IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks for your believe in my case.

Just like when we see a good tcm or good doc will share with each other here whom we know are all on this difficult and tiring path that we feel nobody else understand. I feel nothing to lose for me, except some money which can be earned back. Anyway what's a bit more of money since already spend so much on this baby journey. I just buy less of 1 or 2 bags..

All in good time. :)

Tonight going to have a hearty meal, yeah!

Thanks all! Sprinkle more baby dusts!! Jia you and hope bfp come your way soon!

Last edited:
Congratulations mrs tann! I am more interested to know what u eat or how u take care of youtself befre this bfp rather than the healing sessions ..care to share? Thanks

And now that u bfp liao,no need spend money on healing anymore hee...take good care of yourself ! Wish u smooth smooth soon soon 9 months !

but we cannot take during the cycle? take alternate days?

Best not to take any drop of alcohol during the cycle (from the Western science point of view). And if you're taking any other Chinese medicine during your cycle, the herbal effects may clash.

Last edited:
For those who succeeded with brazil nuts,can i check its taken before er or its taken after et? Gonna tiao my body to get ready months later. Maybi a positive attittude helps? Lol

This month no ivf for me but i be on leave. Guess i just enjoy my festive mood then. Happy boxing day to all sisters!

Congratulations mrs tann! I am more interested to know what u eat or how u take care of youtself befre this bfp rather than the healing sessions ..care to share? Thanks

I eat normal stuff daily nothing special except for lots of egg whites (like 5 eggs a day) to combat OHSS and longan red date drink daily. Abstain from cold drinks/ ice cream/ coffee and tea. Take folic acid n Coq10 (not daily as will forget at times) No other special care neither do I exercise too.

This time I went back to work the next day after ER and right in the afternoon after ET. Also didn't apply for any leave to relax prior to commencing on this cycle since year end is my work peak period and also can keep my mind off things.

What's additional is I did acupuncture 2 to 3 times for about 1.5 weeks starting from the time I inject myself right up to ER. After ER and up to 4 days after ET, I went for acupuncture sessions daily without fail at AMK. After 4 days we have to stop acpuncture as it may have implanted. Before I get started I also did not take see tcm to take their powder at all. Quite lax lor cos AMK is really too far for me.

Last edited:
Thank ubfor sharing mrs tann. Dr zou asked meto go accu immediately the day after et and followed by anothr two times on alternate days . By then mayb implantation period liao,dunno stil safe to accu or not? Further mre mine is blastocsyt, implantation wil b even earlier. Wat wil happen if we cont to do accu tro out the tww? Dangerous or not

I din succeed with brazil nut. but I took it after ET back then and it turn out to be bfn. This round I din take brazil nut cos I went NTUC but couldnt find it so din take in the end.

Thank ubfor sharing mrs tann. Dr zou asked meto go accu immediately the day after et and followed by anothr two times on alternate days . By then mayb implantation period liao,dunno stil safe to accu or not? Further mre mine is blastocsyt, implantation wil b even earlier. Wat wil happen if we cont to do accu tro out the tww? Dangerous or not

maybe u just do apuncture on ET day will do; dont do 4 days? or u ask tcm for advice? dr zou was out of town during my ER and ET time so I went to her few colleagues. And during my ET on wed n Dr zou is closed so I went to Raffles Hosp Tcm to do 1 acpuncture session that day. Cannot do thru out leh... 2 tcm tell me must stop after a few days.

Actually the last round I also did acupuncture religiously, drink LRD and eat folic acid, brazil nuts, egg whites and enjoyed my 3 week HL also din bfp.

Anyone knows if dr loh is resting tru out the whole cny period

I was actually look-in at fet in Jan
But looking at my crazy Jan work schedule, I'm not sure if I can still do it in Jan

Also,can anyone advise me how often do I need to go clinic for scan prior to fet? Cos I need to organise a business trip but am worried I need to constantly go back for scans
Thank u!
Hi ttc77, when I called to enquire with KK on FET, I was told I only need to call first day of AF and the fist scan is estimated on 8th day. Hope it helps.

So the Brazil nuts is a myth. Hee. I'm sure it's your time, mrstann. Congrats and all the best to your parenthood.

Hi ttc77, when I called to enquire with KK on FET, I was told I only need to call first day of AF and the fist scan is estimated on 8th day. Hope it helps.

Thanks babe!
Dr Loh told me to call in first day of AF.. I'm not sure how often the scans are n when will the transfer be done? also, how do the determine if It's a medicated or non medicated FET? Can any sistas share? Thanks!!

I eat normal stuff daily nothing special except for lots of egg whites (like 5 eggs a day) to combat OHSS and longan red date drink daily. Abstain from cold drinks/ ice cream/ coffee and tea. Take folic acid n Coq10 (not daily as will forget at times) No other special care neither do I exercise too.

This time I went back to work the next day after ER and right in the afternoon after ET. Also didn't apply for any leave to relax prior to commencing on this cycle since year end is my work peak period and also can keep my mind off things.

What's additional is I did acupuncture 2 to 3 times for about 1.5 weeks starting from the time I inject myself right up to ER. After ER and up to 4 days after ET, I went for acupuncture sessions daily without fail at AMK. After 4 days we have to stop acpuncture as it may have implanted. Before I get started I also did not take see tcm to take their powder at all. Quite lax lor cos AMK is really too far for me.
So did u take extra caution at work? which tcm at amk did u go? Need booking?

So excited! The first person I notified of my bfp is Mdm Tan who is my healer! She does healing for me!

Second person is my hubby and the third person is my TCM doc Zou.

Just to share as I promised to write about her when I get my bfp.

I looked for her before I actually got started as I failed my previous cycle and was worried my now last third cycle maybe negative and I won't have any more grant to use. Furthermore my hubby was jobless then.

She guided me and asked me to start in end 2014 and that's when my hubby will find his job. No point doing it when my hubby is unemployed. Really my hubby found a job after being unemployed for 9 mths!

I took up a number of healing sessions with her. One of which is past lives cleaning which need to done before I get started with my cycle. I also asked for distance healing and this is important to me as I need her to help me with the fertilisation and embryo growth in the lab. I was elated when my result was much better than previous round (4 out of 10 eggs made it vs 3 out of 20 eggs previously). Really out of the blue for me! Its all her hard work! After my ET, I immediately went for another healing session on my 2 little babies, after that we chit chat over lunch so relaxed.. she is very motherly..

And then I have cramps on my tummy - they were so bad that I just have to keep hammering my own hands onto the pillow or bed while lying down. And she did distance healing to help me and the cramps got better so that I could relax. I also got this blessed oil from her that I apply everyday on my tummy. Whenever my thoughts stray, she will ask me don't worry and just have faith.

Probably most of us do not know what healing or distance healing is about as its not popular in this part of our world. (maybe you goggle and read about it first). Many thanks to Mdm Tan and I'm very grateful that our paths cross and this bfp is really something I have hoped and wished for for soooo long that is almost like impossible to reach. A miracle come true! Thank you very much!!

×× I'm not advertising for her but just sharing on how it have helped me a lot ××

She is my pillar of support especially post ET during the 2ww when tcm or doc could not do anything more.
Hi mrs tann,

All ur 3 cycles are fresh ones? How long did u wait before starting another one?

I'm starting to take brazil nuts daily. Do anyone of u how many we should be taking daily? Saw from internet it says 3 nuts a day should be sufficient. Not sure but jus checking with u guys here.

Thanks babe!
Dr Loh told me to call in first day of AF.. I'm not sure how often the scans are n when will the transfer be done? also, how do the determine if It's a medicated or non medicated FET? Can any sistas share? Thanks!!
Mine was non medicated and I think decided by your doc beforehand.

littlejo: for my fresh cycles abt one year apart
Mrs tann, All fresh ones? 1yr apart? No frozen? I'm planning to go for my FE 2 months later from now. And if it still dun work out, probably will start a fresh one 1/2 half year or so... I'm not young so cant afford to wait too long.

Mrs tann, All fresh ones? 1yr apart? No frozen? I'm planning to go for my FE 2 months later from now. And if it still dun work out, probably will start a fresh one 1/2 half year or so... I'm not young so cant afford to wait too long.

yes I have frozen but only enough to do one time as I dont yield that many fertilised eggs. for my first cycle is 5 eggs (2 to use and 3 to freeze). second cycle is 3 eggs (2 to use and 1 to freeze) and third cycle is 4 eggs (2 to use and 2 to freeze).

in my personal view, I think u can start each fresh in abt 6 to 7 mths, no need to wait for a year... I staggered by 1 year is due to my own reason. for fet, u can start abt 2 mths after failed fresh.. let yr body rest 1 cycle.

I did take more than 3 as I find brazil nut so crunchy... liked it! took it like a snack during my bfn (previous) cycle. but for this current bfp cycle I didnt take it.

Last edited:
Hi babes my bt is not until Tuesday. I caved in and did hpt this morning, 11dp3dt. Do u all see a faint positive or it's my hopeful thinking?? Hope eyes not playing tricks on me. :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    760.3 KB · Views: 253
Is it the resolution? It is v v v faint on my iPhone.. Really hope it is for real! Please pray for me...
It looks like a faint line to me. For all the negatives I have seen on my heap sticks, there is def something here. Maybe can buy CB or some other brands to test?

yes I have frozen but only enough to do one time as I dont yield that many fertilised eggs. for my first cycle is 5 eggs (2 to use and 3 to freeze). second cycle is 3 eggs (2 to use and 1 to freeze) and third cycle is 4 eggs (2 to use and 2 to freeze).

in my personal view, I think u can start each fresh in abt 6 to 7 mths, no need to wait for a year... I staggered by 1 year is due to my own reason. for fet, u can start abt 2 mths after failed fresh.. let yr body rest 1 cycle.

I did take more than 3 as I find brazil nut so crunchy... liked it! took it like a snack during my bfn (previous) cycle. but for this current bfp cycle I didnt take it.

Hi mrs tann,
Means all 1st and 2nd FE ones didn't make it too (jus no implementation)? This 3rd time is ur fresh or frozen one? Sorry for asking so many questions. Dr told me FE only has 20% chance, even lower than fresh ones. Sianz. ..
Hasn't been sleeping well lately.

Littlejo, every embryo has a chance. I am sorry your doc told u that Snowbabies have lesser chance than those from a fresh. As a matter of fact, more clinics are experimenting on full frozen transfers (ie, no transfers on ER month to allow the body to heal).

Many sisters here fail on their fresh cycles and succeed on their thaw cycle(s). Don't let the thought that a thaw cycle has less chance affect you. Only God will know which embbie will make it. Stay strong & stay positive ya.

Littlejo, every embryo has a chance. I am sorry your doc told u that Snowbabies have lesser chance than those from a fresh. As a matter of fact, more clinics are experimenting on full frozen transfers (ie, no transfers on ER month to allow the body to heal).

Many sisters here fail on their fresh cycles and succeed on their thaw cycle(s). Don't let the thought that a thaw cycle has less chance affect you. Only God will know which embbie will make it. Stay strong & stay positive ya.

Hi ron8129,

Thanks so much for ur encouragement. It really does help lift up my mood. . Btw, I didn't know that there're clinics which don't encourage fresh transfer in the same month of ER. Has been sick for 2 days prob due to the sadness I'm gg through. Lucky still have this forum to let us spill our feelings out.

Hi ron8129,

Thanks so much for ur encouragement. It really does help lift up my mood. . Btw, I didn't know that there're clinics which don't encourage fresh transfer in the same month of ER. Has been sick for 2 days prob due to the sadness I'm gg through. Lucky still have this forum to let us spill our feelings out.
There is. N we have cases here who bfp with frozen embries. Have frozen embries tt survive e thaw also have chance to bfp de. Dun lose hope.

Hi littlejo, some of us have failed a fresh cycle before with none which made to freezing. So don't lose hope and give every snow baby u have a chance.

Hi brave gals,

Thanks so much for ur kind and encouragement words. Aft reading all these comments, I feel so much more comforting and heartwarming.. Let us all hope the best for all of us in the new year, brave hearts!

Hi brave gals,

Thanks so much for ur kind and encouragement words. Aft reading all these comments, I feel so much more comforting and heartwarming.. Let us all hope the best for all of us in the new year, brave hearts!

Hey babe, I feel you man. Cos I'm just failed my fresh in nov and am going to try frozen again next month. N I'm really worried it won't succeed again Cos doc says my eggs quality not good so Maybe this batch of embryos quality are not good

N same as u, these few days I suddenly realised mid Jan is coming v soon n I'm really not sure if my body is ready for FET n am becoming depressed these few says Cos of this

Like today I went to see Dr zou n kept asking her if my body is ready for FET. Anyway I'm gg to go for reiki healing to try and relax my body for FET. Not sure how if It's effective, but am gg to try every means to try to make ivf successful

Anyway take care babe. Though I know It's hard to not think so much n feel relaxed,but I guess We really have to try to learn to relax: )

anyone can recommend what vitamin should eat beside folic acid??

I am seeing Dr Zou Next week again to get medicine. She tell me see her 2 month can lehz.

I am going to start a fresh cycle in Early march. First cycled failed :)

Hi, littlejo, ttc77,

I can totally comprehend the feeling tt u r feeling.. We juz wan to hide fr all these ivf thingy for the longest time coz the disappointment is reali too intolerable @ times..

My view is tt, we cannot hide forever, we can only fight on if we wish to hv our dreams come true.. FET is less stressful & much more comfy, so go for it bravely.. We all hv come so far, m sure we hv the courage to move on..

Whilst I m saying all tis, I m oso motivating myself, for I m planning to go thru another fresh in mar.. Let's fight on, sistas, & jiayou!!

Hi, ladies, can I ask if anyone has done endo scratch with Dr Tan HH before or any of the kkh ivf docs?

& has anyone used EmbryoGen with kkh before?

anyone can recommend what vitamin should eat beside folic acid??

I am seeing Dr Zou Next week again to get medicine. She tell me see her 2 month can lehz.

I am going to start a fresh cycle in Early march. First cycled failed :)

Not sure abt others but I'm taking royal jelly, conceive well, coq10 and iron tablets

Do u mean Dr zou told u u only need to see her for 2 months that's all?

Hi mrs tann,
Means all 1st and 2nd FE ones didn't make it too (jus no implementation)? This 3rd time is ur fresh or frozen one? Sorry for asking so many questions. Dr told me FE only has 20% chance, even lower than fresh ones. Sianz. ..
Hasn't been sleeping well lately.

u really a lot of questions. haha. who is yr doc? why say such things? to me both has equal chances.

Like to ask those who temp.
Is BBT is reliable (to track O) for subsequent cycles after failed ivf?

My bbt pre-O is around 36.0 & after-O is around 36.4. My sinseh always say my bbt too low, IVF sure fail. Anyone ever bfp-ed with low bbt?

Back