IVF/ICSI Support Group

kymkym I've checked my records..this year march 14 I did my 3rd fet and my doc ordered 1 progynova to be inserted vaginally every night + an estradoil patch (stick paste on thigh-once every 3 days).. these are estrogen to support lining as our body needs a combination of both estrogen (comes in form of progynova/estrofem/estradoil patch etc) and progesterone (utrogestan/crinone/lutinus all are brand names) but all works in their own ways and doc's own preference of prescription accordingly to our case by case...

On why my protocol different cos I did my cycle overseas and not in Singapore..you might want to check with your doc on his preference on the medications...cos I know my this last 4th fresh at NUH prof wong gave me estrofem inserts instead and when I asked him if I hv my own estrodoil patch from before with me he said no dun use that use what he gave..i supposed from that I derive that each country/hospital the standard protocol of medication is different..
Which overseas one did u go? U also do scan etc local?

[UOTE="chrisl, post: 7696315, member: 29238"]kymkym I've checked my records..this year march 14 I did my 3rd fet and my doc ordered 1 progynova to be inserted vaginally every night + an estradoil patch (stick paste on thigh-once every 3 days).. these are estrogen to support lining as our body needs a combination of both estrogen (comes in form of progynova/estrofem/estradoil patch etc) and progesterone (utrogestan/crinone/lutinus all are brand names) but all works in their own ways and doc's own preference of prescription accordingly to our case by case...

On why my protocol different cos I did my cycle overseas and not in Singapore..you might want to check with your doc on his preference on the medications...cos I know my this last 4th fresh at NUH prof wong gave me estrofem inserts instead and when I asked him if I hv my own estrodoil patch from before with me he said no dun use that use what he gave..i supposed from that I derive that each country/hospital the standard protocol of medication is different..
I am also going to do my cycle overseas too. But to save cost n time I am doing scans n get medicine locally. I just got my plan from them today I am wondering can I do scan n get injection in kkivf or not.... (the dr did not give instruction letter, only email from his assistant)[/QUOTE]

wow..you doing overseas? Not easy leh..but will there be a difference in doctor's instruction or not? Like if docA said give this medicine and then docB change etc..

U did go for polyp removal before ur bfp. How did u take care after surgery? Can eat spicy food after that?

No, kept to light meals for about 1-2 weeks. Cos I checked with the nurses after the procedure, they told me best to abstain from spicy, oily, deep fried for a while, just to be safe. Other than that, nothing special. No pain or anything so it was alright.

Me too! Bust n tummy never go back to original size :( and I can't seem to lose the extra 3 kg gain... sigh... nowadays I can even feel my inner thighs rubbing each other when I walk :'(

Xian leh..how Ah..how come We all put on so much weight after failed ivf

How to get rid of the weight man. Sobsss

Jts: for those who are keen to know what supplements I take.. These are the ones. Took them faithfully for 9 mths everyday
ImageUploadedByForum1419390723.139057.jpg

Hi Syrian, I just checked my report mine is about 53. I had endo & cysts, been on pill for years to control the growth. Already stop taking it last year.
So far when seeing my previous gynae in raffles and current dr tan in kk. They give me a feeling that it's not an issue as long as the size is consistent and no sudden growth. No additional requirement was needed comparing with others with did their ivf. The only thing I had extra is I need to go for a mock ET procedure a month earlier before my ivf starts.
Hi labbitzz,
Thanks for the reply..u also seeing dr tan? Hes my gynae too! I have not ask him yet. Only seeing him in my jan cycle to start off.

how come u need to do a mock ET? Really hope its nt an issue in starting next round..

Thanks ladies, it was indeed an pleasantly unexpected Xmas present! To think that just 2 days ago I was asking my hubby when he thought would be a good time for our next ivf attempt...

Now just need to wait for my ultrasound & doctor's appointment next month. hope everything is fine *fingers crossed*

Pray that it works out for all of you too!
Hi littlejo, for me it's always been a case of unexplained infertility, which is irritating cos it's like grabbing at air... Dunno what problems to target, dunno what will help improve chances.

I first tried IUI at a pte clinic maybe about 1.5-2 yrs ago? Had my hubby's semen tested and all, everything seemed fine. But dunno why it just failed. The doc said that we can either try again, or try naturally on our own for a few mths then decide. After that, a fren suggested that I try KKH cos she felt the private docs are more interested in straightforward cases, where they just need to attend to those who are already pregnant & focus on delivering babies.

Finally I decided to go KKH earlier this year. Went thru the entire process of consultations, scans, HSG, blood tests, polyp removal, etc, etc, before going for SO-IUI in Aug/Sep. By then after all those injections I had high hopes, so when this failed I cried buckets.... and same thing, the doc couldn't explain why cos all looked fine on the surface. So she recommended I go straight for IVF instead of another round of SO-IUI, and I managed to meet KKIVF's deadline for the Nov cycle.

Had 16 follicles, 9 retrieved, 7 were matured and 5 fertilized. But out of the 5, only 2 could be used...the rest had to be discarded, so I've got nothing left for freezing. Not sure about the grade though, didn't occur to me to ask then. I'm still quite blur about the whole thing, and not sure what are the questions I need to ask in the first place! Was told that my lining was ok, but just before my ET, the doc mentioned the quality of the embryos weren't so good, which could have been a reason why I had problems conceiving in the first place. When I heard this, I mentally prepared myself that this might not work either.

Though thankfully it's turned out to be a BFP, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed & praying for the best since it's still early stages.... I understand what u mean, it has really been an emotional roller coaster for me too.

Seeing friends & colleagues conceiving so effortlessly has been difficult too (4 of my friends just delivered within the last 2 months alone! :confused:) Although I'm happy for them but can't help but feel extra miserable when that happens. They can just plan when they want another baby, and it just comes....
Hi ricecracker,
Thanks so much for your long reply. Really appreciate it. I had 2 SO-IUI during mid of the year and the IVF just 2 weeks back. Initially aft 2 rounds of SO-IUIs, my Dr also classified my case as unexplained infertility. But now with this IVF failure, Dr said embryo turned out to be no good even though they were grade 1. Likely the case of chromosome abnormality. Very sad. I still 2 frozen embryos to use but really there is a fear of hoping in me. Life jus throw at us unexpectedly. Nevertheless, I'm still trying to improve my health by taking more supplement, sleep enough and exercise enough.

Happy for u! New mummy! ☺

Hi ricecracker,
Thanks so much for your long reply. Really appreciate it. I had 2 SO-IUI during mid of the year and the IVF just 2 weeks back. Initially aft 2 rounds of SO-IUIs, my Dr also classified my case as unexplained infertility. But now with this IVF failure, Dr said embryo turned out to be no good even though they were grade 1. Likely the case of chromosome abnormality. Very sad. I still 2 frozen embryos to use but really there is a fear of hoping in me. Life jus throw at us unexpectedly. Nevertheless, I'm still trying to improve my health by taking more supplement, sleep enough and exercise enough.

Happy for u! New mummy! ☺

my doc also said my embryo quality wasn't good but somehow we were pleasantly surprised. I'm happy but still worried, and prob won't stop worrying until I know for sure that the baby is healthy....

If I were you, I'd prob go for a frozen cycle. At least you have some for freezing, and you'll never know if you don't try? At least you wouldn't have to go through the entire process again. In my case, if this round didn't work, I would have had to go for fresh all over again, which was something I wasn't sure about.

Mind if I ask how old you are, littlejo?

Xian leh..how Ah..how come We all put on so much weight after failed ivf

How to get rid of the weight man. Sobsss
hiaz...dun think we can unless we fully graduate. can't i i am now already plus size..and we are expect to up by another 10kg if stike toto...gosh..

Hi labbitzz,
Thanks for the reply..u also seeing dr tan? Hes my gynae too! I have not ask him yet. Only seeing him in my jan cycle to start off.

how come u need to do a mock ET? Really hope its nt an issue in starting next round..
Haha yes yes seen him for this year. My 'system' more complicated so think he saying mock ET allows to ensure smooth actual ET.

my doc also said my embryo quality wasn't good but somehow we were pleasantly surprised. I'm happy but still worried, and prob won't stop worrying until I know for sure that the baby is healthy....

If I were you, I'd prob go for a frozen cycle. At least you have some for freezing, and you'll never know if you don't try? At least you wouldn't have to go through the entire process again. In my case, if this round didn't work, I would have had to go for fresh all over again, which was something I wasn't sure about.

Hi ricecracker,
I'm 39. I should still be going to use my FE.
Have been doing lots of research although still sad whenever I think of the failed ivf.
The comforting thing is my Dr kept reminding us to try natural while waiting to do next round ET. I guess my case is more of aging factor so embryo had not been good enough to "multiply" efficiently and attached to the lining. My embryo probably may not have been able to become an efficient developing blastocyst.

As for now, I'm starting to take my supplements diligently, nuts, fruits...etc. starting my jogging routine and acupuncture next week. Will try my best to do whatever I can. At least I try. And am thinking of taking yoga too. Sad.. but gotta pick up and try again.

To all gals out there, we try harder. Marry Xmas and happy new year!

you mean during stimulations or just during not cycling? If not cycling or waiting to soon, can just 2 hrs apart before or after western meducines cos it contains herbs. But if during stimulations and thereafter no alcohol..better avoid

Hi ladies.. If we r doing acupuncture to tiao body.. R we supposed to skip the session if having menses ?
Also if sick, like flu fever, supposed to skip too ? Appreciate advise..

Ladies doing endo scratch before,can i check doc normally ordered this at which day of e cycle?is it done before e ivf injection starts for e case of short cycle?

Hi ladies.. If we r doing acupuncture to tiao body.. R we supposed to skip the session if having menses ?
Also if sick, like flu fever, supposed to skip too ? Appreciate advise..

Hi babe
I skipped acc n stopped taking tcm Med lately Cos I'm having flu m.Cough n.sore throat
Tcm did advise me not to take her Med if I'm having flu

Anyone knows if dr loh is resting tru out the whole cny period

I was actually look-in at fet in Jan
But looking at my crazy Jan work schedule, I'm not sure if I can still do it in Jan

Also,can anyone advise me how often do I need to go clinic for scan prior to fet? Cos I need to organise a business trip but am worried I need to constantly go back for scans
Thank u!

Hi, mine was done on day 20 of my cycle before injections starts. Mine is short cycle..which is going to start today.
Congrats to you on able to start. I wanted to start today. My day 3. But kk dun allow me to start. Cos they did die insist this mth e menses must come on 27 then can start.

Congrats to you on able to start. I wanted to start today. My day 3. But kk dun allow me to start. Cos they did die insist this mth e menses must come on 27 then can start.
Oh how come? they scan u and decided? I haven't go for my appt yet, called this morning and they ask me to go at 2pm later. But they say tdy will start, tdy my day 2. Means we can be cycle buddies. All the best to us! :)

mrs tann throw baby dusts all over!!!

just received the call!

hcg 793, bt date.

they say no more inserts. i really like the crinone. will be given another pill but to be consumed instead.
Congrats mrs_tann..Grabbing your baby dust..
Wish you have a healthy and smooth pregnancy...

Oh how come? they scan u and decided? I haven't go for my appt yet, called this morning and they ask me to go at 2pm later. But they say tdy will start, tdy my day 2. Means we can be cycle buddies. All the best to us! :)
No,i call n was rejected. Not scan anythg yet as Kkivf only open for biz on 27 dec day 1 of menses. Cos dec got lab washing or dunno wat. They very strict on this.
Not cycle buddies cos they dun accept me for dec..but all e best to you!

I need to go to private hospital if i want to do in dec. Jan slot kkivf they insist they r full n feb mine cycle may hit cny.
Sometimes reali veri tired on this ivf journey.

Last edited:
No,i call n was rejected. Not scan anythg yet as Kkivf only open for biz on 27 dec day 1 of menses. Cos dec got lab washing or dunno wat. They very strict on this.

I need to go to private hospital if i want to do in dec. Jan slot kkivf they insist they r full n feb mine cycle may hit cny.
Oic..it's ok, then u hv more time to build up your health. Or maybe u will strike naturally and no need IVF at all :)

So excited! The first person I notified of my bfp is Mdm Tan who is my healer! She does healing for me!

Second person is my hubby and the third person is my TCM doc Zou.

Just to share as I promised to write about her when I get my bfp.

I looked for her before I actually got started as I failed my previous cycle and was worried my now last third cycle maybe negative and I won't have any more grant to use. Furthermore my hubby was jobless then.

She guided me and asked me to start in end 2014 and that's when my hubby will find his job. No point doing it when my hubby is unemployed. Really my hubby found a job after being unemployed for 9 mths!

I took up a number of healing sessions with her. One of which is past lives cleaning which need to done before I get started with my cycle. I also asked for distance healing and this is important to me as I need her to help me with the fertilisation and embryo growth in the lab. I was elated when my result was much better than previous round (4 out of 10 eggs made it vs 3 out of 20 eggs previously). Really out of the blue for me! Its all her hard work! After my ET, I immediately went for another healing session on my 2 little babies, after that we chit chat over lunch so relaxed.. she is very motherly..

And then I have cramps on my tummy - they were so bad that I just have to keep hammering my own hands onto the pillow or bed while lying down. And she did distance healing to help me and the cramps got better so that I could relax. I also got this blessed oil from her that I apply everyday on my tummy. Whenever my thoughts stray, she will ask me don't worry and just have faith.

Probably most of us do not know what healing or distance healing is about as its not popular in this part of our world. (maybe you goggle and read about it first). Many thanks to Mdm Tan and I'm very grateful that our paths cross and this bfp is really something I have hoped and wished for for soooo long that is almost like impossible to reach. A miracle come true! Thank you very much!!

×× I'm not advertising for her but just sharing on how it have helped me a lot ××

She is my pillar of support especially post ET during the 2ww when tcm or doc could not do anything more.

Last edited:
So excited! The first person I notified of my bfp is Mdm Tan who is my healer! She does healing for me!

Second person is my hubby and the third person is my TCM doc Zou.

Just to share as I promised to write about her when I get my bfp.

I looked for her before I actually got started as I failed my previous cycle and was worried my now last third cycle maybe negative and I won't have any more grant to use. Furthermore my hubby was jobless then.

She guided me and asked me to start in end 2014 and that's when my hubby will find his job. No point doing it when my hubby is unemployed. Really my hubby found a job after being unemployed for 9 mths!

I took up a number of healing sessions with her. One of which is past lives cleaning which need to done before I get started with my cycle. I also asked for distance healing and this is important to me as I need her to help me with the fertilisation and embryo growth in the lab. I was elated when my result was much better than previous round (4 out of 10 eggs made it vs 3 out of 20 eggs previously). Really out of the blue for me! Its all her hard work! After my ET, I immediately went for another healing session on my 2 little babies, after that we chit chat over lunch so relaxed.. she is very motherly..

And then I have cramps on my tummy - they were so bad that I just have to keep hammering my own hands onto the pillow or bed while lying down. And she did distance healing to help me and the cramps got better so that I could relax. I also got this blessed oil from her that I apply everyday on my tummy. Whenever my thoughts stray, she will ask me don't worry and just have faith.

Probably most of us do not know what healing or distance healing is about as its not popular in this part of our world. (maybe you goggle and read about it first). Many thanks to Mdm Tan and I'm very grateful that our paths cross and this bfp is really something I have hoped and wished for for soooo long that is almost like impossible to reach. A miracle come true! Thank you very much!!

×× I'm not advertising for her but just sharing on how it have helped me a lot ××

Did she ask u to post in forum when succeed? Cos she did mention it to me long time ago.....

I believe you would have succeed even without healing. Sometimes is about timing n luck. Congrats.

Last edited:

Connie_hopeful don't get discouraged ok...jia you, your time will come...maybe meanwhile you can take this extra time to build up your body. BTW, did unintended/unplanned endo scratching on CD 14, then a few days later I started on Nor E and short fresh cycle after as in after completion of NorE AF arrived and I started jabs. Hope this helps ..

Congrats mrs_tann. Grabbing your bb dusts!!
I am starting my IVF journey in Jan. I can imagine it will be another test of my willpower, perseverance and mental strength.
I hope to overcome all these negative thoughts and share my success story!!

Back