Support group - Miscarriages

Hi ladies...

long time no post here..

Yes agree it has been a challenging year....i failed my FET in march and also my 3rd fresh IVF cycle and had a chemical pregnancy then (yet again yes!)

After many years of TTCing and recurrent early losses I still do believe our time will come soon! May this Christmas bring cheer and good hope to all here..carry on and believe in not losing faith..that we can somehow get there.

I am now cautiously positive as i've just past 1st trimester..but mastered up a bit of courage to post to encourage fellow ladies here..what we hv gone thru will only make us stronger and better mums to our rainbow miracle babies..

Hi ladies...

long time no post here..

Yes agree it has been a challenging year....i failed my FET in march and also my 3rd fresh IVF cycle and had a chemical pregnancy then (yet again yes!)

After many years of TTCing and recurrent early losses I still do believe our time will come soon! May this Christmas bring cheer and good hope to all here..carry on and believe in not losing faith..that we can somehow get there.

I am now cautiously positive as i've just past 1st trimester..but mastered up a bit of courage to post to encourage fellow ladies here..what we hv gone thru will only make us stronger and better mums to our rainbow miracle babies..

Congratulations! Time will fly after 1 Tri. :)

Hi Audiobean, I have a friend who visited a TCM doc in Marine Parade. He's called Dr Ban Choon Chan... My friend conceived again within 2 months after her mc. My hub went to see Dr Ban once too and took his medicine for a month. However, we are not sure whether he is really effective as we also saw Western doctor and took other TCM medicine from Eu Yan Sang. There's a TCM thread which u can check out: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/294863.html

Dear Beowie,

You mean the tcm in marine parade allowed your friend to ttc 2 months after her miscarriage (she did not have to wait at all)? Just curious.

Hi ChrisL, Congratulations.

So long I have never post here...yes with hope rainbow baby will be here soon....

I have given birth to a baby girl this March and she is now 9 months.

All the mummies that we used to chat long ago apart from ChrisL, are u all still chatting here?

hi ladies,

how long after the m/c did y'all ttc again? Is there any advise regarding how long our bodies need to 'recover' even though the gynae gives a green light? He says it's up to us and more psychologically.

hi ladies,

how long after the m/c did y'all ttc again? Is there any advise regarding how long our bodies need to 'recover' even though the gynae gives a green light? He says it's up to us and more psychologically.

I would say when you are ready emotionally. TCM will say rest 3-6mths then start ttcing again.
I eh.. just try straight after my MC becoz mine is natural miscarriage and very early lost, I just have a heavier then usual period and no dnc required.

hi ladies,

It is really depends on individual.....
If ur gynae suggested to go for test to rule out the cause u can go ahead b4 ttc again n both husband&wife need to emotionally prepared as well.....some pregnancy is smooth some is roller coaster.....both need to be there to support each other to face all the challenge.....jiayou :)

hi ladies,

My gynae did mention that we can try to conceive again after a month; at least after one cycle.

Both husband and I wasn't really trying, but I got pregnant just after one cycle.

Its a happy news for us but at the same time I was a lil in denial and also skeptical abt the pregnancy as I guess it was a lil too soon to conceive after the MC. But all is good now. Am in my 25th weeks now.

Hi ChrisL, Congratulations.

So long I have never post here...yes with hope rainbow baby will be here soon....

I have given birth to a baby girl this March and she is now 9 months.

All the mummies that we used to chat long ago apart from ChrisL, are u all still chatting here?

hi! Congrats on ur princess! So nice to hear of another good outcome! Actually dun think many of the older batch is here..some hv gone to hv chn and now must be very busy with them..else well unless they r just reading silently lah (that was my case I did read silently for a period of time) but I seriously hope they hv all gone joined other mtb/mummies threads!

hi ladies,

hi..sorry to hear that...you can try when u r ready ..physically and emotionally ..there will sure be doc/tcm doc who says must wait etc but you know yourself best..when u and hb are ready just go ahead..

Yes i still have. Herbal Soups. I will go medical hall ask for a herbal pack for chicken soup. They hv ready ones. Just throw the whole pack in with a black chicken. Slow cook 2hrs u can have a nice meal. Really effortless. For the chicken, go wet market ask the stall to deskin the chicken n chop into half. Alternative you can buy pork ribs. Usually i will add in more ingredients like red dates wolfberries and some times dang shen. Its nourishing to hv these for our body.

hi ladies,

I am planning to start ttc after my feb 2015 cycle.. mid term miscarriage and dnc done in july 2014.. open myo done in sep 2014 to remove fibroids.. now taking tcm .. really hope to start asap.. but i feel is better to wait abit longer :) .. baby dust to all and jia you..

My gynae did mention that we can try to conceive again after a month; at least after one cycle.

Both husband and I wasn't really trying, but I got pregnant just after one cycle.

Its a happy news for us but at the same time I was a lil in denial and also skeptical abt the pregnancy as I guess it was a lil too soon to conceive after the MC. But all is good now. Am in my 25th weeks now.

same like you, I got pregnant 1 cycle after my 2nd MC. I am in my 37wks now, going to induce on Monday. :eek:

I am planning to start ttc after my feb 2015 cycle.. mid term miscarriage and dnc done in july 2014.. open myo done in sep 2014 to remove fibroids.. now taking tcm .. really hope to start asap.. but i feel is better to wait abit longer :) .. baby dust to all and jia you..

*hug* drink more red date longan tea and keep body warm warm!

Hi Ladies, a new year and a new beginning. Hope everyone is still going strong and recovering well (physically or emotionally).

My hubby and I have been trying for last 5 months (after my m/c and hysteroscopy surgery last July) and still no news. Should I be checking with my gynea and see if I should go for assisted means like IUI or IVF since I am already 35 this year. It's a little discouraging and disheartened.

Hi Ladies, a new year and a new beginning. Hope everyone is still going strong and recovering well (physically or emotionally).

My hubby and I have been trying for last 5 months (after my m/c and hysteroscopy surgery last July) and still no news. Should I be checking with my gynea and see if I should go for assisted means like IUI or IVF since I am already 35 this year. It's a little discouraging and disheartened.

Dun get discouraged girl..not easy for some like me i took years..but advise u Yes go to check see whether any underlaying reasons..touchwood like male issue etc. Cos then you will hv a clearer mind/path to go from and not waste anymore time cos we woman eggs gets older with age too..how long were u married/ttcing? If no problems can try iui first most doc will recommend that first before ivf..

Dun get discouraged girl..not easy for some like me i took years..but advise u Yes go to check see whether any underlaying reasons..touchwood like male issue etc. Cos then you will hv a clearer mind/path to go from and not waste anymore time cos we woman eggs gets older with age too..how long were u married/ttcing? If no problems can try iui first most doc will recommend that first before ivf..

Thanks Chrisl, I have been trying to keep positive mindset but month after month is just negative. It is really testing my patience. I had one chemical pregnancy in June 2013 and M/C at 8 week in April 2014 and then hysteroscopy surgery in July 2014. I have done HSG (results show no blocked tube) and M/C blood profile test (ANA +) but further blood test with rhematologist has no further issues.

We have been trying for close to 2 years maybe. I try to keep a positive mindset for 2015. But I get a little disheartened. So was thinking maybe getting some form of medical assistance may be good.

CSK, yes a new year and I hope 2015 is everything fantastic for you. Good that you have new plans for the new year....to seek medical advice. Just go to the doc with an open mind. Medical intrusion into ttc is not as "bad" as we think...like I said, just chat with a trusted doc and you access your options from there. And since age is catching up, no harm go for it (be it iui/ivf) since chance of success does dip with increasing age. Meantime, life just continues as usual as in try natural while seeking help.

Thanks Chrisl, I have been trying to keep positive mindset but month after month is just negative. It is really testing my patience. I had one chemical pregnancy in June 2013 and M/C at 8 week in April 2014 and then hysteroscopy surgery in July 2014. I have done HSG (results show no blocked tube) and M/C blood profile test (ANA +) but further blood test with rhematologist has no further issues.

We have been trying for close to 2 years maybe. I try to keep a positive mindset for 2015. But I get a little disheartened. So was thinking maybe getting some form of medical assistance may be good.

Dear Chew, i totally understand how u feel, you are really very patient. For me, i am rather impatient and will go all out to find alternatives. Maybe you shd seek assistance from expert like fertility docs. They will trial n error to find out your problems. Sometimes we just need a little external help. IUI and IVF isn't that scary at all. I bypass IUI because success % for IVf is higher.

Maybe just go for fertility doc straight as u said age catching up..cos sometimes ivf/iui also takes time..you can actually bypass polyclinic..well polyclnic is when u want to hv some rebate but i feel not much difference..just call up any gov hospitals straight for treatment you can get gov co funding as well for 3 cycles so why not..eg i called nuh last year ard june and booked..then aug 1st appointment then in late oct positive already..

Since doc diagnose that my baby doesnt have a heartbeat on last wed when I was suppose to be week 8, I choose not to believe and do d&c. I choose to wait for miracle to happen the next week. However, last Sunday I had real bad cramp, bleed alot and pass out large lump of blood clots, I know the baby inside me really choose to go. At such, I have my d&c done just now in the Afternoon. Still feeling very empty now. I really Hope my baby will come back as my next baby

Since doc diagnose that my baby doesnt have a heartbeat on last wed when I was suppose to be week 8, I choose not to believe and do d&c. I choose to wait for miracle to happen the next week. However, last Sunday I had real bad cramp, bleed alot and pass out large lump of blood clots, I know the baby inside me really choose to go. At such, I have my d&c done just now in the Afternoon. Still feeling very empty now. I really Hope my baby will come back as my next baby

Dear janizehl, i had a 9weeks miscarriage as bb lost heartbeat. Mostly i was told that this fetus is not as healthy therefore our body natural reaction to discharge and put a stop to development. Stay hopeful that you will be pregnant again and carry a healthy bb to full term. Now you have to focus on nursing back your health. Jia you!

Hi, sorry about your lost. I lost mine at Week 8 too and there was no heartbeat and did DnC immediately. It is okie to feel all sorts of emotions now. Hope you recover soon. Stay strong.

Hello, sorry to hear that. It's really sad I do have same experience, 4x miscarriages. Baby doesn't have heart beat, etc. I'm seeing one of senior professor at NUH, he is really helping me a lot and thank god I gt pregnant and have a 2 months old baby now. Stop worrying. Have faith things will work out and be strong :)

Hello, sorry to hear that. It's really sad I do have same experience, 4x miscarriages. Baby doesn't have heart beat, etc. I'm seeing one of senior professor at NUH, he is really helping me a lot and thank god I gt pregnant and have a 2 months old baby now. Stop worrying. Have faith things will work out and be strong :)

Dear soya, are u seeing prof mahesh? Your losses are all during first trimester?

Dear soya, are u seeing prof mahesh? Your losses are all during first trimester?
Hello..nope..mine professor biswas..he is the head person there, really senior. Whilst waiting for my q, i heard a lot of good comments from all his patients most of the time..for me personally he is really good..even my nb was having hard time because of her weight during my pregnancy. Breech baby and born 2kg only..thank to Lord she is healthy now..just let me know if you need my help...

Hello..nope..mine professor biswas..he is the head person there, really senior. Whilst waiting for my q, i heard a lot of good comments from all his patients most of the time..for me personally he is really good..even my nb was having hard time because of her weight during my pregnancy. Breech baby and born 2kg only..thank to Lord she is healthy now..just let me know if you need my help...
My 4th miscarriage when I was preggy 5m.o..my 1st-3rd less than 5m.o only ..

Hi sonya..so happy to hear that you have a bundle of joy now!i also had a miscarriage at 5 months. Did u manage to find out the reason for that episode?

Hi sonya..so happy to hear that you have a bundle of joy now!i also had a miscarriage at 5 months. Did u manage to find out the reason for that episode?
Hello there..yes, I am!! Thank you :D my 3 miscarriages was handle by different doc, until I found Prof Biswas. Previous doc just told me that I was too weak and exhausted so its normal. Strange to me! But with Prof Biswas, he told me that I was all good and no problem at all. During pregnancy I was having a problem w breech baby and baby weight. Thank God all is well..

Hello there..yes, I am!! Thank you :D my 3 miscarriages was handle by different doc, until I found Prof Biswas. Previous doc just told me that I was too weak and exhausted so its normal. Strange to me! But with Prof Biswas, he told me that I was all good and no problem at all. During pregnancy I was having a problem w breech baby and baby weight. Thank God all is well..

Soya, so there is no particular reason for the multiple losses? Pro Biswas did anything special for this pregnancy?

Regular checkup n some medicines to tk..can't remember about the test..sorry..
No problem. Thanks for sharing. I wish to find out if most multiple miscarriages do have any reason. The most frustrating is when doc says...there is no particular reason or anything wrong with our body.

Hi, I am with Dr THH @ KKH and had a miscarriage and D&C in Dec. What do they do at the 5-weeks review after the D&C? Do they scan for perforations or scarring? My menses cycle has not returned and I don't want to go back for a consultation ($100) just to answer questions and schedule the next FET.

Hi, I am with Dr THH @ KKH and had a miscarriage and D&C in Dec. What do they do at the 5-weeks review after the D&C? Do they scan for perforations or scarring? My menses cycle has not returned and I don't want to go back for a consultation ($100) just to answer questions and schedule the next FET.

Hi bunnymuimui, my post d&c review is usually 2 wks later. Will do ultrasound to check uterus condition. Whether anything unusual also if the uterus size has returned to normal. I remb...my gynae didn't charge me. It is better to go back for review so that ur doc can confirm ur uterus is on the way of recovery. Usually it takes awhile for AF to return. Mine return ard 5.5wks

Hi bunnymuimui, my post d&c review is usually 2 wks later. Will do ultrasound to check uterus condition. Whether anything unusual also if the uterus size has returned to normal. I remb...my gynae didn't charge me. It is better to go back for review so that ur doc can confirm ur uterus is on the way of recovery. Usually it takes awhile for AF to return. Mine return ard 5.5wks

Thanks mangoyoyo. It has been a dark and difficult time since the D&C at 12 weeks. I half suspect that I am avoiding all reminders of it..... especially when AF is not back and it feels like my body is not normal yet. But I really should go see the doc. Scheduling the next FET would be moving on...

Bunnymuimui, fully understand. I just went through my 2nd D&C. Its has been a very difficult time for me to accept. But have to keep moving forward so that we can have new hopes. Start schedule ur fet. U will have good chance to bfp. My 2nd pregnancy is also fet..6mths aft the 1st. Let move on together...hug hug....

Hi everyone,
I just went through my second miscarriage :( and feeling really down now. Glad to find this support group, and I'm impressed by the positive outlook and drive that you ladies have.
My first mc was last April at 8 weeks, and then I got diagnosed with PCO. Second one just happened recently, at 5 weeks +.
Found out I have PCO after my cycles were really wonky after the first miscarriage.
I just recently got an appointment with TCM Dr Tan Siew Buoy and I wanted to ask if anyone has any feedback on her. I did acupuncture for 2 months before my second mc, and just stopped only because she said I shouldn't go for it. The reason why I went for acupuncture was because I read that it can be very effective for those with PCO.
Now I'm planning to see Prof Choolani at NUH to find out the reasons for the miscarriage. I made an appointment with him at NUH, but now i'm wondering if it's cheaper to get a referral at the polyclinic. Is the wait very long?
Thanks so much!

Hi i am seeing prof mahesh choolani for all my pregnancy also but as a private patient as he has clinic only on thursday. Subsidise clinic u cannot choose who to see. Unless u are booked for the recurrent pregnancy loss clinic then u can take subsidise. I have a history of 4 miscarriage ( 3 late n 1 early)and 1 alive baby now 2+ y.o. have went through alot just to have this baby but its all worthwhile!
I strongly recommend you to find out what is your problem with not able to sustain pregnancy before trying again to better prepare yourself.
I believe no women is destined to suffer from reccurent miscarriage and should find out the reason why.

All the best to your journey of having a baby!

Hi i am seeing prof mahesh choolani for all my pregnancy also but as a private patient as he has clinic only on thursday. Subsidise clinic u cannot choose who to see. Unless u are booked for the recurrent pregnancy loss clinic then u can take subsidise. I have a history of 4 miscarriage ( 3 late n 1 early)and 1 alive baby now 2+ y.o. have went through alot just to have this baby but its all worthwhile!
I strongly recommend you to find out what is your problem with not able to sustain pregnancy before trying again to better prepare yourself.
I believe no women is destined to suffer from reccurent miscarriage and should find out the reason why.

All the best to your journey of having a baby!

Hi Vac,
Thanks so much for your response! On one hand, am feeling quite kan cheong after the two mc, so really want to try again. On the other, I know that logically, I should wait until I take the tests, and see if we can find a reason to why this is happening. If something does happen again *touch wood*, I will probably just blame myself.

Now just going through one day at a time, and wait for my appointment in March.

In the meantime, hope that TCM will help me and my husband to tiao.

Hi everyone,
I just went through my second miscarriage :( and feeling really down now. Glad to find this support group, and I'm impressed by the positive outlook and drive that you ladies have.
My first mc was last April at 8 weeks, and then I got diagnosed with PCO. Second one just happened recently, at 5 weeks +.
Found out I have PCO after my cycles were really wonky after the first miscarriage.
I just recently got an appointment with TCM Dr Tan Siew Buoy and I wanted to ask if anyone has any feedback on her. I did acupuncture for 2 months before my second mc, and just stopped only because she said I shouldn't go for it. The reason why I went for acupuncture was because I read that it can be very effective for those with PCO.
Now I'm planning to see Prof Choolani at NUH to find out the reasons for the miscarriage. I made an appointment with him at NUH, but now i'm wondering if it's cheaper to get a referral at the polyclinic. Is the wait very long?
Thanks so much!

Hi xiao lu, me too 2nd mc and is devastated. When u had ur d&c? My plans is also to meet Prof Mahesh at Choolani Clinic soon. I am gg directly to his clinic if not may have to wait very long for an appointment with the referral. I want to get pregnant again soon. I have been seeing sinseh Tan Siew Buoy. Though no obvious results on me yet. I find her herbs are good and many ladies conceived under her care. U shd try however tcm will take a while to tio. She does not support acupuncture. So if u want to see her u may have to stop.

Hi xiao lu, me too 2nd mc and is devastated. When u had ur d&c? My plans is also to meet Prof Mahesh at Choolani Clinic soon. I am gg directly to his clinic if not may have to wait very long for an appointment with the referral. I want to get pregnant again soon. I have been seeing sinseh Tan Siew Buoy. Though no obvious results on me yet. I find her herbs are good and many ladies conceived under her care. U shd try however tcm will take a while to tio. She does not support acupuncture. So if u want to see her u may have to stop.

Hi Mangoyoyo,

I didn't do any d&c for both mc. The first one I miscarried at 9 weeks, and chose to pass it out naturally. The second one was 5+ weeks, and my current gynae says that I just need to go back for one more HCG test to make sure everything is clear.
When is your appointment with the Prof? What did your doctor say? Mine asked me to take a few blood tests, but they don't seem as comprehensive as the ones offered at NUH. I'm still waiting for the results of the tests I took.
Yes, I've chosen to stop my acupuncture since my second one also miscarried. Hopefully Doc Tan Siew Buoy will help. I've only seen her once. She is quite positive and upbeat, but I found it weird that she didn't give me any diagnosis or any advice at all. She didn't even tell me what to eat, what not to eat, not to take cold drinks etc.

If you have burning questions, why not open up and ask TSB?i would not wait for doc to tell me everything. Since you're a paying customer, you should be walking out of the place having doubts answered. But of course questions that a professional can enlighten and not those that only God can tell. I once overheard a patient asked a sinseh if she will really conceive within 3 months. How to answer la.

Hi Mangoyoyo,

I didn't do any d&c for both mc. The first one I miscarried at 9 weeks, and chose to pass it out naturally. The second one was 5+ weeks, and my current gynae says that I just need to go back for one more HCG test to make sure everything is clear.
When is your appointment with the Prof? What did your doctor say? Mine asked me to take a few blood tests, but they don't seem as comprehensive as the ones offered at NUH. I'm still waiting for the results of the tests I took.
Yes, I've chosen to stop my acupuncture since my second one also miscarried. Hopefully Doc Tan Siew Buoy will help. I've only seen her once. She is quite positive and upbeat, but I found it weird that she didn't give me any diagnosis or any advice at all. She didn't even tell me what to eat, what not to eat, not to take cold drinks etc.

I choose d&c. I just wana get over the episode fast. I am gg to meet Prof mahesh next wk. First consultation. I look forward to it. When is yours? My gynae ordered a series of tests including genetic tests. My test results are normal. Will go back for my gynae review this wk then see prof next wk. I heard that prof may order more tests if he find the tests we took are not complete. So hope he can help us.

U can ask sinseh if u have questions. I remb i ask her wat is wrong with me at first visit. she told me she need time to read my health by reading my temp chart. But cold drinks definitely have to cut. Isit ur first time seeing her? After awhile u will understand her style :)

If you have burning questions, why not open up and ask TSB?i would not wait for doc to tell me everything. Since you're a paying customer, you should be walking out of the place having doubts answered. But of course questions that a professional can enlighten and not those that only God can tell. I once overheard a patient asked a sinseh if she will really conceive within 3 months. How to answer la.

Oh dear..what a question! ! I think only god can answer haha!

I choose d&c. I just wana get over the episode fast. I am gg to meet Prof mahesh next wk. First consultation. I look forward to it. When is yours? My gynae ordered a series of tests including genetic tests. My test results are normal. Will go back for my gynae review this wk then see prof next wk. I heard that prof may order more tests if he find the tests we took are not complete. So hope he can help us.

U can ask sinseh if u have questions. I remb i ask her wat is wrong with me at first visit. she told me she need time to read my health by reading my temp chart. But cold drinks definitely have to cut. Isit ur first time seeing her? After awhile u will understand her style :)

My appointment with the Prof is first week of March. I didn't expect I would have to wait so long even after calling in directly to NUH. I really want to be able to find out if there is something wrong with me. My doctor told me that the genetic tests are not very helpful but we can go for it anyway. I think I will wait til I go see Prof Choolani and see what he has to say since he's the expert in this area. All the best to your first appointment. Just curious though, are you planning to hold off ttc until you see him? My husband and I still undecided when to start trying again.

Yes, I've only seen TSB once. I made an appointment with her only after finding out I had PCO last November. Then in Dec, we managed to conceive naturally. Unfortunately, I miscarried in January, just in time for my first appointment. I think I was still too stunned during my first appointment because the mc was confirmed the day before my appointment with her. I haven't even started to drink the herbs she gave me yet, because I was still bleeding when I saw her last week, and she asked me to wait a few days until after I stop bleeding before consuming the medicine.

Back