(2014) ivf mummies support group

lynn-me alone since end of week 4.. bad days r when baby dun wan sleep day n night.. i hav a urge 2cater confinm lunch 4myself 4a week...

my mum comes over few times a week for mayb 1 hour each i will try 2quickly finish é chores @then.. but smtime she create small mess 4me to clear also..

ifc starts march. already secured...

jia you..

Wah..joy you jia you too.
Btw mummies wanted to check with you all. Do you give your baby milk by timing like 3 to 4 hours once or only when baby crying for milk then you all give. My baby like will not be bother to eat one so I time like 3 to 4 hours wake her up to drink milk.

Btw mummies wanted to check with you all. Do you give your baby milk by timing like 3 to 4 hours once or only when baby crying for milk then you all give. My baby like will not be bother to eat one so I time like 3 to 4 hours wake her up to drink milk.

Bb cry than give

Lynn, you mean night time when she's sleeping or you mean day time? If it's night time, I don't wake her up, I just let her have her beauty sleep. If it's day time, I will see the situation. If 4 hours, she still doesn't cry for milk, I'll try and feed her. But so far I can never stretch beyond 4 hours because I'm total breastfeeding. 3 hours is the max for me so far and that's because my baby is sleeping. Haha!

mines never strech more than 3hrs also... dun hav é chance 2wake baby up for milk daytime coz cry b4 times up
Joy, I try not to let my girl cry too much so the moment I see her sucking her fingers and not crying yet, I will feed her already. So in a way I'm constantly feeding her. Haha! It's very tiring at times but I enjoy this kind of bonding time with her, especially when she sees me, she will smile brightly. :)

Mine also the most 3hrs and only night feed sometimes can stretch 4hrs. Now that I try to latch younger I Agree on the bonding part. I can say younger feels closer to me now and I able to calm her down faster compare to my elder. Sometimes to calm younger down all I need is offer my boobs and most times it works. I just hope my younger can continue to latch all the way despite having to drink from bottles more. I try to latch her daily now 1x or 2x out of the 7-8x feeds. I need to pump out more cause elder don't latch so I can't latch more on younger if not no supply for elder.

Anyone using pigeon wide neck bottles here? The nipple what size are U using already? At 3mths i somehow feel my girls like prefer the ss size which is for newborn. I change to s size for 1m+ seems fast flow for them.

Baby cry then give.

Mummies, my baby keep on sucking finger especially before she sleep, day or night. Just let it be or should do something about it?

Joy, you are all Alone also? No one to help? You manage to find ifc already?
Same I today do laundry, shower baby then after that she vomited got to clean her again. I am feeling like don't know what is called a proper sleep. Only sleep like 1 or 2 hours wake up and it repeats.
Others how did you manage to take your lunch? When baby is sleeping I manage to go shower myself. But buy lunch really like very difficult as my baby is sick don't want to bring her down.
Lynn, just started tingkat for one week

Mine also the most 3hrs and only night feed sometimes can stretch 4hrs. Now that I try to latch younger I Agree on the bonding part. I can say younger feels closer to me now and I able to calm her down faster compare to my elder. Sometimes to calm younger down all I need is offer my boobs and most times it works. I just hope my younger can continue to latch all the way despite having to drink from bottles more. I try to latch her daily now 1x or 2x out of the 7-8x feeds. I need to pump out more cause elder don't latch so I can't latch more on younger if not no supply for elder.

Anyone using pigeon wide neck bottles here? The nipple what size are U using already? At 3mths i somehow feel my girls like prefer the ss size which is for newborn. I change to s size for 1m+ seems fast flow for them.

I am using pigeon wide neck. Hv changed to S size since week 7.

She is ok. I think the S teats is still slower than my breast. Cos when I pump I can see my flow is very strong. Most of the time when I DL, my girl will cough n choke and then release. Once she releases I can see the bm spraying out very fast.

Mine can sleep like 8 hours don't want milk leh... That's why I ask this question.
Lynn, how much are you feeding her per feed? Maybe you feed a lot at one go? If it's not a lot, I suggest maybe bring her to see a PD to make sure everything's alright. Or she could be someone who doesn't cry for milk. Like my girl, she doesn't cry when she poos and her poo is a lot at one go and can stain her clothes but she doesn't feel uncomfortable and she doesn't cry to be changed. But still as parents, we cannot ignore because we will check her diaper status every 3 or 4 hours.

Mummies, my baby keep on sucking finger especially before she sleep, day or night. Just let it be or should do something about it?
bb_hc, she could be hungry or she appears to be hungry (rooting reflex). You can google about rooting reflex. My girl also sucks her fingers but she doesn't do it all the time. If baby sucks her fingers before she sleeps, it's her way of self soothing to sleep on her own. You can google about baby's sleep.

Just try to keep her fingers as clean as possible. That's what I do.

Mschar yes when I latch my girl she always show the vomit sign. But don't understand why now already almost 3mths they still can't seems to enjoy size s teats.

I went to the bb fair just now so tempted to get a hip carrier and deciding i-angel or pognae brand both made in korea. Any reviews on this two brand?

Cheerywalnuts I saw the icandy stroller just now so tempted to get but end up dh say still better to get side by side cause baby will want to see outside world. So we on hold again.

Mschar yes when I latch my girl she always show the vomit sign. But don't understand why now already almost 3mths they still can't seems to enjoy size s teats.

I went to the bb fair just now so tempted to get a hip carrier and deciding i-angel or pognae brand both made in korea. Any reviews on this two brand?

Cheerywalnuts I saw the icandy stroller just now so tempted to get but end up dh say still better to get side by side cause baby will want to see outside world. So we on hold again.

Not advisable to get a hip carrier is not good for their hip bone

Note:We do not recommend hipseat as a babycarrier as it does not fulfil the T and S of TICKS

We also recomend that parents carry their child facing them instead of forward facing (FF) . We understand that some people like to carry FF because they believe that their child loves to face outwards and look around. However we would like u to take note of the below (words from our BWE Afifah)

1) over stimulate: its important that we understand what this means. overstimulated baby can happen when baby being passed around too many people around the room or simply at wedding when so many ppl want to hold baby. some babies might just cry out loud then they do not know how to settle down. it takes awhile for them to sleep; reason being too tired. Just like how we watch some action-packed movies before we sleep. we might need at least a couple of minutes to unwind and then fall asleep. how do we relate this to ff? simply, babies being worn facing out might not have that 'time-out'. too much to see and no one to hug when they need that rest. being worn facing in will allow baby to explore at their comfort. they do need many2 time out. they can do that by snuggling on our chest. so its abit diff for us to tell how long can we ff, even in a short period of time. because. each baby is diff and their ability to be 'faced-out' w no snuggly time might overwhelm them. also some studies says that overstimulated babies might leed to hyperactive baby.

2) hip/spine development. we want to highlight and promote safe babywearing, so optimum body positioning is knee to knee. M shape. Bum lower than knee. and for below 1yo especially we want to promote spine C shape curl. So we shall choose carriers that can promote that. We cant tell especially if Hipseat carrier (stokke/iangle) is the best positioning for babies especially when they do not sit upright yet (below 1yo). and hipseats does not allow knees to knee (knees higher than bum).

3) Facing In: lets focus on what can us benefit from, after seeing all the comments and sharings above on the negativity of ff. what I hv learned from my bw coach, babies do learn ALOT when they face in. when they look at you. they will observe your lips, teeth when we speak; they will then mimic mommy's mouth. they will learn how mommy say words and how mommy's lips moves. This will then help them w their speech develpmt, becoz baby is always close and facing mom. they get to experience this all the time when u bw. its true that all babies are curious, they want to 'see the world' to explore, but isn't it great if they get to watch mom talking while explaining abt how pretty the flowers are, the colors of the cars, catch the glimpse of the airplanes in the sky. they still can explore their surroundings being facing in. it depends on how we interact and make use of that closeness to benefit our bab

UNQUOTE

If your baby likes to look around, u can consider hip carry or a high back carry. However, even if you are carrying in an SSC, it will not deter a curious baby from looking around. See this thread on KPO babies in front carry, hip carry and back carry. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=520966131365828&set=gm.256916214507012&type=1

Iwantahealthybaby, i din see them yesterday when i went.. a fast trip for me cos very crowded.. Got the Anna matthew nursing bra, suanivex pacifier, parklon playmat n nuk wipes

I went to the baby world fair yesterday. Only bought 4 nursing tops.

Iwahb, I don't think you should buy another stroller since you've got single and double strollers already. I bought I-angel hipster seat carrier last Aug. Have not used it. Think it's more suitable when baby is bigger.

Anyone changing diaper brand? I'm changing to Merries. Tried samples and love it to bits.

Merries is of course one of the best. But the most ex if I am not wrong. I save some money so I using mamy poko. Lol.
Btw ladies if you want to get cheap diapers or milk powder cheaper than fair you can get from kimsang. http://Luvbabies.kimsang.com.sg/
Many mummies in Singapore order from here.

Btw want to check with you ladies. I wanted to try my carrier today but when my mil saw it and said don't let baby sit in such a position as baby leg open open next time walk also open leg. Is it true meh?

Thanks snow for the details. But want to ask what U mean no good for hip bone? For ergo carrier how? Cause when I use that now my girls leg also spread out already not m shape inside the carrier.

Ya Faithfullyours I decided to not get another stroller lol save money. As for carrier now that snow mention I also having 2nd thoughts.

Cheery they are at a small section near the left side entrance. Very Chio the stroller haha the price even more chio!

I went to get the zoli nail cutter today try on my girls so easy but I use the pink one like not very fast can trim maybe I should use the other color.

Merries is of course one of the best. But the most ex if I am not wrong. I save some money so I using mamy poko. Lol.
Btw ladies if you want to get cheap diapers or milk powder cheaper than fair you can get from kimsang. http://Luvbabies.kimsang.com.sg/
Many mummies in Singapore order from here.
Yup Merries is the most expensive diaper brand in SG. Per piece for S size costs $0.38. Even more expensive than Pampers. Pampers per piece for S size is $0.31. Maybe I'll go JB to buy. Day time I'm still using Pet Pet since I change every 3 to 4 hours.

faith-u usin pet pet small siz? we use it day n night n outin.. but at night realise it really cannot hold well... urine leak a bit.. day tom still ok.. poo will overflow from waist smtimes...

i very tempted 2get ring sling or pouch carrier also.. imagine it will b easier for breast feedin while walkin .. but tryin 2hold back.. 2many thgs 2brg out...

ergo by right with infant insert baby will be sittin like frog leg with é pillow... saw from a video demo..

i trim baby nails with baby sissors.. managed 2do both hands n feet while breast feeding...

Btw want to check with you ladies. I wanted to try my carrier today but when my mil saw it and said don't let baby sit in such a position as baby leg open open next time walk also open leg. Is it true meh?

Nope is not true. When u look around u almost all mummies are using bb carrier

Thanks snow for the details. But want to ask what U mean no good for hip bone? For ergo carrier how? Cause when I use that now my girls leg also spread out already not m shape inside the carrier.

Ya Faithfullyours I decided to not get another stroller lol save money. As for carrier now that snow mention I also having 2nd thoughts.

Cheery they are at a small section near the left side entrance. Very Chio the stroller haha the price even more chio!

I went to get the zoli nail cutter today try on my girls so easy but I use the pink one like not very fast can trim maybe I should use the other color.

The M shape is referring to the butt. The leg muz be in 90 degree when hanging. Maybe ur gals not tall enough when I use the ergo to carry my boy when he's 3 mth old he's leg is not 90 degree also. But now he can do that. There's a babywearing community in Facebook. If u want I can add u in, they are the consultant n will tell u why hip seat n front facing is not good. N why the recommend not to use it as it will abstract their hip or spine. I think so la, but if u want to know more Abt it, best is to consult them.

The Zoli trimmer u muz cut ur gals fingernail first before trimming de. N there are colours to indicate frm which mth onwards use which colour

faith-u usin pet pet small siz? we use it day n night n outin.. but at night realise it really cannot hold well... urine leak a bit.. day tom still ok.. poo will overflow from waist smtimes...

i very tempted 2get ring sling or pouch carrier also.. imagine it will b easier for breast feedin while walkin .. but tryin 2hold back.. 2many thgs 2brg out...

ergo by right with infant insert baby will be sittin like frog leg with é pillow... saw from a video demo..

i trim baby nails with baby sissors.. managed 2do both hands n feet while breast feeding...
Joy, yes I bought a lot of Pet Pet diapers during the last Oct fair for day use. Yup Pet Pet cannot hold pee and poo too well. If we change every 3 hours, still not so bad. I'm using Pampers during night time and going out. Absorbency is better. But I notice when my girl has massive poo, Pampers still leaks. I read and heard that Merries won't leak and absorbency is superb so I'm giving it a try. But I really love the softness of Merries. Bought one bag of Merries S size. Read that it was in market long ago then it was discontinued due to its unpopularity and it came back again only in 2013. Last Oct, I really saw a lot of people bulk purchase Merries diapers cartons by cartons.

I'm also using Beautex baby wipes now when we go out. Beautex is more watery, cheaper and bigger than Pigeon and I like it that it comes with a cover for the opening. Pigeon doesn't have it unless we buy the box cover. But I have stock up quite a bit of Pigeon baby wipes so slowly use lah. I also chanced upon this baby wipes called Babes wet wipes. Cost only $4.95 for 3 packs. Each pack has 80 pieces. Very tempted to buy because can save money.

faith-u can try this one to put on top of piegon wetwipes.. saw some booth sellin @è suntec baby fair also.. my bff bought for me... can keep recycling. not sticky liao jus rinse with water and it will be good.

http://tlo.com.sg/shop/index.php/javalock-reuseable-wet-wipe-cover-made-in-korea.html

we hav a lot of pet pet also.. bought è 30+ pack S siz 2try 1st. it was ok n we stock up more..

talkin about babyfair-spring maternity bra 1 for 1.. i queued for quite a while 2pay..

@iwanthealthybaby for ur info why the babywearing community don't recommend hip seat

None. Hip seats aren't ergonomic and pulls baby's spine into the complete opposite position it should be in for healthy development. They also pull on the wearer's back. A better option would be a ring sling in the proper upright position, wrap or a soft structured carrier

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 162
I'm also using Beautex baby wipes now when we go out. Beautex is more watery, cheaper and bigger than Pigeon and I like it that it comes with a cover for the opening. Pigeon doesn't have it unless we buy the box cover. But I have stock up quite a bit of Pigeon baby wipes so slowly use lah. I also chanced upon this baby wipes called Babes wet wipes. Cost only $4.95 for 3 packs. Each pack has 80 pieces. Very tempted to buy because can save money.

Faith, where to buy babes wet wipes?

I let my girl wear Merries diaper today from 5 plus pm to 10 plus pm and I'm so impressed with the absorbency of the diaper. Totally dry! Anyway I also start to let my girl wear petpet diaper M size today. Find the S size a bit too tight for her. I still have 1 pack of newborn and 2 packs of size S unopened.

Last edited:
faith-keep for baby num#2! wats ur ger weight now?
Joy, haha! Yeah hor. How long can I keep the diapers? Do diapers have a shell life? Because to try for #2, think will be in 2016. Also don't know will it be successful or not. I intend to breastfeed my girl for 12 months.

I don't know how heavy my girl is now. Only know she weighed 5 kg on 6 Jan using KKH machine. I use my own weighing machine, our total weight minus my weight, her weight is not consistent. Sometimes 5.8 kg, sometimes 5.4 kg, sometimes 5.6 kg. Sometimes 6 kg. Think my machine is lousy. I changed to petpet size M because I see that size S always leaves 2 lines at the thigh area.

By the way, do you all apply nappy rash cream for each diaper change? My CL taught me to apply for each diaper change even if there is no nappy rash. She said it's to prevent. But I also read there's no need to apply if there's no nappy rash.

Just didn't wake her up, not sure is that ok for her. Not sure whether all baby would cry for milk when hungry.
Oh I see. Does your baby make noises but not crying and when you check on her, she is like sucking her fingers at night? Coz mine doesn't cry for milk at night but will make noises and when I check on her, she is sucking her fingers so I take it that she's hungry and I will feed her. Last night I had my best sleep because she slept at 11.30 pm and only made noises at 3.30 am. I fed her, changed diaper and she went back to sleep and only made noises at 8.30 am.

faith your girl about 2.5m liao? tat's good timin, looks lik soon she can sleep through è night...

i try 2put nappy cream most of è time.. but not when we r out. my baby cheeks got red dry patches.. not sure if it's jus rashes or eczema..

Thanks snow for the details on carrier and I decided not to get hip seat one hehe. But might consider ergo 360 maybe later. M thinking of 360 better than the normal ergo carrier. But 360 material thicker maybe abit Warmer for bb.

Yesterday my elder lost it. Cry till very Cham like what. Pacify already sleep then less than 15min cry again. On off 3x. She keeps having saliva on mouth m wondering any chance she growing teeth. And after she cry till dl Cham her whole body break out into cold sweat. Have u all experience this? My dad say is cause she cry. But I m thinking Isit unwell or cry the cold sweat.

Cny coming and maternity ending so sad. Parting with my girls and sending them ifc. So worried they fall sick easily.

Thanks snow for the details on carrier and I decided not to get hip seat one hehe. But might consider ergo 360 maybe later. M thinking of 360 better than the normal ergo carrier. But 360 material thicker maybe abit Warmer for bb.

Yesterday my elder lost it. Cry till very Cham like what. Pacify already sleep then less than 15min cry again. On off 3x. She keeps having saliva on mouth m wondering any chance she growing teeth. And after she cry till dl Cham her whole body break out into cold sweat. Have u all experience this? My dad say is cause she cry. But I m thinking Isit unwell or cry the cold sweat.

Cny coming and maternity ending so sad. Parting with my girls and sending them ifc. So worried they fall sick easily.

U can look for organic ergo the material is soft. I'm using those basic ergo, now looking for manduca as a spare haha the ergo I'm using is preloved de. Bought at $90 the previous person use less than 5 times so is a good buy for me.

Back