Good Baby Cot Mattress

Phyllis76

Hi all,

I have bought a baby cot in a October 2014 expo that comes with a 3" mattress that is made from coconut husk. My girl slept on it for 2 weeks and then refused to sleep on it anymore. It is either the mattress is too hard or maybe the coconut husk is too strong smell (i remember the pungent smell once i remove the plastic cover). I have to let it air for 2 days. But the smell of the coconut husks is still as strong. My girl kept waking up very 2 hours.. sometime 1 hr later. How we knew it was the mattress? after numerous disturb nights, i decided to place her to sleep on my bed and ironically, she is able to sleep throughout thr night for as long as 8 hrs. But then the baby cot is left aside untouched. I am thinking of getting my girl back on sleeping in her baby cot, so i am looking and asking around to see of there is an recommended mattress that is softer.

I knew babysafe mattress is good
But the price if really scary. So is there any recommendations for any cot mattress?

Babysafe mattress is really good.

My fren's baby had been using for 6 years and I had been using for 2 years.

A good investment. :)

My worry is that my baby does not like sleeping in cot. As of now, I am not sure if it is the mattress or the cot that my baby doesn't like. What if i buy a 200 bucks mattress and baby still doesn't like the mattress. Then I really deep shit. Have bought many toys for her but ended up she doesn't like and I leave it inside the baby cot.

Back