any 35 and above trying for their first?

Thanks all for your encouragement. Road ahead is so uncertain. My stomach is feeling queasy now like those nauseous feeling but I am having my menses! D***

Merry Xmas to all. Phew ! Finally got to rest after a busy work week.

Now at orchard hotel resting with my whole family. Yeah new year = new hope. Hope can get jubile baby next year the all of us k have the memorable baby bag hehee

Just to share over a Xmas conversation....a friend has been ttcing natural for >3years and she has been seeing the same sinseh for 3years (can't believe her patience. Haha but good for her). Then she went for iui. Didn't succeed. But pop suddenly she bfp naturally.

So Miracles do happen. Happy thoughts ladies.

Few more months and I will be 43. I wonder how I can defy this number on the ttc department.

Last nite was at kins-in-law Xmas gathering and conversation started among my hubby and some of them. The uncle asked us "还不要快点?". I replied 随缘. He said cannot sui yuan. Must try all ways. I don't mind what he commented because he himself went thru Ivf with his wife. Twice but failed. He asked me for tan Siew buoy contact because he heard about her being a "celebrity sinseh". But he didn't know we ourselves did go through failed ivf too. Mil says don't tell relatives.

I think my hubby got motivated after that. He has always been easy going; never pressurizing ourselves on ttc. This whole year, 90% of ivf, TCM visits I went alone (partly my work hrs are flexi so I prefer to visit on off peak hours which he can't come). This morning he started to suggest going for TCM together next year. I'm surprised. He has zero patience on long wait. I told him if this is the route he wants to try, he must make effort to go together on peak weekend. I won't one man show go on weekday alone anymore. He says we can just take queue number and eat slow breakfast or go ikea (might visit a TCM at queensway area).

So will wait for his cue to do that.

Few more months and I will be 43. I wonder how I can defy this number on the ttc department.

Last nite was at kins-in-law Xmas gathering and conversation started among my hubby and some of them. The uncle asked us "还不要快点?". I replied 随缘. He said cannot sui yuan. Must try all ways. I don't mind what he commented because he himself went thru Ivf with his wife. Twice but failed. He asked me for tan Siew buoy contact because he heard about her being a "celebrity sinseh". But he didn't know we ourselves did go through failed ivf too. Mil says don't tell relatives.

I think my hubby got motivated after that. He has always been easy going; never pressurizing ourselves on ttc. This whole year, 90% of ivf, TCM visits I went alone (partly my work hrs are flexi so I prefer to visit on off peak hours which he can't come). This morning he started to suggest going for TCM together next year. I'm surprised. He has zero patience on long wait. I told him if this is the route he wants to try, he must make effort to go together on peak weekend. I won't one man show go on weekday alone anymore. He says we can just take queue number and eat slow breakfast or go ikea (might visit a TCM at queensway area).

Jiayou Redvel... ur very inspiring to us on the forum. Good that ur hubby so proactive abt tcm! Maybe this is the breakthru u need!

Having a bb ain't a one party thing. Tats why it is called 爱情结晶. Great that your hubby is more involved. 加油!!

It's a good sign for the coming new year. Jia you, redvel and lots of baby dust to you. Looking forward to hear your good news :)

Thanks to all you ladies. I'm getting some warm fuzzies from all your comments and positivity at this end year. Thank you, I appreciate it.

. He asked me for tan Siew buoy contact because he heard about her being a "celebrity sinseh". But he didn't know we ourselves did go through failed ivf too. Mil says don't tell relatives.

i try tan siew buoy for 9months, but the review is very standard. just take our pulse, ask us standard question, and give us powdered herbs to drink...
so i drop her, and book appt with gynae whom was recommended by my colleague. she want to have kid (twice), both time went to her, and my colleague highly recommend her

Thanks for sharing. Mixed reviews there will be for all sinsehs. Sometimes it's really about yuan. Anyway my uncle intends to see her but I prefer to try another sinseh.

The one we will be visiting needs to brew the medicine. I think taobao should sell the pot cheaper? Haven't gone into the site to check yet.

Help,i am getting up tight on e wait to do ivf.

Had a polyp removal in oct and Supposed to do ivf in dec if i can hit kkh cut off date. But i didnt managed to hit it. So gonna wait till feb(jan is full) at kkh but my start of menses may coincide with cny so kkh says if tt is e case,may need to reschedule to mar.

In fact last week,i get fed up and went back to my private centre which i did my 1st fresh (failed) at day 3 to enquire to start ivf. But gynae did a scan n told afc too low=3 this cycle not worth to do ivf. Most prob will fail. He suggest jan scan to see how but actualli i am not confident of spending big bucks 2nd time at private with my n my hubby low success rate as accessed by doc. But kk wait is like dunno when with e clashes..

these few days i have been worried abt afc count n not able to sleep well,plus now on leave doesnt seem to help me feeling gan cheong.

Jialat,help! I know feeling uptight will not help my body to get ready for ivf but how to get rid of this negativity uh..:( i am clearing my leave till end of this yr but i am feeling that i am buay steady n feeling stressed.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Mixed reviews there will be for all sinsehs. Sometimes it's really about yuan. Anyway my uncle intends to see her but I prefer to try another sinseh.

The one we will be visiting needs to brew the medicine. I think taobao should sell the pot cheaper? Haven't gone into the site to check yet.
true that....
i have another colleague B recommend me another sinseh in JB.. she gt twins after trying (both her hubby and her family trees dun hv twins before)...
if i try my colleague A gynae, and yet no news for a yr, i will try colleague B sinseh in JB...

Redvel,tt time i went hk holiday i saw they selling e pot at sgd $30 to $50. Its a electrical shop opposite of dorsett mongkok hotel if u happen to visit hk for holiday.

Hello dear Connie. Huggies.

I think if I were you, will be also disappointed can't start ivf as planned. But hey, sometimes many things happen with a reason ya. Maybe March is your lucky month.

May I share my opinion? I remember you had wanted to try govt hospital because the cost is a concern as you had done once in pte. If going to KKH alleviates that $ concern, I'm just thinking you should stick to KKH, despite the wait. If you go back to pte again, you're just sucking back into the same situation and likely you will be stressed about it during the procedure at pte. Like back to same thing le. But then I'm never in pte for my ivf so I do not know the impact of the cost comparison. I'm sure you've done the homework.

I mean 2-3months is still a wait and definitely a change of plan for you both. And I know you're home and likely mentally and physically prepared for ivf but this is like a hard hit. However like I shared, maybe stick to your initial plan? You've said it....not confident on the big spending with Pte (unless this wed you diok 4D). Moreover, your doc says no good to start this month? So the time gap between Pte and govt not so far la.

In this situation, I know the wait for you seems magnified.. Hopefully you can perhaps take up some new hobby or go holidaying to shift the focus. It's an uptight moment we know...but go easier on yourself ya.

By the way, can I know what is afc?

Redvel,tt time i went hk holiday i saw they selling e pot at sgd $30 to $50. Its a electrical shop opposite of dorsett mongkok hotel if u happen to visit hk for holiday.
Singapore sells 90ish I heard. Oh not going HK anytime but thanks! I try my luck on taobao since my kin is visiting from China in Jan.

afc = xx follicle count?

I agree with redvel. sometimes things happen for a reason and that could be the "month" for u. I waited a year to start on my 3rd cyce too.. I understand too. I was dying to get started but I ren ren ren until now then got started recently.

Hello dear Connie. Huggies.

I think if I were you, will be also disappointed can't start ivf as planned. But hey, sometimes many things happen with a reason ya. Maybe March is your lucky month.

May I share my opinion? I remember you had wanted to try govt hospital because the cost is a concern as you had done once in pte. If going to KKH alleviates that $ concern, I'm just thinking you should stick to KKH, despite the wait. If you go back to pte again, you're just sucking back into the same situation and likely you will be stressed about it during the procedure at pte. Like back to same thing le. But then I'm never in pte for my ivf so I do not know the impact of the cost comparison. I'm sure you've done the homework.

I mean 2-3months is still a wait and definitely a change of plan for you both. And I know you're home and likely mentally and physically prepared for ivf but this is like a hard hit. However like I shared, maybe stick to your initial plan? Unless money is no longer an issue. Moreover, your doc says no good to start this month? So the time gap between Pte and govt not so far la.

In this situation, I know the wait for you seems magnified.. Hopefully you can perhaps take up some new hobby or go holidaying to shift the focus. It's an uptight moment we know...but go easier on yourself ya.

By the way, can I know what is afc?

Redvel this mth my afc is 3. Dr is always puzzled why afc low despite my amh is 5.7ng/ml. In may it was 6. Then dr console me says afc value flactuates mth by mth,so see next cycle how

Actuali i am ok with waiting just tt i scared my polyp may come back n e dnc done wasted since it will be months since e oct polyp dnc op. But now afc low also cant do.
Apr to may is my work peak. Hope i can hit kk feb slot with no clashes,or can they pity us to put us in jan start injection. Called them half hr ago to make this enquiry but no 1 calls back ;(.

Hubby does not have leave to clear so he cant go holiday. Bleah.

Maybi reali just have to sui yuan n learn to cope not to gan cheong and control e jitters n wandering mind of thinking.its tough!

afc = xx follicle count?

I agree with redvel. sometimes things happen for a reason and that could be the "month" for u. I waited a year to start on my 3rd cyce too.. I understand too. I was dying to get started but I ren ren ren until now then got started recently.
Yes,afc is antral follicle count,e scan during day 3 of menses. My last fresh was in may,hope e wait will guide me to a rainbow.
Thks mrs tann and congrats to yr recent bfp :)

Last edited:
So strange. My AMH is 4 but my follies scan always show more than 15. But like we all always say, it should be the quality and not quantity.

Actually if hubby not free then I will go bkk myself. Hee can shop till drop without a man tagging and looking bored.

Connie, don't worry abt the polyp for now since you had it removed. On the day of IUI I was told I'd polyp too. Prof Ng said it might hinder implantation & had me prepared. I was disappointed then.
However, after the 2ww, I had a BFP. Sometimes, we never know what's going on inside our body. Stay relax as doctors & ourselves also have limited control. There is so much we can do. The rest, let our bodies work by itself. There will be miracles~~

Redvel this mth my afc is 3. Dr is always puzzled why afc low despite my amh is 5.7ng/ml. In may it was 6. Then dr console me says afc value flactuates mth by mth,so see next cycle how

Actuali i am ok with waiting just tt i scared my polyp may come back n e dnc done wasted since it will be months since e oct polyp dnc op. But now afc low also cant do.
Apr to may is my work peak. Hope i can hit kk feb slot with no clashes,or can they pity us to put us in jan start injection. Called them half hr ago to make this enquiry but no 1 calls back ;(.

Hubby does not have leave to clear so he cant go holiday. Bleah.

Maybi reali just have to sui yuan n learn to cope not to gan cheong and control e jitters n wandering mind of thinking.its tough!
Maybe is a sign that u may bfp naturally before even doing ivf... u nv know... try to just go with the flow and distract urself in meantime

Chloe,thks. My gynae told me me n hubby bfp naturally is impossible with our condition. But i do welcome miracles :)
Lynx_sea yes e doc at kk told me polyp removed le. Went to see prof last friday. He suggest endo scratch before ivf but say since i do dnc le no need endo scratch. But i think in feb e dnc also no more new lining le after 4 mths from op hoho.
How is yr polyp now?is it no longer need to bother with it?
i will try to stay relax cos reali nothing much i can do except to tiao e body n stay zen.

Redvel,i feel more sad to travel alone. Hee. Cant bear to leave hubby alone fighting his job in singapore. He is now bz with e airasia lost flight case.

Oh Connie. It must be a trying period and this tragedy of the plane lost is really hard to bear. I'm sure your man is in tremendous pressure. Not saying how things are meant to piece together....but perhaps postponing the ivf has its reason other than medical readings.

Oh Connie. It must be a trying period and this tragedy of the plane lost is really hard to bear. I'm sure your man is in tremendous pressure. Not saying how things are meant to piece together....but perhaps postponing the ivf has its reason other than medical readings.
I think so too. Maybi can have a baby or not / when to have a bb is all fated. Doesnt matter how well u think u are prepared for it. Dun come means dun come..

Connie,
I've been asking abt the polyp but both doctors (Prof Ng & my current KKH Gynae ) think its not a concern anymore since I am preg now. No answer from them even. Probably it will go away by itself? Btw, I just encounter bleeding on Xmas early morning & was admitted. Damn sianz coz no apparent reason given also. (Was at week 22 last week)
Yes, and right now dun think too much about it & don't read too much about the symptoms even during 2ww too.
During my past 2ww BFN, I was surfing & reading every single symptom I was experiencing. For the 2ww BFP, I try not to surf & read the symptoms. Probably only surf on the food that I take that help aid my fertility. :p

Connie,
I've been asking abt the polyp but both doctors (Prof Ng & my current KKH Gynae ) think its not a concern anymore since I am preg now. No answer from them even. Probably it will go away by itself? Btw, I just encounter bleeding on Xmas early morning & was admitted. Damn sianz coz no apparent reason given also. (Was at week 22 last week)
Yes, and right now dun think too much about it & don't read too much about the symptoms even during 2ww too.
During my past 2ww BFN, I was surfing & reading every single symptom I was experiencing. For the 2ww BFP, I try not to surf & read the symptoms. Probably only surf on the food that I take that help aid my fertility. :p
Lynx_sea,jiayou! U are almost seeing e light at e end of e tunnel le,just a few more mths to go. i rem chatting with u before u embark e journey with prof.
Jiayou jiayou jiayou! :)

Lynx sea so while admitted what did the doc do for you? Hope you're ok now?
Redvel, doctor did nothing leh. Especially I was admitted on Xmas day. Nurses only keep coming in to measure my blood pressure and see my pad on how much blood was stained. After a day of admission, my gynae came back to wrk and he came to see me before I discharge. He said all test done show tat Baby is normal. Placenta isn't low, cervix not open. So juz commented sometimes baby growing and cause stretching of uterus which may also cause bleeding.
On the other hand due to my ear infection past 2 weeks, I was on antibiotics & now I probably having yeast infection as it can affect the PH down there. Arrghhh... one problem after another. :(
Right now, still abit of blood here and there. Especially morning after peeing. Just this morning I see brown blood on the pad.

Lynx_sea,jiayou! U are almost seeing e light at e end of e tunnel le,just a few more mths to go. i rem chatting with u before u embark e journey with prof.
Jiayou jiayou jiayou! :)
Yes Connie, we chatted a fair bit. Btw, I forgotten to tell u that I was also consuming bottle of enzyme prior my procedures that was recommended by a friend, which I did not see very much of it. However, recently I have been surfing on this topic and I found out the importance effect on our body. If you are interested in trying, do let me know. My hub and I were on it and till today. :)
Here's why enzyme is essential to us. http://www.enzymeessentials.com/HTML/print_tour.html (read at ur own interest)

Yes Connie, we chatted a fair bit. Btw, I forgotten to tell u that I was also consuming bottle of enzyme prior my procedures that was recommended by a friend, which I did not see very much of it. However, recently I have been surfing on this topic and I found out the importance effect on our body. If you are interested in trying, do let me know. My hub and I were on it and till today. :)
Here's why enzyme is essential to us. http://www.enzymeessentials.com/HTML/print_tour.html (read at ur own interest)
Dear, thanks. For this 2nd cycle, we are preparing via tcm for coming 6 mths with prof multivits for 3 mths le till date.
Plus jogging once a wk. Avoid cold drink n fried stuff, drink more water though i seriously dunno does it help lol. Anyway,just do it.
I read e enzyme but Dun think i am trying enzyme cos now i eating tcm with multivits le. Dun wanna to too over for my body. but my hubby ytd ask me abt codyceps. Tsb herbs didnt work for him,in fact his sa got worse with e tcm. So we stop tcm for him n he eats multivits now.
I rem u talking abt codyceps previously tt u brew for hubby. Actualli which codycep to buy uh and go which shop to buy?how to choose..i am pretty confused cos there are many codycep in e market.

Gal,u take care. I read brown blood is old blood so should be ok. Maybi dun walk too much or over exert yrself when u are spotting.

Last edited:
Dear, thanks. For this 2nd cycle, we are preparing via tcm for coming 6 mths with prof multivits for 3 mths le till date.
Plus jogging once a wk. Avoid cold drink n fried stuff, drink more water though i seriously dunno does it help lol. Anyway,just do it.
I read e enzyme but Dun think i am trying enzyme cos now i eating tcm with multivits le. Dun wanna to too over for my body. but my hubby ytd ask me abt codyceps. Tsb herbs didnt work for him,in fact his sa got worse with e tcm. So we stop tcm for him n he eats multivits now.
I rem u talking abt codyceps previously tt u brew for hubby. Actualli which codycep to buy uh and go which shop to buy?how to choose..i am pretty confused cos there are many codycep in e market.

Gal,u take care. I read brown blood is old blood so should be ok. Maybi dun walk too much or over exert yrself when u are spotting.

For enzymes, I took it cause the ingredient mainly cordycep, lingzhi and the rest are vegetables & fruits, which I Find them natural and they are fermented over a period of 270 days. Therefore, a bottle is not cheap. It cost me abt $168+. My daily consumption is abt 20-30ml (a small cap only) every morning which boost energy + blood circulation)
On the other hand, for herbs, I usually buy from Hock Hua. They will show the differences of where the cordyceps come from, the appearance etc. So I oso learn them from the shop assistant. Currently in my 2nd Trimester, the guy taught me to double boil cordyceps and consume 2-3Xs a month (cordycep is to tiao our organs and build immunity). And to absorb herbs better, I was advised to put a few pieces of Pao Sheng (which is for 补气 also)Therefore, u can add Pao Sheng to Cordycep when double boil, add to bird nest, add to chicken soup too.

We are currently taking both concurrently.

Last edited:
For enzymes, I took it cause the ingredient mainly cordycep, lingzhi and the rest are vegetables & fruits, which I Find them natural and they are fermented over a period of 270 days. Therefore, a bottle is not cheap. It cost me abt $168+. My daily consumption is abt 20-30ml (a small cap only) every morning which boost energy + blood circulation)
On the other hand, for herbs, I usually buy from Hock Hua. They will show the differences of where the cordyceps come from, the appearance etc. So I oso learn them from the shop assistant. Currently in my 2nd Trimester, the guy taught me to double boil cordyceps and consume 2-3Xs a month (cordycep is to tiao our organs and build immunity). And to absorb herbs better, I was advised to put a few pieces of Pao Sheng (which is for 补气 also)Therefore, u can add Pao Sheng to Cordycep when double boil, add to bird nest, add to chicken soup too.

I am currently taking both concurrently.
Yr hubby took e codycep above ma?

Connie which dr are u with? THH or Matthew? If THH can request his asst to help check with dr tan on starting jan. U can emphasize your age. I think they give priority to older woman. If under Matthew he has an email add n do reply promptly.

Connie which dr are u with? THH or Matthew? If THH can request his asst to help check with dr tan on starting jan. U can emphasize your age. I think they give priority to older woman. If under Matthew he has an email add n do reply promptly.
Jumbo gal,i am under matthew. Tt time in dec i check with him. i rem he told me e dec n jan slot is not within doc control, as e hospital is not open by him.

Maybi i will email him to check to try luck ;) thanks.

Yeah no harm asking him again. Maybe explain your concern see whether can squeeze in jan slot. Tell him u just did polyp removal n like to start earlier as kkh push back the date for u. Also tell him initially u are supposed to start dec but they cancel your slot.

Connie, U might wanna take note that your Jan slot don't clash with CNY as it is gonna be a long weekend nxt year.

Connie, U might wanna take note that your Jan slot don't clash with CNY as it is gonna be a long weekend nxt year.
Lynx sea,my jan slot doesnt clash with cny. But feb menses yes. Its very fan actuali with kk putting me in feb slot. hospital strict protocol of going by e book doesnt help us pp who has money constraints at all. I called in dec e nurse actualli told me "yes u can continue but u start with longer injections as in start e supression jab first,we cant give u simulation jab as yr menses day 1 doesnt fall on 27 dec. (My cd1 falls on 25 dec,just 2 days short,but was rejected.) Kkh nurse scared e egg retrieval falls on 3 jan,kkh not open. But 3rd jan is my day 10 of menses,are there cases of retrieval so early...?anyway i didnt probe further as my afc this mth is pretty low.

actualli jan i also understand they dun accept cos a lot of pp doing and nurse said they scared the centre make mistakes. But i cal my egg retrieval should be in feb for my jan menses..anyway see how it goes..hope 'chuan dao qiao tou zhi ran zhi'

Yes,e mans spermies are important.

Last edited:
Lynx sea,my jan slot doesnt clash with cny. But feb menses yes. Its very fan actuali with kk putting me in feb slot. hospital strict protocol of going by e book doesnt help us pp who has money constraints at all. I called in dec e nurse actualli told me "yes u can continue but u start with longer injections as in start e supression jab first,we cant give u simulation jab as yr menses day 1 doesnt fall on 27 dec. (My cd1 falls on 25 dec,just 2 days short,but was rejected.) Kkh nurse scared e egg retrieval falls on 3 jan,kkh not open. But 3rd jan is my day 10 of menses,are there cases of retrieval so early...?anyway i didnt probe further as my afc this mth is pretty low.

actualli jan i also understand they dun accept cos a lot of pp doing and nurse said they scared the centre make mistakes. But i cal my egg retrieval should be in feb for my jan menses..anyway see how it goes..hope 'chuan dao qiao tou zhi ran zhi'

Yes,e mans spermies are important.
Haizzz think govt hospital is always so bz. Gotta compromise.

Babe was there any difference between the SO IUI you did with sincere medical and KkH?
Sincere
- jab used gonal f
- Dr chk my amh level and hb a detailed sperm DNA test
- was prescribed in-house supplement
- short waiting time
- scanning all done by Dr personally
- he decide when the best time for iui procedure
Kkh
- jab used puregon
- Dr only chk my FSH level
- long waiting time
- scanning done by nurses n only see Dr during ER/ET(IVF) or SO-IUI procedures
- trfr of embryos or washed sperms based on monitoring by nurses

Time flies! No more at home think east think west.... Maybe it is good too to be back work. I'm so looking forward to to say goodbye to 2014!

Time flies! No more at home think east think west.... Maybe it is good too to be back work. I'm so looking forward to to say goodbye to 2014!
Yup. In a way, its good. This think east n west is horrible. Maybi back to work madness is better lol. At least stop e thinking y y nonsense. 2molo 3pm release. Yeah to 2015 :)

I think 2014 has its downs and emo rides for me and I really hope 2015 I will excel on what I plan to do (not ttc related). 2015 will be more of travel too plus my new house is coming! So I'm hoping it will be better than 14.

Moreover the latest incident on the plane crash and its latest news development are just so heavy hearted. Must cherish more what we are blessed with at the moment.

Back