(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Hello Mummies,

I'm new to forums and 1st time mum at late 30s.
Hoping to get some advice or recommendations from experienced mummies here.

I went to see a random gynae last week and confirmed 6-7weeks pregnant plus there's a heartbeat! Yeay!! Tears of joy flowed and all... but the gynae was cold, gave not interested kind of replies and the clinic assistants rushing me to come in 2 wks time.
Ok.. now its time to look for another gynae..
PEH is my choice for now but still not sure which gynea.. any recommendations?

Frankly I'm quite lost here... what should I ask during the first visit?
How often should I visit the gynae?
Is it a must to scan baby at every visit?

I'm an emotional wreck now.. I cry over a slightest thing! When will this stop? Anybody experience this before?
Dun worry mummy. We tend to be more emotional during preggy. When i was having #1, i can even cried seeing my hubby sleeping so soundly whereas i need to wake up every 3hrd to pee... Feeling super unbalance. :p

Side track abit...
Sad to say I'm those gan chiong spider type...

Recently I'm researching on breast pump... my fren who just gave birth in Nov says that there is this Korean brand (I assume is spectra) which is better than medela.. any mums used this? Apparently the model m1 is the more portable version for the brand.. (can't ask too much from my fren else she know )

Also I was a bit lost on the "shield size"
Need do up a to buy list...

Hello Mummies,

I'm new to forums and 1st time mum at late 30s.
Hoping to get some advice or recommendations from experienced mummies here.

I went to see a random gynae last week and confirmed 6-7weeks pregnant plus there's a heartbeat! Yeay!! Tears of joy flowed and all... but the gynae was cold, gave not interested kind of replies and the clinic assistants rushing me to come in 2 wks time.
Ok.. now its time to look for another gynae..
PEH is my choice for now but still not sure which gynea.. any recommendations?

Frankly I'm quite lost here... what should I ask during the first visit?
How often should I visit the gynae?
Is it a must to scan baby at every visit?

I'm an emotional wreck now.. I cry over a slightest thing! When will this stop? Anybody experience this before?
Welcome to the forum and congratulations! You csn definitely find a lot of info and support for your pregnancy here :)

May I know what is PEH? There are many recommendations for good gynaes in the forum....I think a very popular one is Dr Benjamin Tham. It's important for you to be comfortable with your gynae as you will be seeing him/her for 9 months. Different ppl have different preferences so do have a think about what you want in your gynae. My gynae is Dr Yvonne Chan from TMC and I totally trust her ever since my last pregnancy 5 years ago.

In your first visit, you can find out your EDD. Can also ask gynae the dos and don'ts during your pregnancy. Your gynae will be able to schedule the visits accordingly. Usually for the 1st trimester, you will see them every 2 to 3 weeks. Mummies pls correct me if I'm wrong.

There's no need to scan the baby at every visit but most mummies would prefer to see their growing babies at every visit and to make sure that everything is going well.

Can I check with mummies here if we should be taking anything extra during this period? Currently, I am only on folic acid even though I have seen my gynae. She did not suggest any iron supplements, multi-vit etc and I am not sure if I should anyhow go start on something new myself.

Thanks in advance for the advices.

Im also burping like mad now... literally a frog. Anyone experiencing that? Its quite awful and pai sei when im with colleagues but im trying to "silent" as much.

@LM hidden charges! N irresponsible. Bet she's using her own (old) method of handling...

Dun worry mummy. We tend to be more emotional during preggy. When i was having #1, i can even cried seeing my hubby sleeping so soundly whereas i need to wake up every 3hrd to pee... Feeling super unbalance. :p

Thanks! at least that's comforting to know I'm not alone.. ;)

Can I check with mummies here if we should be taking anything extra during this period? Currently, I am only on folic acid even though I have seen my gynae. She did not suggest any iron supplements, multi-vit etc and I am not sure if I should anyhow go start on something new myself.

I'm on folic acid and vitamins b and c given by the gynae. I asked my gynae if I should start on calcium supplements etc and she said no need for now.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations! You csn definitely find a lot of info and support for your pregnancy here :)

May I know what is PEH? There are many recommendations for good gynaes in the forum....I think a very popular one is Dr Benjamin Tham. It's important for you to be comfortable with your gynae as you will be seeing him/her for 9 months. Different ppl have different preferences so do have a think about what you want in your gynae. My gynae is Dr Yvonne Chan from TMC and I totally trust her ever since my last pregnancy 5 years ago.

In your first visit, you can find out your EDD. Can also ask gynae the dos and don'ts during your pregnancy. Your gynae will be able to schedule the visits accordingly. Usually for the 1st trimester, you will see them every 2 to 3 weeks. Mummies pls correct me if I'm wrong.

There's no need to scan the baby at every visit but most mummies would prefer to see their growing babies at every visit and to make sure that everything is going well.

Thanks for the warm welcome and info! :)

PEH is Parkway East Hospital. I agree with you it is important to be comfortable with gynae.. so I've got no choice but to find reviews online and selecting from there.
I'm getting headaches reading from forum to forum just on this.. like some mummies put it.. gynae shopping.. lol

And I saw a lot of good reviews abt Dr Yvonne Chan *thumbs up*.

Im also burping like mad now... literally a frog. Anyone experiencing that? Its quite awful and pai sei when im with colleagues but im trying to "silent" as much.

@LM hidden charges! N irresponsible. Bet she's using her own (old) method of handling...

Also burping a lot. Especially if i am hungry.

Thanks for the warm welcome and info! :)

PEH is Parkway East Hospital. I agree with you it is important to be comfortable with gynae.. so I've got no choice but to find reviews online and selecting from there.
I'm getting headaches reading from forum to forum just on this.. like some mummies put it.. gynae shopping.. lol

And I saw a lot of good reviews abt Dr Yvonne Chan *thumbs up*.
If your mind is set on PEH, then perhaps you can narrow your search to those gynaes who will deliver there. No point shortlisting gynaes who can't deliver your baby at your hospital.

If your mind is set on PEH, then perhaps you can narrow your search to those gynaes who will deliver there. No point shortlisting gynaes who can't deliver your baby at your hospital.
My sis is seeing Dr Heng from PEH, i heard quite a few gd reviews from her and her friends. But she only deliver in PEH.

I was concerned too but was given multivitamin and folic. But im taking GNC 800g so nv get from clinic. Also taking Royal Jelly (been taking for years).
Read abit n seems 1st Tri only multivit and folic. so shld b 2nd Tri den take calcium/iron?

I'm on folic acid and vitamins b and c given by the gynae. I asked my gynae if I should start on calcium supplements etc and she said no need for now.

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I should ask my gynae about taking other vit on my next visit but by then I am already in 9+ week, worried baby or me not enough nutrients. Especially with the morning sickness. Sigh.

I was concerned too but was given multivitamin and folic. But im taking GNC 800g so nv get from clinic. Also taking Royal Jelly (been taking for years).
Read abit n seems 1st Tri only multivit and folic. so shld b 2nd Tri den take calcium/iron?

Ohhh.. Given multivit... I am given nothing. Feel kind of worried. Especially when I keep craving for unhealthy food, like mac.

Too many post to catch up. Sorry mummies. Have been very tired and never log in for a few days.

Mummies who wants to join Facebook. Pm me you fb email add

I scare to miss out the post here. Thanks

A few have pmed me. Will add u all these few days. Thanks

I think first tri not to worry about not getting enough nutrients from food. Gynae said before eat what you can manage if appetite is poor. My opinion is that it is more impt not to expose baby to harmful environment such as second hand cigarette smoke etc as the impt organs are developing. Tcm also said first tri is to 安胎 and second tri is 补胎. So second tri more impt to get enough nutrition.

@Piggling i used to having to want to eat ToriQ but after a few bites, no appetite.

Just like what @slchua said, eat what u can managed. That was a few days i totally no appetite. I slept a whole day with only 1 meal n then, needless to say, restless and mc the next day :(

Dont worry! 5week+ really might be early to see heartbeat de. My #1 I saw heartbeat only at 6week5days alth current ones I see at 5week+. If you wanna feel more assured can visit your gynae next week instead of 2 weeks later de haha. For both my pregnancy, first trimester I choose to visit gynae weekly for scan. Self assurance even tho cost me more but I feel happier knowing I only need to wait 1 week instead of 2 LOL FYI I dont have much pregnancy symptoms too even tho I am carrying twins. Good luck ya

Thanks for your encouragement :)

Thanks slchua and ConyBear for the advices.

ConyBear, totally understand how you feel. Today whole day, i was trying not to gag at work and even though my stomach feel hungry, I dont have appetite for much things. Can only try to take small bites.

Piggling, drink some cereal... my hubby makes me honey lemon/banana smoothie/avocado smoothie/oat milk (without ice) every morning and appetitie seems to be better now. heard these few will also reduce MS, can try?

Piggling, drink some cereal... my hubby makes me honey lemon/banana smoothie/avocado smoothie/oat milk (without ice) every morning and appetitie seems to be better now. heard these few will also reduce MS, can try?
ConyBear, your hubby is so sweet!
Piggling, I snack on cereal sometimes and it seems to work. Sour plums work for me too but I only eat those from umeya. Psychologically feel that it is fresher than those bottled ones.....

Heehee.. he found this forum n ask me to join, saying i will b happier to know more n get more support from all mummies n to-be here. Before that i was easily agitated (cld b becos i cant share with others n worried abt every lil things etc).

Witch, it wont last forever. Maybe a few days only.. jiayou~

slchua, sour plums not for me. Sweets, choco yes! Must slowly find the food suitable for us -.-

If can tahan the taste can try to drink maternal milk. My personal fav is nestle nan. Find the taste less strong compared to other brands.

@Li33ie dun worry its normal. I feel very emotional too. If you are not comfortable with your gynae . Do look for another one. We need to feel relax and comfy

My friends and I have bad experience with Dr Adrian too

I am seeing Dr Benjamin. Super gentle, patience and nice guy. My hb prefer him too

Thanks mummyof3jays for the add on fb! I'm seeing dr Benjamin tham too! Really like him and he's super pro natural. For #1, I had to induce coz baby was overdue but he never once rushed me to go for csect and asked me to relax and take my own sweet time.

Like many of the mummies here, I'm too having abit of MS.. Didn't had any during #1, and feeling a lot more exhausted this time compared to #1's time :(

Hello everybody, just found out that I am pregnant with my #2. My firstborn is turning 4 in 2 weeks time. We couldnt believe it so we took 4 preg test kits to test, all positive. Haha. My first was an emergency c section under Dr Adrian Woodworth. Most likely going back to him. Nice to meet all of u! Calculated EDD is end Aug.

I haven't thought about confinement too. Don't even know where I can do it. I'm staying with my in laws and there isn't space for the confinement lady to stay with us. My parents welcome me to do confinement at their home but space is still a constraint :(.

Thanks mummyof3jays for the add on fb! I'm seeing dr Benjamin tham too! Really like him and he's super pro natural. For #1, I had to induce coz baby was overdue but he never once rushed me to go for csect and asked me to relax and take my own sweet time.

Like many of the mummies here, I'm too having abit of MS.. Didn't had any during #1, and feeling a lot more exhausted this time compared to #1's time :(

wish i met him for my #1... my #1 had super bad experience with Dr Adrian ~~

Hello everybody, just found out that I am pregnant with my #2. My firstborn is turning 4 in 2 weeks time. We couldnt believe it so we took 4 preg test kits to test, all positive. Haha. My first was an emergency c section under Dr Adrian Woodworth. Most likely going back to him. Nice to meet all of u! Calculated EDD is end Aug.

my 3 kids are 4 years apart

@ConyBear
my own experience: wait very long and only see him for few mins. man of little words. Dun even hows baby developing inside. He nly scan and show u scan and tell me when next check. never take my blood pressure whenever i see him. my #1 was emer csec. no water fluid. straight away ask me admit at 6 plus. only came after he finish his appointment at 9 plus. Decide for me to put me on GA. I cant even choose induce or choose epi so hb can be inside with me. I woke up crying as it was painful like hell. End up i only carry my gal the next morning. felt so lousy. scar took 3 months plus to be less painful. Scar is long and ugly

Many of my friends and hb's friend all didnt choose him for their #2 and #3. They have their own bad experience.

Of coz he has his supporters too.

But its definately a no no for me and my friends.

@ConyBear
my own experience: wait very long and only see him for few mins. man of little words. Dun even hows baby developing inside. He nly scan and show u scan and tell me when next check. never take my blood pressure whenever i see him. my #1 was emer csec. no water fluid. straight away ask me admit at 6 plus. only came after he finish his appointment at 9 plus. Decide for me to put me on GA. I cant even choose induce or choose epi so hb can be inside with me. I woke up crying as it was painful like hell. End up i only carry my gal the next morning. felt so lousy. scar took 3 months plus to be less painful. Scar is long and ugly

Many of my friends and hb's friend all didnt choose him for their #2 and #3. They have their own bad experience.

Oh dear, it is really a horrible experience. :( Glad you found a gynae you are comfy with, now.

Can you share with us how is a normal consultation with Dr Benjamin Tham like?
I realised my consultations with my gynae getting abit short but her nurse does take my blood pressure and weight each time.

At first I also wanted to wait for 1st trim to be over before enquire about CL. It was only until I was doing my homework that my friend told me highly recommended CL like hers was already booked till August. Then I started to panick and get recommendations from friends but they were being booked as well. So well yeah better to do it earlier.

At first I also wanted to wait for 1st trim to be over before enquire about CL. It was only until I was doing my homework that my friend told me highly recommended CL like hers was already booked till August. Then I started to panick and get recommendations from friends but they were being booked as well. So well yeah better to do it earlier.
Thanks, I better start searching for one too.

Dr Benjamin is super gentle, chats with u to make u relax during checks. even my hb prefer him. Nurse will take weight and blood pressure.

Thanks for your sharing. :)

@ConyBear

Before u realised, its over n u woke up ald -_-

Last edited:
Actually I am thinking abt changing gynae also.. too bad my hb is very supportive of dr adrian as my delivery went well.

My water broke 2 weeks before edd and was admitted to Mt A for monitoring. We requested to be induced against Dr Adrian's wishes as he said i actually can wait it out as stats are normal. End up labour 14 hrs still didnt dilate. Epidural only worked on my right side so i had to undergo GA. was up the next day walking. Stiches healed well so no complaints there.

However i know dr adrian is anti VBAC. So im considering dr tham or dr tseng to seek 2nd opinion. My hb is against my having vbac also.

Anyone feeling very hot everyday? my body temp using ear thermometer is 37.4 lately..!wonder if it helps to increas metabolism n burn more calories everyday hehe

It is normal to feel very cold all the time? Even though dec is slightly colder...
I'm so afraid of cold that most of the time after I come of Bath I'm shivering badly... forgot to ask my gynae the last time round... hv to wait another 2 weeks before I see her again...
Just wondering...
I alternate between feeling cold outside and feeling hot inside..haha..but am conscious to bring scarf wherever I go n started wearing socks at home..just wear more!:)

Back