IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yes, I told my hubby the same thing, there is no stress if we drive back. Some more, if I can't go home during CNY, sure my parent n sibling will very sad, I will very upset too. Due to TTC, It's been more than half year I not go home already...

Normally my sister will tag on my car go home for CNY every year, so I need to inform her earlier if I can't make it this year, then she could buy air ticket fly back.

i'm sure your parents & sister will understand if you can't go kl if you are in a preggy state and need to stay in Sg for rest as suggested by your hubby. As ron rightly pointed out, it is an uncertain journey and *touch wood* that should it not work out, u dont want to deal with any regrets for not taking your hubby's advice even though it may or may not be even related to the trip at all. cny happens every year but not a pregnancy. if i were you i will just stay put in Singapore and enjoy the peace & quiet.

is the trip taxing n tiring? if not should be okay since KL is near... importantly is to speak to yr hubby. if he strongly disagree then better not. then again u can spend the cny in spore, sure yr family members can understand. else u just tell doc u change to do it next mth.

I hv a fren who miscarriage her 3rd child after going one day of cny visiting. This same friend also sit roller coaster while preggy with 2nd child - also no issue with her preganancy. So it really varies. Some people say if it's a abnormal issue, the body will know and auto discharge the embryo so its like a natural miscarriage to our body.

Last edited:
crinone now. I like it so easy to use. no need to use finger to push in as quite messy and for my case not much discharge on panties like utrogestan. think it got absorbed really inside.

yesterday I sit at home watch tv wirh my legs wide open. hubby came home and ask why I sit like that. no choice now i felt my tummy is so bloated that it felt like of heavy. btw my cramps get better already.

think tmrw whem return to work sure people will ask... cos i look like mysil tummy who is due in april. I hv a tummy to begin with now it looks bloated up. and worse my hubby say I look different when I walk like a duck waddling with a heavy tummy. eh.. not even 8 weeks I look like that already. and I cant get up when o sit on the floor. I need a chair to support. so much changes in just 2 weeks. btw my flu like symptom is auto gone in 2 weeks!

insomnia again... I slept at 11pm, suddenly now feel v awake at 1am, high tide hungry. and I put on 400g in abt 2 weeks from my ET to today.

Last edited:
hi babes, does it even make sense to monitor basal temperature while on ivf cycle or would the drugs affect such reading if at all? i got a dip today (5dp3dt) and obviously so hoping it is an 'implantation dip' but i wouldnt know till tomorrow i guess. is it too early? i just had a pregnyl jab yesterday but i have no symptoms nothing is happening. haha.. going wonkers. do you still take your temp on cycle?

crinone now. I like it so easy to use. no need to use finger to push in as quite messy and for my case not much discharge on panties like utrogestan. think it got absorbed really inside.

yesterday I sit at home watch tv wirh my legs wide open. hubby came home and ask why I sit like that. no choice now i felt my tummy is so bloated that it felt like of heavy. btw my cramps get better already.

think tmrw whem return to work sure people will ask... cos i look like mysil tummy who is due in april. I hv a tummy to begin with now it looks bloated up. and worse my hubby say I look different when I walk like a duck waddling with a heavy tummy. eh.. not even 8 weeks I look like that already. and I cant get up when o sit on the floor. I need a chair to support. so much changes in just 2 weeks. btw my flu like symptom is auto gone in 2 weeks!

insomnia again... I slept at 11pm, suddenly now feel v awake at 1am, high tide hungry. and I put on 400g in abt 2 weeks from my ET to today.

i'd rather also be waddling like a duck and be preggers! :p mrs tann u are so cute & funny:)

Congrats. Just watch out for chunky discharge from the crinone after 3-5 days. Hehe.. Hv u tried ginger tea? Maybe can give u some relieve from the bloatedness.

i'm sure your parents & sister will understand if you can't go kl if you are in a preggy state and need to stay in Sg for rest as suggested by your hubby. As ron rightly pointed out, it is an uncertain journey and *touch wood* that should it not work out, u dont want to deal with any regrets for not taking your hubby's advice even though it may or may not be even related to the trip at all. cny happens every year but not a pregnancy. if i were you i will just stay put in Singapore and enjoy the peace & quiet.

My family won't understand coz I tell nobody about my ivf....so right now I'm start creating a story to my family that my hubby may need to travel aboard and sure I will follow him....alamak, im a big liar!!!

is the trip taxing n tiring? if not should be okay since KL is near... importantly is to speak to yr hubby. if he strongly disagree then better not. then again u can spend the cny in spore, sure yr family members can understand. else u just tell doc u change to do it next mth.

I hv a fren who miscarriage her 3rd child after going one day of cny visiting. This same friend also sit roller coaster while preggy with 2nd child - also no issue with her preganancy. So it really varies. Some people say if it's a abnormal issue, the body will know and auto discharge the embryo so its like a natural miscarriage to our body.

My family know nothing about my IVF, so I'm now start creating story to my mum that I may not go home this year coz hubby may need to travel aboard....em...I'm being a big liar!
In fact, I think the trip is quite relaxing, my hubby just take few hours to drive back. And at home town, no need bother household and 3 meals, mum will cook and do every thing, haha I just sleep and eat.

Jts: I used to have bad quality eggs. Even from my 1st 2 cycles I get the same comment from the embryologist. N also I had a d&c. Did a chromosome test and it cfmed that there is an issue wif my egg quality. After that I took a lot of supplements n also continued my TCM. Finally all paid off and this cycle quality has increased. So sometimes patience pay off. To let the supplements and TCM work, you need at least 3 mths.
I find that the accu helps wif my quantity n the supplements help wif my quality..

Hi, I'm new here. May I ask what exactly the supplements u all are taking? Currently I'm taking:
1) DHEA
2) Pre-natal
3) folic acid

I'm thinking additional ones
1) Omega 3 fatty acid
2) Immunology
4) Coq10

congrats!!!!! best xmas present!!!

after lunch today I felt like a duck again. when I see the lift door closing and try to quicken my steps, I realised I can't!!

Thanks ladies, it was indeed an pleasantly unexpected Xmas present! To think that just 2 days ago I was asking my hubby when he thought would be a good time for our next ivf attempt...

Now just need to wait for my ultrasound & doctor's appointment next month. hope everything is fine *fingers crossed*

Pray that it works out for all of you too!

Congrats @ricecracker. A word of advise for those bfp. Its holiday season and there are many gatherings to go. But please rest well.
I have been going out for the past few days with gatherings and shopping for new furnitures for new house. Had a scan by doc and everything was fine. But the moment I reached home, I started sporting. I reckon I must have been too tired.
So please take extra care ya.

so after nurse calls u to inform bfp, do they fix another apptm for a second bt?

wan to ask can we see people move hse? cos a fren is moving out od my hse this wkend.. shld I be ard or stay away?

another fren wedding is in jan. can attend or not?

my co is shifting and should I be around to pack or just move some small items like my stationery even though I may not shift big stuff?

I used to be a silent reader of this thread in 2011-12 when I went through the hardest period in my life. I can only find support and comfort when I came to this forum, as only ladies here understand my feeling.
This is my story:
I started ttc in 2007, went for check up in 2008 and found out that my dh has very low sperm count of only 0.8m. Both of us started seeing Dr Tan Kian Seng in 2009. Did 3 rounds of iui in 2010 but all failed. Finally went to see Dr Loh and started my IVF in 2011. To my dismay, we encountered another problem – I have low reserve. I tried 2 IVFs when Dr Loh was still with KKH, long and short protocol. I had 4 jabs daily for my short protocol. Both times, I yield only 1 egg and transferred only 1 embryo. Both cycles failed.
Dr Loh suggested natural IVF for me before he left KK. I did not follow him to Thomson due to cost concern. I tried natural IVF for about 5-6 times in KK under Dr Sadhana and for each cycle, I did not manage to proceed to ER phase as I always ovulated before ER. Feeling so disappointed, I went to see Dr Loh and I finally succeeded. I gave birth last year and I am blessed with a cute baby boy.
Looking back, the ttc journey was so tough. I cried after each failed cycle, after I had spotting, after AF reported. I feel so jealous when I saw pregnant women on street. I even kept a distance from my friend who got pregnant when I failed my iui/ivf.
Ladies, the journey is tough but don’t give up. I will share here what I have done 1 year before I got pregnant.
Please focus on improving your health – quality of eggs and a good womb are very important.
After I failed my 2nd IVF, I did a detox to clear the chemical before I started supplements and TCM treatment. Below is what I ate/did 1 year before my successful cycle:
· Take immunocal 5x a week
· Take conceive-well, CQ10 (150mg) daily.
· Red dates tea at least 5 times a week.
· Red bean soup before ovulation to thicken the lining
· 2-3 pieces of Brazil nuts daily
· Home made chicken essence weekly
· Accupuncture with Dr Zhao of Raffles Hospital before ovulation. ( I took her med for 2 cycles only)
· Soak my feet in warm water before I went to sleep (as advised by Dr Zhao)
· Wear socks to sleep.
· Avoid liang food, tea, cold drinks, alcohol. Cut down on coffee
· Reiki Healing with Md Valencia Tan (yes, I am so desperate)
· Fertility yoga (recommended by a sister here who succeeded in her 1st natural IVF)
· A lot of praying (temples, Novena church)
· Hubby was more cooperative after 2 failed cycle. He went to see Dr Tan Kian Seng every week diligently.
For my successful cycle, I went back to work 2 days after ET but took leave during implantation days (d5-7 post ET). I wear tummy warmer when at home. As I have failed so many times, I did not pin much hope for that cycle. I did not look for symptoms and think too much. Working is also a good distraction. When I was at home, I read my favourite books and watch comedy. To my surprise, I succeeded. When I look at my baby nowadays, I still couldn’t believe it.
Ladies, jia you.
Hi rice cracker,

Congrats!

Mind telling me what is ur fertility history?

I jus went through 1st attempt ivf. Everything went perfect, lining and eggs (had 11 follicles, 7 retrieved, 5 matured and 4 grade 1 & 2). Did ET of the grade 1 eggs. I had quite high hopes but all gone. Devastated. My mood is still a bit roller coaster. Sometimes still very determined to try another round with frozen 2 eggs but sometimes I jus feel not wanting to pin hopes.

Hello ladies, I am thinking of trying out acupuncture to prepare for my next round.
I have gotten some updates here
1) Dr Zou Yumin
2) Raffles hosp tcm
3) Chinatown tcm
Hee.. Anymore recommendations?

anyone prescribe with Progynova during the cycle? Is this the one that meant for insert for thicking lining? understand that there is oral type as well?

Last edited:
Progynova is taken orally
it is a common pills to take for lining issue? i was told to start taking it the day before my next period start as i am doing cycle in jan)...dun remember i take this during my first cycle. The side effort look horrible from the website...

it is a common pills to take for lining issue? i was told to start taking it the day before my next period start as i am doing cycle in jan)...dun remember i take this during my first cycle. The side effort look horrible from the website...

Yes v common for lining. It's a progesterone support. Also used in FETs to boost lining. As far as I can remember, not much side effect for me although I took it for many rounds of attempts.

Yes v common for lining. It's a progesterone support. Also used in FETs to boost lining. As far as I can remember, not much side effect for me although I took it for many rounds of attempts.

anyone prescribe with Progynova during the cycle? Is this the one that meant for insert for thicking lining? understand that there is oral type as well?
kymkym i was given progynova (blue pills) for my previous cycles..i tried but for oral and insert..apparently insert has less side effects cos bypass the stomach..

actually i had heaadaches from taking it first time..then nurse told me drink more water and take normal panadol..it went away.. The effects not pleasant for my case..

Hi rice cracker,

Congrats!

Mind telling me what is ur fertility history?

I jus went through 1st attempt ivf. Everything went perfect, lining and eggs (had 11 follicles, 7 retrieved, 5 matured and 4 grade 1 & 2). Did ET of the grade 1 eggs. I had quite high hopes but all gone. Devastated. My mood is still a bit roller coaster. Sometimes still very determined to try another round with frozen 2 eggs but sometimes I jus feel not wanting to pin hopes.

Hi littlejo, for me it's always been a case of unexplained infertility, which is irritating cos it's like grabbing at air... Dunno what problems to target, dunno what will help improve chances.

I first tried IUI at a pte clinic maybe about 1.5-2 yrs ago? Had my hubby's semen tested and all, everything seemed fine. But dunno why it just failed. The doc said that we can either try again, or try naturally on our own for a few mths then decide. After that, a fren suggested that I try KKH cos she felt the private docs are more interested in straightforward cases, where they just need to attend to those who are already pregnant & focus on delivering babies.

Finally I decided to go KKH earlier this year. Went thru the entire process of consultations, scans, HSG, blood tests, polyp removal, etc, etc, before going for SO-IUI in Aug/Sep. By then after all those injections I had high hopes, so when this failed I cried buckets.... and same thing, the doc couldn't explain why cos all looked fine on the surface. So she recommended I go straight for IVF instead of another round of SO-IUI, and I managed to meet KKIVF's deadline for the Nov cycle.

Had 16 follicles, 9 retrieved, 7 were matured and 5 fertilized. But out of the 5, only 2 could be used...the rest had to be discarded, so I've got nothing left for freezing. Not sure about the grade though, didn't occur to me to ask then. I'm still quite blur about the whole thing, and not sure what are the questions I need to ask in the first place! Was told that my lining was ok, but just before my ET, the doc mentioned the quality of the embryos weren't so good, which could have been a reason why I had problems conceiving in the first place. When I heard this, I mentally prepared myself that this might not work either.

Though thankfully it's turned out to be a BFP, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed & praying for the best since it's still early stages.... I understand what u mean, it has really been an emotional roller coaster for me too.

Seeing friends & colleagues conceiving so effortlessly has been difficult too (4 of my friends just delivered within the last 2 months alone! :confused:) Although I'm happy for them but can't help but feel extra miserable when that happens. They can just plan when they want another baby, and it just comes....

kymkym i was given progynova (blue pills) for my previous cycles..i tried but for oral and insert..apparently insert has less side effects cos bypass the stomach..
the dosage for oral and insert is the same? i am wondering can i take oral one during period and insert on clean days. these pills can cause cancer according to website...scary

hmm i dun quite remember my dosage cos it was for my fet some donkey years ago...think was it like for oral was once a day one time(for fet one) then for next round fet doc ordered for me to insert 1 or2 i think..wait let me go verify thru my records again later..let u know soon..yes for that hmm..actually ivf drugs are hormones also some are known to be prescribed to breast cancer patients and long run not good...but for us to hv bb is not easy so hv to try...just dun read too much else scare..

hmm i dun quite remember my dosage cos it was for my fet some donkey years ago...think was it like for oral was once a day one time(for fet one) then for next round fet doc ordered for me to insert 1 or2 i think..wait let me go verify thru my records again later..let u know soon..yes for that hmm..actually ivf drugs are hormones also some are known to be prescribed to breast cancer patients and long run not good...but for us to hv bb is not easy so hv to try...just dun read too much else scare..
thanks dear....

kymkym I've checked my records..this year march 14 I did my 3rd fet and my doc ordered 1 progynova to be inserted vaginally every night + an estradoil patch (stick paste on thigh-once every 3 days).. these are estrogen to support lining as our body needs a combination of both estrogen (comes in form of progynova/estrofem/estradoil patch etc) and progesterone (utrogestan/crinone/lutinus all are brand names) but all works in their own ways and doc's own preference of prescription accordingly to our case by case...

On why my protocol different cos I did my cycle overseas and not in Singapore..you might want to check with your doc on his preference on the medications...cos I know my this last 4th fresh at NUH prof wong gave me estrofem inserts instead and when I asked him if I hv my own estrodoil patch from before with me he said no dun use that use what he gave..i supposed from that I derive that each country/hospital the standard protocol of medication is different..

[UOTE="chrisl, post: 7696315, member: 29238"]kymkym I've checked my records..this year march 14 I did my 3rd fet and my doc ordered 1 progynova to be inserted vaginally every night + an estradoil patch (stick paste on thigh-once every 3 days).. these are estrogen to support lining as our body needs a combination of both estrogen (comes in form of progynova/estrofem/estradoil patch etc) and progesterone (utrogestan/crinone/lutinus all are brand names) but all works in their own ways and doc's own preference of prescription accordingly to our case by case...

On why my protocol different cos I did my cycle overseas and not in Singapore..you might want to check with your doc on his preference on the medications...cos I know my this last 4th fresh at NUH prof wong gave me estrofem inserts instead and when I asked him if I hv my own estrodoil patch from before with me he said no dun use that use what he gave..i supposed from that I derive that each country/hospital the standard protocol of medication is different..[/QUOTE]
I am also going to do my cycle overseas too. But to save cost n time I am doing scans n get medicine locally. I just got my plan from them today I am wondering can I do scan n get injection in kkivf or not.... (the dr did not give instruction letter, only email from his assistant)

Ever since last failed cycle, my body has been quite heaty, feel like vomiting n indigestion during ovulation, pain here n there. Lost sex drive. hiaz....

so after nurse calls u to inform bfp, do they fix another apptm for a second bt?

wan to ask can we see people move hse? cos a fren is moving out od my hse this wkend.. shld I be ard or stay away?

another fren wedding is in jan. can attend or not?

my co is shifting and should I be around to pack or just move some small items like my stationery even though I may not shift big stuff?

The nurse called me this morning just to tell me BFP & that I can go down to collect my prescription for medicine. When I went down another nurse passed me my prescription & told me appt has already been fixed for my scan & see doc in Jan. No one mentioned a 2nd BT...

The nurse called me this morning just to tell me BFP & that I can go down to collect my prescription for medicine. When I went down another nurse passed me my prescription & told me appt has already been fixed for my scan & see doc in Jan. No one mentioned a 2nd BT...

U did go for polyp removal before ur bfp. How did u take care after surgery? Can eat spicy food after that?

Ever since last failed cycle, my body has been quite heaty, feel like vomiting n indigestion during ovulation, pain here n there. Lost sex drive. hiaz....

I must say my body also changed quite a bit after my failed ivf

My body has also been quite heaty n Everyone is telling me I've put on weight.I used to be really skinny,but now I'm no longer skinny.I even went jogging three times a week but tummy still quite big.

Hi ladies, went for my CA125 blood test & result is 97 which is 3x the upperlimit of normal (35) Had endo & fibroids. Read tat its a non specific marker..can be high in pple wif endo..hmm

Wonder will it affect my success rate in my upcoming ivf cycle? Anyone with similar story?

Jts: I used to have bad quality eggs. Even from my 1st 2 cycles I get the same comment from the embryologist. N also I had a d&c. Did a chromosome test and it cfmed that there is an issue wif my egg quality. After that I took a lot of supplements n also continued my TCM. Finally all paid off and this cycle quality has increased. So sometimes patience pay off. To let the supplements and TCM work, you need at least 3 mths.
I find that the accu helps wif my quantity n the supplements help wif my quality..
Hi hopeful,
Can I know what supplements did you take? I am embarking IVF in January and really worried.
Thanks!

Tks. Doc is the ivf Doc?

Hi ladies, went for my CA125 blood test & result is 97 which is 3x the upperlimit of normal (35) Had endo & fibroids. Read tat its a non specific marker..can be high in pple wif endo..hmm

Wonder will it affect my success rate in my upcoming ivf cycle? Anyone with similar story?
Hi Syrian, I just checked my report mine is about 53. I had endo & cysts, been on pill for years to control the growth. Already stop taking it last year.
So far when seeing my previous gynae in raffles and current dr tan in kk. They give me a feeling that it's not an issue as long as the size is consistent and no sudden growth. No additional requirement was needed comparing with others with did their ivf. The only thing I had extra is I need to go for a mock ET procedure a month earlier before my ivf starts.

I must say my body also changed quite a bit after my failed ivf

My body has also been quite heaty n Everyone is telling me I've put on weight.I used to be really skinny,but now I'm no longer skinny.I even went jogging three times a week but tummy still quite big.
My tummy never reduced too.. Already been more than a week plus since my last 'insert'. Still having that 'balloon' effect till date

Back