(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Wah all gain so little only. I gain like 13kg going 14kg liao. Oh dear. Initially I limit myself to 10kg but like keep increasing even though I nv eat so much):

I also gained 13kg at 32w , Tmr going for my 35w checkup... I bet my weight gain is more than that already and I am not slim to start with. I am 171cm and hitting 80kg FAINT. I look like a whale now. Every time the nurse at my Gynae after taking my weight she shake her head... But she say she can't tell where my weight gain went to, probably my tummy. 好安慰.

lol! No choice leh. I don't want doc to cut me Hahha. But my hubby also lazy. Everytime timed me properly. Haven 10mins already want to stop.
They say don't use baby oil.
Either vitamin e oil, vege oil or lubricant.

I am using lubricant lol
Lol your hubs very good hor..help u massage. Think mine will be too scared to do it..haha

Sianz I went ntuc just now no more.. didn't manage to buy :(
Cold storage also sell

They even have those fancy coconut jelly too

ImageUploadedByForum1419248603.832510.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1419248614.132039.jpg

I got these from there

I also gained 13kg at 32w , Tmr going for my 35w checkup... I bet my weight gain is more than that already and I am not slim to start with. I am 171cm and hitting 80kg FAINT. I look like a whale now. Every time the nurse at my Gynae after taking my weight she shake her head... But she say she can't tell where my weight gain went to, probably my tummy. 好安慰.
Hahah! Wah 171cm so tall! I am only 152. Going 56kg liao):

man... I wld love to gorge myself silly on apple crumble, tiramisu, ice cream etc etc when it's near D-day...provided I am well within my weight gain target (originally aimed to be < 10kg, now I am thinking of <8kg, as of my 32nd wk apt on 12 dec..wt gain is 4.3kg) throw all caution to the wind re my supposed GDM.

Wow, 4.3kg is amazing! I have gained 14kg so far... I noticed my weight is stagnant these 2 wks though. Even though my appetite nowadays is damn good... can eat double portion pasta :eek: From the back all my colleagues say still cannot tell I'm preggy. I'm still squeezing into my usual stretchy dresses (though it's getting tighter n shorter by the day), final stretch already, I don't want to spend money on maternity wear. From the front, they say it's very obvious I'm having a boy, cos they say my bump is very pointy.

I think sometimes we think too much especially nearing the end of pregnancy. U learnt hypnobirthing before. Why dont u practise the relaxation techniques to get to sleep?
Last night I try to relax and managed to sleep the entire night. Though I did wake up to pee, I still could get back to sleep.

I should try that ya. Got to borrow the book again. Dunno where I throw the cd to

Surprising I dun have obvious stretch mark this round cos I had more bird nest for this pregnancy

your princess not as big as your elder one ma... so your skin is not fully stretched as the first... i would have thot this way....

haha that means losing abt 20+ kg from my current weight. wootz. perhaps.. JC weight? LOL. That is abt 15-20kg I think.

btw I am hoping my girl doesn't come too early. then I can avoid CNY. I rly rly feel like avoiding it liao...damn sian to go visiting nowadays

Actually I dun mind going to 拜年,to me, it's for my bb to get angpow, so that I can recoup what I have given out in the past 3 years!

24th Dec, Wednesday, 1pm??
Any preferred venue?? I would preferred venue near Bugis, City Hall, Douby Ghaut, Somerset, orchard

@GetawayJunkie @fluffy_fluffy

Orchard area is good for me, cuz I got direct bus from office! But hor, I just realised sth, my coy have not declared Christmas eve as half day yet! Dunno why they take so long to announce such things.... Grr... If end up working full day, I will be :mad::mad::mad: but I think I can still head out for lunch with u all lah.

your princess not as big as your elder one ma... so your skin is not fully stretched as the first... i would have thot this way....
Not true leh..

My #2 was much smaller than #1.. I also had alot of stretch marks...

Now this #3 really like water melon markings n my skin very sensitive now... painful ..

N I juz realised these few days I grown fatter. I can't fit in some of my maternity clothes already
N today sil juz commment that my tummy looks the same size... but then I look fatter.. die liao lah !!!how to lose the weight ..

i dont dare to drink coconut water,, can i sub it with birdsnest?

Just drink coconut water in moderation will do; that's what my TCM doc advised me - to drink for two weeks before EDD. The benefits of drinking coconut water in the 3rd tri are more well-studied than birds nest, plus I don't think they have the same benefits anyway.

We can take panadol now, but can we take panadol menstrual? I can't find the regular panadol....
I was always told to take panadol normal, don't take other forms of panadol during pregnancy.

Can someone get it at a convenience shop for you? 7-11, Cheers cfm have Panadol normal.

I shared this on my FB wall after posting it in our secret group, and said that this applies to ANY announcements, not just birth, but also pregnancy, death, wedding, separations etc etc.

Then I received a PM from my friend and asked me if it was because she commented on a photo someone posted of a preggie me.

So I replied her honestly, I did delete a congratulatory message that she posted on my wall after that comment.

Then she got all defensive and said that "But you know everyone can see that picture right? Why didn't you untag yourself. Blah blah blah".

I said, since ppl already tagged me already, and I only found out quite late, what's the point in hiding. Anyway, it's over so long ago (the picture was posted in Sep, I think), so it doesn't matter anyway.

Then after that I said, it's only a general reminder to tell people to be careful with what they post on the WWW and it's commonly courtesy to ask first before posting such things.

After that quiet for a very long while...

And then she messaged me and said...

Anyway i realized u blocked me fr seeing all ur tagged photos (I changed my settings such that only close friends can see tagged photos).... hope really is over alr.. later next thing i know is u block me. I noe saying sorry now is no use...

=.=

I didn't even block her! Yes I changed my privacy settings but it applied to everyone! Why are ppl so sensitive and so serious over a simple post on FB??? Why do I always kenna this kind of BS????

beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

Last edited:
I shared this on my FB wall after posting it in our secret group, and said that this applies to ANY announcements, not just birth, but also pregnancy, death, wedding, separations etc etc.

Then I received a PM from my friend and asked me if it was because she commented on a photo someone posted of a preggie me.

So I replied her honestly, I did delete a congratulatory message that she posted on my wall after that comment.

Then she got all defensive and said that "But you know everyone can see that picture right? Why didn't you untag yourself. Blah blah blah".

I said, since ppl already tagged me already, and I only found out quite late, what's the point in hiding. Anyway, it's over so long ago (the picture was posted in Sep, I think), so it doesn't matter anyway.

Then after that I said, it's only a general reminder to tell people to be careful with what they post on the WWW and it's commonly courtesy to ask first before posting such things.

Anyway i realized u blocked me fr seeing all ur tagged photos (I changed my settings such that only close friends can see tagged photos).... hope really is over alr.. later next thing i know is u block me. I noe saying sorry now is no use...

=.=

I didn't even block her! Yes I changed my privacy settings but it applied to everyone! Why are ppl so sensitive and so serious over a simple post on FB??? Why do I always kenna this kind of BS????

Huh... That's so long ago!! I would not even send you a message to ask such a question if I were her. It only goes to show how overly sensitive she is. I don't think anyone should take to heart such a general post in FB on your FB wall. Haha..

I was the one who shared that picture in our WA chat. Only because I also had an online friend who recognised my nick and profile picture here in the forum and started to congratulate me in my FB when I was barely 8 weeks preggy. I deleted her comment but didn't say anything. But I really thought it's common sense. Since many mummies are popping one by one, I thought it's interesting to share once again. Because I really want to be the one announcing it to my family and close friends in FB or WA when I pop! I don't want to receive messages like "Why am I not the first to know, how come you didn't inform me, when or what time did you deliver, etc.." Because I like to put it nicely in the picture myself to announce it to everyone at the same time. Lol :D

I went for my gynae appointment yesterday too! Baby is 3109g at 38 weeks 2 days. Only gained 200g in two weeks! And my weight has been stagnant at 59kg since my last appointment at 36 weeks. Total weight gain on myself is 7kg! Gynae said it's too little. Maybe I should eat more.. But I have lost all cravings and no appetite to eat when my belly is already so huge. Sitting down is a chore! Just hope baby arrives safe and sound. A healthy baby is all I ask for! :)

And my braxton hicks are becoming strong and painful. But they are irregular so I doubt it's the real thing. I have never experienced this for #1 and #2. Any mummy with similar experience? I forgot to highlight to gynae earlier on...

I went for my gynae appointment yesterday too! Baby is 3109g at 38 weeks 2 days. Only gained 200g in two weeks! And my weight has been stagnant at 59kg since my last appointment at 36 weeks. Total weight gain on myself is 7kg! Gynae said it's too little. Maybe I should eat more.. But I have lost all cravings and no appetite to eat when my belly is already so huge. Sitting down is a chore! Just hope baby arrives safe and sound. A healthy baby is all I ask for! :)

And my braxton hicks are becoming strong and painful. But they are irregular so I doubt it's the real thing. I have never experienced this for #1 and #2. Any mummy with similar experience? I forgot to highlight to gynae earlier on...

In the end, I took ibrupofen for my braxton hicks. Read online babycenter can take panadol. But no normal panadol.

We've the same edd :) when I did a CTG yesterday, I apparently had one braxton hicks contraction but I thought it was just baby moving about. My gynae said that as long as it's irregular and does not intensify, it's just practice contractions. So you can probably keep that in mind :) for me, it's not the braxton hicks that are painful but I've mild cramping almost daily for short periods of time. They usually go away after a good rest. Anyway, I've insomnia again last night :( wide eyed since 3am plus after going to pee..sigh!

We've the same edd :) when I did a CTG yesterday, I apparently had one braxton hicks contraction but I thought it was just baby moving about. My gynae said that as long as it's irregular and does not intensify, it's just practice contractions. So you can probably keep that in mind :) for me, it's not the braxton hicks that are painful but I've mild cramping almost daily for short periods of time. They usually go away after a good rest. Anyway, I've insomnia again last night :( wide eyed since 3am plus after going to pee..sigh!
Haha actually i still dont understand what is braxton hicks! But i do feel my right stomach painful.. Like some cramps.. I had to walk slowly/soh my stomach..

And same! I had insomnia.. But i refused to use my phone.. Kept closing my eyes and thinking how to breastfeed next time.. Lol

Why never highlight to gynae.. Aiyo
Every pregnancy is different !!!

I slept at ard 1am but again #1 woke me up at 5.30am for diaper change then milk then start talking to me non-stop abt random things. I was so tired and irritated I start pushing him away, whereby after crying for 2min, he finally fall asleep. But I got to b up by 7ish to reach tmc for e detailed scan. Still waiting to get register... So many walk-in today. Feeling tired and hungry. Can't wait to go eat some Delifrance. Smell too good when I walk-in just now

I think it is partially due to the fact that I got some "reserves" haha. I think my pre-preg wt is = to what some of u r weighing now... started with 64.5kg...

I started at 68kg... :oops:

Wah all gain so little only. I gain like 13kg going 14kg liao. Oh dear. Initially I limit myself to 10kg but like keep increasing even though I nv eat so much):
I overweight to begin with.. haha

Just drink coconut water in moderation will do; that's what my TCM doc advised me - to drink for two weeks before EDD. The benefits of drinking coconut water in the 3rd tri are more well-studied than birds nest, plus I don't think they have the same benefits anyway.

I drink once a wk since 30wks. not a fan of coconut water but grown to like it especially since now very heaty. haha
I drink bird nest bi weekly, my dad's customer very good, the old aunty always make bird nest for him to bring back home and its those gao gao bird nest. :p save $$ big time.

=.=

I also change my setting to approve tagged photos of me before posting on my fb. I did it not becoz I don't want pp to know I am pregnant but I got a rude ex colleague who like to take pic of pp in their most unglam post... Pic of you in the middle of eating, laughing with mouth wide wide open.... that kind....... faintz... we told her not to take pic of us eating but she doesn't listen... annoying.

sometime we can't hear the tone of the message, we interpreted the msg differently.

1 finger = 1cm...
Thank yiu:)

I thought as long as baby is growing well it doesn't matter how little we gain right?

Recently reading so many Jan mummies giving birth this month, make me so tense up. I keep dreaming im going to give birth too than sudd wake up. Sweat!! Me only wk 34 so abit too early for me. Moreover hubby outstation till Sat than back. Double stress.

I also change my setting to approve tagged photos of me before posting on my fb. I did it not becoz I don't want pp to know I am pregnant but I got a rude ex colleague who like to take pic of pp in their most unglam post... Pic of you in the middle of eating, laughing with mouth wide wide open.... that kind....... faintz... we told her not to take pic of us eating but she doesn't listen... annoying.

sometime we can't hear the tone of the message, we interpreted the msg differently.
Haha excellent photography skills!

Back