(2014) ivf mummies support group

Congrats Faithfullyours on the full bm. I am still doing night fm and also when we go out. Check with U all when your bb latch do they just lay there in ur arms and suck comfortably or keep fidgeting around. My girls keep fidgeting and stretching and twisting till the nipple keep unlatching. Sometimes don't know is they full liao that's why hate it when I push my boobs to their face or what.

My younger girl keep having like block nose like that. Always will see nose shit stuck in there even After I suck out will come back and when she drink can hear like affecting her nasal passage. Any way to make her feel better?

faith-so happy ur girl on full bm now.. latch easier 2manage... no need 2wash...
Joy, are you on total breastfeeding too? Ask you ah, if you are total breastfeeding, do you still pump? That day when I had my review with Dr Tan, he said no need to pump unless I feel super engorged. If I'm breastfeeding every 3 hours, he said no need to pump. Actually now sometimes I breastfeed every hour. My girl sometimes falls asleep when I breastfeed her. Then I also don't know how much she drinks per session. I agree with the part that no washing of bottles and pump.

Last night I almost quarrelled with my CL again. Last night my girl was cranky and we knew she was very tired but somehow she just couldn't sleep. Like fell asleep for a very short while then she would wake up on her own again. DH managed to coax her to sleep on our bed but we have a policy that our girl should not sleep on our bed and she has to sleep on her bed. After letting her sleep on our bed for a while, thinking that she had fallen into deep sleep, I transferred her to her bed and she started crying non stop. Every time she cried, CL would come and ask if she's hungry and why she was crying and not sleeping but I knew this time for sure she wasn't crying for milk because I just breastfed her. Probably angry with me that I disturbed her sleep. In the end, I told CL very firmly that she wasn't crying for milk.

I have nothing against my CL. She's been a great help but sometimes she's very negative about things like now we are training my girl to sleep in her cot because during my confinement, for convenience sake, CL had been putting her on her bed to sleep, despite me telling her to put my girl in the cot to sleep many times. So now almost every time we put her in her cot to sleep, she would cry. Then CL would say she doesn't like to sleep in the cot. I told CL because she didn't let my girl sleep in the cot initially, that's why. Then our Maxi Cosi bassinet is the car seat and also the pram seat. Singapore law enforces that all children must travel in car seat for safety reasons. So sometimes when we put our girl in the car seat, she cries and CL will comment that she doesn't like to sit in the bassinet. I told CL we don't have a choice. This is Singapore, not Malaysia. We have to make sure that she sits in the car seat for her own safety and if we are caught by traffic police, it's fine plus demerit points. I also told CL after sleeping and sitting in an area for a while, we tend to be uncomfortable because it can get warm. So likewise for babies. They can't talk yet so they can only cry to let us know they are uncomfortable and we need to change position for them. Not because they don't like the cot or car seat.

Faithfullyours ur girl can sleep in bed is good. How I wish my girls can sleep in bed even if it's sleeping with us. But they just like bouncer cause can rock to sleep. My girls now need constant rocking. Once stop wake cry :( your cl same as my mum. Cry means hungry then keep feeding. I already tell her a lot of times they cry doesn't mean hungry must try to coax or delay cause every 2 hr sometimes even 1 hr. She just want them drink and sleep. Best it's my mum I cannot voice too loud to her wait she angry. Cause she been helping me with the babies a lot too.

Bud what is baby vic? Got diff from adult one?

faith-i m givin full bm via latch... i dun pump at all.. if full n drip i jus let it be.. a lot of raw food in freezer now.. not comfortable with mixin the milk with so much food.. n if say cont 2latch till end mat leave, n pump subsquently, not sure if will hav a chance 2drk all é bm b4 expires...

my mum comes over n cook now... got challenges 2manage also.. she got a lot of opinion on everythg... good intentions but reminds me of é times where i live with them n had to put up with.. n i hav 2spare a thought for hubz he hav 2b monitored by my mum also... i hav 2ask her 2end é cookin n restore our lives & cultivate sm habit 4baby...

i hav this problem baby cries a few mins aft sleep... any creative solutions??

one more question-if baby latch, possible 2overfeed?

Last edited:
U can spray the sterimar infant saltwater. Then Ard 10 to 15 sec later use the pigeon tube to suck out the mucus. The kkh doctor taught me. Really suck alot.

Faithfully, ya sometimes we hv to be firm with the CL. My CL went back aldy on Xmas day. I extended her 3 days cos I need to go bangkok. I pumped and froze alot of bm for her this period of time and my mum came over to stay.

I am guilty of letting my gal sleep on our bed too. Cos at night, I just latch her and most of time both of us fell asleep.

I latch and will pump out still. Cos I scared bb didn't drink much and the supply will drop and also I like to go out and my helper will need the ebm to feed bb. when I was in Bangkok, the yield each pump keep getting lesser.

Joy, are you on total breastfeeding too? Ask you ah, if you are total breastfeeding, do you still pump? That day when I had my review with Dr Tan, he said no need to pump unless I feel super engorged. If I'm breastfeeding every 3 hours, he said no need to pump. Actually now sometimes I breastfeed every hour. My girl sometimes falls asleep when I breastfeed her. Then I also don't know how much she drinks per session. I agree with the part that no washing of bottles and pump.

Last night I almost quarrelled with my CL again. Last night my girl was cranky and we knew she was very tired but somehow she just couldn't sleep. Like fell asleep for a very short while then she would wake up on her own again. DH managed to coax her to sleep on our bed but we have a policy that our girl should not sleep on our bed and she has to sleep on her bed. After letting her sleep on our bed for a while, thinking that she had fallen into deep sleep, I transferred her to her bed and she started crying non stop. Every time she cried, CL would come and ask if she's hungry and why she was crying and not sleeping but I knew this time for sure she wasn't crying for milk because I just breastfed her. Probably angry with me that I disturbed her sleep. In the end, I told CL very firmly that she wasn't crying for milk.

I have nothing against my CL. She's been a great help but sometimes she's very negative about things like now we are training my girl to sleep in her cot because during my confinement, for convenience sake, CL had been putting her on her bed to sleep, despite me telling her to put my girl in the cot to sleep many times. So now almost every time we put her in her cot to sleep, she would cry. Then CL would say she doesn't like to sleep in the cot. I told CL because she didn't let my girl sleep in the cot initially, that's why. Then our Maxi Cosi bassinet is the car seat and also the pram seat. Singapore law enforces that all children must travel in car seat for safety reasons. So sometimes when we put our girl in the car seat, she cries and CL will comment that she doesn't like to sit in the bassinet. I told CL we don't have a choice. This is Singapore, not Malaysia. We have to make sure that she sits in the car seat for her own safety and if we are caught by traffic police, it's fine plus demerit points. I also told CL after sleeping and sitting in an area for a while, we tend to be uncomfortable because it can get warm. So likewise for babies. They can't talk yet so they can only cry to let us know they are uncomfortable and we need to change position for them. Not because they don't like the cot or car seat.

Maybe ur gal used to slp in bed liao so put at cot she will cry. So muz train lor. Problem with having cl too long coz a lot of problem

If DL no need to pump at all

Faithfully, ya sometimes we hv to be firm with the CL. My CL went back aldy on Xmas day. I extended her 3 days cos I need to go bangkok. I pumped and froze alot of bm for her this period of time and my mum came over to stay.

I am guilty of letting my gal sleep on our bed too. Cos at night, I just latch her and most of time both of us fell asleep.

I latch and will pump out still. Cos I scared bb didn't drink much and the supply will drop and also I like to go out and my helper will need the ebm to feed bb. when I was in Bangkok, the yield each pump keep getting lesser.
How did you store the bm when you were in Bangkok?

Maybe ur gal used to slp in bed liao so put at cot she will cry. So muz train lor. Problem with having cl too long coz a lot of problem

If DL no need to pump at all
Yes I agree. When I have a 2nd baby, I will not want a CL anymore. I just need someone to cook for me to eat. The rest I think I can do myself.

Yes I agree. When I have a 2nd baby, I will not want a CL anymore. I just need someone to cook for me to eat. The rest I think I can do myself.

Can hire la but maybe for 1 mth nia not for long I think 2 mths is too long. Initially I also thought like u 2nd bb dun want hire cl but thinking by then u need to handle 1 toddler n 1 bb can Tahan ma so better hire a cl. At least the cl can help u bath the bb n change the diaper while u can entertain ur first kid if not I tell u, u got no rest at all even worse.

cook very testin on patience also... i not used to sm1 else usin my kitchen & fridge.. but i jus close 1eye now...
My cl make my kitchen so dirty n oily. The wall, pots n cupboard so oily. My house never have housefly n fruit fly until she came . My hubby n me spend a lot of time cleaning and even threw away some stuffs coz too dirty to contd using. Now she left, all her 'pets' died too. She also dented my fridge, broke the chopping board, a cup and cleaning brush... I never scold her lor just closed both eyes.

My cl make my kitchen so dirty n oily. The wall, pots n cupboard so oily. My house never have housefly n fruit fly until she came . My hubby n me spend a lot of time cleaning and even threw away some stuffs coz too dirty to contd using. Now she left, all her 'pets' died too. She also dented my fridge, broke the chopping board, a cup and cleaning brush... I never scold her lor just closed both eyes.
Kitkats, I feel you! My kitchen and fridge are super disorganised! Even my girl's drawers of clothes are super messy!

Bud your Avent Classic bottle teats U got change? As in now bb 2m + did u buy their 1m+ teats? I find my babies cannot take their 1m+ teats the milk finish so fast and when burp the milk burp out.

Anybody using Avent bottles and find their teats too big or fast flow for their babies

I haven't change teats for my baby as well. Is it a must to change? I thought it would be best for baby to use slowest teats to encourage baby to suck harder. If not baby would just wait for the milk to flow out.

Snow19, does cocoon helps in making sure baby sleep at night. Pacifier don't seems to work.

For mine it did but for others I Duno my boy dun really take pacifier to slp for cocoon muz let bb slp frm start le now start abit too late

Bud your Avent Classic bottle teats U got change? As in now bb 2m + did u buy their 1m+ teats? I find my babies cannot take their 1m+ teats the milk finish so fast and when burp the milk burp out.

Anybody using Avent bottles and find their teats too big or fast flow for their babies
Buddy just saw your msg. Haha when you talk about this topic I was getting my avent classic teats from ntuc. I bought the 1 m+ one as I find steam so many times daily is time to change. This is my personal views la. I find classic better for me than natural as natural the teats very wide. Btw my baby just stop drinking at 100ml or sometime lesser. She just can't increase her intake. Mine also the milk will burp out but a little only. Before she resolve her colic problem she did burp out quite a lot of milk and when she drinks the milk like not up not down like this. Now after changing milk powder, she is able to poo at least 2 days once and colic problem also better after taking the colic syrup.
Mam pacifier not bad will not block the nose but got one plastic smell. I soak in saltwater.
Tonight I am going to bring my baby to ju shin jung korean bbq haha.

Last edited:
Yes mam pacifier really compact suit small Babies. Now that U mention the plastic smell I go smell really plastic lol. By the way I try to give my girl Avent bottle again the natural teat but elder don't want take don't know is full or what drink half way reject cry. Younger take twice from the teat already ok. I prefer both take same bottles so more uniform. Yr classic range I know the teats Is the normal one. I try that too but think that time I use 1m+ teats they both too fast cannot adapt to the flow. They still prefer 0m+ one I think.

The baby vics look like what bud can show? I didn see in guardian only see normal vics

Snow19, does cocoon helps in making sure baby sleep at night. Pacifier don't seems to work.
We are training our girl to keep to a waking up, play time, nap time and bed time schedule. We just implement it today. So far so good. Hope we can achieve success. We realise we need to do it to anticipate her needs better. We realise IFC also has their own schedule to follow if we were to send her to IFC. So we think it's better to have a schedule for the good of parents and child.

This is our intended schedule for my girl:
8 am: wake up time. Even if she's still sleeping, she should leave her cot.
8.30 am: feeding time
9 am: a walk at the swimming pool
10 am: bathing time
11 am: feeding time
So far we are able to achieve the above this morning. I realise my bm can only last her for 2 hours. So her feeding time typically will be every 2 hours. If she naps after feeding, let her be. Babies need about 16 hours of sleep including night time sleeping.

At night this is what we plan to do:
10 pm: sleeping time. She will enter our room where her cot is even if her eyes are still wide open. Total lights out. No other noise. For feeding, her very last feed will be fm to last her longer. Night feeds will still be every 2 hours. During night feeds & diaper change, keep lights dim.

I managed to do the night feeds every 2 hours before she cried for milk last night and keep the lights dim. And she slept in her cot throughout the whole night until 8 am this morning.

Faithfullyours I usually hope my girls can sleep by 9plus10 too at night but they usually will cry and cry sometime can drag till 12-1am. The room lights are dim too but don't know why they just cannot sleep. No cot cause they don't like once put there they cry cause no rocking effect.

Then your girl afternoon if sleep U let her sleep or will ask her wake?

Where to get the sterimar infant saltwater? Then spray into the nose straight? They won't cry like mad?

I bought at KKH pharmacy. Get the infant one. The spray is milder. Bb will b a little uncomfortable but u must quickly suck out so all the mucus will come out together

How did you store the bm when you were in Bangkok?

I freeze it. Frozen bm can last up to 2 months. I hv one compartment in freezer just for bm.

I store about 30 packs... during confinement I pumped very often. So stored alot. Now getting lazy. Just latch on. Will still pump so my helper can help me to feed in the morning when I pass her the baby.

Buddy just saw your msg. Haha when you talk about this topic I was getting my avent classic teats from ntuc. I bought the 1 m+ one as I find steam so many times daily is time to change. This is my personal views la. I find classic better for me than natural as natural the teats very wide. Btw my baby just stop drinking at 100ml or sometime lesser. She just can't increase her intake. Mine also the milk will burp out but a little only. Before she resolve her colic problem she did burp out quite a lot of milk and when she drinks the milk like not up not down like this. Now after changing milk powder, she is able to poo at least 2 days once and colic problem also better after taking the colic syrup.
Mam pacifier not bad will not block the nose but got one plastic smell. I soak in saltwater.
Tonight I am going to bring my baby to ju shin jung korean bbq haha.
What colic syrup you use?

We are training our girl to keep to a waking up, play time, nap time and bed time schedule. We just implement it today. So far so good. Hope we can achieve success. We realise we need to do it to anticipate her needs better. We realise IFC also has their own schedule to follow if we were to send her to IFC. So we think it's better to have a schedule for the good of parents and child.

This is our intended schedule for my girl:
8 am: wake up time. Even if she's still sleeping, she should leave her cot.
8.30 am: feeding time
9 am: a walk at the swimming pool
10 am: bathing time
11 am: feeding time
So far we are able to achieve the above this morning. I realise my bm can only last her for 2 hours. So her feeding time typically will be every 2 hours. If she naps after feeding, let her be. Babies need about 16 hours of sleep including night time sleeping.

At night this is what we plan to do:
10 pm: sleeping time. She will enter our room where her cot is even if her eyes are still wide open. Total lights out. No other noise. For feeding, her very last feed will be fm to last her longer. Night feeds will still be every 2 hours. During night feeds & diaper change, keep lights dim.

I managed to do the night feeds every 2 hours before she cried for milk last night and keep the lights dim. And she slept in her cot throughout the whole night until 8 am this morning.
What about 11 am to 10 pm?

What about 11 am to 10 pm?
11 am to 10 pm is just feeding every 2 hours. If she naps after feeding, I'll just ler be. When she's awake, I'll engage her in some activities like listening to nursery songs, promote her sensory development, talk to her, play with her. She's learning how to talk by making sounds.

Here is the colic syrup can get from pharmacy. Then baby vic can get from ntuc, giant and etc also got leh. Colic baby will have hard time sleeping. Like sleep a while will wake up cry cry and usually late afternoon or evening will cry until very jia lat. The colic syrup can injection tube to feed like 0.5ml when Colic attack. Then I will prepare a bottle of milk. The syrup I think taste badly so after I put the syrup into the mouth will bluff her to drink milk.

Attachments

• 1419769486718.jpg
    1419769486718.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 1419769501739.jpg
    1419769501739.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 119
Faithfullyours I usually hope my girls can sleep by 9plus10 too at night but they usually will cry and cry sometime can drag till 12-1am. The room lights are dim too but don't know why they just cannot sleep. No cot cause they don't like once put there they cry cause no rocking effect.

Then your girl afternoon if sleep U let her sleep or will ask her wake?
When we bring her into the room, we switch off all the lights. So our whole room is pitch dark. When I do my breastfeeding at night, I never switch on the main light, just switch on my rainbow light which I bought before delivery. When change diaper then I'll switch on our toilet light.

In the afternoon, if she naps after feeding, I'll let her be. If she's awake, I'll engage her in activities like listening to nursery songs, promote her sensory development, talk to her, read books to her, sing songs to her.

I googled that babies at this stage should not stay awake for more than 2 hours. They need to sleep to promote brain development. So if she stays awake for more than 2 hours, we will try to make her sleep.

Faithfully, how do you do your night feed? You direct latch right? Carry her or put on your bed and feed lying down.

Here is the colic syrup can get from pharmacy. Then baby vic can get from ntuc, giant and etc also got leh. Colic baby will have hard time sleeping. Like sleep a while will wake up cry cry and usually late afternoon or evening will cry until very jia lat. The colic syrup can injection tube to feed like 0.5ml when Colic attack. Then I will prepare a bottle of milk. The syrup I think taste badly so after I put the syrup into the mouth will bluff her to drink milk.
Lynn, what's the difference between this and gripe water that we can get from NTUC

bb_hc - i also latch all day.. at night if i m very tired i will lie down n latch on side.. if not i will use brest friend pillow... but for diaper change i will go 2nex room n on é lights... but mines is still less than a mth...

Faithfully, how do you do your night feed? You direct latch right? Carry her or put on your bed and feed lying down.
I will carry her out of her cot and latch her directly. Usually I don't even have my back against anything. I don't know how to latch on the bed with her lying beside me.

I just started my night training with her. Brought her into our room at 10 pm. Her eyes were still wide open. Latched her for 45 minutes and she still didn't want to fall asleep. Bottle fed her 60 ml fm but she only drank 20 ml. Put her in her cot while I bathed. After my bath, she started crying. I didn't carry her immediately. I let her cry for 5 minutes before I carried her. Yes i started the training to let her cry and see if she can self soothe herself to fall asleep and don't need us to coax. now she has fallen asleep in my arms. Gonna put her in her cot to sleep. Wish me good luck!

Last edited:
We also find out that if babies are overly tired, they will not nod off easily. Especially at night. If they stay awake for more than 2 hours, try to find ways to make them sleep.

bb_hc - i also latch all day.. at night if i m very tired i will lie down n latch on side.. if not i will use brest friend pillow... but for diaper change i will go 2nex room n on é lights... but mines is still less than a mth...
Hmm.. my problem now is she don't open her mouth to let me latch.

My girls like can latch already but at times I latch they always won't like guai guai suck they just got to keep moving their head and suck a bit mouth leave nipple again then I have hard time struggling make them go Back to suck they always moving their head to here and there like cannot concentrate. That's why I don't latch as main. Latching like appetiser to them now after latch will still bottle feed.

My girl slept at 11.15 pm last night and only made some noises at 2.30 am. I saw that her eyes were still closed. I carried her out of her cot to breastfeed her and change her diaper. Her eyes were still closed. I googled this is called dream feed. I put her back in her cot. An hour later, she started making some noises again but knowing that she could not be hungry that fast, I ignored her noises. She managed to self soothe herself and fall asleep on her own. When she made noises at 6.30 am, I breastfed her and changed her diaper. She slept in her cot till 8 am and DH carried her out of the room and placed her at her playing mattress. She was still sleeping. She woke up at 9 am. Played some nursery songs for her to listen and played with her for a while before we brought her out to walk around at the swimming pool. We bathed her at 10.30 am. She cried because it was daddy's first time bathing her. Probably not used to it. Breastfed her at 10.50 am. She's napping now.

We got through the first day and night implementation. Hopefully we can achieve and maintain all these in the long term.

Faithfully so good your dh can be with you. My dh got to work.
Bb_hc, gripe water like no effect to my baby so got to use colic syrup.
Btw does all your baby poo by themselves into the diaper? My baby after full month already know what is poo poo. I got to poo poo her open the diaper then she poo out as she scare dirty her backside. My baby can starts to talk like hey, orr and of course other baby language.

My girl slept at 11.15 pm last night and only made some noises at 2.30 am. I saw that her eyes were still closed. I carried her out of her cot to breastfeed her and change her diaper. Her eyes were still closed. I googled this is called dream feed. I put her back in her cot. An hour later, she started making some noises again but knowing that she could not be hungry that fast, I ignored her noises. She managed to self soothe herself and fall asleep on her own. When she made noises at 6.30 am, I breastfed her and changed her diaper. She slept in her cot till 8 am and DH carried her out of the room and placed her at her playing mattress. She was still sleeping. She woke up at 9 am. Played some nursery songs for her to listen and played with her for a while before we brought her out to walk around at the swimming pool. We bathed her at 10.30 am. She cried because it was daddy's first time bathing her. Probably not used to it. Breastfed her at 10.50 am. She's napping now.

We got through the first day and night implementation. Hopefully we can achieve and maintain all these in the long term.
How long is your latch each time? Mine probably less than 5 min if she is not hungry.

Back