Bumwear ( cloth diaper ) vs disposal diapers .

What i know frm some friends who had use this bumwear , it save yr pocket for definite.. but certainly for washing and drying process may takes some hardwork . Some mummy dnt mind .

Heee... don't laugh but this is the 1st time (came across it at the bb fair) I see this kind of cloth diapers. Of cos, during our time have those nappies lah...
but these are so much cuter!

Haaaa.... I don't think I wanna wash the poo stained cloth diapers lehh.... :D

What i learn they have disposal liner to place on the diaper so just throw the liner no wash needed. Unless too much stain on diaper cover then have to work hard.

It is not as bad as I thought. I used them when my boy was small. I use the nappy liner which catches most of the poo. Just discard that and use a spray hose to spray away as much as possible from the diaper. Just before washing, soak the diaper and the insert (remove the insert first). Wash as normal in washing machine and then sun it and I was actually amazed that none of my diaper and inserts look stained!!! And my boy is over two now. I am still using them but in between poo as now my boy poos at about the same time each day. Saves a couple of disposable diapers here and there. And we also use the diaper without the insert as swim diaper! Works great!

both my kids were on cloth diapers. #3 will be as well. I have prefolds (traditional nappy cloths), pocket diapers, diaper covers and all-in-ones. love them all. I recommend that these be used when baby is 2-3months old, when their pee/poo schedule is more or less "fixed" and unlike newborns where you need to change up to 12x a day. the washing can kill and it doesn't help in motivating you to go the "green route" with clothe diapers at all!

don't worry about the poo stains. liners are optional; I did not use them as the poo flushes away easily. just flush away poo, rub the stained part with detergent, soak it in for about 30 minutes and machine-wash. my cloth diaper stash was used for 2 kids, totalling more than 2 years of abuse and still look good. in fact, the longer they are used for, the greater the absorbency.

I purchased all of mine online (Amazon, Milagro Trading etc.) btw.. prints are really adorable and the little ones look amazingly cute when in them. the brands I have:
- Thirsties
- BumWear
- Blueberry Minky
- BumGenius 4.0

read here to know more:
http://www.thenaturalbabyco.com/diaper-experts/the-five-major-styles-of-cloth-diapers/
http://theartofsimple.net/4-cloth-diapering-choices-defined/

both my kids were on cloth diapers. #3 will be as well. I have prefolds (traditional nappy cloths), pocket diapers, diaper covers and all-in-ones. love them all. I recommend that these be used when baby is 2-3months old, when their pee/poo schedule is more or less "fixed" and unlike newborns where you need to change up to 12x a day. the washing can kill and it doesn't help in motivating you to go the "green route" with clothe diapers at all!

don't worry about the poo stains. liners are optional; I did not use them as the poo flushes away easily. just flush away poo, rub the stained part with detergent, soak it in for about 30 minutes and machine-wash. my cloth diaper stash was used for 2 kids, totalling more than 2 years of abuse and still look good. in fact, the longer they are used for, the greater the absorbency.

I purchased all of mine online (Amazon, Milagro Trading etc.) btw.. prints are really adorable and the little ones look amazingly cute when in them. the brands I have:
- Thirsties
- BumWear
- Blueberry Minky
- BumGenius 4.0

read here to know more:
http://www.thenaturalbabyco.com/diaper-experts/the-five-major-styles-of-cloth-diapers/
http://theartofsimple.net/4-cloth-diapering-choices-defined/
Impressive !! How i wish my 5th i can start on clothe diaper . Im into the challenge. I need to know for newborn if use diaper cover with nv insert frm bumwear . And of coz place a nappy liner for the poo , is it efficient enuf? can last long ? Coz since im first timer i wana know how many diaper cover and insert i need to get to standby for newborn use .

Impressive !! How i wish my 5th i can start on clothe diaper . Im into the challenge. I need to know for newborn if use diaper cover with nv insert frm bumwear . And of coz place a nappy liner for the poo , is it efficient enuf? can last long ? Coz since im first timer i wana know how many diaper cover and insert i need to get to standby for newborn use .
Hello there! I bought some cloth diapers for LO, but I haven't used them cos she isn't here yet. Want to share some of my thoughts though - At the newborn stage I'd suggest using disposable diapers to keep your sanity, and use the cloth diapers only when there is a severe rash. When the baby is not pooping so often, then you can consider partial cloth diapering I.e. cloth diapers in the day, disposables in the night, also to keep your sanity. I am not sure if you want to get a prefold diaper, add an insert + the liner inside, before putting on the cover outside (optional). It seems like you have lots of "protection" this way but of course, adding more layers means warmer for LO? And since you are just "testing", I'd suggest getting say, 2 covers, 2 inserts and 2 prefolds. And some safety pins ya

Hi mummies,

I am first time mummy-to-be, usually I read articles (mostly overseas articles) to gain some knowledge. I am just writing through what I read / remember. Hope it helps. :) Do correct me if I am wrong.

Cloth diaper
Pros: - Save money
- Can prevent rashes on bum
Cons: - Washing the cloths (with poos/pees)

Disposable diaper
Pros: - Don't need to wash
Cons: - Have to keep buying
- Higher chance of getting rashes on bum
- Finding a 'suitable' diaper

Is there any 'problems' for newborn to use both disposable & cloth diapers?

Thank you.

Acty about diaper rash, it makes no difference if u change tje diaper regularly. A baby in cloth diapers will also be susceptible to dia per rash if he / she isn't cleaned promptly. and diaper rashes aren't something too major... something quite easily prevented and treated (zinc oxide cream or steroid cream if it's rly serious )

ohh! thank you. guess my hub will spend extra extra more money to buy lots of disposable diapers. haha!
the upfront cost for cloth diapers definitely is higher as opposed to disposables... but if u are not planning to toilet train LO early on, then it is very likely that u are going to continue incurring costs for buying disposables till he / she turns ...2 or 3 yrs old perhaps? in such case it is probably more cost effective to at least partially cloth diaper

We use a mix of cloth and disposable. Cloth at home and disposal when we go out. Newborn stage was fully disposable. I'm sure this cut our diaper expenses by alot. Perhaps made up for it with the water bills. Haha but it's definitely better for the environment overall.

We use a mix of cloth and disposable. Cloth at home and disposal when we go out. Newborn stage was fully disposable. I'm sure this cut our diaper expenses by alot. Perhaps made up for it with the water bills. Haha but it's definitely better for the environment overall.

Noted~ Hope I can helped hub to save a bit of money. Usually after how many months you guys will switch disposable to cloth diaper? I think I over-stress by the upcoming baby.

Noted~ Hope I can helped hub to save a bit of money. Usually after how many months you guys will switch disposable to cloth diaper? I think I over-stress by the upcoming baby.
I started cloth at around 2.5mo. She was pooing too often prior to that. But if you have someone to wash for you or can manage the laundry then no harm starting earlier. It's your own choice, really. For my #2, i may not use cloth at all unless #1 potty trains soon! The current load of laundry is already filling up our spare room. :(

I started cloth at around 2.5mo. She was pooing too often prior to that. But if you have someone to wash for you or can manage the laundry then no harm starting earlier. It's your own choice, really. For my #2, i may not use cloth at all unless #1 potty trains soon! The current load of laundry is already filling up our spare room. :(
oh no! hope you can cope well. nobody wash for me! ): so i will use disposable for the time being.

Would anyone here be open to cloth diaper if you had a delivery service ? t delvier clean diapers every week and then collect for wash every week? and u get a special bin to store the dirty smelly ones :D

Back