(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

hi, good morning! hope everyone had a good weekend. :)

mine was quite "blah". really just nua at home with the girls and didn't go anywhere, as hubby was away on biz trip to BKK. glad he went too! for he came back with more than 20 packs of Boots milk bags for me. :D hopefully this week will be better in terms of activity, what with all the festivities coming. :)

momocrv, yes will be compatible. if you want something really roomy, go for the Pigeon one. can really fit a lot of bottles and pump parts in. used to use Pigeon, but now my kitchen space is running out so will be getting the Avent one instead, which is more compact.

MTB-2015, it's normal not to feel anything yet till you are like 20 weeks or more, especially if it is your first baby. :) don't worry too much about it. just enjoy this "honeymoon" period! soon, your little one will be kicking up a storm inside and possibly wake you up from sleep with all that kicking too.

Had a nua weekend too, but last nite's xmas party wiped me out! Dealing with 4-5 kids running ard takes alot out of us. In e end parents are more exhausted lol. But we all had so much fun!!

Re: steriliser

All bottles shld be compatible with any steriliser? I just dumped everything inside, incl bottles teats pump stuff, no need to line up properly hahaha… after awhile its like why bother?

My gal just accidentally kicked me in e tummy this morning during one of her tantrums. Sighs. I tink i gotta wear extra cushion whenever I deal with her.

MTB-2015, you are very very lucky to have no ms! Did you go thru TCM to tiao your body or build up your body well before this pregnancy? Read online that if you have built your body well to prep for this pregnancy, e.g. sufficient vitamins and nutrients levels, you may experience zero to very minimal pregnancy symptoms coz the body is well-equipped to cope. Please don't worry at all. I'm very sure your little one is moving alot inside and it's just that you can't feel it yet.
I'm 18 weeks. I just felt the first movement on Saturday, very, very lightly like a worm wriggle and in a split second that I could have missed it. But when I use the fetal doppler to listen to her heartbeat, I think she is moving quite alot and cannot keep still. But I just cannot feel a thing at all though i know she's moving.

starrymommy, I have something to ask for your advice re: spectra pump.
I'm looking at this seller selling the spectra pump, there are these options to choose from and I am really baffled despite googling for info coz I still don't know what it means....any idea?

Flange Size
25mm Standard Neck Flanges
28mm Wide Neck Flanges
Preorder 30mm Wide Neck Flanges (14days delivery)
No Flange

Adapter
For 25mm flange - Spectra/Avent Wide Adapter 1 pair ^ (+S$10.00)
For 25mm flange - Dr Brown Wide Adapter 1 Pair ^ (+S$10.00)
For 25mm flange - Pigeon Wide Adapter 1 Pair ^ (+S$10.00)
For 28/30mm flange - Standard Neck (Medela) Adapter 1 Pair ^ (+S$8.00)

25mm flange users, please note that the 25mm is a standard neck flange. To pump into Spectra wide neck bottles, please choose the Spectra wide adapter in the options during purchase.

cynn04, doing most of anything is exhausting for me at this point already!! and not even 3rd trimester yet. my turn to have an Xmas party at friend's place this week, on Xmas eve. will probably park myself at one corner and stuff my face silly the whole evening. I probably won't even care if the kids eat anything or not. just want to enjoy this Xmas. next year's Xmas will be pretty chaotic! :p

happycsk, flanges are the 2 funnel-shaped things that come into contact with your breasts while pumping.

the two Spectra sets I ordered came with 2 sets of flanges (25mm and 28mm). these are the most common sizes and majority of Asian mums will fit. 30mm is too big lah! I doubt the nipple will expand that much unless you are super well-endowed and already have large nipples to begin with! btw, how come the seller not giving you the 2 sets FOC? must pay?

the adapters are for pumping into different brand bottles. if pumping into Spectra bottles, don't need to get adapter. Avent bottles are very wide, so if you want to pump direct into the Avent bottle and say you are using size 25mm flange, then you will need - 25mm flange - Spectra/Avent Wide Adapter 1 pair. hope this answers your question. :)

morning mommies,

can i check for those under KKH? is there any program for taking care of the baby and husband can join in? i dont see it in their website?

cynn04, doing most of anything is exhausting for me at this point already!! and not even 3rd trimester yet. my turn to have an Xmas party at friend's place this week, on Xmas eve. will probably park myself at one corner and stuff my face silly the whole evening. I probably won't even care if the kids eat anything or not. just want to enjoy this Xmas. next year's Xmas will be pretty chaotic! :p

happycsk, flanges are the 2 funnel-shaped things that come into contact with your breasts while pumping.

the two Spectra sets I ordered came with 2 sets of flanges (25mm and 28mm). these are the most common sizes and majority of Asian mums will fit. 30mm is too big lah! I doubt the nipple will expand that much unless you are super well-endowed and already have large nipples to begin with! btw, how come the seller not giving you the 2 sets FOC? must pay?

the adapters are for pumping into different brand bottles. if pumping into Spectra bottles, don't need to get adapter. Avent bottles are very wide, so if you want to pump direct into the Avent bottle and say you are using size 25mm flange, then you will need - 25mm flange - Spectra/Avent Wide Adapter 1 pair. hope this answers your question. :)

ohhh thank you very much for explaining! I really damn blur!
The seller package is Breast Pump Full set includes Pump, power adapter, 2 flanges, 2 tubing,2 valves, 2 x backflow protector, 2 x 160ml milk bottle. Seller selling at $310 without adapter.
So it seems to only include 1 set of flanges only i think and I can choose the size I want.
I'm thinking of tommee tippee bottles so probably won't need the adapter I guess. I think if I manage to pump successfully also will store the BM in BM bags, probably won't pump direct into the bottle for feeding.

I just visited the qoo10 link, seems like S1 double is OOS for now but the price should be about $300 with delivery. Quite good price!

meoow30, are you worried about plastic toxins??
Plastic toxins from where? From the steriliser? Could it happen?? I nvr heard of..can u educate me please? I just think why is it china pdt..Starry, I think you are a very very experienced mommy. Everything you seem to know so well and can advise ppl like us. We really fortunate to have you around..thank you so much :)

Just wondering anyone buy baby cot liao? I saw a baby cot from mothercare site soooo tempted to buy now but like sooo early. lol

You can buy now and ask them to deliver nearer to your due date... That's what I did for my #1...

thanks for the suggestion. but i think they cannot leh...coz it's part of their pre-order sale and within 3 days they will call and arrange date for delivery probably in coming week. So I think cannot hold delivery...maybe they want to clear existing space in their warehouse. reason why it's tempting is because now their darlington cot bed is priced at $499 bundled with mattress, UP will be $843.

Not sure if mothercare often have sales like that?

Starry, my hubby was chasing my gal round and round to eat and drink yesterday haha! I dun care la, just sit there and chit chat hehe.

I try to get bpa-free stuff as much as I can? Bottles, kids utensils etc. but nowadays everything made in china so cannot avoid le…

Winding things down at work during these 2 weeks so can stay home abit. This rainy season is a headache. Bring my clothes out… bring my clothes in… bring out again and thunderstorm!!

meoow30, haha! no lah, I wasn't saying that Pigeon has plastic toxins or that China-made products are not safe. when you are expecting #3 like me, you will be as experienced, if not even better. it comes with age. heehee! :D

well, I have a colleague who is very scared of plastic products. she will go for glass as much as possible, saying that she's concerned about toxins in the plastic leeching into the food we eat. I just roll-eyes whenever I hear her say this.. how to avoid plastics?? the food containers and milk bottles etc are all plastics lor,, so as much as possible, just try to go for BPA-free plastic products. I think that is good enough bah. like what cynn04 said, too many items commonly used in our lives are made in China. those clothes and toys you see sold on USA websites? they are mostly from China. even the premium brands. from electronics, to baby food containers, pillows, blankets, swaddles etc.. all from China!

happycsk, I personally think it is safe to just go for the 25mm standard flange. only if you feel that your nipples (not areola, which is the brown part around the nipples) are really big now plus you are a C/D cup girl then I say go for 28mm. last time what I did was pump direct into the bottles that come together with the breastpump set, then pour into milk bags for storage. the only downside is that it is troublesome to transfer milk from bag into bottle to feed baby.

some parents are concerned about cross contamination, especially if another person (eg. hubby, maid, nanny) were to handle the transferring of milk, so they would rather pump direct into the bottle and feed direct from bottle. it's personal preference, really.. don't get the adapter first till baby is out, with a routine established and you know what best fits your schedule. :)

Hi all, i am a new MTB. Due date is around 26/05/15. Now about 17 weeks. going for my detailed scan in 07th Jan at KKH with Dr KC.

Just a few question to ask.
- the last round i went to Dr, he said my bb size is about 10.5cm at 17weeks. Is it considered small?
- have you started booking for post jamu massages? is it home-based or salon type?
- i started to have pain around the tummy area at 16wks. is it considered as braxton hick as per what dr diagnosed?
- what do i need to prepare on the day of hospital admission? bag, diapers, baby clothes, baby sock, ?
- which insurance is the best to go for? AXA, AIA or Prudential

Hi Mummy81, I'm also a new MTB. Due date is near yours, on 29th May.

- I went for a scan during my 16th week, and baby was about 10cm; so I guess it should be an average-sized baby.
- No clue about the massages...
- Sometimes, I'll get a crampy feeling in my lower abdomen, near my pelvic area... I think it's due to muscle stretching? I was a little worried as the ache went on for 2 to 3 hours...
- I need prep tips for baby bag as well; can't help you on that.
- I'm looking to get either AXA or the OCBC/tied with Great Eastern package.

All the best to you too!

New MTB here, EDD on 29/05/2015:

Very personal question, nothing to do with baby -
I've been getting recurring yeast infection on a monthly basis after pregnancy, and there is no way that I can use OTC-medication like Canestan, to treat it.

Any MTB out there who is facing the same issue? It's so uncomfortable.... And yet there's nothing you can do.

Any tips?

ellieteow, best speak with your gynae on the yeast infection. I had that after baby came out and it was super irritating. no matter what I do/eat, it wouldn't go away so just endured till it went off on its own. was taking prebiotic and probiotic capsules to combat the yeast infection that time.

happycsk, I personally think it is safe to just go for the 25mm standard flange. only if you feel that your nipples (not areola, which is the brown part around the nipples) are really big now plus you are a C/D cup girl then I say go for 28mm. last time what I did was pump direct into the bottles that come together with the breastpump set, then pour into milk bags for storage. the only downside is that it is troublesome to transfer milk from bag into bottle to feed baby.

some parents are concerned about cross contamination, especially if another person (eg. hubby, maid, nanny) were to handle the transferring of milk, so they would rather pump direct into the bottle and feed direct from bottle. it's personal preference, really.. don't get the adapter first till baby is out, with a routine established and you know what best fits your schedule. :)

thanks dear. I think I will just go for the default 25mm.

Please dont laugh at me cos i really first time. Ah. the milk actually comes from the nipples or the areola?

newbiemum80, from nipples! :) nipples have a lot of small tiny holes where milk will come out from. when you experience let down, you will see milk literally jetting out from several openings at once.

Went for my apptm this morn n saw bb 'talking'! Lol his mouth was opening n closing as if he has alot to say! So cute! My gynae scheduled me for detail scan 2wks later at gleneagles itself..

newbiemum80, from nipples! :) nipples have a lot of small tiny holes where milk will come out from. when you experience let down, you will see milk literally jetting out from several openings at once.

Actually now i already hv abit of bm coming out le. Can see the dried up stains on my bra.

Actually now i already hv abit of bm coming out le. Can see the dried up stains on my bra.
is it normal? i attended one of the seminar talks by miss wong BB. she say cannot play with nipples then will have contraction ah? i dont dare to squeeze to see if got BM come out. in fact, i dont dare to touch the breast at all haha

is it normal? i attended one of the seminar talks by miss wong BB. she say cannot play with nipples then will have contraction ah? i dont dare to squeeze to see if got BM come out. in fact, i dont dare to touch the breast at all haha

Oh its normal, i tink my milk ducts "activated" before so got this situation abit earlier. U might get this during your third tri too. Its just our body preparing for breast feeding. And nope, did not squeeze breasts or anything. How to? Still quite painful to even wear bra.

I have been trying to feel any bb kicks...Got feel weird weird above belly or somwehere there and duno if they are baby kicks. Haaahaa me abt just 18wk now.

I have been trying to feel any bb kicks...Got feel weird weird above belly or somwehere there and duno if they are baby kicks. Haaahaa me abt just 18wk now.

Usually below the belly button, lower abdomen area. Dun worry you shld be feeling the kicks soon!

bubbleslovesbubbly, that's so cute! I didn't know Gleneagles has detailed scan also. you will be delivering there too?

I saw my gynae and little one yesterday evening too! finally, after 4 weeks. :D he was so active, kept moving during the scan. didn't help that my hubby and Dr Yam were going on about some menopausal women and we were all laughing so hard for a while that the measurements were impossible to take.

cynn04, same here! a bit of colostrum coming out while massaging the boobs in the shower. it's a SIGN!! lol!

m&m2304, I'm 21 weeks and feeling the kicks right below belly button. gynae confirmed yesterday that baby's head down at the moment., hence feeling the movements high up. a week ago, he was upright and I kept feeling my bladder being kicked at. you will be feeling these movements soon enough! mine's kicking so hard at times that if I looked carefully at my stomach, I will see it twitch.

@m&m2304, you will feel baby kicks become stronger n stronger. I start to feel baby kicks at almost 18 weeks, but only me can feel the kicks and need to concentrate to feel the baby kicks. I am at week 22 now, can feel baby kick stronger than before and even can share the baby kicks with my hubby. Hubby can feel baby kicks obviously when he put his hands on my tummy.

My baby like mozart song very much, everytime I play that music, he become so active. lols....

mylilsheep, finally can share the special moment with your hubby. he must be in awe!! remember to video down the movements when it gets big enough to be captured on camera. :)

how do you play music to baby now? I have bought the BellyBuds and still waiting for it to arrive.

@starrymommy, you mean to video down my tummy or when do the ultrasound? Coz my gynae did not allow any video recording when scanning. Now I still cannot see my tummy skin moving, only can feel it. I heard some other mummies baby kicks press so hard and you can see baby's footprint on your tummy. lols....

I just play music loudly from my iphone, no special devices. Actually even at night, when my hubby back from work and we talk, sometime baby kicks. I told hubby, baby could hear daddy's voice now.

mylilsheep, video down tummy movements! hee hee! the one about seeing baby's footprint is a myth. skin is not so thin until can see the outline of the foot. the most I could see was my tummy turning into an odd shape with baby's elbow/knee jutting out from the side.

@starrymommy, yeahh.... will video record that moment when tummy bigger n the moving can be visually seen.
But my sis told me that she did not even feel tummy moving / turn into odd shape when she pregnant. She said her baby quite quiet inside tummy one.

I'm 19 weeks now. Also still can't feel baby kicks. Just sometimes some weird fluttering feelings. Dunno whether it's baby kick or gas.... I have to wait till Jan for detailed scan before i can see baby again.... I got mc before so i'm very paranoid..... Sometimes when i think abt it i will get worried, dunno how is baby doing inside....

I nt sure about the size of baby.my doc at kkh doesn't measure after 14 wks.

For my previous pregnancy I book jamu massage at home. 10 session. I think about $550 I paid 3 yrs ago.

During my last admission I bring a pair of cloths for myself and baby to change when going home. I think its call mittens those use to cover baby hands n feet? I also bring those. Diapers, milk, pad, provided by kk, chargable to your bill. Nurse will advise you to breast feed.

Personally I applied for prudential prufirst gift which is insurance for mama n unborn baby.

thanks for the information & assurance :D
And Welcome!!

Hi Mummy81, I'm also a new MTB. Due date is near yours, on 29th May.

- I went for a scan during my 16th week, and baby was about 10cm; so I guess it should be an average-sized baby.
- No clue about the massages...
- Sometimes, I'll get a crampy feeling in my lower abdomen, near my pelvic area... I think it's due to muscle stretching? I was a little worried as the ache went on for 2 to 3 hours...
- I need prep tips for baby bag as well; can't help you on that.
- I'm looking to get either AXA or the OCBC/tied with Great Eastern package.

All the best to you too!

thanks for the information & assurance!! :D
Glad i came in to the right place for more information!!

m&m2304 and Minn07, have a little bit of patience and more confidence in your little one! I know if can be unnerving at times when you can't feel movement, but it will start soon for you ladies, I promise! once you hit 20-21 weeks, the movements will be hard to ignore. :) in fact, if you feel some light fluttering 2 inches below the navel or even around the pubic area, high chance it's your little one telling you, "hey mommy! I'm here!!" :D

cynn04, same here! a bit of colostrum coming out while massaging the boobs in the shower. it's a SIGN!! lol!

m&m2304, I'm 21 weeks and feeling the kicks right below belly button. gynae confirmed yesterday that baby's head down at the moment., hence feeling the movements high up. a week ago, he was upright and I kept feeling my bladder being kicked at. you will be feeling these movements soon enough! mine's kicking so hard at times that if I looked carefully at my stomach, I will see it twitch.

Wat sign ah?? Dat my supply is gonna be damn good this time?? Hahaha!

@starrymommy, you mean to video down my tummy or when do the ultrasound? Coz my gynae did not allow any video recording when scanning. Now I still cannot see my tummy skin moving, only can feel it. I heard some other mummies baby kicks press so hard and you can see baby's footprint on your tummy. lols....

I just play music loudly from my iphone, no special devices. Actually even at night, when my hubby back from work and we talk, sometime baby kicks. I told hubby, baby could hear daddy's voice now.

My baby refuse to kick for my hubby lol. Whenever i thot e kicking was quite frequent and ask him to put his hand on my belly to feel, baby will stop kicking. He said liddat must be boy keke

Back