Infant care recommendation near Queenstown?

There is one at Mei Ling Street, PCF Sparkletots. It is a stone throw away from the Queenstown train station.

My little one goes there as we are staying in that area. I reckon that it is quite good. The teachers are caring and my girl enjoys her time there. She is always looking forward to go to "school". It is 25C regulated air-con environment and they will only turn it off when there are cases of hfmd etc.

The teachers are friendly and approachable. However, I guess it is a norm everywhere with moderately high teachers turnover rate. My girl has been there for more than 12 months and I have seen new faces every quarter. Currently there are 10 infants including my girl and recently they had reported 2 cases of HFMD- one happened to be my girl. Sigh.. so they have stepped up the health screening so much so they even denied my girl to enter the class despite me producing the doctor certified her ok discharged letter to return to school after she has completed her MC period. They claimed that the 2 dried blisters on her palms may indicate that she was still not well. So not too sure should parents be happy about their paranoid health screening procedure. But the principal is always happy to hear your views and will try to accommodate/ compromise your needs.

To be honest, I wasn't really very pleased as my girl has been denied a few types from entering the class during morning rush hours for general wetness in the nose which they consider that as runny nose. As working parents, such issues are very disruptive as sometime we just cant leave our work on an urgent basis. But however, there may be some parents that find such thorough health screening procedure a plus point. At least you know the policy as such and your child should be well taken care of and free from bugs.

They do have yearly Christmas party and gathering and sometime you get free magazines. It is auto-upgrade to childcare or preschool next door and there is no need to be on the waiting list or reapply a place for your child. Meals are provided- Breakfast, lunch and sometimes they get snacks like biscuits. If you are not a fussy mommy for your child's meals I think it is fine. At least, it saves you the time to prepare meals everyday. They serve nestlac cereals and porridge with vegetables, chicken, fish, peas etc, depending on what the kitchen prepares. They provide halal food. Unless due to special diet needs, then they allow you to bring your own food.

This infant care centre was set-up fairly recently I think sometime end of 2012 or beginning of 2013 so the facilities and equipments are quite new.

Hope the above information helps.

Back