(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

M: haha their green thing! Now he changed his fave colour! But can see he is slightly better with colours... I am really worried cos I have colour defiency myself.

Gina: give birth already?? I also agree tt reverse psychology works. So when my son sees us with cold drinks etc he will ask for them and we will say "la la" (spicy). But now he immune Liao so when we ask him to share his food with us and he dun wan, he will say "la la" also.... Faint...

Itsy: congrats!

Toilet training: actually my boy was quite trained when he was 1+ but we did not remove his diapers but he will tell us he wanna pee or poo. But when it's night time and he wanna pee we will just ask him to pee in his diapers cos lazy to bring him to the toilet so tt delayed his potty training. Now he can go without diapers in the day and even his afternoon nap but when he wears diapers he will poo in it then tell us he wanna poo. Potty training is tiring for parents cos need to do a lot of mopping and washing! Haha and I stocked too much diaper so still let him use

COnnie, ya already bought all sorts of potty for him. Last one is the music one. Slightly better now. Morning sleep wake up pee n before sleep. But got to keep reminding him to pee in toilet. Now he dun wanna wear diapers but he keep forget n pee in pants. Worst is he never wanna poo in potty. Will poo in pants. Shall train him slowly

Cookies, I also too much diapers. But nvm lI. Keep for #2?

anyone has contacts for ordering milk powder? the lady i am ordering from not selling anymore
sad.gif

Hello!
happy.gif
I popped on 20th at home.. yeah u didn't see wrongly.. at home.

Now #1 is kind of "unstable" but apparently quite normal. Say her a bit, never scold her, scold her she also have the same reaction- cry. -_-" It's a love hate relationship with her mei mei. Sometimes she does things on purpose even when specifically told not to with warnings. Argh.

Luckily now I have a new helper to help me with #1 while i rest or feed #2.

gina,
Congrate. How does this happen at home?

Was told tt we need to buy gift exchange for the kids when we intro them. Take your time, initial rejection quite normal but do pay more attention to #1.

Gina,
Congratulations!
Well, my #1 also very jealous of #2 leh.. really need alot of patience to handle him. Always "geh geh" do things to attract our attention, e.g. purposely fall down etc.. he is still not very good in sharing with his didi. Even didi accidentally touches him, he will cry, "pain pain"

Picky Eater
Gina, cookiez, Thanks for your recommendations. I have tried using reverse psychology, but at times he can be really stubborn, rather go hunger than eating the food u prepared. Then i read an article online saying that we should monitor food intake of the kids by week, meaning as long as he is eating something within a week, then just relax and not worry if he is not eating for today. Well, its really true.. we did monitor and find that some days he eat well, and some days he is just as picky. So, we got use to it and leave him alone if he chooses to stay hungry.

Potty Train,
Have not started on this yet
sad.gif
Guess my HB will be very frustrated when comes to cleaning and mopping. But I heard from a cousin that during potty training, we need to bring them to the toilet very frequently and ask them whether want to pee or not, instead of waiting for them to say that they wanna pee. I really dun have the guts to do it.. training on poo first.. but his night diapers are still very full in the morning leh.. guess not ready?

ABC and colors,

Mine knows his ABC, colors, shapes, body parts well. Thanks to my parents who taught him well before he attended school. Partially he also learn from TV and iPad. Now school is teaching him phonics and i downloaded phonics video for him on iPad. Now i am trying to brush him up on chinese. Actually, I consider lazy, did not teach much, mostly leave to the teachers at school :p

Clim, I did buy gifts for them. But guess #1 just needs more time ba. Blame it on my stubbornness (again). Thought I can tahan till my girl come back from playgroup and say bye to her before heading to KKH. But contractions came fast and furious within 3hours T_T By the time I tell hub I need to go KKH, I was in severe pain, screaming in toilet le. My girl saw me scream.. she cry lo. Poor thing. Plus I no energy to sayang her at that time.

Think i traumatized the 5 men in the room (4 paramedics and 1 hub and no, my girl didn't see the process thank goodness). Only one is experienced I think. He ask for needle, colleague pass him tongs. Hahahaha.. So mine was not a midwife! Delivered by paramedic and sent to KKH to stitch up by ambulance.

Maelyn, now I can't really use reverse psychology on my #1 as now got mei mei. Now u ask her to bite show u, she really will bite -_-"" and yar she will do things on purpose..

Gina
Wow! Your 2nd delivery is really unusual. Luckily you are experienced already.. hehe

Maelyn
I tried to potty train mine but it wasn't working very well because normally she's taken care by my mom and I'm not at home all the time and my mom is too busy to potty train her. Weekends we are always out so it's close to impossible to potty train too.

The school actually helped a lot. The teacher wrote in the comm book that she thinks she's ready to go without diapers in school. So I put her in diaper when she boards the school bus and the teacher will remove it. They bring them to the toilet quite frequently and according to the teacher she was able to indicate when she wants to go to the toilet. I got my mom to let her go without diapers at home too. Until bedtime. She's been able to let us know when she needs to use the toilet, of course, accidents do happen sometimes when she's too focused on her toys.

Next step is to see if I can wean her away from diapers for the bus rides and the afternoon nap.

The night one is more tricky and I know a lot of children still wear diapers to sleep at night although they are toilet trained in the day.

I guess we just have to give them more time.

Gina,
Sound very exciting. Your gynae wait for you in the hospital? Did the paramedic handle your new born for you? So birth cert will state Home as place of birth?

For your #1 case also fast delivery? My gynae will tell me to induce cause my case is fast, if not induce he cannot guarranttee where I will give birth. So #2 is induce n 2 hrs bb out.

Gina> wow so at least u managed to call ambulance and they came to deliver for u... But 4 male paramedics??????
Why no female de...
And all 4male stand and watch u push???
Wa kao!!!

They didn't manage to come and send u to KKH huh? U must have dilated quite a bit by then....

Heheh... Adventurous!! Ur #2 will have a story to tell next time...

Take care!!
happy.gif

potbelly, apparently not very experienced enough to time the contractions and get my ass to the hospital! WAHAHHAHA

connie, Yep more experienced paramedic ask hub for towel blah blah to wrap bb, he cut the cord and clamp it, he pulled placenta out, inject me with something to stop bleeding etc no stitching though (thank goodness). the rest just er.. stare and listen to instructions LOL

my gynae was having an op when my hub called him after he called SCDF. i waited in delivery suite for like 2hrs before he dropped by to stitch me up :p

yep #1 also quite fast. about 2.5hrs after waterbag burst. but I was already admitted in and was waiting stubbornly (refuse to break waterbag/induce etc)

yeah place of birth on cert is my address WAHAHAHA.. and you get priceless expressions from doctors/nurses when I correct them say bb is not born in hospital.

Rach, yar lo... all paramedics are men! HENG got 1 experienced de. By the time I tell hub i bth need to go, already too late. SCDF reach nia less than 5mins I pop le. cause really got urge to push. can feel bb head pushing out T_T

Nurses at KKH also O_O when ambulance arrive with me and bb. haha..

FM LOBANG!! I interested! hahaha what brands you have?!?!

Hi mummies,

Sorry for interruption.

Any kids going to Sunflower childcare? I have 2 sets of uniform and 2 sets of PE attire for sale. All BRAND NEW. Size is M. Letting go at reasonable price.
My child is not attending the childcare but I have bought it during the trial period.

PLS PM if Keen! Thank you!

HihI!!

Anyone has started bringing your kiddo to the dentist?
I wanna bring my girl to the dentist when she turns 3 in september.

Hi mummies,

Are you having any birthday party for your kiddo? I'm looking around for a party venue for about 20 kids.... any recommendation? Cant do it at home this year......

I'm going to bring my girl to the dentist this week. I hope she doesnt get scared or terrified.
I'm bringing her to the Smile CLinic at Woodlands.

Hi mummies,
How are all your bubs doing?
Mine is getting worst.. not sure if its because his bday is coming... :p haha.. Yesterday I had a long and winding day as my 3 year old (soon-to-be) becomes so whiny.. cried 3 times yesterday and each session was for at least 15 min long?? Any mummies has got good parenting book to share? I think its time for me to read up some tips.
sad.gif

gummymummy: If you have the budget..Macdonalds? Or maybe you can get friends to help book function rooms in condos
happy.gif
then arrange for buffet etc.

maelyn: mine also throwing tantrums... it's been awhile. will only stop after she vomit -_-" BTH.

if you can read chinese, try 好妈妈,胜过好老师。I borrowed it from the NLB
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Merry Merry Christmas!!!</font></font>

Rayanne is spending Christmas in the hospital this year... hur hur hur!

Haha....here really all spidey webs. CNY also nobody came, keke

Hello everyone! how is everyone doing? Had a great CNY I hope
happy.gif
Finally recalled my password...hahaha...

Dear Mummies,

Any recommendations for Diego birthday cakes or nice birthday cakes? I'm having such a hard time searching for one. :confused:

Happy21.. No leh.. I also having a headache regarding P1 registration.. haha but considering sending my girl back to where I studied.. PLMGPS.. but have to join Alumni.. $100. Heard good schools charge more.. Nanyang Pri alumni fee $1k!

But to my man, if the kids can study, go any school also can top. why sweat about going to a so called good school? Tsk tsk. I checked with a few other friends, apparently it's quite a common theory among men :p

Sorry not familiar with Sembawang side..

Pamelia, perhaps you can try simple snack instead of supper? I find that I can't sleep well if I have full supper and I'll dream of food if I dun eat anything b4 I sleep. So I'll take fruits or biscuits or anything light.
Hi Itsy,
Good Thought. I take just milk or juices.

Pamelia, perhaps you can try simple snack instead of supper? I find that I can't sleep well if I have full supper and I'll dream of food if I dun eat anything b4 I sleep. So I'll take fruits or biscuits or anything light.
Hi Itsy,
Good Thought. I take just milk or juices.

Back