new mum needs help!

ummajojo

Anyone knows if it's safe to paste double eyelid stickers on newborn baby's eyes?

My mil insisted to paste and even though hubby & I are against it, she still paste.. She also press my son's nose everyday to make it shaper...

I'm very disturbed by all these.. As a new mum, things are alrdy v challenging esp with breastfeeding.. Mil is making things even worst with all her stunts...

Pls share your experiences & thoughts... so upset now.....

Anyone knows if it's safe to paste double eyelid stickers on newborn baby's eyes?

My mil insisted to paste and even though hubby & I are against it, she still paste.. She also press my son's nose everyday to make it shaper...

I'm very disturbed by all these.. As a new mum, things are alrdy v challenging esp with breastfeeding.. Mil is making things even worst with all her stunts...

Pls share your experiences & thoughts... so upset now.....
Oh my ... Pinching of nose bridge, THAT I've heard .. But stickers on NB's eyes is a first !!! How long has she been doing this ??
what is ur darling's reactions ? Is BB Reaching and rubbing or chill-lax about it .?!
That sticker thingy she uses , are they those thin and transparent meant meant for adult ? When is ur BBs next DRs appt ?? Best bring her along for ur BB NEXT CHKUP .. And let the Doctor tell her OFF .
Even baby born with double Eyelids , the line does not show til much older unlike 'AngMo' baby.
In the mean time , you must focus more on things within your control .. Like nursing and getting your much need rest and TRY finding a person whom ur MIL listens TO , to talk some sense to her ( MIL)
PLEASE pleassssse take care and keep these two words in mind , tell ur self Never Mind' never mind Nvr mind .. And a lot of thing will be better . I feel for you take care

Last edited:
It didn't really affect the baby but I just don feel comfortable abt it... I think whether baby hv high nose bridge or dbl eyelid is genetic lor.. Just scare hurt the baby skin or bone structure.. Hais. I kept telling myself nvm nvm but I ended just crying in the room feeling helpless while watching my son going thru the "plastics-surgeries" fr my mil..

It didn't really affect the baby but I just don feel comfortable abt it... I think whether baby hv high nose bridge or dbl eyelid is genetic lor.. Just scare hurt the baby skin or bone structure.. Hais. I kept telling myself nvm nvm but I ended just crying in the room feeling helpless while watching my son going thru the "plastics-surgeries" fr my mil..

This sad and helpless feelings you are having now could also be hormonal. (It does not help with all these extra things happening Ard u )
It doesn't matter if this is ur first or last child ...
I remembered having this very desperate feeling a couple of months after having my last child , some 17 yrs ago .. For a few nights in a row , I was crying in bed ( silently ) having crazy thoughts going thru my mind ......Just Wanting to run away from home with my new born . Thinking to myself then ''Good thing that I'm TBFing my girl , I need not worry abt milk bottles / powder etc . Just a few clothings is all I need . Was thinking / planning in my head which hotel I can afford .. And that it must be some hotel that we Nvr frequent also reminding myself that I must not pay by C card .. So that family member will not be able to trace or FIND US .
Just had this feeling
I HAD TO GET AWAY . !!!
Thank goodness it was not those CRAZY feelings of hurting myself or my child .
Those crazy , sad , desperate feelings just went away without me realizing it .
It is good that now u can share ur feelings here .. I had only my baby to whisper and cry to then .
Remember this ....
IT WILL PASS !! . As long As it is not hurting ur child .. Close an eye .. Put on some nice calming music , hug ur baby , sing to ur baby or read a book just get ur mind off things that bothers you
Think positive . Stay strong .... Good luck !! we're here for each other .

Thank u so much!!

If it doesn't hurt the baby I'm ok... Hv to learn to live with it I guess.. Hopefully things will get better...

Thank u so much!!

If it doesn't hurt the baby I'm ok... Hv to learn to live with it I guess.. Hopefully things will get better...

It WILL get better .. When ur little darling starts wanting you and smiling at you .It's all worth it .
Best bonding time is when your nursing him / her .. Great that u are doing TBFing

That's when ur BB need only you .
Even when he / she gets fussy .. Hum to ur BB ; talk to ur BB .. Enjoy ur Bb. All the best

Thank u so much!!

It WILL get better .. When ur little darling starts wanting you and smiling at you .It's all worth it .
Best bonding time is when your nursing him / her .. Great that u are doing TBFing

That's when ur BB need only you .
Even when he / she gets fussy .. Hum to ur BB ; talk to ur BB .. Enjoy ur Bb. All the best

Yup, i agree with @LovesNewBorns ... Its the feeling that accumulates n piles up each day tat makes thing worse. Sometimes u jus dun agree with wat ur in law does, but u aso dun wanna tell ur hub as it might strain the r/s n stuff...
Jus hope things will improve (but IMO it doesnt)..lol. So have to close both eyes.... Older gen ppl have a different mindset, but the most impt stuff is they wan the best for ur kid, n wont not harm them....its like reliving their younger self with their own kids kinda feel... :) cheer up n enjoy the bonding n laughter... U are lucky to have in laws to help tk care n play with ur kid..

U r really nice tempered. If me, I will 100% flare up.

Flare up with who .?? . BB or MIL ..??
Either one , you can't win .
Some BBs are are just cry BBs , it doesn't matter what u do they'll cry and cry . .. Worst .. They'll Wail at the top of their lungs . Relax and Take it that they are singing to you . Hee2
Just keep talk to Bb ...QUIETLY .
When u keep ursrlf calm .. The BB will calm down , too .
As for MIL .. Do not go head on with her .. U are the egg .. She's the stone wall . Why hurt urself .?? And put ur poor hubby I between his two most important pp.
Just tell MIL that you are very tired and wan a few hrs 'sleep' also Tell her u ARE locking the door as not to be disturbed . ( a MUST if not she'll get offended .. If u just go in rm and lock the door ) Lock urself in the room with ur Bb and Chil- lax .. this is very easy if ur TBFing BB . Another good reason to try harder on BF .
Sorry .. Rattling on& on ;p
Take care ALL .

Flare up with who .?? . BB or MIL ..??
Either one , you can't win .
Some BBs are are just cry BBs , it doesn't matter what u do they'll cry and cry . .. Worst .. They'll Wail at the top of their lungs . Relax and Take it that they are singing to you . Hee2
Just keep talk to Bb ...QUIETLY .
When u keep ursrlf calm .. The BB will calm down , too .
As for MIL .. Do not go head on with her .. U are the egg .. She's the stone wall . Why hurt urself .?? And put ur poor hubby I between his two most important pp.
Just tell MIL that you are very tired and wan a few hrs 'sleep' also Tell her u ARE locking the door as not to be disturbed . ( a MUST if not she'll get offended .. If u just go in rm and lock the door ) Lock urself in the room with ur Bb and Chil- lax .. this is very easy if ur TBFing BB . Another good reason to try harder on BF .
Sorry .. Rattling on& on ;p
Take care ALL .

Keke my "baby" has already grown into a p3. I m referring to mil.
Though mil and i have been getting along well, I am a very straight forward person who "flare" because I can't tolerate such kind of nonsense.
Last time when I was trying to bf and she was standing there, I just told her that I felt uncomfortable and asked her to wait outside.
And during the time when I was trying to latch my gal, both my mum and mil banged hard on my door because bb was crying so loud but I just refused to open because I know is all for the good of baby.
So now they know they can't interfere if I am discipling my gal.
If you know is for the better of your own kid, stand firm on your own stand.
If anyone, be it her or my mum stick something on my bb's eyes, i will definitely take it off. I myself felt so uncomfortable when there's a sticker sticking on my eyes let alone a baby and pinching nose is definitely a no no cause baby's nose is still so soft and will u like it when someone pinch your nose?
Do not need to be rude, u can still reject and insist to say no with a friendly smiley face.

Conflicts are inevitable in life. It's not about how to avoid, 忍 or pretend that it never exist but more on the ways of how we tackle and solve the issues with EQ.

If u bottom up your feelings, resentment will build over the years. However if u can communicate well, relationships can get along well due to better understanding of each other.

Last edited:
I heard about nose pinching to make the nose "higher" but double eyelid stickers!
Newborn babies have very delicate skin and better not to irritate their skin if not may result in rashes. Both my kids are single eyelids (hubby's genes) and I am fine with it.
And I do heard from friends that babies may grow double eyelids when they grow up:) but they definitely didn't use the sticker method!

Back