What to eat?

evantxn

Hi :)

I'm a first time mummy and I've just hit my second trimester. Any recommendations on what food should I eat and should not?

Powdered milk, fresh milk and soy milk makes me puke really bad so is there anything that I can substitute it with?

I also really dislike the taste of meat nowadays, even chicken! I mostly eat fish but is there anyway which I can overcome this? & will it become a problem for the baby??

Thanks!

Hi there,

I'm also blur as to what I should or should not eat.
But to play it safe, I don't eat those 'liang' stuff which our mummies used to tell us.
No pineapples, no watermelon. :)

And I don't take my sashimi :(

Perhaps you can supplement those nutrients needed with some pills lorrr? But do check with your doc first.

Anyway, let's wait for any kind sistas to enlighten us!! jiayou!! :cool:

Hi mummies.

I just hit 3rd trimester (first time mummy). It is so difficult to know what we should eat or not to eat. Everyone is telling different things. Basically for me, I eat and drink almost anything I want. But have it moderate. But there is still a short list that I will still avoid.

What I avoid
- Pineapple (my gynea said no!)
- Sashimi (my favourite~ can't wait for confinement to be over)
- Tuna (can eat but only one serving which I rather not eat; too little)
- Mackerel
- Alcohol

What I intake
- Everything except the mentioned above (these includes Maggie mee, fast foods, bubble teas, icy desserts, titbits, etc; yeah I know I am a bad mummy :rolleyes:)

Maybe you can try soy beancurd instead to see how its goes. Or use other foods / fruits to substitute. I am not a fan of fresh milk expect for soy milk. I don't think it will be a problem if you don't take meats as my sis-in-law hardly take any meats during her preggy days and the baby is good and health when birth. Fish is good and have omega 3 (I love fish) so don't avoid eating fish :) Oh ya, it is normal to puke very badly during 1st trimester cause I puked almost everything anything except for light foods (actually, I puke at times too).

As you are in 2nd trimester, slowly you will be 'back-to-normal' and eat like a monster (ok maybe just me. But yeah, my hub call me monster cause he never seen me eating non-stop before). Well it happened to me as my 1st trimester was a total disaster for me as I only can take 'healthy / light' foods. I think one slice of watermelon is fine. Not a fan of pineapple :D Like mmjbbe said before you take any supplement do consult your gynea. For me, I only take what my gynea gave.

Back