(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Mummies, I'm having fever now. It's 38.1 degrees & I've not seen a gynae yet since I tested positive. I took panadols to suppress the fever & my first appt is 26 Dec. Do I need to see gynae ASAP due to my fever or can wait till fri? This week the clinic is closed on Xmas day & half day on eve. If I dun see tmr then I gotta tolerate till fri liao. How huh... Anyone has experienced fever in the first trimester before?
I don't have the experience. Why don't u call up kk ask a nurse to seek their advice? I would do that if i have a query that needs an urgent reply. 1900 556 8783. The hotline operates till 12 midnight. Hope this helps...

Mummies, I'm having fever now. It's 38.1 degrees & I've not seen a gynae yet since I tested positive. I took panadols to suppress the fever & my first appt is 26 Dec. Do I need to see gynae ASAP due to my fever or can wait till fri? This week the clinic is closed on Xmas day & half day on eve. If I dun see tmr then I gotta tolerate till fri liao. How huh... Anyone has experienced fever in the first trimester before?
Never self medicate when you are pregnant. Go see a GP and tell him you are pregnant. If the GP dont want to give you medicine, ask to see the gynae earlier. Im having flu now and that's what i did. But i try not to take the medicine too often. Most are not proven if there are any side effects on foetus. However without any medicine, your body may choose to "sacrifice" the foetus in worst scenarios as per my gynae.

yesterday I sit at home watch tv wirh my legs wide open. hubby came home and ask why I sit like that. no choice now i felt my tummy is so bloated that it felt like of heavy. btw my cramps get better already.

think tmrw whem return to work sure people will ask... cos i look like mysil tummy who is due in april. I hv a tummy to begin with now it looks bloated up. and worse my hubby say I look different when I walk like a duck waddling with a heavy tummy. eh.. barely 5 or 6 weeks only..I look like that already. and I cant get up when o sit on the floor. I need a chair to support. so much changes in just 2 weeks.

insomnia again... I slept at 11am, suddenly now feel v awake, high tide hungry..

help. can u all touch yr tummy. . is it hard? mine is quite hard and not so soft kind. my last pregnancy was soft to touch. this time round the tummy felt sp hard so fast.

Last Thursday I had a fright... Think I carried my daughter and try rocking her to sleep... Came back, rest and sleep for awhile, the moment I stood up, blood gush out like period.. Clot also drop out... Thought I'm going to lose it, went to NUH A&E immediately, luckily baby and heartbeat is still there.... Now on bedrest though the young doctor doesn't advise me to stay on bed all day long... now is just back to spotting.... my hubby banned me from carrying my daughter liao....
Same situation as me, freak me out.
That happened when I carried heavy laundry and lug luggage around.
Shortly and I feel the blood gush out with clots.
Now there's still discharge, bed rest for a day and I resume work as usual. Stay home too much is unhealthy for the mind.

I think u should see a gynae ASAP, it might even get worse at night and you might have an infection.

help. can u all touch yr tummy. . is it hard? mine is quite hard and not so soft kind. my last pregnancy was soft to touch. this time round the tummy felt sp hard so fast.

Could the hard tummy be due to wind? Do you feel very gassy? You can try to sip hot water and see if it helps with relieving the bloatedness.

I hope this help.
I was not feeling well yesterday, throw up my lunch and feverish. Initially i tot was ms since i been feeling this way past weeks but i even had quite bad diarrhoea. My whole family was falling sick with bad sore throat and stomach bloated since a wk ago. So we suspected stomach flu... Even my little gal suffered. We went to see GP yesterday, told him im pregnant. He prescribed some antibiotics and panamol (paracetamol) and anti-inflammatory for me. Its ok to take medicines but you have to let the doctor know you are pregnant so he will prescribe something safe for you... This morning is my gynae appt so i told my gynae abt it he say ms wont cause diarrhoea so im pretty sure its some flu virus... Its ok to take the medicines with the hormones pills and folic acid too. But my gynae say still better to rest more and luckily the virus didnt affect the baby at all. I am 7week now, did the tummy scan today and finally hear my baby heartbeat!

I also fell sick 2 days before I missed my period.. was fever and cough... didn't mention anything to the doc till 1 full week when my cough didn't get any better, and confirm preg... when to gp again then to confirm the medication was alright for me..
Till now everything looks fine.. (cross finger)

Went to gynae appointment today at 6 weeks 2 days. Fetal pole 3.6mm and saw heartbeat. Is it normal? Gynae say normal. My next appt is 2 weeks later. Hopefully to see a growth.

Went to gynae appointment today at 6 weeks 2 days. Fetal pole 3.6mm and saw heartbeat. Is it normal? Gynae say normal. My next appt is 2 weeks later. Hopefully to see a growth.
Hi worry, dun worry be happy!
Gynae say normal then its good news... Congrats!

Hi dear mummys to be,

I got a positive hcg test(4-5weeks)..but not very sure when is edd as i havent seen a gynae yet..the online estimation says 1/9 can i join in the fun here? :)

May i know when did u all fix the first gynae appt? Fixed one at week 5 but wondering if too early, as there's nothing to see still hehe.

I walked in to see Dr Adrian Woodworth at SK 2 weeks ago when I was about week 5 coz my appointment to see Dr Irene Chua at Gleneagles is all the way in January. Couldn't wait so long so faster went to make sure all ok. Felt more relieved after a scan although it was a very brief visit. I can't imagine Dr talk so fast and I need full concentration to listen to him else I will miss his words. Lol.

I've seen doc John Yam this morning & confirmed the pregnancy but too early to detect heart beat. As I was running high fever, he suggested only normal panadols & sponging. Left his clinic at 12pm. At 5pm, I feel aching pain on my right lower back, which I suspected UTI so I came into Gleneagles A&E immediately. Am now warded & scheduled for scans & checks over these few days. Can't help worry for the fetus bcoz dr says he saw some blood clot near the sac & I may have spotting soon. He ask me to be very careful & plenty of rest. Cannot carry my daughter liao. Gonna spend my Xmas in the ward :(

I've seen doc John Yam this morning & confirmed the pregnancy but too early to detect heart beat. As I was running high fever, he suggested only normal panadols & sponging. Left his clinic at 12pm. At 5pm, I feel aching pain on my right lower back, which I suspected UTI so I came into Gleneagles A&E immediately. Am now warded & scheduled for scans & checks over these few days. Can't help worry for the fetus bcoz dr says he saw some blood clot near the sac & I may have spotting soon. He ask me to be very careful & plenty of rest. Cannot carry my daughter liao. Gonna spend my Xmas in the ward :(

Oh dear, hug hug. Guai guai listen to doctor and stay in bed as much as you can. Don't worry and rest well k. Everything will be ok, doctor will cure you. Rest well.

It is really a terrible feel to spend xmas in the hospital. :(
Based on past experience, please don't carry heavy stuff and take plenty of rest during the first trimester, v pro to spotting.
Rest well n recover soon.

hi merry xmas to all, i just done a pregnancy test. and it is positive.. feeling very excited as this is my first time !! hope it's not false positive.. a bit confused too.. dont know which gynae to visit.. i calculated. it shld be end of aug if its true positive

hi merry xmas to all, i just done a pregnancy test. and it is positive.. feeling very excited as this is my first time !! hope it's not false positive.. a bit confused too.. dont know which gynae to visit.. i calculated. it shld be end of aug if its true positive
Hi, congrats. Are you already on folic acid? If not, do get started on it even before you see a gynae.

Dear Aug MTBs, I expecting my #1 and I did my check up last week at Dr Dolly Wee of Mt E with EDD on 6 Aug. So, magical to see the blinking heart beat.
Fortunately my MS is usually at night...but I can't seem to get enough rest at night and my neck is very sore. In the day I am often short of breath followed by several yawns.
Does any face similar symptoms?

Merry Xmas everyone!
This is my first post here. Juz tested positive. Will wait till jan to pay Gynae a visit. This is my #2. #1 is a dragon too like many others here.

Congrats! Its great to see many dragon mummies here, next time our gathering our #1 will have friends to play along too. Excited!

Congrats and welcome! Look ard for a gynae and make an appointment. Gynae appointment need to wait very long. Mean while just eat your folic acid, relax, enjoy!

Last Thursday I had a fright... Think I carried my daughter and try rocking her to sleep... Came back, rest and sleep for awhile, the moment I stood up, blood gush out like period.. Clot also drop out... Thought I'm going to lose it, went to NUH A&E immediately, luckily baby and heartbeat is still there.... Now on bedrest though the young doctor doesn't advise me to stay on bed all day long... now is just back to spotting.... my hubby banned me from carrying my daughter liao....

tc @Libbie

tc and rest more

Congrats all new mummies

haven log in for a week. been hugging sink and toliet bowl everyday especially at night... went to see Gynae 1st time on 19th dec. saw baby and heard heartbeat

didnt celebrate Christmas. missed out on gathering and good food. Only went church on xmas day. whole holiday never bring kids out. feel so bad. next week school reopen. hope i will feel better soon

Congrats! Its great to see many dragon mummies here, next time our gathering our #1 will have friends to play along too. Excited!
Yes yes, it will be a big gathering. Though I'm a 2nd time mommy but I can't seemed remember anything this stage. Nervous and excited!

Congrats all new mummies

haven log in for a week. been hugging sink and toliet bowl everyday especially at night... went to see Gynae 1st time on 19th dec. saw baby and heard heartbeat

didnt celebrate Christmas. missed out on gathering and good food. Only went church on xmas day. whole holiday never bring kids out. feel so bad. next week school reopen. hope i will feel better soon
Hope you feel better soon! They say munching crackers (Meiji plain crackers kind) helps. Take care

Congrats all new mummies

oh dear rest well n hope u get better.. usually on which wk will the morn sickness symptoms starts?

Hello!

This is my first one and Edd is early Aug! Last two weeks have been horrible, woken up by nausea at 4am almost every morning...throughout the day, has to eat about every 2 hours to minimize the nausea. Sometimes it works, sometimes don't.

Jiayou everyone!

I have the same problem too. Have to eat every 2 hours to keep the nausea away. I think it will peak between 8 to 12 weeks so let's hang in there!

eating every 2 hr helps? last pregnancy i din eat anything also vomit out water... hmm..

heard probably later part of tri 1.

Hello mummies! Jus went to gynae this afternoon to confirm my pregnancy! Currently at 8w1d. This is my #2. #1 is turning 14 months!:)

Hi beautiful moms and mom - to - be. I'm 9 weeks pregnant and going to see Dr Heng at Parkway East Hospital. Any reviews with her? My EDD early August. ...

Last edited:
My first trimester isn't easy as I can't eat properly, no urge to eat as any food doesn't look appealing to me anymore, before my pregnancy I eat a lot and gained 2 kg but since pregnancy I always feel restless and always yawning all throughout the day. Is this normal? It's my #1 and also looks like 4 mos as my tummy is bigger than usual 9 weeks.

So glad to see more mommies here :)

Had a bad scare over the week, Mon suddenly heavy bleeding and drop out a fetus lookalike into the toilet bowl.. went A&E, gynae came, scan and see only 1 sac left so declare I m/c my twin. Admitted hosp and monitor the surviving twin.. slowly accepting the fact that I am left with singleton. Yest went gynae weekly checkup, scan and saw my twins again!! Both growing well :) Gynae said Mt A hosp a&e machine old, haha so prolly either I was having triplets and drop 1 OR it is simply a big blood clot. Phew! Emo roller coaster ride over the week, so tired..

My #1 is also a dragon girl heehee, all the mommies here, lets Jia You together and countdown to the end of first tri ya

Adv Happy 2015 to you all :)

Back