CONFINEMENT AGENCY? PEM CONFINEMENT AGENCY GOOD OR NOT?

Hi Joanne,

you may like to consider my present confinement lady whom I find quite good. I am in the midst of my confinement. This is my first confinement and I am glad I have got a good and experienced confinement lady to help me during this period.

She is an Indonesian Chinese who is on long term social pass. She charges $1900 and requires a $200 as deposit. When I first met with her in October before my delivery, she told me a list of things to buy. I appreciate it as I am able to prepare the things before the arrival of my baby, including fresh herbs from a Medical Shop at Rocher Road at a good price.

During the confinement, I find her hygienic when handling the baby. She helps me with breastfeeding the baby by suggesting certain comfortable suggestions and also advises on storage of excess milk.

She is prompt in washing the laundry for me, my hubby and baby. She is on time in terms of cooking for me, refilling tea for me and boiling water for me to bath.

She is friendly and takes instructions well. If you like, you may reach her Auntie Poh at 93532097

Hi Debelle

This Auntie Poh you are currently using, her charge of SGD1,900 is relatively lower than the norm, so no compromise?

How old is she? Speak Mandarin? Does she help in housework and cook for family cos' I presently do not have a helper and am living with my parents? Since she is from Indo, can she cook chinese confinement food and make tonic soup?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

if anyone interested to get a cl, do pm me.

I am from feb 2011 thread. My current cl is so much better than my previous one. You can meet up with her if you want as she stays in singapore.

The agency is responsible. But it is your luck if you have good nanny. I engage mine from there. The 1st one was no good but i ask the agent to replace one for me and free replacement and the 2nd one is good. I have the 2nd nanny contact. if u interested, pm me for contact

Hi Angeline,

Not able to PM you as your inbox dont allow PM.

I will like to have your 2nd nanny contact if possible.

I confirmed with PEM Confinement Agency 1 month ago.. Now kinda of worried for my wife after seeing the comments.

Thanks!

Hi Alvin

My confinement lady is also quite good. She is called Xin Hua. She has

20 years' experience. She can cook a variety of confinement food

(including soups and tonics), can take care of baby and do simple

housechores for you if you don't have a maid. She is very

pro-breastfeeding and can do breast massage too. I had quite a hard

time breastfeeding my first kid and she is really a great help.

You can contact her at +60172418030 (M'sia no.) or +6590395121 (Singapore HP).

Hi Angeline

U do nt accept pm . Can I check did u use ikare? Which CL did u use do u mind pm me thanks

Hi All,

I'm a new mum in this forum with a pair of 26 days old identical twin boys and I would like to share my experience and recommend my current CL, Meiling and I-kare agency.

Before contacting I-kare, I too, am looking around for CLs and have no clue whom to get.. thro this forum, I learnt bout i-kare and I contacted May.

After talking to May, I found out that unlike other agencies, i-kare has their own exclusive nannies and May will assign a nanny whom is suitable for your needs.

Meiling, currently with me, is really good and works fast. And I would say she’s a god-sent helper for me.. She helps with the chores, does the laundry and prepares food, not just for me, also for my family members.. And furthermore, she takes very good care of my twins and is very careful with the boys.. **which allows me to have full rest during this period**..

I am not too sure if my experience is useful to you, but from what I have been thro, I feel its best for you to talk to the agencies before deciding what is best for you and for you infant. Getting right help is something that is really important esp when you are in confinement.

I'm currently doing my confinement with PEM.

1st Nanny said she has 20+yrs experience, can cook very well, but complain abt everything, the moment she open her mouth, she's complain abt something, and we set her packing her bag within 48hrs.

PEM was very nice to replace us another nanny with no question asked.

The 2nd one was great, thou cooking so-so, but she has genuine love for the baby, and i feel at ease leaving my girl with her. I even extended her service for another 2 weeks.

I guess its all about luck.

Elaine,

does your CL also help if mummy wanna bathe huh? Cuz I heard need to boil water and herbs.. so a bit troublesome...

I nearly sign pkg with pem in the end I chng my mind coz too many negative story abt them and my frens also ask me not to waste on them. They always ask for feedback but when they receive complaint they don't even reply to u or apologize. Anyway the boss is still lily, she vent anger on my fren when she's doing her confinement. Coz my fren complaint bat CL using phone always and never look after bb so she want replacement n she don't know wanna pay the CL salary coz CL only cook n use the phone the rest is her mil n herself looking after bb. Anyway won't recommend PEM!

Hi starz 2011, you dont accept pm... my experience is with i-kare. So-so only... i feel..

Though she promise that her confinement ladies are exclusive, she assign 1 s not.

in her website, she said" Lactation Support

If you choose to breastfeed, our nannies have ample training and experience in breastfeeding support and can help you to avoid common mistakes which can prematurely discourage you"

not true lo.. i changed 2 CL during my confinement.. the 1st one, keep asking me to do formula feed and mix.. or else, the baby will be hungry.. in the middle of the night, she keep nagging about this. when i ask her to wake up and burp the bb... the 2nd one is assigned is not her exclusive. dun noe where she find... also kip asking mi must formula feed or else baby dun grow. kip telling me my bb s so small.. cursing my baby wont grow big without formula milk.... on the 1st night refuse to wake up.... then i ask her to leave.. she told me I am so bad...

she told me she got lots of experience in bb care. she even want to pass me her no. i can contact her directly with May. She told her she is not exclusive to May... I was so shock when i heard that...

i complained to May.. N tink no choice, she has to change for me..

the last one also.. kip asking me to formula feed. however tis time round i insist...

overall i feel that my confinement period is quite bad... i get depression during that time. kip crying and feel so cheated by the CL.... luckliy i kip complaining to my frens n slowly get over it...

I had a good confinement. It is from http://www.a-team.com.sg/ . My confinement lady supports me a lot emotionally. I feel at times I am rather unreasonable and I think my CL tolerate me alot. My mother in law is a difficult person and yet CL able to slow talk with MIL. Respect to CL. Call them if you need one.

I engaged one from PEM in 2006 and I was lucky to have one which was quite good. You must tell PEM about your requirements and if you know the names of CL who are not good, state that you do not want them.

i have used pem CL. So far so good. My child is 3 months old now. My CL is ming zhu aunt. She can cook well and v. experienced come to handle with baby. Can consider my nanny if you looking for pem services. guess i am lucky ^^

I just finish my confinement with PEM too. Nanny was great, gave me and husband lots of help and guidance and the food she cook is really nice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My confinement auntie from PEM, Auntie Tang.. very good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my baby was born 2.4kgs.. she took great care of him.. 1st month - his weight doubled.. plus take good care of me..

Pem confinement is over rated and service is bad! I am sending my cl off, she cannot cook and has no initiative.

She cooks the same dishes day and night and never prepares confinement food.

I use PEM only beccoz the CL i used for my 2nd bb, switched company. She didn't want breach her contract with PEM so we did it via PEM. I would rather pay her directly.

Their customer service isnt very good.

I used Pem and it is so good, i strongly recommend my aunty shi ying aunty to all. Their sales personal is also quite friendly. I would definitely use Pem again if I really need 1 in future. Good luck for all mothers looking for a good confinement lady.

There seem to be no incentive for getting CL from PEM, if u have engaged them previously. Years ago i engaged them and there's still early bird discount. Now, told them that i will have maid to take care of 1st child and housework will be done by maid as well plus i'm a returning customer, the answer was simply no discount...

And when i told them i would like to reconsider, the sales person sounds so sarcastic.. told me that he has to prewarn me if i dont sign now, later the price up don't blame him... wth...

Any other CL agencies to recommend? To me engaging CL from Agencies will be better in case CL not good or run away, i jus need to call agencies...

Hi ladies, my hubby signed up a PEM CL package for me. Would like to know the names of your CL, both the good and bad ones. so that I can let the agency know who I prefer or want to avoid. Thanks!

If you had taken the herbal package, does the CL automatically know how to cook those? Any add'l herbs you prepared for other dishes?

Dun engage PEM, the quality of CL is declining. I m in comfinement now, and i send off my 1st CL from PEM. She is sucks! Irresponsible, argumentative, no patience with my newborn! 2nd CL is the replacement from PEM, also no good! She took fruits from fridge n eat in her room instead of serve me. she is so demanding, always ask my MIL buy her food n snacks as afternoon tea break..always hint us to give her big 'Hong Bao' or present when she leaves, i told her tat all these she needs to earn for it. I dun trust PEM anymore, no quality, they just outsource CL..really depends on ur luck!

Lili: 1st CL's name is Tan sai eng, we call her 'ying jie'. 2nd CL, dun noe the full name, we call her 'zhen jie'.

Anyone have good confinement nannies to recommend from PEM? I booked a recommended nanny but just got to know that she may not be available [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] If anyone has, please kindly recommend.

Hi,

PEM is a good confinement nanny agency, they are providing us well experienced nanny's. So there is no confusion in selection of nanny's from PEM agency. They gave a perfect training to their CL's.

Hi,

Here one thing i am going to share with you all, the PEM Confinement Nanny Agency is providing us a good services with their confinement nanny's and every one from PEM are well trained and well experienced. So, we can engage a nanny from PEM Confinement Nanny Agency. I heard from most of the people that the PEM services are good.

I am doing my confinement with third nanny assigned from PEM. the second nanny is better. the first nanny called Looi Jie was horrible. depends on luck

I have just asked the nanny from PEM Confinement Nanny Agency to leave. Her name is Zhang Qiu Zhen.
I am utterly disappointed with the services provided both from this nanny and the company, .

1. She has been given the master bedroom, together with my newborn. One night, by chance, my MIL went into the room and saw my baby being placed on the head rest of the couch-liked bed with his head not supported! The head rest of the couch is about 45 degree slanted. And the nanny was sleeping just beside my baby. My baby's head was about 40 degree slanted since newborn's neck is not strong to support at this moment, with his body slightly curled up! This is so ridiculous and unacceptable! My MIL asked her to put him back to the play pen but she didn't. I went up and carry my baby into the play pen. When being questioned, she explained that she was too tired then. I wasn't able to sleep the well since then.
2. She cooked the 'confinement dishes' to her own likings. In order to share the 'confinement dishes' with me, she added the cooking oil instead of the seasame oil. This is so that the dishes would not be too heaty and therefore she could eat. By doing this, she was being very dishonest. We asked her to cook with ginger but she did it with minimal. Fortunately, my MIL caught her. She never shared the confinement dishes with me since then.
3. Since I am breast-feeding, I have requested to have the electric breast pump to be washed after I have expressed at 11PM. I have told her that she could wash any time in the middle of the night when baby is up for milk. This is so that I would be able to express at 5am. She rejected stating that her time is not fixed. I did not want to make it too awkward and therefore would drag the time to express milk around 8am after the pump has been washed.
4. We have bought the herbs for bathing. She boiled the packet of herbs with only about 500ml, left it cool to cold and asked me to add the heater water, whenever I am ready to bathe. We told her that the packet of herbs should be boiled repeatedly till about half the bucket. She insisted her way despite telling her. My MIL ended up doing the bath herbs for me.

We had given her privacy (having a room of her own, with the baby), given her ample time to rest in the noon and evening but she would just be on her handphone. Aside of the 3 meals, we provided her tea breaks with milo, biscuits, breads and any cold drinks she could find in the fridge.

Are the nannies from PEM Confinement Nanny Agency trained? Do you consider the happenings above as trained???

I have contacted Jason Phua, the nanny's manager and have spoken to him. Although I have told him the above, he said that he wasn't able to advise me since he's from the back end, meaning doing on the administrative part. He could only provide me with a replacement. I have tried to call and text this number, 91616511 but to no avail. This is the person who text me to inform him upon delivery.

I have paid a total of $600 (deposit)+ $300 (herbs)+ $608 (pro-rated 11 days of services)+ $200 (recommendation fees)= $1708 for this lousy services.
Well, I do agree that it still depends on your luck on who the nanny is, but better to be safe than sorry; never choose PEM Confinement Nanny Agency as any of your choice.

May not be totally relevant to OP but beware of Aunty Nanny agency (owner: Mei Yoong). Nannies provided we're totally unqualified and inexperienced. First nanny had some dispute with agency prior to coming to our place, and promptly refused to start work when told that we're unable to provide a "private toilet" for her use.

5 days later we were sent a replacement who confessed that she had never done confinement aside from her own grandchildren who are now 5 yrs old. She had nice personality, so we have her a chance to learn (luckily my mom was around to guide her) but she gave up after 4 days.

Agency kicked up a fuss when we decided to discontinue the service for not wanting them to just send us a 3rd unqualified replacement. In the end we only recovered about 60% of what we paid for 4 days of "confinement service". Thoroughly disappointed and would caution anyone planning to engage Aunty Nanny.

These people just want to make money at the expense of well being of mother and baby. Dun they know that the mother is weak and the baby is vulnerable. And they need care? How could they send unqualified help to them?

Back