(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Your ebm is freshly pumped out? If yes put in fridge then warm up later... Try not to put at room temp for more than 4 hrs in our humid spore
For me be it fresh or from fridge I will throw away if she din finish .

1stly expose to the environment and saliva so I reckon spoilt easily
2ndly if it is warmed before put but fridge and re warmed when feeding time how many nutrition have we killed so quite defeat the purpose of bm already

Mummies who gave birth... I would like to ask if I ebm at 1230 , LO drank at 330pm but didn't finish, can keep the balance? If yes, put in fridge then warm or can leave at room temp for next feed at around 6 plus?

I read somewhere that if the baby has drank from the whole bottle, meaning the saliva has touched the milk, then whatever he cannot finish in that bottle u cannot keep for more than one hr, cos bacteria might grow. Unless e.g. u pump 100ml, u divide into 2 bottles and he drinks from one bottle, then the other bottle u can keep in outside room temp for 4 hrs. Anything beyond that has to be refrigerated.

image.jpg

Mummies who gave birth... I would like to ask if I ebm at 1230 , LO drank at 330pm but didn't finish, can keep the balance? If yes, put in fridge then warm or can leave at room temp for next feed at around 6 plus?
If warm up n bb drink already must finish within 1h. Same for ebm n fm

i force feed finish hahaha no lah kidding. If LO can wake up within 1-2 hours I will feed the remainder, I will smell first. If not I will throw also. Wun keep liao.

also, don't use boiling water to heat up chilled ebm hor.. u will kill all the nutrients and antibodies. i was told to gently warm it up in water of 40 degrees, in order to preserve esp the antibodies.

can I ask anyone baby is more than 3 weeks and has jaundice level more than 200?
mine going to be 3 weeks old this Thursday and his jaundice level is more than 200. polyclinic said they cannot see him there anymore. must send to kk clinic to see. is it the same protocol for pd as well?

My baby last fri went for 2nd blood test, still at 230+, call pd but he say ok. Ask me to see him this fri for review. So these few days, i keep getting him go.suntan. Weird as in hw cme.my pd nvr ask me send bb back.hosp?

I read somewhere that if the baby has drank from the whole bottle, meaning the saliva has touched the milk, then whatever he cannot finish in that bottle u cannot keep for more than one hr, cos bacteria might grow. Unless e.g. u pump 100ml, u divide into 2 bottles and he drinks from one bottle, then the other bottle u can keep in outside room temp for 4 hrs. Anything beyond that has to be refrigerated.
do u all really dare to put fresh ebm outside room temp for 4 hrs :eek:
to me it is milk .. leave it outside for 30 mins i also cannot tahan and dare not give my gal already

My baby last fri went for 2nd blood test, still at 230+, call pd but he say ok. Ask me to see him this fri for review. So these few days, i keep getting him go.suntan. Weird as in hw cme.my pd nvr ask me send bb back.hosp?
cos their threshold for hospital stay is 300

Hi mummies.. Have seen spotting since last sun till nw.. Today go for gynae appt doc say 5cm dilated.. Ask me to admit to hospital imm.. Nw waiting for bb to pop.. Finally my turn.. Will update again! :)

do u all really dare to put fresh ebm outside room temp for 4 hrs :eek:
to me it is milk .. leave it outside for 30 mins i also cannot tahan and dare not give my gal already

haha i also don't feel good abt leaving it outside for so long, so max i will leave it out is 2 hrs, n i will turn on the fan to blow at it, haha. i try to express just before the next feed, unless i'm having a nap n overslept, like this afternoon, jia lat. tomorrow i'm seeing the LC, she sure will try to make my boy DL, i foresee a lot of tears n tantrum from the bb. He is not very patient, kinda like his parents, oops.

haha i also don't feel good abt leaving it outside for so long, so max i will leave it out is 2 hrs, n i will turn on the fan to blow at it, haha. i try to express just before the next feed, unless i'm having a nap n overslept, like this afternoon, jia lat. tomorrow i'm seeing the LC, she sure will try to make my boy DL, i foresee a lot of tears n tantrum from the bb. He is not very patient, kinda like his parents, oops.

Hmm why need to see LC after discharge alr?

Hi, I'm an April mummy pregnant with my third child. Been following the jan thread. Thanks for sharing. To increase bm supply, pocari mixed with hot water (during confinement) worked wonders for me. U might like to try. Green papaya (the ones with white sap when u cut it, bought from vege stalls and not fruit stalls) cooked with fish bones, whether salmon or sang yu gave me an oversupply too.

Wow pocari, thks will try that. Been having fish soup w papaya.

I finished my confinement already .
Today is my 1st day all alone with my gal .. Totally forget how to take care of infant lolz

Am thinking to go for post natal massage or not lolz
Ya!! Congrats for ending confinement... I have a list of food I wanna eat after confinement, cannot wait!

Me too finished confinement... Last Sun was the first time showering with normal water since Dec! My first non confinement meal was pancakes at Hoshino Coffee after Baby Fair ytd... I very sad my CL leaving tomorrow.... Holiday ending liao... Real life starts tmr!!!

Wow pocari, thks will try that. Been having fish soup w papaya.
@ding2505, I haven't tried any boosters that had a significant increase yet.... Maybe you can try salmon, oats, malt (holicks, milo) which are known milk boosters...

Also pump more often... If you are pumping 3h per day, increase the frequency will help to increase supply too. Also trytopower pump at least 1x each day....

How's ur bb now? Breathing better? Did u get the breathing monitor in the end? I didn't need to, but pd juz toldme to observe the area are his mouth when he drinks... Make sure it doesn't turn blue black which shows he is having difficulty breathing or lack of oxygen...

Last edited:
Will the wound hurt or sting while washing with salt water?
Actually my doctor advised against washing the wound with salt water, so pls check with your gynae first before trying...

He told me some tips re the wound.
- Rinse, Dab dry, use bottom spray after every visit to the toilet
For the next 3 weeks pp,
- No squatting
- No sitting on rubber rings
- No washing wound with salt water.

Hmm why need to see LC after discharge alr?

see if she can teach me how to massage to increase my milk supply, n also how to latch properly. actually i got learn at the hospital but at home my boy is so impatient that i cannot bear to force him to latch, so what i do now is to pump n feed him ebm, n supplement with fm cos my supply is still pathetic.

My boy has serious nappy rash, used drapolene cream previously then switched to mustela vit barrier cream. Still nappy rash. Any other creams to recommend?
Considering bringing him to see dr- is that v kua zhang?

Get the purple Desitin... It works for my bb... But once cleared go back to using normal diaper cream cuz this is quite drying... Alternatively you can try Sudocrem at Mothercare.

@bbcripps, where are you going for your LC? Do review when you return incl the charges so that the other mummies can benefit too....

use desitin to get rid of the rash.

u can get it online or at pharmacies iirc. after getting rid of the rash you can stop the desitin and then see if u can find another barrier cream other than the mustela one that works for u..i bought aquaphor.. some people like EMAB bottom balm? I think u gotta try it out

Thanks @gammahedging!

I don't look forward to ending my confinement, maybe only the part on can bath freely and eat freely. My mums food is really delicious! Haha I can eat the same thing everyday.

Kinda scare to have to deal with bb alone in my hse. I am currently doing confinement at my mums hse. Heng.: my mum still welcome me to disturb her everyday after confinement. :p

This wk is the last wk le.. :(
Haven learnt to bath bb yet. Haha

I finished my confinement already .
Today is my 1st day all alone with my gal .. Totally forget how to take care of infant lolz

Am thinking to go for post natal massage or not lolz
Congrats! I can't waitfor comfinement to be over. So sick of the food.

I think my baby is going through growth spurt. I dl him every one hr):
And he still seems hungry):

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

I don't look forward to ending my confinement, maybe only the part on can bath freely and eat freely. My mums food is really delicious! Haha I can eat the same thing everyday.

Kinda scare to have to deal with bb alone in my hse. I am currently doing confinement at my mums hse. Heng.: my mum still welcome me to disturb her everyday after confinement. :p

This wk is the last wk le.. :(
Haven learnt to bath bb yet. Haha
Me too! I haven learn anything yet lol.
Cl going back next fri le. Oh dear. And bb is so cranky for the past few days. So stress

Congrats! I can't waitfor comfinement to be over. So sick of the food.

I think my baby is going through growth spurt. I dl him every one hr):
And he still seems hungry):

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

I think its a growth spurt, my bb is exactly 3 wks old today n boy is he cranky today... screaming at the top of his lungs cos he's always hungry (he keeps on making sucking sounds), so we r feeding him every 2 hrs instead of 3.

Sure, I'm going to Uma from Mother and Child. Will let u all know how it goes tomorrow. It's $130 for 1 hr I think.

Wow they charge by hr?

I went to nuh lc for help too. Paid $42+ and I think I spend abt 2hrs plus there. The sisters are very helpful and super nice. My gal pooed and she help change her. :p

I think its a growth spurt, my bb is exactly 3 wks old today n boy is he cranky today... screaming at the top of his lungs cos he's always hungry (he keeps on making sucking sounds), so we r feeding him every 2 hrs instead of 3.

U tried increasing the amt?
My gal went thru that 2 days ago, I figure increase the amt by abit and it worked. She happily go into the milk drunk state and doze off for 3 hrs.

Back