(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

Hey mummies. How's Monday. I am at the mall. Wow! I forgot how Christmas mad rush can get.
I need to rant, pls hear me out. So I am a SAHM. I really take care of my hubby. (touch wood). I cook for him almost all the time Bec he is a home food junkie. But of course, due to MS I am no where near raw food. We have been eating out. And he has been becoming very cranky. I explain to him Everytime it's not easy for me to cook and he keeps forgetting. And he wants me to keep reminding him why I can't cook. Men sometimes are way too pampered. It's annoying.
So here I am, at the mall, with the excuse of buying groceries but actually slacking at cafe with my decaffeinated coffee while he manages the babies. Lol.

Stick notes all over the house to remind him? :D

I can't cook at all too. I went past the meat and poultry section and all I wanted to do was run! Despite the waning of ms raw stuff still freaks me out.

My hubby nv ask me to cook . Cos he knows I cannot cook and if I cook, he has to help to finish the food. Lol.. but he still think I am normal also. Most of the time I handle my girl. Bath. Change. feed. But my girl is bigger so I keep told her she is a big girl now and I cannot carry her.i have no time to shop and I am going to run out of clothes. Can I use this as an excuse not to go to work? Hee

Hi mummies, for those opting for tmc, will you be applying for the SBI card? I applied FBI for my #1, got discount for Oscar. Thinking if I should also apply for SBI so that I can get discount for Oscar?

Hi mummies, for those opting for tmc, will you be applying for the SBI card? I applied FBI for my #1, got discount for Oscar. Thinking if I should also apply for SBI so that I can get discount for Oscar?
Last month TMC was having a promotion for the card at $60. You can call to check if it is still on.

Csy1 yup yup. With dr chua. e oscar this time round comes with immediate print out results for scan. In feb (before ms), dont have.. only verbal. have to go back clinic.

This time round go back clinic for blood test result.

Ha I remember during my #1 I went for Jacky Cheung concert!! But certain songs were very loud boomz boomz boomz type and bb started to move a lot, so I went to hide in the toilet then returned once the song ended so no worries, just go!!

The trip is good n relaxing as we self drive so can manage own timing. But a bit tired as well. Eating non stop. Haha. Bbs behaving well. N I have the first very obvious bbs movement. The feeling is really great. Dun feel like coming back. Haha. Cos now the ms strike again.sian . Lucky its a short week this week. Do u join tour or f&e. U sure will enjoy it n can shop bb item. I hv to restrain myself from shopping bbs item cos din know gender. So can only drool
Wow how many weeks R u now? So fast can feel bb movement. Is it because u r carrying twins?

Wow how many weeks R u now? So fast can feel bb movement. Is it because u r carrying twins?
I will be 12 weeks this sat. at first i also dunno whether it's bbs movement. But it really feels like 2 balls rolling in my tummy and it lasts for about 10 secs . i'm really shocked. hahaha. But tat is the only very obvious movement. the other times i can only feel like those bubbles but not sure whether it's the bbs or only tummy gas. It could be because it's second preg and maybe becos twins. really can't wait for this coming sat scan, hope both bbs are doing well :)

Hi all, i am very new n a silent reader here. Can add me to the facebook private chat..
Edd. 26th Jul... Hope all mummies doing fine.. Did anyone opt for harmonies test instead of oscar? I still hesitating as the costs is high for harmonies test..

Hi all, i am very new n a silent reader here. Can add me to the facebook private chat..
Edd. 26th Jul... Hope all mummies doing fine.. Did anyone opt for harmonies test instead of oscar? I still hesitating as the costs is high for harmonies test..
Initially I wanted to go for Harmony test rather than Oscar due to the higher accuracy but my gynae said that Oscar will test for other anomalies besides Down Syndrome whereas Harmony only detect Down Syndrome. So in the end I will still do my Oscar.

Oh I didn't know that Oscar can test for other things too. That's good to know.
Bluegal84: you'll need to pm Mandy your email address for her to add you to the FB group.

This is what my gynae told me:
"Oscar involves mainly a scan of fetal neck thickness and nasal bone and blood hormones and is a good screening test for Down's syndrome and basic structural anomalies.. if the risk of Down's is less than (I guess he meant "more than") 1 in 1000 on Oscar, it is generally advised that there is no necessity for further testing. Harmony is a 4x more expensive test and is very specific for excluding Down's(T21) as well as trisomy 13 and 18 by analysing fetal DNA fragments in the maternal blood. The disadvantage of Harmony is that beyond the exclusion of trisomies 21, 13 and 18, there is no other diagnostic value of this test.. hope that helps!"

Hi everyone, im new here. Having my first child and edd would be in end of July 2015! looking forward to all mummies guidance and advices!

Happy boxing day!
Just wondering, if both you and your husband are working, who takes care of your babies after your maternity leave ends? What are my options if our parents are all still working and there's no one to care for the baby? Trying to avoid the option of hiring a maid.

@Ash mum i am drinking lemon water for my PUPP. See a bit of improvement in my rashes and eczema
i read that it is becoz the liver cannot detox well, so the rashes break out.

on top of it, i am using my #1's restorderm to bath and physiogel to apply.
1 week, i already used up 2 bottles at least :(

@heyimamom i am putting my #2 in IFC, same like what i did for my #1 after my maternity leave.

Happy boxing day!
Just wondering, if both you and your husband are working, who takes care of your babies after your maternity leave ends? What are my options if our parents are all still working and there's no one to care for the baby? Trying to avoid the option of hiring a maid.

I sent my #1 to ifc after maternity. For #2, I intend to do the same.

Ask you gals hor, anyone change their mattress before during pregnancy? I told my dad that I bought a new matt ress ytd. Kena scolded. Say I cannot change or move or do anything to my bed during pregnancy.

Hi mummies, I'm suddenly experiencing brown discharge and I'll be 12 wks preg tmrw. So worried now as I'm having some slightly cramps too. Any advices or tips to stop the brown discharge? Thanks

Ask you gals hor, anyone change their mattress before during pregnancy? I told my dad that I bought a new matt ress ytd. Kena scolded. Say I cannot change or move or do anything to my bed during pregnancy.
I brought a new bed at my mum's house but my parents shifted for me when I was at work. :)

Hi mummies, I'm suddenly experiencing brown discharge and I'll be 12 wks preg tmrw. So worried now as I'm having some slightly cramps too. Any advices or tips to stop the brown discharge? Thanks
I am experiencing brown discharge with cramps too, it might be the uterus expanding hence resulting in cramps and discharge.
If you are worried, u might like to see the gynae for duphaston.

Ya my mom told me too. But if u nt superstitious den nvm ba. It's due to 床母 n shifting will affect the baby n mom energy or something.

Had my OSCAR and pre-eclampsia scans today at TMC. At first baby was sleeping. After a while baby woke up and turned sideway with back facing the scanner. The sonographer took a few images which includes the brain, hands, legs, tummy, etc. she also measured the nasal bone height and the small space behind the neck. Whole test took about 30 minutes. I will be seeing my gynae next Wednesday for the result as today they only open for half a day. Hope everything will be fine.

Been so xinku, 11weeks now, everyday im so exhausted.
Whatever i do i get cramps. Bend down cramp, lift heavy thing cramp, etc.. Im so sick of it.. Cant take an tai med as im breastfeeding.
Really worried but no blood so far should be fine.. But really hard to manage everything when im already so tired daily. Once wake up tired already, cant get anything done. On top of that and do little thing cramp already...

Baby scan at 9-10wks.. really cute.. can see the little feet and hand.. its like "waving" to us in ultrasound. My #1,#2,#3 were really happy and excited to see the screen and waving baby.. heh..

Mbpwc0z.png

How can i get added on WA group?Im keen to be added at fb.. but i dont intend to announce till baby is out.. and if it wont be a secret group until i give birth would be a issue :(

Last edited:
I ate mee hoon kueh last night, think is flour felt so bloated for the whole night, tummy felt like a balloon. I toss and turn on bed till 3-4am :(

I am going to be 12 week tomorrow and don't really see any difference to my tummy so far. All these while I have a buldging tummy and have been wearing loose dresses. Hope I can continue to "hide" it for another few months so that I do not need to buy maternity clothes so early. Hehe...

Having a bad cough now. Doc gave me a very mild cough syrup that didn't help much.. My throat feels so itchy and coughing hard through the night. Any good remedies to share?

Having a bad cough now. Doc gave me a very mild cough syrup that didn't help much.. My throat feels so itchy and coughing hard through the night. Any good remedies to share?
Can try taking manuka honey? If don't mind trouble can cook pear drink with 无花果, 南杏, 北杏。 my tcm says its safe for preggers

Can try taking manuka honey? If don't mind trouble can cook pear drink with 无花果, 南杏, 北杏。 my tcm says its safe for preggers

@sugarling i tot I read preggy cannot take 南杏, 北杏? Correct me if i'm wrong k.. coz my MIL boiled it for me awhile back coz I was coughing. End up I only took abit coz I read the almond is poisonous :(

So far, I haven't really recovered from my cough and now it's back again. Like @tinkle_stars , I cough throughout the night too sighz... Like too much earthquake for bb already

see TCM?
my friend went to see EYS TCM after coughing for very long (those 100 day cough) when she was pregnant.

please dont employ a confinement lady by the name of AH CHOO. She is absolutely horrible. first day arrive she pass us the receipts of her taxi ride from custom woodlands to my place. She is from MELAKA. Anyway thats fine.

She told me she only given 21 days pass to be in Singapore.! so i ask her how? She ask us to apply work permit which would be another $200+. on top of S$2800.

She is not a big fan of Breastfeeding too. When i started breastfeeding with difficulty, it doesnt help her being there encouraging to bottled feed!

She nearly cut the unbilical cord off with a scissors and her reply was 'always its done like that'. Luckily we consulted our mother and advised us NEVER to cut off the remaining thread of umbilical cord. Let it drop off! Because once its infected after you cut , baby might get very sick!

She doesnt clean and wash for baby bottles. She uses tap water to rinse it off remaining milk and we later found out about.

Please Please dont contact or employ her.
+60 16 359 8443. You might regret it.

@sugarling i tot I read preggy cannot take 南杏, 北杏? Correct me if i'm wrong k.. coz my MIL boiled it for me awhile back coz I was coughing. End up I only took abit coz I read the almond is poisonous :(

So far, I haven't really recovered from my cough and now it's back again. Like @tinkle_stars , I cough throughout the night too sighz... Like too much earthquake for bb already

I bth le...whole night cough till I can't sleep well. Now seeing doc to get some medication. Hope it helps!

Hello mummies. I am so guilty of eating only junk food. But that's all I can eat without throwing up. Anyone else in same boat?

Hello mummies. I am so guilty of eating only junk food. But that's all I can eat without throwing up. Anyone else in same boat?
I feel you mommasg50! My taste buds totally changed too... Those food i used to like and crave no longer in my list and i cant think of any food i eat i will enjoy cos keep having the throwing up feeling.

Back