2 avent glass bottles..they will provide you with the extra cushion thingy...i bought one dr brown anti colic too...I didn't get a lot of milk bottles...wanna wait till bb is out cuz some of them said bb might not like certain teats...so i m more of testing them for now...but I think glass bottles seem good...though when bb is older, we still need to change to plastic ones for them to learn how to hold...

yesterday wabbit_baby said m1 sold out already? Better make sure they hv there cos otherwise u go down scared they dun hv stock then u waste a trip..or maybe if others going today or tomorrow u ask if they can get for u then? It is cheaper at fair..$322 compared to their webpg $379? which doesn't come with out the bag/ice pack/manual pump. But as for qoo think can get direct from korea but no local warranty ..not sure price there though

u might want to look here
https://spectra-baby.com.au/compare-spectra-breast-pumps/

Hi Mummies, i bought my Spectra S2 from aussie (my frd stays there and coming back to SG for visit) so ask help to bring back. Tested for any defect and looks ok. Like it much cos very quiet and its double pump (save time hehe.... )

Hi Mummies, i bought my Spectra S2 from aussie (my frd stays there and coming back to SG for visit) so ask help to bring back. Tested for any defect and looks ok. Like it much cos very quiet and its double pump (save time hehe.... )
Do u know where we can buy spectra in sg?

@chloebun ur boss so mean ! Must tell him yes the priority is to pump milk hahaa!

@chrisl i bought medela breast pump at the fair! N my hubby won $100 cash rebate due to medela's day haha! Hmm don't worry abt baby not moving much! It happened to me too! Baby hands n body were flat n not curled up...however next scan he was moving again haa...so I ur bb shd be sleeping!!

@wabbit_baby I bought 2 avent glass bottles..they will provide you with the extra cushion thingy...i bought one dr brown anti colic too...I didn't get a lot of milk bottles...wanna wait till bb is out cuz some of them said bb might not like certain teats...so i m more of testing them for now...but I think glass bottles seem good...though when bb is older, we still need to change to plastic ones for them to learn how to hold...

Hi bliswifu, you can still those glass ones when baby gets older, just buy the handle accessory.
ImageUploadedByForum1422353666.354871.jpg

Yes heard the same thing not to buy too many bottles as baby might be fussy about the teats. :rolleyes:

Hi_mei, consider ordering from BingBling, the sole distributor in SG. SG sets have warranty for local repair and service.

Other sellers may be offering you MY sets and you only get the free SG servicing for sets bought in 2014. Later date purchases, I'm not sure how it works. By the time we give birth, not much time left on the warranty.

And some offer Korea sets, hassle to send back to seller and pay postage to send to Korea for repair.

Ok ok..more relieved to hear...Wow so lucky! :)

Yesterday while waiting for my scan/appointment, a nurse came by asking me if I care to have a small mini session of foc breastfeeding talk with her..it was ard 45mins and I think it is good since I hv to wait for my gynae as well! She taught me on some tips and such..very informative for new blur mothers like me..she also taught me how to count bb's movement from in week 32 and above..

I feel u @Ice_Tea , i will be shifting to my new place soon and so much looking forward and not. cos I realised that it will take Longer (same hrs as you) to travel to work. =(
Hehe I will be having the same mixed feeling as you, coz waited for so long for the new place but the traveling time is so tiring :( more tiring is when nobody give seats haha..

hi_mei, I think it's cheaper to buy during bb fair. In last wk's suntec bb fair, spectra m1 was $199 (plus freebies?). At mothercare fair, it was $299. If u can, better wait until the nx bb fair n go super early.

Omg! I finally saw my bb girl moved!!! Not sure what she doing haha.. But I see my tummy popping up and down xD faster call my hubby to see and he is smiling until cannot see the eyes haha.. It's really a very beautiful moment hehe..
Cool! Hope I can see it soon :)

Yesterday while waiting for my scan/appointment, a nurse came by asking me if I care to have a small mini session of foc breastfeeding talk with her..it was ard 45mins and I think it is good since I hv to wait for my gynae as well! She taught me on some tips and such..very informative for new blur mothers like me..she also taught me how to count bb's movement from in week 32 and above..
Chrisl, can share how to count the baby's movement?

Back