Any chance of CHANGING the restriction on new members ..?

kristalangel

Is it possible to CHANGE the restriction of NEW (under a year) forum members being UNABLE to post in the WTS and Overseas Spree section to allow them to POST in someone's thread but NOT TO START ONE?

It's frustrating when I want to post my orders in someone's ongoing spree but the PM system is down or it's mega delayed and by the time the spree organizer gets my PM (if at all), the spree is FULL *sob* ...

I am sure there are a fair lot of us who are active in the forum .. but who have joined for less than a year who simply want to be able to post in the Overseas Spree section - TO JOIN someone's spree and NOT to start one. Even in the WTS section, it would be nice if us newbies could post questions about someone's sale item instead of relying on the PM system if the seller hasn't posted his/her email address.

I really hope the moderators can look into this possibility
happy.gif

Hi samantha, I totally agree with you. Sometimes there are sprees that we really want to join but without email address of the seller, we have no choice but to give it a miss...

I agree with samantha.

Recently there were several items that i wanted to buy from threads in the WTS and Overseas BP sections, but due to restrictions I had to rely on PM and emails to place the order.

It was a frustrating experience especially since I paid & didn't hear from the organiser. Still haven't heard from her, so keeping my fingers crossed that $ hasn't gone down a black hole.

no wonder i kept trying dozen of times but couldn't start threads/PM in the WTS. i e-mailed the moderator for help but didn't get any reply from her!

I have been trying to post my message to buy Leapfrog DVDs for my girl but just couldn't succeed. Now then I realise that new member couldn't buy from the threads. So disappointed...

Just like soo(elsie soo), i encountered same experience. Scared the seller take advantage of the fact we cannot post in their threads(and so other buyers dun know our PAID status) already transfeered $ liao..Now worried my $ has gone down the drain :-(

Elsie, how long have u been waiting for the seller to respond?

Rubber ducky,

In the end I managed to meet up with her & collected my stuff. These days I ensure that I only pay upon meetup. I don't transfer $ anymore

I do think it is a good idea to revise cos there are many new members who are active in the forums and are serious buyers who want to purchase/get the items but are unable to do so with the restrictions in place. Furthermore, Im sure there are many many more new members coming into this site after being introduced by the old members....new mtbs to be exact....And some of the offers are way much better than the ones outside. Thus making it affordable for those who cant afford it buying off the shelves...
happy.gif

yah, i emailed moderator so many times, but looks like this issue is still outstanding. It is frustrating. Can't really participate in overseas spree. Is moderator missing?

I've looked thru alot of posts in the Forum. Seems like most of suggestions, or feedbacks are not responded by moderator at all. Sigh. Should allocate some moderators to look at this issues.

Back