(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

Wow so great to hear some of u could hear the heartbeat already! I went to the gynae when I was 4 weeks plus so couldn't see anything hahahh too excited as first time. Just confused about how they count the baby's age or conceived date? I know that's it's the last menses date but is it also from the scan then will see the size and count backwards to work the baby's age and conceived date?

Correct, is based on your LMP initially and your EDD will adjust accordingly to the baby size.

What are some of the vitamins to be consumed now?

Any stretch mark cream to recommend?

Have you seen a gynae yet? Right now my gynae prescribed Neurogains (DHA oil), calcium and obimins (multi vits).

For stretch marks, u can consider Clarins.

Hello ladies!

I am a first time mtb too after trying for about half a year. :)

Went to see the gynae pretty early because I had blood clots on the 3rd day after my first spotting. I did a blood test and was told to come back 2 days later to take another one. Luckily the HCG level increased which is a good thing. I think the gynae was worried it might be a Ectopic pregnancy.. partly because i have irregular cycle, which also makes it hard to determine which week i am at.. plus cant see anything from the scan.

I just went for another scan on Monday, and we are finally able to see a tiny beanie! Gynae says I should be around 4-5 weeks now.. next consultation is in 2 weeks!

:D:p

By the way, anyone been experiencing spotting/light bleeding? I have it since my first day of spotting.. been about slightly more than 2 weeks already.. Though doctor says not to worry too much and told me continue to take the Duphaston pills given to me.

I hope I can quickly pass this unstable phase!

very very confuse... lmp 28 nov. then nuh gyn says pregnancy shows 5wks. faint! hcg level 700 plus. googled , it states ard 4wks plus. aiyoooooo ... macam feels like wanna panic again...

How to know imp date? I'm curious and confused too as to how many weeks? Some days feel tummy very bloated some days no feeling... Panic attacks.. My last menses is 10th dec so should be around 5-6 weeks now?

Hello ladies!

Went to see the gynae pretty early because I had blood clots on the 3rd day after my first spotting. I did a blood test and was told to come back 2 days later to take another one. Luckily the HCG level increased which is a good thing. I think the gynae was worried it might be a Ectopic pregnancy.. partly because i have irregular cycle, which also makes it hard to determine which week i am at.. plus cant see anything from the scan.

I just went for another scan on Monday, and we are finally able to see a tiny beanie! Gynae says I should be around 4-5 weeks now.. next consultation is in 2 weeks!

By the way, anyone been experiencing spotting/light bleeding? I have it since my first day of spotting.. been about slightly more than 2 weeks already.. Though doctor says not to worry too much and told me continue to take the Duphaston pills given to me.

The spotting/brown discharge is common, most impt is baby is growing well.
Try not to carry heavy stuff or take cold drinks. Rest well.

very very confuse... lmp 28 nov. then nuh gyn says pregnancy shows 5wks. faint! hcg level 700 plus. googled , it states ard 4wks plus. aiyoooooo ... macam feels like wanna panic again...

LMP and HCG is only a guideline. When you r around 7 weeks, the gynae will give u a EDD date based on the measurement of the bb.

How to know imp date? I'm curious and confused too as to how many weeks? Some days feel tummy very bloated some days no feeling... Panic attacks.. My last menses is 10th dec so should be around 5-6 weeks now?

So your LMP is 10 dec. If there are no spotting, u can wait till 7 weeks to see a gynae. By then u can see the heartbeat. Meanwhile do take folic acid.

Thank u for the advice!! U sound very experienced!! Bear with me on all the questions.. can't wait for first gynae appointment

Thank u for the advice!! U sound very experienced!! Bear with me on all the questions.. can't wait for first gynae appointment

No worries cause I just been through all that anxieties too;)

The most impt thing for all mummies is to stay positive, think and hinder good thoughts only. Everything will be fine and good. :)

Hi RnRnr,
Hope this helps :)

Nuchal Translucency (NT) The NT test involves a detailed ultrasound scan of the baby at 11- 14 weeks of the gestation and the fluid collection behind the baby’s neck is measured. A thickened NT beyond normal thickness is associated with chromosomal abnormalities, Down’s syndrome being the most common, although Edwards’s syndrome Patau’s syndromes are also screened. The normal thickens is usually less than 2.5mm.

A risk estimate can be obtained by the result of the fetal NT value, maternal age and the crown-rump length of the fetus. The accuracy of the NT test alone is about 80%.

OSCAR

The OSCAR test involves the NT test plus a sample of the mother’s blood which is analysed for levels of free beta hCG and PAPP-A (Pregnancy associated plasma protein A). The combined data will give a risk estimate of Down syndrome with an accuracy of 90% which is superior to that NT alone (80%)

Thanks a lot, mama_ya :):) hug hug

Thanks for encouragement! Trying to stay positive but sometimes have moods that are uncontrollable.
I don't have spotting but checking if anyone had discharge that isn't very normal.. Feels embarrassing to say this... But discharge has unpleasant smell... Didn't use to have it last time...

If have discharge with unpleasant smell better og see gynae. Scared infection. But if no smell it's normal. Cos of the thickening of walls in the womb.
Thanks for encouragement! Trying to stay positive but sometimes have moods that are uncontrollable.
I don't have spotting but checking if anyone had discharge that isn't very normal.. Feels embarrassing to say this... But discharge has unpleasant smell... Didn't use to have it last time...

Hello ladies!

Hi Chai Ling,

Couple of weeks back I had the same concern. You can look up my post on one of the previous pages of this discussion thread. I am now 7 weeks and occasionally, I still have some light spotting. I was advised that as long as spotting is not heavy and red and accompanied with abdominal cramps, it is ok. The most common reason for spotting is because our uterus is still expanding at this phase. I am also on Duphaston pills. I was given a jab in week 5 for spotting. But my gynae thinks that is not necessary anymore.

I know this is easier said than done, but try not to worry. Everything will be ok.

if your gynae said ok then should be ok ba...just continue to monitr see if the spotting get worse and rest more ?. my discharge is qte yellowish and im bit worried too. i have always been having lots of discharged since young .whc gynae r u with?Dr Yu?

Hello dear old aunty :)

I'm quiet quiet type :p and still with Dr Yu. Have you had the heartbeat scan?

Hi Chai Ling,

Couple of weeks back I had the same concern. You can look up my post on one of the previous pages of this discussion thread. I am now 7 weeks and occasionally, I still have some light spotting. I was advised that as long as spotting is not heavy and red and accompanied with abdominal cramps, it is ok. The most common reason for spotting is because our uterus is still expanding at this phase. I am also on Duphaston pills. I was given a jab in week 5 for spotting. But my gynae thinks that is not necessary anymore.

I know this is easier said than done, but try not to worry. Everything will be ok.

Thanks alot babe! I think have to trust my gynae..haha if he is not alarmed, I guess I am doing fine!

So excited! I just went for my first Gynae check up. Last menses late also 28/11. But my conceived date Shd be 17/12. Doc say baby is around 7 week now. No need vaginal scan. Can see the baby bean shape and the egg yolk and listened to heartbeat by the ultra scan! Initially like not very excited cos second baby... But So touched when I heard the heartbeat!!! Haha! EDD is ard 7/9-8/9
Congrats.
We have the same edd too. It's my 2nd bb too.

Hi folks,

I'm in my 6 weeks. Saw bb heartbeat yesterday at the scan. This is my #2 after 9 years with some failed pregnancies in between.

Would like to be included in your support groups :)

Name: Rachael Tan
HP: 9090 1288
For Facebook, can't remember which email add I used but can find and add me? My FB name is Rachael Tan (Chen Peichang).

Many thanks!

Hi folks,

I'm in my 6 weeks. Saw bb heartbeat yesterday at the scan. This is my #2 after 9 years with some failed pregnancies in between.

Would like to be included in your support groups :)

Name: Rachael Tan
HP: 9090 1288
For Facebook, can't remember which email add I used but can find and add me? My FB name is Rachael Tan (Chen Peichang).

Many thanks!

Congrats Rachael! :) did u do a vscan to see bb's heartbeat or what?

Congrats Rachael! :) did u do a vscan to see bb's heartbeat or what?

Yes. But it was a very traumatised experience yesterday at the hospital.

It all started on 9 Jan when I first discovered I was pregnant. As I had 2 ectopic pregnancies before, I immediately went to KKH 24h clinic to check. So the Dr say the pregnancy sac and nothing else. So to eliminate the chance of ectopic pregnancy she did blood test for me to track the hormone level and I needed to return in 2 days time.

So on 11 Jan morning I went back for 2nd blood test and waited for result. Dr said hormone level did not doubled and suspected ectopic pregnancy case. Sent me to do emergency scan and I had to pay surcharge as it was a Sunday. Found nothing unusual after scan and Dr insisted me to do another blood test. I asked her the rationale behind doing the blood test again and she wanted to monitor that the hormone level is doubling. I then asked what will be the conclusion if hormone level doesn't double, she said either this is a failed pregnancy and will miscarriage soon or ectopic pregnancy. At this point of time I started to doubt their diagnosis capability, how can it be ectopic pregnancy when I just did the scan which didn't show any abnormal growth in my tubes and ovaries. Dr said possibly is too early to detect. If that's the case why asked me to do the scan so early. Is a waste of my time and money, they could have waited for the 3rd blood test result before deciding on the necessity of the scan.

Anyway I didn't go back for the 3rd blood test. And I wrote in to KKH and feedback on my case. The service quality control dept arranged for me to go back for a free consultation and got the most senior gynae to explain my situation to me and that was yesterday. So after he explained he did a scan and told me he is still seeing just an empty sac in my uterus and this is a failed pregnancy. Told me I must be warded and washed off the baby. And in order for me to understand his diagnosis he arranged for me to do a detailed scan before I was being warded. And so I went ahead to do the scan and the radiographer was shocked when she saw the heartbeat via v-scan as it was indicated on the paper by the senior gynae that mine was a failed pregnancy and wanted me to do the scan to convince me that their diagnosis was correct.

I am still deciding if I should write in again and feedback...

Added those who Pm me. If you are not added yet please prompt me again. Might have preg symptoms and left out. Haha. Those who wanna be added. Pm me. Thanks.

Format
Edd:
Email:

It all started on 9 Jan when I first discovered I was pregnant. As I had 2 ectopic pregnancies before, I immediately went to KKH 24h clinic to check. So the Dr say the pregnancy sac and nothing else. So to eliminate the chance of ectopic pregnancy she did blood test for me to track the hormone level and I needed to return in 2 days time.

So on 11 Jan morning I went back for 2nd blood test and waited for result. Dr said hormone level did not doubled and suspected ectopic pregnancy case. Sent me to do emergency scan and I had to pay surcharge as it was a Sunday. Found nothing unusual after scan and Dr insisted me to do another blood test. I asked her the rationale behind doing the blood test again and she wanted to monitor that the hormone level is doubling. I then asked what will be the conclusion if hormone level doesn't double, she said either this is a failed pregnancy and will miscarriage soon or ectopic pregnancy. At this point of time I started to doubt their diagnosis capability, how can it be ectopic pregnancy when I just did the scan which didn't show any abnormal growth in my tubes and ovaries. Dr said possibly is too early to detect. If that's the case why asked me to do the scan so early. Is a waste of my time and money, they could have waited for the 3rd blood test result before deciding on the necessity of the scan.

Anyway I didn't go back for the 3rd blood test. And I wrote in to KKH and feedback on my case. The service quality control dept arranged for me to go back for a free consultation and got the most senior gynae to explain my situation to me and that was yesterday. So after he explained he did a scan and told me he is still seeing just an empty sac in my uterus and this is a failed pregnancy. Told me I must be warded and washed off the baby. And in order for me to understand his diagnosis he arranged for me to do a detailed scan before I was being warded. And so I went ahead to do the scan and the radiographer was shocked when she saw the heartbeat via v-scan as it was indicated on the paper by the senior gynae that mine was a failed pregnancy and wanted me to do the scan to convince me that their diagnosis was correct.

wah rachael, lucky the rg detect heartbeat. imagine if the rg also mk a mistake. then u could have abort the bb for no reason.. i think its logical for u to complain to the hosp. esp u have black n white evidence that the doc didn't check properly n state its a failed pregnancy

Ya I think U should write in to KKH. Anyway I am actually also seeing prof han at KKH, he's a pretty patient and nice doctor. U might want to consider him. And congrats again, lets hope we can all go through this smoothly.

Ya I think U should write in to KKH. Anyway I am actually also seeing prof han at KKH, he's a pretty patient and nice doctor. U might want to consider him. And congrats again, lets hope we can all go through this smoothly.

Sorry to hear ur terrible time with ms. Jia you and hope it gets better really soon! I am about 5-6 weeks can't confirm too as my last menses date is 10th dec, gynae told me it's pretty small now so couldn't see.. Jus wondering when does ms normally kicks in

Hi fluffylove

High 5^! My last menses date is also 10 dec! We are 6 weeks and 3 days today!

Am going for my first gynae later at Mount A!

Oh, isit really bad for the fetus if I drink cold beverage? I did it quite often during my 1st pregnancy... Am doing it also for 2nd one currently...

In my opinion, go for another opinion with another gynae in another hospital. Get the confirmation that bb is alrite then feedback to KK n cc the top management of KK.
It doesn't make sense to keep doing a blood test. Your gyane seem v inexperience thou.
Nonetheless, you think about it but dun let the whole pregnancy affects you.

I think mine may be ectopic pregnancy....last Thursday I took a HCG test at GP near my workplace and the result is out the next day. My HCG level is only 708 (indicates 3-4 weeks, but from my calculation, I should be around 6 weeks). I was very worried and decide to get a 2nd opinion from a gynae, thus went to this gynae in JB (IVF Bridge Fertility centre Johor,opposite Pelangi Plaza, coz it was a planned family trip originally to JB for shopping on Sat). It was a very bad experience. My hubby and I spent almost 2 hrs of waiting time, and when it was finally our turn, the doctor seemed very impatient when I was trying to explain to him my situation. During ultrasound scanning, the doctor pressed on my tummy so hard that I wanted to shout out in pain. He kept saying "cannot see anything" and "kosong"...I told him my Singapore gynae managed to see a waterbag on 30 Dec, his reply was "I also dunno how he see something, but it is kosong"...then he asked me to go back Singapore to take HCG test again, without even offering that option for me to take it in his clinic. I was very sad at that time, so I suggested if he can try vaginal scan instead, when he was trying to wave us off. He said ok. Then I requested if I can go to bathroom first coz my bladder was very full as we had waiting for 2 hrs. He just basically chased us out and made us wait outside for another 3-4 patients before calling us in again. By that time my hubby was very angry with the doctor's attitude.

When we went into the consultation room the 2nd time, the doctor is very rough while doing the vaginal scan. Even when he first poke the probe in, he already started to say kosong 1 sec after the probe got into me. Very rude doctor and lousy work attitude. He kept repeating "kosong" several times and waved us off after the scan....After that scan, I had some brown spotting and felt quite painful for the rest of yesterday. It was really a very sad incident and my hubby and I decide to share it here to warn others abt this doctor. He is the only doctor in this clinic though there are 2 consultation rooms. Basically the patient waits inside the room when called, till he finishes with the other patient in the other consultation room (to minimize his waiting time I guess).

I have decided to arrange to another earlier session with my SG gynae next week (originally my next appointment is 27 Jan)...Have prepared for the worst scenario but deep inside,still feeling very upset and cried several time yesterday...had a hard time trying to smile and act normal in front of my mother-in-law and brother-in-law's family coz we were all on jb trip yesterday, just that both my hubby and I left the group a while to do that "bad experienced" scan...we didn't mentioned it to other family members, thus I have to act normal for the rest of the day...I really hope that the JB gynae was wrong and I still have my baby, just that he is hiding somewhere thus cannot be detected yesterday.

I hope everything goes well for you. I had an ectopic pregnancy last year as well. It was a tough experience. Be strong. I am sure things will turn out positive for you.

Hello all mommy to be!

Im currently going to my 5th weeks, tested positive last week when i go for a checkup at the gynae.
But i realised i have very bad bloating,that my stomach look like its 4-5 mths preggy.

Anyone feels the same as me? Not sure if this is normal.

Ohyeah, and how do i join the whatsapp or fb grp ?? hehe

Thanks in advance!:)

Hello Ladies.

I should be EDD late sept. Missed my period on 16th Jan and tested positive 3 days later. this week should be the 6 week I guess. going to the gynae to do check up later =)

Super excited as this is our first baby =)

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I just tested positive. According to my calculation my edd is 30th sept. This is my #2. I'm keeping my fingers cross cos I just had a mc last year. I will be going to my gynae clinic tomorrow, before seeing my gynae on the 7th week, to take blood test and progesterone jab to support the pregnancy.

Hello all mommy to be!

Im currently going to my 5th weeks, tested positive last week when i go for a checkup at the gynae.
But i realised i have very bad bloating,that my stomach look like its 4-5 mths preggy.

Anyone feels the same as me? Not sure if this is normal.

Ohyeah, and how do i join the whatsapp or fb grp ?? hehe

Thanks in advance!:)

yes i am experiencing bloating since i am about 4-5weeks pregnant.. did checked with gynae, he say it was normal. so don't worry.

Back