IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi whmc, my scan was on 10th dec, same like you. I saw heartbeat then, but yesterday scan a dr lot, heartbeat stop. monday i am doing d&c. short-lived joy, cried buckets, but mine is already death sentence, for you, there are still some hope for your scan on monday,jiayou!

Xylitol, i feel u totally. Although i havent got to heartbeat stage but it is already painful. Throughout the week, i was hoping that a doc can help me with the bleed.

I keep asking myself, why this happened. I thought i had the perfect gift and miracle.

ron. do u know when doc loh is back fr leave?

bs1970. tks - she is already doing for me. i know the answer already but ust waiting for the BT date for an official one.

since my kkh doc sad is away on leave till 3 jan, I wonder who at kkh will order for a second bt to see the beta increase?

and dr sad does not see patients once they bfp, so if I need to continue at kkh can I ask for hh tan as my gynae?
I think he shld be back after the xmas weekend.

Even if KKH doesnt do the BT for you, you can just to a GP or walk in one of the hosp with labs and request for one. The hosp with labs can give you same day results.

Whmc I believed we chatted a little in my ivf days....

Nothing is concrete now as I see it. Hope for more miracle tomorrow. But whatever happens tomorrow, just make sure your hubby is there with you. Sending well wishes to you.

Mrs-tann, don't know why but I have been awoken few times these days also. I will only drift off to sleep again ard 6am. Aircon not cold la, nasal congestion from a new flu, nv felt such issues b4 recently. Mind & body too sensitive.

Is your pain more a constant feeling or come and go like cramps? Mind sharing your 2ww regime?
Looking good. Hang in there. Be careful if you intend to self medicate :) you sound almost exactly like mrs_tann a week back.

hi whmc, my scan was on 10th dec, same like you. I saw heartbeat then, but yesterday scan a dr lot, heartbeat stop. monday i am doing d&c. short-lived joy, cried buckets, but mine is already death sentence, for you, there are still some hope for your scan on monday,jiayou!
Hugz

Hugs.. It's not easy to go through this. Been thru it and it sucks. But don't give up. We will all bounce back stronger. And yes, do consider a mini confinement. Not sure if your doc has recommended it, but do consider doing a chromosome test.. At least I had a proper closure and try to improve my problem aft I did mine.

If anyone is interested, there's buy 1 get 1 free for CoQ10 at GNC. $127.95, 120 soft gels, 50mg. Think it's till 31 dec.

I intend to take 2 on top of conceive well gold.

For improvement in sperm quality, how many to take? Directions in the bottle says can take 1-3.

thanks all, i am feeling kind of devastated and even more sad this morning. :( i think reality finally sink in..although i did my ivf at kk under dr tan, but i am sick of all the queueing and waiting at kk, hence dr loh will be doing the dnc for me. anyone has any idea the cost of doing dnc with dr loh?

mrs_tann, dr loh mention he will be away from 25th to 29th dec. as for going to KK for a second BT, i do not think you need any doctor's order, you can just go straight and press the queue number for blood taking, and tell them you want to do the blood test.

ron. do u know when doc loh is back fr leave?

bs1970. tks - she is already doing for me. i know the answer already but ust waiting for the BT date for an official one.

since my kkh doc sad is away on leave till 3 jan, I wonder who at kkh will order for a second bt to see the beta increase?

and dr sad does not see patients once they bfp, so if I need to continue at kkh can I ask for hh tan as my gynae?
Dr loh is back on 3 jan,e tfc nurse told me when i called yesterday to make some enquiry

dr loh told me that he will be away from 25th to 29th, and i do have an appointment with dr loh on 2nd jan, so maybe for urgent cases u still can try to tell them to slot u in?

Whmc and xylitol, i totally can feel you. I also experience the same agony. Seen two bb hb at week 6 and then i got a brown spotting and a cramp when peeing at week 7 plus, went to hospital the next day and they thought i got uti, so i did the test on that day but spotting still there, and the following day i insist for u/s and found out 1 bb hb has stopped and a week behind the other one. I still keep having brown spotting for a week, not much and on and off if i wipe after going to toilet. Tomorrow going to see doctor and see how the babies are doing. Cant stop feeling sad for one bb and worry abt the other bb.
Sighhhh... This journey is really tough and hard.

Whmc and xylitol, i totally can feel you. I also experience the same agony. Seen two bb hb at week 6 and then i got a brown spotting and a cramp when peeing at week 7 plus, went to hospital the next day and they thought i got uti, so i did the test on that day but spotting still there, and the following day i insist for u/s and found out 1 bb hb has stopped and a week behind the other one. I still keep having brown spotting for a week, not much and on and off if i wipe after going to toilet. Tomorrow going to see doctor and see how the babies are doing. Cant stop feeling sad for one bb and worry abt the other bb.
Hugs..hope yr warriors are fighting good. Jiayou n i wish u all e best.

Hugs. Please take care and have a good rest.

Straw 1, I wish you all the best.

Mrs-tann, don't know why but I have been awoken few times these days also. I will only drift off to sleep again ard 6am. Aircon not cold la, nasal congestion from a new flu, nv felt such issues b4 recently. Mind & body too sensitive.

Is your pain more a constant feeling or come and go like cramps? Mind sharing your 2ww regime?

Pain is like cramps come and go..Cramp Cramp a few minutes then go away.. Like now 5am insonmia again. Think Im gg to bake some bread since cant sleep. While reading the recipe, I get the cramp again - just like the wave.. come and go but usually hit during the night when u r sleeping. I rem I have cramps for my no 1 but not in 2ww, its more like in tri 1 or 2 when tummy is trying to grow bigger.

Pain is like cramps come and go..Cramp Cramp a few minutes then go away.. Like now 5am insonmia again. Think Im gg to bake some bread since cant sleep. While reading the recipe, I get the cramp again - just like the wave.. come and go but usually hit during the night when u r sleeping. I rem I have cramps for my no 1 but not in 2ww, its more like in tri 1 or 2 when tummy is trying to grow bigger.
mrs_tann, dun worry too much, I had cramps few days before my BT for my previous bfp cycle too...

hugs***hugs** dun worry too much... I had 2 friends both loss of 1 of their twins... however, they had a smooth 9mths... both babies are healthy at 1yo n 3yo now.. :)
jiayou jiayou

Ladies, sorry to hear about your disappointment. I pray for you and wish you well. It may not be a good year this year, but it definitely be the best year for you in 2015. Jiayou ladies!

No matter how far life pushes you down, no matter how much you hurt, you can always bounce back. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

btw, my BT is a bfn... :(
dun noe wat should I do next... humm...... give up on ivf or go for a fresh???

*hugs* how many fresh have u done b4?

My quota to myself is to fully utilize the govt subsidy. Since we pay tax might as well use the benefits.

But give urself a break.. See if there is anything u can do to improve the next cycle.

Jiayou n don't give up easily!!

Looking good. Hang in there. Be careful if you intend to self medicate :) you sound almost exactly like mrs_tann a week back.

maybe the hormone support is causing the discomfort.. like pregnyl is supp to simulate pregnancy so these could be the symptoms ya? when r u taking yr BT?

omg i hate pregnyl, it gave me bad effects last week. i hope i dont need a support jab this week. :(

*hugs* how many fresh have u done b4?

My quota to myself is to fully utilize the govt subsidy. Since we pay tax might as well use the benefits.

But give urself a break.. See if there is anything u can do to improve the next cycle.

Jiayou n don't give up easily!!

this makes sense! is there a public portal to find out how much subsidies we have used exactly?

sorry to learn abt this babe, get some tests done if necessary to understand any underlying issues & work from there.

this makes sense! is there a public portal to find out how much subsidies we have used exactly?

sorry to learn abt this babe, get some tests done if necessary to understand any underlying issues & work from there.

Are you with the public hospital? If so they are able to advise how much you have taken altogether. I think they have increased the subsidies.

I am with SGH. So they did tell me how much I can use..

Jia you ladies…IVF is indeed not an easy journey. I was so depressed when I failed my 1st cycle and just didn't want to try anymore so I wasted some precious years. I regretted it coz if I had put in more effort to build up my health and tried harder that time, I won't have to be so stress now trying to race against my age. Only few very lucky ones BFP on their first few tries, so keep trying and don't give up! God Bless!

maybe the hormone support is causing the discomfort.. like pregnyl is supp to simulate pregnancy so these could be the symptoms ya? when r u taking yr BT?

omg i hate pregnyl, it gave me bad effects last week. i hope i dont need a support jab this week. :(

When you go in this week, tell them you had horrible side effects. The doc may consider reducing the dosage or swapping to another type of support.

Hugssss dear. Sorry for the sad news. Mayne don't Think abt it for now and let yourself grieve first. Any BFN hurts and it hurts like hell... so take your time.

As some had asked, what are your reasons to give up? Age? Money? Too tired emotionally? Too many attempts liao? Sian?

Can I ask what happens after the BT?

I'm supposed to go for mine tomorrow morning. After the BT, we go home and wait for them to call with the results? How long will it take for us to get the results?

whmc, i am sorry..u take care..likewise for sisters who didnt have good results. may god grant all of us extra strength to continue on..

It is so hard to give words of comfort when I am super full of anxiety for myself. 2 miscarriages and currently at 8 weeks, it has been a really stressful time for me too. Spotting on and off and at times I'm convinced it won't work out again this time.
Please stay positive ladies. I know I am trying hard too. It is really tough knowing what we had to do just to be pregnant in the first place. I guess nothing is guaranteed till we eventually pop. Be kind to yourselves and do whatever it takes to come back even stronger. I believe one day, we will get to hold our rainbow babies. Hugs!

Can I ask what happens after the BT?

I'm supposed to go for mine tomorrow morning. After the BT, we go home and wait for them to call with the results? How long will it take for us to get the results?

If you are with Kkh, you can leave after BT and they will call you in late morning or afternoon.

It is so hard to give words of comfort when I am super full of anxiety for myself. 2 miscarriages and currently at 8 weeks, it has been a really stressful time for me too. Spotting on and off and at times I'm convinced it won't work out again this time.
Please stay positive ladies. I know I am trying hard too. It is really tough knowing what we had to do just to be pregnant in the first place. I guess nothing is guaranteed till we eventually pop. Be kind to yourselves and do whatever it takes to come back even stronger. I believe one day, we will get to hold our rainbow babies. Hugs!

Jia you chuckles. Thanks for the support that u have given me during this period. I wish you well and hope that you will overcome this period.

I have cried enough. Will rest and come back stronger I hope. In the meantime, i can focus on doing up my new place.

Thanks too to all of you who have advised and encouraged me. :)

Hi I'm seeking for your kind advices from you all...
My second ivf is planned on 5 jan, thus the whole procedures will be completed n result will be knew before the coming of CNY. I'm telling myself I need to go back to my hometown at KL for CNY no matter the result is BFP or BFN. But my hubby is worried if the result is positive, he said I shouldn't travel on first trimester if BFP. Any advice?

My second ivf is planned on 5 jan, thus the whole procedures will be completed n result will be knew before the coming of CNY. I'm telling myself I need to go back to my hometown at KL for CNY no matter the result is BFP or BFN. But my hubby is worried if the result is positive, he said I shouldn't travel on first trimester if BFP. Any advice?

Are u driving back or flying back?
I think if u drive back its ok Cux u guys control the speed n will b more careful. But if via plane, I would suggest not.

Why not leave it open and see how it goes until the cycle is done. Your feelings and thoughts may be different depending on the results. sG KL is very near so can still make last minute decisions then. Plus consult your doc before you travel.

Yes, I told my hubby the same thing, there is no stress if we drive back. Some more, if I can't go home during CNY, sure my parent n sibling will very sad, I will very upset too. Due to TTC, It's been more than half year I not go home already...

Normally my sister will tag on my car go home for CNY every year, so I need to inform her earlier if I can't make it this year, then she could buy air ticket fly back.

Yes, I told my hubby the same thing, there is no stress if we drive back. Some more, if I can't go home during CNY, sure my parent n sibling will very sad, I will very upset too. Due to TTC, It's been more than half year I not go home already...

Normally my sister will tag on my car go home for CNY every year, so I need to inform her earlier if I can't make it this year, then she could buy air ticket fly back.

I will be v frank since not your first fresh.

If bfn, sure go. No discussion I think.

If bpf, and all happy, can decide resting in SG or KL more conducive.

But sometimes bfp is filled with uncertainties... Low beta and need to recheck every few days, some hv low progesterone so need more support such as weekly jabs, some spot or bleed and need to go back for check-ups, or suddenly after bfp you will naturally start to worry abt week 6 viability scan, esp if you don't hv a gynae in KL.

That's why I suggested see how it goes. I hate how TTC screws up normal living too, but whilst sometimes our journey is long but our sacrifice will make it ultimately worth it,hopefully.

Hugz. Have a good rest these few days. You can think through it after your doc appt? For me, I am giving it a try still =)
Planning February or March cause I am running out of time for subsidise.

Y dun u skip jan and enjoy e new yr first?

Back