(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@starrymommy, yup at the moment I think stay in sg first. I am planning to bring over my mom to help me to look after the baby when I am start to work for at least baby 6 months old. So at least I still can breastfeed my baby. After that, I might bring my baby to my hometown there and got more sisters there to help me to look after my baby at least after my baby big enough to be send to child care. I am not really keen to sent my baby to infant care or leave baby at home with nanny alone. Really dunno how I will missed my baby later on..... :(

place baby in childcare in Malaysia, you mean? good thing you have support from your family! that's the most important part. and glad that your mum can help out. nothing beats having own mother to help you take care of your little one. :) don't worry, things will definitely work out for you.

place baby in childcare in Malaysia, you mean? good thing you have support from your family! that's the most important part. and glad that your mum can help out. nothing beats having own mother to help you take care of your little one. :) don't worry, things will definitely work out for you.

Yup, own family taking care of ur lil one is the best and safest!! Infant care in sg is so scarily ex if u dun entitle to the subsidies... Must start to plan for education, and importantly work-life balance.... Dont worry so much of ur baby if ur mum is helping out :)) i also tot i will miss my kid when i at work, but just browsing thru pictures and faster work to pass the time to go home jus makes like worthwhile..no money also cannot...sigh!!! Jiayou!

thanks @starrymommy and @furbee. I am thankful that at least my mom and sisters also do not mind to look after my baby. Somehow my sister joke with me that my baby will call my sister "mommy" then called me "xiao yi"..... sob sob .... :( But with today's technology I'll asked my sister to facetime / skype me everynight so I can see my baby liao. lols....

actually, on a positive note, you can focus on resting well and producing better quality breastmilk while your mum looks after your baby. when I returned to work after the 4 months maternity leave, I had a hard time adjusting, balancing work and time at home plus pumping milk. in the end, I gave up pumping at work within a month. really no motivation. 'cos had to latch baby and change diapers at night, think easily 2x per night. it was exhausting!

I also bought maternity clothes at asos 50% sale. Can't wear the normal clothes like when #1 time. Can't wait to receive my loot!

Hey, I bought the tommee tippee bundle at $134. Comes with a bunch of stuff! Pretty good deal. You can take a look a the mothercaree babyfair site to compare the items in the bundle before buying. :)

I also bought the tommee tippee bundle from mothercare. Seems quite good deal :D

@mylilsheep seems like we hav some common things to share. I'm a PR too but my hubby is Singaporean. Actually getting the gift is just a bonus. You are so lucky that your mum can come over to take care your baby. But my mum can't really walk. So I still need to carry my baby bck to M'sia to visit my mum aft my baby is out. Dr. Wee also gav me the same advice, don't eat too much during this festive season, but I totally can't control myself. I had 2 xmas buffet for the past 1 week. And I'm gaining 1kg per month. I can't imagine how much more I'll gain in total when reaching 3rd tri. Haha!

@mylilsheep seems like we hav some common things to share. I'm a PR too but my hubby is Singaporean. Actually getting the gift is just a bonus. You are so lucky that your mum can come over to take care your baby. But my mum can't really walk. So I still need to carry my baby bck to M'sia to visit my mum aft my baby is out. Dr. Wee also gav me the same advice, don't eat too much during this festive season, but I totally can't control myself. I had 2 xmas buffet for the past 1 week. And I'm gaining 1kg per month. I can't imagine how much more I'll gain in total when reaching 3rd tri. Haha!
If your child is singaporean then he will get the gift. The 16 weeks maternity now applies to all including pr as long as child is singaporean

@momocrv Thanks for the info. So far I only know I'm entitle for the 16weeks maternity leaves. The SG50 gift is really not my concern. For me the gift is jst a bonus. The most important thing is baby grow healthy :)
Yes of course. Health is more important than any material things :)
Which part of malaysia you are from?

I grew up in Malaysia too! From Batu Pahat. Mum Brough me over when I was like 5?? Been in SG ever since. But I do go back to visit my relatives once a year. And coincidentally, I met my hubby in SG and it turns out that my mil was my mum's long lost neighbour back in the hometown! Talk about "fate" lor.. and I was thinking then, wow finally no need to travel all over Malaysia for CNY once I get married. End up still have to. Every year we will pack the young and old and go Segamat. Hahaa!!

Haha, so coincidently we met our hubby here. My sister is in KL, sometime I'll go to visit her n my nieces n nephew.
@starrymommy some of my friends told me don't buy baby stuffs too early. Have u heard such pantang b4??? I'll see see look look 1st. Mayb will buy few baby cloths during this yr end sales

@Doraemon_mummy, you are luckier than I am. Coz you still will be entitled for 16 weeks maternity leave and even SG50 gifts.

I am PR and my hubby is not even a Singaporean. So we can say both of us are foreigner here. I came from Indonesia and all my parents and relatives is not in Singapore too. There are no one in here that we can really asked for help to look after the baby. Although my mum can come over here to help me for few months, but actually I could not really rely on her too much. She is almost 70 years old and can not walk too much. But I think she is still ok to help me look after the baby, especially new born baby only can sleep and drink milk, so not much activity. My plan is to bring my baby back to my hometown at least after he is 6 months old, then asked my sisters to help me to take care my baby especially when baby start to crawling, etc. I do not know how I would I feel to leave my baby later on. But I really do not have any other option. Somehow, I really have no idea how to raise this baby on my own. Think it later bah.......

1kg weight gain per month is not much leh......I think I have gained for about 2 kg from 16 weeks to 20 weeks. lols......

Haha, so coincidently we met our hubby here. My sister is in KL, sometime I'll go to visit her n my nieces n nephew.
@starrymommy some of my friends told me don't buy baby stuffs too early. Have u heard such pantang b4??? I'll see see look look 1st. Mayb will buy few baby cloths during this yr end sales

Yes heard before. But I am generally not a pantang person and believe more in snapping up a good deal when I see one. ;) If only buy in 3rd trimester, I will be very busy and tired. So would rather slowly buy over the course of 9 months.

I finally had time today to make pure chicken essence with the slices of pao shen my mil gave me. used black chicken bought from supermarket this morning. so sweet and thick! :D

View attachment 453657
i bought some pau shen too u know how many bowl of water we should boil? no clue how to cook .. lol ... can share recipes? anyway i am Edd april but my group no active.haahah

Starrymommy and furbee,
Thanks for sharing. Appreciate it.
Girls are closer to parents and love parents more when they grown up. Boys will love their MIL more. This is what I saw in many families.

Mylilsheep,
Me too born in Indonesia, came here 15 years ago. But I am already a citizen here coz educated here work here also married a Singaporean who was my Uni classmate.
I am also planning to leave the baby to my mum /nanny in Indo after 4 mths maternity leaves coz I work full time n study master part time now sure won't have time to take care of the baby. As for my MIL, she has chronic sickness sure won't take care of my baby.

Hi, please add me in the fb [email protected]

Thanks!

Btw any mummies feeling pain at the heels after short walk?

Any recommendation on comforty shoes? Are melissa shoes good for preggy with leg swelling symptoms?

Mind sharing with me? My first preggy is ok with pazzion shoes but nw it doesnt work for me anymore. Diff preggy indeed has diff symptoms.. =(

Last edited:
Hi, please add me in the fb [email protected]

Thanks!

Btw any mummies feeling pain at the heels after short walk?

Any recommendation on comforty shoes? Are melissa shoes good for preggy with leg swelling symptoms?

Mind sharing with me? My first preggy is ok with pazzion shoes but nw it doesnt work for me anymore. Diff preggy indeed has diff symptoms.. =(

Yes at times though.. I am wearing the Melissa shoes most of the times because of the rainy weather and have a good friction.

Also been wearing pazzion but not too comfortable for me. Hehehee..

Have you tried rockport or clarks?

Thanks...

Did my detailed scan on 26 Dec.. Confirmed its a girl! Everything is well and good and sense of relief. Baby is not too cooperative and did for 1 hour scan... Back facing us most of the time! :)

Did my detailed scan on 26 Dec.. Confirmed its a girl! Everything is well and good and sense of relief. Baby is not too cooperative and did for 1 hour scan... Back facing us most of the time! :)
Yes at times though.. I am wearing the Melissa shoes most of the times because of the rainy weather and have a good friction.

Also been wearing pazzion but not too comfortable for me. Hehehee..

Have you tried rockport or clarks?

Thanks...

Congrats on the gender!! Mine is a ger too!

Rockport n clarks comforty? I go try nx time. I did search many recommend crocs. Just went to get 1 try. Melissa shoes i heard are comforty.. if too swelling will it goes out of shape.

Pardon me. Preg mummy still so choosy.. =×

Well at least its rubberise so it will just go with the shape.. Hehehe.. Rockport suppose to have the arch support and for Clarks it's mainly for wide feet mummies when it swells.

Don't really like Crocs cause I worry might stuck on escalator!

So far i been using my jelly flats never give much of problem only once when it was raining den almost slipped.. Think with a big belly and if have to walk alot quite difficult to get suitable shoes... For me i dun have swollen feet cos i walk alot alot, so consider lucky..
Ya i agree crocs abit dangerous when on escalator too!!!

Belated merry Xmas to all mtbs here!

I just returned back from a getaway and has been coughing real badly past few days. Haiz. I am worried it will affect baby.just went to see the doctor today again... Haiz.

Any remedy for speedy cough recovery, anyone?

What's the average weight gain for mummies to be in 2nd and 3rd trimester? MY weight gain isn't prominent still.=(
How much weight gained so far you get from your pre-pregnancy phase? I have gained for about 4 kg from my pre-pregnancy phase. But these 4 kg was gained from week 16, I did not really gained during my first tri. So about 2 kg in a month time. Quite fast..... :p

what happened? me too, cannot sleep well these two days. Baby kicked so hard in the middle of the night. Dunno why he is so active when I am trying to sleep.

I just couldnt sleep.. dun think mine kickinh ytd.. i just keep tosing around. Puke quite bad this morning too. Is it true when we wake up in e morning should straight away eat something?

How much weight gained so far you get from your pre-pregnancy phase? I have gained for about 4 kg from my pre-pregnancy phase. But these 4 kg was gained from week 16, I did not really gained during my first tri. So about 2 kg in a month time. Quite fast..... :p

Hehe i also started to gain weight from week16-17. Total of 2kg so far. But i am hungry all the time...

Hello all, i need some advice desperately.

Is it ok for mummies to be to attend funerals? My relatives (2 to be exact) passed away last night :(

It's saddening for me and my mum said it's ok for me to go as long as it's at night and own people (own relatives funeral).

I just couldnt sleep.. dun think mine kickinh ytd.. i just keep tosing around. Puke quite bad this morning too. Is it true when we wake up in e morning should straight away eat something?
That must be your pregnancy hormones then.

I do not really eat something when I wake up. Normally just drink a glass of water then go to office and eat at coffeshop near office.

Hello all, i need some advice desperately.

Is it ok for mummies to be to attend funerals? My relatives (2 to be exact) passed away last night :(

It's saddening for me and my mum said it's ok for me to go as long as it's at night and own people (own relatives funeral).

@BubsandBloms, I am so sorry to hear that. Are you closed with your relatives? I think it is depends on you, if you believe or worried, then better not go. If I were you, I do not think that I will go for that funeral.

But my sister attend my grandma funeral when she was about 4-5 weeks pregnant. At that time she did not know that she was pregnant, so she even stay at the wake from morning till night, attending my grandma funeral. She had delivered her baby smoothly anyway.

what happened? me too, cannot sleep well these two days. Baby kicked so hard in the middle of the night. Dunno why he is so active when I am trying to sleep.

There was a point in time during my second tri for #1 when I oso could not sleep till 1-2am at least. Tink pregnancy hormones wrecking havoc? And #1 was very active at nite when I was trying to rest… end up she was really a nite owl as a newborn! Refuse to sleep at nite and naps in daytime lol.

Maybe your bb preparing you hehe

There was a point in time during my second tri for #1 when I oso could not sleep till 1-2am at least. Tink pregnancy hormones wrecking havoc? And #1 was very active at nite when I was trying to rest… end up she was really a nite owl as a newborn! Refuse to sleep at nite and naps in daytime lol.

Maybe your bb preparing you hehe
:eek: ha really??? I will try to talk to baby to get sleep at night then.

Back