any 35 and above trying for their first?

I understand most ppl don't want to go through ivf route because they feel getting preg is such a natural process n why it has to happen to me. Maybe I try longer n harder it can happen.

Yes it may happen but what if it didn't. By then u already past your age for having a good success rate in ivf. Not forgetting your egg reserve can drop and probably if u have low reserve ivf is not even a option anymore. Cos it is devastating to jab so much n only get two eggs which can't even Fertilised.

Just sharing my thoughts and don't want anyone to regret starting late like me.

When we were much younger, I guess we never could understand when older people said “hai bu kuai dian sheng!”. Now I do haha.

Ok la… got child, no child…. We have to learn to find aspirations to fulfill our life with our significant half.

Have you tried IVF before?
Rach actually I'm same shoes as u. Failed iui twice... Im going for third iui try and next yr maybe ivf if no outcome. Don't give up ya! The key is keep trying and trying. Agree with what jumbo girl said above. Ivf is tough but if don't try also regret and always got what if in my mind.

ya, sometimes I felt I'd have start things earlier instead of 'aiya, I'm still young' mentality, by the time u really want to have kids, obstacles & facts start throwing at you. Agreed with redvel, God has plans for us, but just that sometimes can't help wondering when will be our turn to share with the whole world our joy. But when God finally gave us our own bundle of joy, I'm sure all of us who went thu the hardship will treasure it. Let's jiayou!

I just changed job so don't know if bossss will be supportive anot...
Oh then u may wanna wait a while unless ur bosses are the super pro welfare pro family type. Taking leave off work is another big issue regarding ivf.

That's the thing. I attended the IVF talk and I think need at least 2 weeks of HL...yet on the other hand, I don't wish to wait any longer...

HL is hospitalization leave. It was mentioned at the talk that HL will be given. Think need to rest at home?

Oh ok, i did heard that need rest for ivf, but not too sure about it. Iui is a much simpler procedure but the ride is the same as ivf while waiting for results

HL is actually given for post ER and not exactly for ET.

Some women may experience bloating /ohss after ER and for some, this may happen days/week after the ET. The bloating can be very uncomfortable and if serious, it is really no joke.

So when doc gives HL of 3weeks, it's not because you die die must rest at home after ET. It's for bloating issue just in case.

My doc told me spend the days after ET like normal. Just nothing strenuous. She says better that I live norm than to be at home in bed and start to mind wander and Google from handphone on the symptoms during 2ww. Haha of course I laughed out when she said this to me. Funny but true.

Doc will give the HL but doesn't need to fully utilize it. It's up to you if you want to.

For frozen transfer, my doc still give HL but not as long. Speaking for my case as I know some other ladies get more from other doc/hospital.

Maybe should try again before embarking on IVF. I have tried twice, natural IUI.

How long have you been seeing TCM? What did the sinseh say?

Actually juz few mths, quite recent then i start tcm, a fren did iui 4 times b4 succeed, the emotional journey really is tough

Darkrain, just follow your heart and be comfortable. Tough journey no doubt, be it emotional or physical, slow or fast pace. Most importantly, be perseverance and never give up. Jiayou!!!!

Hi Redvel,

I have always appraise you for having the great positive altitude that you have and that has always been what I believe in.

In life, all of us are pursuing happiness. Health is an important aspect of our life n we mus also take good care.

Dark rain : dun give up. I remember there was once I emailed MCYS on adoption n they responded so fast with a baby gal foto such that I m taken aback. Cos I wanted to jus understand the procedure..shortly after I m preggie but sadly ended in miscarriage.

All of us came a long way n what is remarkable will be the fighting spirit that all of us had. Yeah is hard to relate to people whom preggie easily but most important tin is we know we did our best when we look back.

Jia you ladies. Jus wondering anyone of you have adeyomosis ( aka swollen womb) ? Cos my pain has increases this month n my mense go hey wire.

oceandeep78 : im on ivf cycle no 3 now.

I was missing from here as I was busy ... rushing to fr work, to hospital to scan see doc, see tcm acpuncture, then do egg retrieval and egg transfer. now I hv 2 fertilised embryo inside me and waiting for them stick to me and after xmas do hpt see if I will be preggy.

yes for kkh you will be given 17 to 18 days of hospitalisation leave after egg retrieval from yr ovaries. before that u also have to take many leave or mc to see doctor and do scans. and after 18 days yoy do a blood test to check if u r pregnant.

NUH - I hv attended a fertility talk there where its held in a lecture hall like that with presentations slides then they bring u to the ivf lab/ embryolist lab to see how to do the fertilisation ( its rats egg n sample not human). so its like a lab tour! interesting! not sure they hv it now...

hope to spread baby dust to all!

Last edited:
Sunbelle, pardon my ignorance as I've never heard of this health condition. What's the cause of the swell? Did doc share if it affects fertility? And what's the remedy? It will go away eventually? Am curious.

Redvel : no one know the cause of the swell. According to website, usually ladies with endo will have swollen womb that resulted them in the inability to get preggie. Hard for implantation. Yeah not many ladies will know this problem.

Hahaa mi too, Mdm Tan here ..looks like the tan clan is here for discussion ..:)

In my 2ww but no symptoms at all as usual. Think last month to try before I rest and wait for my IVF in Feb! Very nervous thinking about it as don't know what to expect and how to plan my schedule. Feeling emo tonight because I suspect my colleague is pregnant.

Thanks for sharing, sun belle. I hope the mighty one up there hears your prayer and makes all obstacles less intimidating :)

Haha more Mdm Tan in da house.

Oceandeep, today I am 10dpo and I'm having all symptoms....of AF. :p Ivf is really like a whole new thing but I'm sure the nicest ladies over at the ivf thread will guide you along should you need any kind of support.

I reckon my SIL will be preggie before me. She is married for 6months and I guess they should start to plan for a family since the both hit to 30 mark. I will be delighted if she gets bfp soon! The house is getting quiet without a new member :) (6 of us live under one roof for now).

Thanks for sharing, sun belle. I hope the mighty one up there hears your prayer and makes all obstacles less intimidating :)

Haha more Mdm Tan in da house.

Oceandeep, today I am 10dpo and I'm having all symptoms....of AF. :p Ivf is really like a whole new thing but I'm sure the nicest ladies over at the ivf thread will guide you along should you need any kind of support.

Thanjs redvel for your words of encouragement. It's very comforting :)
Well yeah, you really should be happy for your sil and your life will certainly be much more fun with a baby niece/nephew around :) For me, unfortunately I can't say I will be happy for my colleague because already I am loaded with so much work and I can imagine she will target me to Kop more.

Oceandeep but hor next time another colleague of yours will not be very pleased too because she would be in the same situation as you will be one bfp. :)

Hang in there.

Not a time of the year to think about this anyway. It's a time to be merry and feasting and giving and loving.

Yay here oceandeep comes for the ivf. After quite a wait hor.

Just trust your doc and go with her/his flow. Good luck.

Thanks redvel. I am not mentally prepared for it but hope not to delay any further. Really feel down these days leh. My hubby also doesn't take his medicine regularly. I am so afraid I can't take a failed IVF very well.

Thanks redvel. I am not mentally prepared for it but hope not to delay any further. Really feel down these days leh. My hubby also doesn't take his medicine regularly. I am so afraid I can't take a failed IVF very well.
Good luck to u! Ivf is not easy and nobody can really fully prepare for it! Just gotta take a deep breath and jump. What meds are ur hb on?

Thanks Chloe! He sees the same TCM physician as me. Don't know why so difficult for him to take the medicine as they are just pills. Sigh. His morphology is 0% so I don't know if I should be overly worried. TTC actively for more than a year. Quite tired and running out of stamina.

Oceandeep, can u/stand your frustrations. My hubby even better, didnt even want to see TCM. S.times felt i'm the only one trying my best...

Yes no one will hop into IVF and feel totally prepared and relaxed. There's always so many questions and anxiety.... So it's not just you feeling that way, oceandeep. So many uncertainties in our mind. It's normal! But once you start, you will realise time passes very fast la.

When was the last time the SA was done? Does he need to do another round to see any improvement from 0% morph?

Thanks Chloe! He sees the same TCM physician as me. Don't know why so difficult for him to take the medicine as they are just pills. Sigh. His morphology is 0% so I don't know if I should be overly worried. TTC actively for more than a year. Quite tired and running out of stamina.
Mine don't wanna see tcm as well. Sometimes ask him take supplements also like want his life like that. All the same type one.

My hb will show his displeasure because he feels I am nagging at him. Anyway I need divine powers to help me now haha. With a stressful job, not very good SA results and over 35 years of age, all the odds are against me. Let's all pray for a 2015 with many Bfps!!!

Ocean deep my hb only willing to take supplements after I fail a few times. Man are just not as Gan chiong as us woman. Ivf is not as scary as you think. In fact many ladies succeed after one or two tries. Jia you.

Back