IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi, I will be returning red eggs on 5 Dec and 7 Dec at tpy shuang lin si. You can collect after 11am and 12pm.

Baby dusts to all =)

Hi ladies,

I failed my letrozole cycle. Dr is suggesting IUI for me. But my SIS report show there might be scar in my womb, therefore need to do OP before proceed to IUI. Would like to know if anyone has experienced the OP? Also would like to know what is the difference between IUI and SO-IUI? Any kind soul willing to share?

Hi PreciousBeanie,

I think for IUI, no jabs or medication is required, just follow ur natural ovulation cycle and do the procedure when you are about to ovulate. As for so-iui, gotta take med/jabs. I think the latter is more for woman who do not ovulate as optimally or regularly, more guaranteed in a way.. U can ask ur doc which is more suitable for u. Hope this helps!

Hi charlottejulie,

Thanks for the reply. I think my Dr meant SO-IUI for me.. Coz I don't really ovulate every time.. Have u done IUI before? Can share with me ur experience if u had. Thanks

Hello ladies, jus finished my so IUI, takes abt 5mins, need to drink at least 2cups of plain water before the procedure, feeling somethng clamping, twisting and later on burning sensation but bearable, after tat done and feel Abit clampy at abdominal. That's all. Gd luck to all of us! Merry Xmas ! May all wishes come true!

Hello ladies, jus finished my so IUI, takes abt 5mins, need to drink at least 2cups of plain water before the procedure, feeling somethng clamping, twisting and later on burning sensation but bearable, after tat done and feel Abit clampy at abdominal. That's all. Gd luck to all of us! Merry Xmas ! May all wishes come true!

Thanks for sharing. Can I check with you after the IUI, did ur doctor give you some MC to rest?

Merry Xmas to all ladies!! May all get our wish come true!!

Yes on the day of IUI, doc will issue 1day MC only, can resume normal routine activity as usual next day. Will feel sleepy after took the medicine.

Why do we need to take Azithromycin??? It's antibiotic...

After IUI how long later u went back for review? Do u still BD before & after IUI??
Hi, the nurse mentioned is against infection, after IUI, 2wks later, need to take hcg blood test to test whether preggy, if menses arrive then no need to go and wait for February for doc review and advise further step.
The guide mentioned is Can have safety precaution bd before process, after IUI, can bd 2days late (no safety precaution). I heard the doc told a lady lying jus beside me, after mine 5mins is her turn. The doc told her to continue bd after procedure as I think her chance not so high, we will get to see our hubby results too, mus be more than >1million count then mine is 4mil, she only told me got chances of triplets, so I jus lie down in disbelief.

Anything to prepare before SO IUI? Like avoid cold food or eat pu to help ?

Hi, nothing to prepare, I jus drink bazhen soup & eat salmon with veg , drink more hot milo 1-2days before the process. 1-2hrs before drink 2cups of plain water, ate 1 neurofen tablet (painkiller).

Hi, the nurse mentioned is against infection, after IUI, 2wks later, need to take hcg blood test to test whether preggy, if menses arrive then no need to go and wait for February for doc review and advise further step.
The guide mentioned is Can have safety precaution bd before process, after IUI, can bd 2days late (no safety precaution). I heard the doc told a lady lying jus beside me, after mine 5mins is her turn. The doc told her to continue bd after procedure as I think her chance not so high, we will get to see our hubby results too, mus be more than >1million count then mine is 4mil, she only told me got chances of triplets, so I jus lie down in disbelief.

Hi what do u mean by can have safety precaution bd? Like must wear C? Y cannot have normal bd? As for ur hub, did he release a few days before procedure?

Hi what do u mean by can have safety precaution bd? Like must wear C? Y cannot have normal bd? As for ur hub, did he release a few days before procedure?
Yes wear C but better dont bd, cos anytime may ask u to inject the ovulation trigger shot when doc see ur eggs are ready, no release before procedure cos the doc advise to have plenty volume n fresh for submission.

Eggscatcher.. how r u?

Hi angleeyore, I am fine, felt so crampy for past 2wks, pain until felt aslp, is like having menses feeling but no physical blood.
still v sore boobs, but tis 2days felt better, tis 2days hv spotting then don't have Le, waiting for blood test and see how.pray hard :) U?

Yes got test last 3days is negative, tis morn late for work so didn't test, hmm scared is false alarm, try not to get my hopes high, during these few days Google a lot, no sore boobs n spotting can still be preggy, most impt is blood test. When is urs?

Back