(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

I went to my first appt yesterday too.. Able to hear my bb heartbeat at my week 6. But dr say my water bag level is high thn normal.. Given me 1 week hospitalized leave... Is that normal?

It is a roller coaster ride for me too, brown discharge, clots, morning sickness, bloatfullness and taken so many unpaid leaves affecting my work performances and financial as I am still on probation. It is indeed a very difficult pregnancy :( :( but glad to hear from like minded mummies.
My tummy look very bloated too but I don't think is the baby bump but bloatfullness in the stomach, keep burping non stop, feeling nausea all the time.

my first gynae apptm is due in jan. im just wondering when can we start on pre natal vits now or must wait until later?

Hello mummies, just a small note of encouragement :) my first trimester was treacherous with constant MS, vomiting, spotting, dehydration and was on drip and bed rest most of the time. I was given hospitalisation leave and stayed at home, feeling depressed all day. But pls stay strong cos usually the stronger ur symptoms are (MS for example), it means ur baby is growing well (gynae advised). Now im at week 17 and feeling more human. So jiayou! This is my #1 and i am still under my pre pregnancy weight..

So glad to see more mommies here :)

Had a bad scare over the week, Mon suddenly heavy bleeding and drop out a fetus lookalike into the toilet bowl.. went A&E, gynae came, scan and see only 1 sac left so declare I m/c my twin. Admitted hosp and monitor the surviving twin.. slowly accepting the fact that I am left with singleton. Yest went gynae weekly checkup, scan and saw my twins again!! Both growing well :) Gynae said Mt A hosp a&e machine old, haha so prolly either I was having triplets and drop 1 OR it is simply a big blood clot. Phew! Emo roller coaster ride over the week, so tired..

My #1 is also a dragon girl heehee, all the mommies here, lets Jia You together and countdown to the end of first tri ya

Adv Happy 2015 to you all :)
What a drama! Glad that u "recovered" back ur twins, all the best & rest well k?

Hi all August Mummies-to-be, im a new member and I felt more relief after reading about morning sickness and stuff...

@bellbell09 I went to Dr Adrain Woodworth too and he was really fast. I read up abit abt him so before i go, what i did was to jot down all questions in a notebook for him to answer which imo he shld be used to it. Gotta queue despite appt was made and consultation was less than 5 mins? This is our first preg so my Hubby was kinda expecting the Dr will allocate more time n give us more talk.

Will u go back to him? was still considering to go back to him or not because he is really vvv fast. I have been reading and seems tat there are other Dr that is v experienced and recommended but my sis went to him so was thinking to go to a Dr that someone i knew went to.

@_janizehl usual consultation at $80, scan at $80 subject gst. He has a package at $688 (include gst).

Hi all August Mummies-to-be, im a new member and I felt more relief after reading about morning sickness and stuff...

@bellbell09 I went to Dr Adrain Woodworth too and he was really fast. I read up abit abt him so before i go, what i did was to jot down all questions in a notebook for him to answer which imo he shld be used to it. Gotta queue despite appt was made and consultation was less than 5 mins? This is our first preg so my Hubby was kinda expecting the Dr will allocate more time n give us more talk.

Will u go back to him? was still considering to go back to him or not because he is really vvv fast. I have been reading and seems tat there are other Dr that is v experienced and recommended but my sis went to him so was thinking to go to a Dr that someone i knew went to.

@_janizehl usual consultation at $80, scan at $80 subject gst. He has a package at $688 (include gst).

Pardon me, this is just my humble personal views, before my #1, I had 3 m/c and was with dr Adrain Woodsworth, I feel he is a nice Gynae but not attentive enuf, always rushing thru the appt and if he had bother to check my progesterone level from start and discovered it low, maybe I won't had m/c. When I pregnant 4th time with my #1, I change my Gynae and he check my level low and gave me jab alternate days to maintain the pregnancy. Meaning if yours from start is a normal and healthy pregnancy, dr Adrain Woodsworth is a not bad Gynae cos he is very affordable also but otherwise better to switch. My sil had 3 kids using dr Adrian too.

Dear mummies, I broke out in hives after Christmas and it's itching like crazy. Would anyone have similar experience or know of safe and effective antihistamines that I could take? My Gp could only give me chlorpheniramine. And I don't know what I'm allergic too..

Dear mummies, I broke out in hives after Christmas and it's itching like crazy. Would anyone have similar experience or know of safe and effective antihistamines that I could take? My Gp could only give me chlorpheniramine. And I don't know what I'm allergic too..

I have history of hives too and during pregnancy I took chlorpheniramine too, it works fine and if you using essential oil can try peppermint, lavender, basil or frankincense. Dont shower in hot water, keep your body cool. Hope you recover soon, I know its very irritating living on us. Hugz

I have history of hives too and during pregnancy I took chlorpheniramine too, it works fine and if you using essential oil can try peppermint, lavender, basil or frankincense. Dont shower in hot water, keep your body cool. Hope you recover soon, I know its very irritating living on us. Hugz

Thanks cj_junior_80. I have peppermint and lavender on hand.. Will try it. I hope the hives subsides soon.

Hi beautiful moms and mom - to - be. I'm 9 weeks pregnant and going to see Dr Heng at Parkway East Hospital. Any reviews with her? My EDD early August. ...

hi queenbee24,
i have just booked my first appt with dr heng too. i heard that she is a accurate. my sis engaged her too. but she say she can be very rushy. dun expect her to say alot of things. must always prepare questions to ask her.

@cj_junior_80 can sense ur confidence level with ur 2nd Gynae and glad that all went well for ur #1... Dr Adrain din mentioned anything abt progesterone during my 1st visit. Y so many Dr seems to rush thru our appt :( we need assurance.

Can u tell me who is ur Gynae? I read n quite alot mentioned Dr Benjamin Tham.

Hi ladies! It's my first pregnancy and we are so excited! Planned on visiting the doctor during the 8th week but then I started spotting on 5 weeks + 5 days so we went down quickly. We could see the gestational sac but there was no signs of the heart beat. The doctor says it might be a little early, and started me on progesterone, but it's all rather disheartening. We are going for another scan in a weeks' time, hopefully we have better news to report then! I hardly have any symptoms of pregnancy, apart from sore breasts, occasional lower abdominal cramps and the very occasional nausea (which may even be purely psychological!) Wish us luck.

@ConyBear I am visiting another gynae next week instead. Dr Adrian too hasty I feel, even when it was my #1 and no experience, he talked like machine gun. I dont feel comfortable.

It is normal to feel very cold all the time? Even though dec is slightly colder...
I'm so afraid of cold that most of the time after I come of Bath I'm shivering badly... forgot to ask my gynae the last time round... hv to wait another 2 weeks before I see her again...
Just wondering...

It is normal to feel very cold all the time? Even though dec is slightly colder...
I'm so afraid of cold that most of the time after I come of Bath I'm shivering badly... forgot to ask my gynae the last time round... hv to wait another 2 weeks before I see her again...
Just wondering...
I feel easily colder than usual. My sis said it happened to her sis in law during her first trimester. So I guess it does happen.

Just wondering, any mummies started to think of what to wear for cny?

For my #1, I used clarins oil as stretch mark cream. Will use it again this time.

I feel colder than usual too. Don't remember to be like this in my last pregnancy. When I had #1, I felt more like a human heat generator.

For CNY, I probably will be wearing a maxi dress. We can reveal our pregnancy to friends and relatives by then right?

eating every 2 hr helps? last pregnancy i din eat anything also vomit out water... hmm..

heard probably later part of tri 1.

It helped a little for me! Also eating really slowly helps, had read these advice on a preg app, so I tried it out...maybe different for different people? E.g My sil could not stand plain water for her first one...

By cny we can reveal already. We will have to skip eating yusheng this cny. :(

Any mummy started prepping the older kid? My boy is 26 months and I did tell him. He also pretends to be pregnant. It is so hilarious! These are the moments that makes life so wonderful!

Slchua, your boy is so cute. My gynae told me not to tell my daughter yet if not she will tell the whole world, which is very true! I may bring her to my next gynae appointment but she will know by then. Still undecided if I should tell her after my 1st trimester.

Haha yah. It still tickles me whenever he refers to baby in his stomach.
I told him so that he will not bang into me or lie on my stomach and sometimes when I don't feel well I will tell him so that he lets daddy take care of him instead. So far it seems to be working.

Hi Ladies, nice meeting everyone.

I am having my first one too, am very happy and glad to know of the news. Am currently about 7 weeks.
I have asked my gynae before and she said that feeling cold during 1st trimester is normal, we will become hot in the 3rd trimester.
I am also feeling nausea, especially in the mornings shortly after waking up and before eating. Has lost quite abit of interest in food at the moment.

I am also wondering about what to wear for cny. Though we can reveal the news by then, am still abit paiseh if tummy becomes too big and everyone starts to say, aiyo, why so big, so small blah blah.

@cj_junior_80 can sense ur confidence level with ur 2nd Gynae and glad that all went well for ur #1... Dr Adrain din mentioned anything abt progesterone during my 1st visit. Y so many Dr seems to rush thru our appt :( we need assurance.

Can u tell me who is ur Gynae? I read n quite alot mentioned Dr Benjamin Tham.

Mine is Dr Fong Yang. Not trying to recommend him haha yup I heard alot good reviews abt Dr Ben Tham too. :)

Hi ladies! It's my first pregnancy and we are so excited! Planned on visiting the doctor during the 8th week but then I started spotting on 5 weeks + 5 days so we went down quickly. We could see the gestational sac but there was no signs of the heart beat. The doctor says it might be a little early, and started me on progesterone, but it's all rather disheartening. We are going for another scan in a weeks' time, hopefully we have better news to report then! I hardly have any symptoms of pregnancy, apart from sore breasts, occasional lower abdominal cramps and the very occasional nausea (which may even be purely psychological!) Wish us luck.

Dont worry! 5week+ really might be early to see heartbeat de. My #1 I saw heartbeat only at 6week5days alth current ones I see at 5week+. If you wanna feel more assured can visit your gynae next week instead of 2 weeks later de haha. For both my pregnancy, first trimester I choose to visit gynae weekly for scan. Self assurance even tho cost me more but I feel happier knowing I only need to wait 1 week instead of 2 LOL FYI I dont have much pregnancy symptoms too even tho I am carrying twins. Good luck ya

For my #1, I used clarins oil stretch mark cream too. Also started using after I passed first tri but now tummy alrdy started showing so thinking to start using soon. I have heard some pple body tend to get stretch marks even if you use faithfully daily whereas others dont even use and no marks at all. Zzzz so really heng sway kind haha

I am super looking forward to CNY cos that is the time we all pass first trimester heehee safe zone! Hope in our 2nd or 3rd tri we can organise a gathering to know one another more :)

I think the tendency to have stretch marks is hereditary. If your mum doesn't have stretch marks, chances are you will not have too.

Mine is Dr Fong Yang. Not trying to recommend him haha yup I heard alot good reviews abt Dr Ben Tham too. :)

Im abit frickle minded now... becos i saw Dr CK Tho. His clinic is at West side n he is prof in natural birth, good reviews too! Anyone here heard of him?

Im also v looking forward to Feb, safe zone n also dun hav to worry. i felt abit insecure at first but joining this forum makes me happier after reading n sharing :D so i guess after Feb we will all b happier!

I am also counting down to the end of the first trimester. Hopefully everything will be safe and sound for all of us.

please dont employ a confinement lady by the name of AH CHOO. She is absolutely horrible. first day arrive she pass us the receipts of her taxi ride from custom woodlands to my place. She is from MELAKA. Anyway thats fine.

She told me she only given 21 days pass to be in Singapore.! so i ask her how? She ask us to apply work permit which would be another $200+. on top of S$2800.

She is not a big fan of Breastfeeding too. When i started breastfeeding with difficulty, it doesnt help her being there encouraging to bottled feed!

She nearly cut the unbilical cord off with a scissors and her reply was 'always its done like that'. Luckily we consulted our mother and advised us NEVER to cut off the remaining thread of umbilical cord. Let it drop off! Because once its infected after you cut , baby might get very sick!

She doesnt clean and wash for baby bottles. She uses tap water to rinse it off remaining milk and we later found out about.

Please Please dont contact or employ her.
+60 16 359 8443. You might regret it.

I told my daughter shes going to be jie jie cos mummy is pregnant with baby. Immediately she told me shes pregnant too and even name her baby gal already....Faint!

By cny we can reveal already. We will have to skip eating yusheng this cny. :(

Any mummy started prepping the older kid? My boy is 26 months and I did tell him. He also pretends to be pregnant. It is so hilarious! These are the moments that makes life so wonderful!
Morning sweetie :) I still eat sashimi, keep carving for salmon but eat 1-2pcs.
Now into 11 weeks and MS is strong and on going. .. :( but tummy is less bloated now and less significant.
Baggy clothes work for me, I wear loose top and jumper, my friends can't tell I am preggy. .. heehee

Morning sweetie :) I still eat sashimi, keep carving for salmon but eat 1-2pcs.
Now into 11 weeks and MS is strong and on going. .. :( but tummy is less bloated now and less significant.
Baggy clothes work for me, I wear loose top and jumper, my friends can't tell I am preggy. .. heehee
11 weeks! Congrats! Moving soon into second tri. Envy!
I heard a friend mentioned can still eat sashimi provided it is fresh. I think at jap restaurants still ok but for yusheng sometimes when we eat it at home we may leave the fish out too long so to be safe I will skip it. Maybe eat the crackers only cos they are "gold" heehee.

any mums / mums to be have high cholesterol ? i was on meds but was asked to stop and am not sure what complications to me if i go off the meds during this period.

any mums / mums to be have high cholesterol ? i was on meds but was asked to stop and am not sure what complications to me if i go off the meds during this period.
i think you have to consult both your gynae and ur cholestrol consultant. i have sle and on long term medication. now i still have to continue my med but at lower dosage.

Hello Mummies,

I'm new to forums and 1st time mum at late 30s.
Hoping to get some advice or recommendations from experienced mummies here.

I went to see a random gynae last week and confirmed 6-7weeks pregnant plus there's a heartbeat! Yeay!! Tears of joy flowed and all... but the gynae was cold, gave not interested kind of replies and the clinic assistants rushing me to come in 2 wks time.
Ok.. now its time to look for another gynae..
PEH is my choice for now but still not sure which gynea.. any recommendations?

Frankly I'm quite lost here... what should I ask during the first visit?
How often should I visit the gynae?
Is it a must to scan baby at every visit?

I'm an emotional wreck now.. I cry over a slightest thing! When will this stop? Anybody experience this before?

Back