IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Hi ladies,
Anyone know if Dr Tan is on leave?? I want to speak to him but the nurses refuse to let me speak to him.

I went to see him the last appt and give duphaston & letzorele and im spotting even though im on duphaston:confused::confused:
i dont knw what to do... :oops::oops:

Hi did u ask nurse to help check with him and reply u back?

Hi jumbo girl,
I did.. she just ask me to finish the duphaston and my menses will come then start letzorele.. but from the moment (11/12) i start a few days later it started to spot which the doc told me that on duphaston wont spot de. I told the nurse that and the nurse just say " u just finish your duphaston yr menses will come!! sound abit impatient. :(
Then ytd is my last day of duphaston and found v v tiny bloodclots so i though today will come but it become spotting again!
I dont feel very good the last whole week, felt v bloated and on-off cramps. See how haywired is my period..:(:(:(
I dont even knw what to do now..

Hi jumbo girl,
I did.. she just ask me to finish the duphaston and my menses will come then start letzorele.. but from the moment (11/12) i start a few days later it started to spot which the doc told me that on duphaston wont spot de. I told the nurse that and the nurse just say " u just finish your duphaston yr menses will come!! sound abit impatient. :(
Then ytd is my last day of duphaston and found v v tiny bloodclots so i though today will come but it become spotting again!
I dont feel very good the last whole week, felt v bloated and on-off cramps. See how haywired is my period..:(:(:(
I dont even knw what to do now..

You called kkivf? Maybe u try calling and speak with Dr tan nurse instead of general nurse.

Previously I was on duphaston n my AF came earlier than expected and dr said even menses come still need to complete the course. Sorry I can't be of much help. Try call again n maybe another nurse will be more helpful.

Hi jumbo girl,

Thanks for helping me out... The doctor didnt mention that but do u need to take clomid or letzorele after the duphaston??

Hi jumbo girl,

Thanks for helping me out... The doctor didnt mention that but do u need to take clomid or letzorele after the duphaston??

No I was not on clomid n letzotele. I can't really remember what was it about but I just know have to complete the med. Have u tried calling again? Get dr tan asst instead of other nurses.

Hi ladies,

I will be having my 1st consultation with Dr Tan Heng Hao KKIVF next week. I am prepared to do ivf with him. I am so gan jiong as I have lots of uncertainties in IVF.

Anyone here can share the experience and advise on ivf? How long does the whole ivf process take? Is there any pain on injections, ER and ET? I am sooooo lost! :(

Hi ladies,

I will be having my 1st consultation with Dr Tan Heng Hao KKIVF next week. I am prepared to do ivf with him. I am so gan jiong as I have lots of uncertainties in IVF.

Anyone here can share the experience and advise on ivf? How long does the whole ivf process take? Is there any pain on injections, ER and ET? I am sooooo lost! :(

Doc tan will see ur condition de. He will go through ur test report if u have done any n see ur case is suitable for IUI or ivf

Hi @syrian I'm starting my cycle this month too. Now waiting for menses to arrive. Heard that Dr Tan is away this week.

How many jabs are you taking now? Can share how we collect jabs when we call to inform kkh that menses arrive? Did Dr Tan prescribe any growth jabs?

Anyone already delivered with Tan HH? Experience good?
Hi

He delivered my son in aug 14. Overall experience very good, he is very confident, reassuring, and always make me laugh during my visits. Always share his interesting and sensible opinions. I must say he is so familiar with my character and always says the right things to me.

Anyone gonna start ivf cycle this mth? I just finished my last dose of medicine to induce menses. Gonna start FET once menses come...

Hi ladies, may i know the diff between short and long cycle? Its been long time ago that i cycled, im hv an appt to see Dr Tan this March, the last year when i visit him, he did mentioned that he will probably put me on short cycle. But then the last time i BFPed on a long cycle, however i did had a bad case of ohss, i guess thats y he prolly wanna me on short cycle.

So nervous that gonna start a fresh cycle..

Good luck meiling for ur cycle soon!

Hi ladies, may i know the diff between short and long cycle? Its been long time ago that i cycled, im hv an appt to see Dr Tan this March, the last year when i visit him, he did mentioned that he will probably put me on short cycle. But then the last time i BFPed on a long cycle, however i did had a bad case of ohss, i guess thats y he prolly wanna me on short cycle.

Short cycle the jabs given are shorter period n long cycle the jabs given are longer period

Thanks @SueAnna18! My menses just came this morning and now waiting for full flow...

Good luck to you too! Stay positive! =)

Hi, I am with Dr THH and had a miscarriage and D&C in Dec. What do they do at the 5-weeks review after the D&C? Do they scan for perforations or scarring? My menses cycle has not returned and I don't want to go back for a consultation ($100) just to answer questions and schedule the next FET.

Hi, I am with Dr THH and had a miscarriage and D&C in Dec. What do they do at the 5-weeks review after the D&C? Do they scan for perforations or scarring? My menses cycle has not returned and I don't want to go back for a consultation ($100) just to answer questions and schedule the next FET.

Hi, I also have a miscarriage and did a D&C in Dec. Duno what to expect but i guess it's to check that D&C is complete and that AF has reported. My AF just reported this morning and will be seeing THH on 4 Feb. When's your review? I can update you if my appointment is earlier than yours though.

Went thru same thing in May last yr.
the 5 wk check up is for him to check on you. He will do a scan to check that ur lining is thin.

If u want to check for scarring u need him to request for a saline sonography. I did it to be sure there is no scarring. It is about $200.

Stay strong k! U will have ur rainbow baby!

Hi, just started my 1st IVF cycle with Dr Tan yesterday. I am on short cycle and was scheduled for 2nd scan on coming Monday. I also plan to see Dr Chen Fang from Thomson Chinese Medicine next Monday for acupuncture treatment. Informed my colleague and HR today that I might be away for 2 weeks or so and I am glad that they are quite supportive. Hopefully everything goes smooth sailing.. :)

Hi ladies.. just finish seeing Dr Tan HH .. guess he really bz... he have a C sec operation later... just saw him and guess what.. my AMH drop from 2.4 to 0.7.. totally depressing.. so now is taking medicine and start my road of IVF again... really depressing..

Hi ladies.. just finish seeing Dr Tan HH .. guess he really bz... he have a C sec operation later... just saw him and guess what.. my AMH drop from 2.4 to 0.7.. totally depressing.. so now is taking medicine and start my road of IVF again... really depressing..
Thats a huge drop. When did u last did the test?

Hugs..Did doc suggest how to improve amh?

Did dr tan advise how come there is a drastic drop?

He suggest me to eat DHEA n proceed with ivf.. as for drastic drop, he is quite surprise but cannt idenify y the drop.
After taking do much tcm but no improvment n got worse.. no words to say

Went thru same thing in May last yr.
the 5 wk check up is for him to check on you. He will do a scan to check that ur lining is thin.

If u want to check for scarring u need him to request for a saline sonography. I did it to be sure there is no scarring. It is about $200.

Stay strong k! U will have ur rainbow baby!

Thanks @hi_mei. I noticed that you've been a source of support for many of the ladies here, despite going through the emo roller coaster of IVF and m/c yourself. You are strong.

Hi, I also have a miscarriage and did a D&C in Dec. Duno what to expect but i guess it's to check that D&C is complete and that AF has reported. My AF just reported this morning and will be seeing THH on 4 Feb. When's your review? I can update you if my appointment is earlier than yours though.
Thanks @shiro_ger. Good that your AF is back and your body should start regulating itself again. What's your plan for trying again?
My appt is this Fri and AF is not back after 5+ weeks. I've read that its normal. Hearing the other ladies' advice, I'll go for the review and plan for next FET perhaps in Mar/Apr.

He suggest me to eat DHEA n proceed with ivf.. as for drastic drop, he is quite surprise but cannt idenify y the drop.
After taking do much tcm but no improvment n got worse.. no words to say
Mine is 2.3 tested in last nov so im worry too after hearing urs...

But dun be too upset..im sure DHEA will help u...jia you!!!

ah not sure if can get fr pharmacy cos I heard pple say cant get fr pharmacy. I bot fr a herb online and there is only 1 brand.. so far a few sisters is using the same. its a purple bottle. its called natrol 25mg. shld be all abt the same bah dont think got any good or no good type. probably dosage and no of tablets difference. I hv abt 170 pills left. to take 1 a day.

ah not sure if can get fr pharmacy cos I heard pple say cant get fr pharmacy. I bot fr a herb online and there is only 1 brand.. so far a few sisters is using the same. its a purple bottle. its called natrol 25mg. shld be all abt the same bah dont think got any good or no good type. probably dosage and no of tablets difference. I hv abt 170 pills left. to take 1 a day.
Oic...thanks for ur great advice..:)

Mine is 2.3 tested in last nov so im worry too after hearing urs...

But dun be too upset..im sure DHEA will help u...jia you!!!
Hi jas, dont worry. my results is like 2 - 3 years apart liao.. so bo bian..

After a small cry ytd and with hubby positive attitude, i have got over it and start my journey bravely. Although with so many hurdles ahead, i hope i have a chance to have my own beanie.

Dr Tan prescribe me with 1 capsule 2 times a day. Issit abit low??

Thanks @shiro_ger. Good that your AF is back and your body should start regulating itself again. What's your plan for trying again?
My appt is this Fri and AF is not back after 5+ weeks. I've read that its normal. Hearing the other ladies' advice, I'll go for the review and plan for next FET perhaps in Mar/Apr.

@bunnymuimui, i told Dr THH that i wanted to go for another round of fresh in May/Jun though he said i can probably start in Mar. But it seems that the waiting time is till Apr already. Hope to start the next cycle asap coz may not have energy to take the jabs and run after my son during tww ( am getting older).

Hi jas, dont worry. my results is like 2 - 3 years apart liao.. so bo bian..

After a small cry ytd and with hubby positive attitude, i have got over it and start my journey bravely. Although with so many hurdles ahead, i hope i have a chance to have my own beanie.

Dr Tan prescribe me with 1 capsule 2 times a day. Issit abit low??
Thanks wondersss...:) I oso thinking to start taking DHEA...

U take care!!! :)

@bunnymuimui, i told Dr THH that i wanted to go for another round of fresh in May/Jun though he said i can probably start in Mar. But it seems that the waiting time is till Apr already. Hope to start the next cycle asap coz may not have energy to take the jabs and run after my son during tww ( am getting older).
Which means I have till Apr to convince my husband... Having gone through so many failed attempts, he wants me to stop pursuing a second child. He's not getting younger and he enjoys our lifestyle now. I had the miscarriage during a very stressful work phase. So he laments that I should quit my stressful work if I am serious about getting pregnant. My only child is 4 yo (also thru IVF) and he says no point to have a sibling that is so much older. What do you think?

Which means I have till Apr to convince my husband... Having gone through so many failed attempts, he wants me to stop pursuing a second child. He's not getting younger and he enjoys our lifestyle now. I had the miscarriage during a very stressful work phase. So he laments that I should quit my stressful work if I am serious about getting pregnant. My only child is 4 yo (also thru IVF) and he says no point to have a sibling that is so much older. What do you think?

If u think u are stress up bcoz of ur work u can n quit n rest for a few mths n try to conceive. 4 yrs age gap is not very big. I've niece their age gap is 4 yrs old. N I got frien who just get pregnant n her older daughter now is 10yrs old. But best is not to drag too long.

I agree with snow19. If the nature of your work is highly stressful, maybe take no pay leave for a month and really rest when u r cycling? And if you are successful in your next cycle, the age gap is prob 5+years, i think still ok as long as the bond between the siblings is strong. Somemore will have gor gor or jie jie as companion. But then again, it's important that your hubby and you are on the same page on this issue coz you will need lotsa support during this period.

My child is turning 2 soon. Hoping for a second one so that he won't be left all alone if something happens to my hubby and myself. Initially my hubby wanted to stop at 1 coz he doesn't want me to go through the pain from injection. But later i managed to convince him so what here i am again. I think your hubby probably 心疼you bah.

I agree with snow19. If the nature of your work is highly stressful, maybe take no pay leave for a month and really rest when u r cycling? And if you are successful in your next cycle, the age gap is prob 5+years, i think still ok as long as the bond between the siblings is strong. Somemore will have gor gor or jie jie as companion. But then again, it's important that your hubby and you are on the same page on this issue coz you will need lotsa support during this period.

My child is turning 2 soon. Hoping for a second one so that he won't be left all alone if something happens to my hubby and myself. Initially my hubby wanted to stop at 1 coz he doesn't want me to go through the pain from injection. But later i managed to convince him so what here i am again. I think your hubby probably 心疼you bah.

My boy just turn 6 mths n we already thinking of no 2 Liao. My hub say he getting old so now we try to see if can conceive naturally anot if not when we meet doc tan in August will consult him.

My boy just turn 6 mths n we already thinking of no 2 Liao. My hub say he getting old so now we try to see if can conceive naturally anot if not when we meet doc tan in August will consult him.
We started trying for #2 after our #1 turned 1yo. Good to plan asap since we never know when we'll see the next BFP next or ever. KKH Dr SF Loh told me that it'll be easier to conceive naturally after the first pregnancy. No luck for us though in these 2+years.

I share the same thoughts as @shiro_ger about giving my girl a sibling. Isn't that what others say, that the best person you can give your child is a sibling? My brother and I fought as kids (2 years apart) but we are real close now. We plan holidays and my parents' healthcare decisions together. Same for my cousins who are 3 years apart. Having someone to fight with is better than none right? :)

@shiro_ger and @snow19, I struggled with the decision of NPL and quitting. For NPL, I am not confident I have strong reasons to justify to the layers of hierarchy in my corporate world. Do such reasons stick well with bosses that are trying to get max deals cut by end of financial year? For quitting, I do need the paycheck and I can't command the same pay elsewhere due to the unique nature of my work. These two things are constantly on my mind these days. Today, I finally mustered the energy to talk to a colleague about my stress and he also said that I must decide whether the next promotion or next child will bring me more happiness. Both are not certain and both do not come with effort. Though in my line of work, promotions do come over time while babies don't :(

@bunnymuimui I scare the more we want the more dun have lol. I only left 4 embryo n I'm a SAHM. I quit my job in 2013 to concerntrate for the ivf coz my job is very stressful at that point n my pay is almost half of what my hub is earning. So since then I'm a housewife and now become SAHM. Haha... Though I miss the working life but I enjoy my SAHM life, though can be frustrated or pek chek at times. But I find it quite happy coz I get to see my boy having different type of expression. N I can see his milestone.

Yes n I agree to have sibling for ur bb. I'm a only child so when I was young I very envy those who have sibling at least there's someone there to play with u.
N think this way when we we are old the next time if ur son or daughter have a sibling at least there's someone to discuss n share the burden.

Hi, shiro_ger/ bunnymuimui/ snow19,

Have been a silent reader on this thread.. Was on the main ivf thread earlier but came in here coz I was w HH Tan for my last FET..

Like u gals, I have a daughter (coming to 3 yo -from FET). Then last Dec, I did another FEt to collect my remaining snowbabies but BFN.. :-(

I agree with wat u gals say, I m worried tt the more I wan a sibling for my gal, the more difficult the road might b.. It doesn't help tt she is the only grandchild both sides..

Ivf 1st baby stress, ivf for #2 oso stress.. Hahaha..

Anyway, I m gg fresh #2 in mar.. We muz all jiayou together yah.. :)

Back