WTAsk: Any recommendation where to get cheap spectacles for kids?

Apple Cin

Hello Mummies,

Asking those of you who have made specs for your kids.

Where do you go to make cheap ones? We juz made a pair for our 6YO boy less than 2 months ago at Nanyang Optical, cost us like almost $300.

Juz today, I noticed it was kinda crooked and realized that there are 2 small cracks on each side of the frame. So heartpain :(

We are staying in Sengkang, so preferably we can have some contacts of cheap optical shops around this area.

Not sure about Sengkang area but there is 1 optical shop in Toa Payoh Central near KFC that charges about $28 for frame and lens the power is below -3.00. There's also 2 in Bishan St 22 Bishan North Shopping Mall that charges around the same rate too if you are not looking for branded frames. I paid only $69 for my transition myopic lens with Surfer Paradise 1/2 metal frame recently. Not too bad. U can take bus 88 direct to this place from Sengkang.

Hi cangie, u ever hv experience w the optical shop at toa payoh which u mention? How's the quality of the frame?

Hi, I just made a pair of specs for $98, frame plus lens. Frame made in Korea. Shop name optics house at marina square

I also made for mine & my 8 yr son at the toa payoh near kfc. They hv many outlets nationwide.ready in 1hr. $110. It lasted him a yr. now many scratches so time to change.and can use baby bonus.

I bought it at KK hospital. The name of the shop is Ngee Ann optics. Less than $130 and this is the 4th specs I bought for him from there. He had to change specs for the first and second year (bought 2 specs at once) because he was undergoing thorough check up. I like their frames as it is meant for kids and it is not easily broken. Previous ones I bought from other optical shops.. Cost us $180 and the design is so ugly, not durable and the size is not suitable. Before u go down, u can call up the uncle and ask if they have stocks for their plastic frames for 6yrs old. They ran out of stk fast but u can order from them for new colours. This is KK directory. http://www.kkh.com.sg/PatientsAndVisitors/AdmissionGuide/Pages/ShopsAndEats.aspx

Wah $19 is a very good price!!! I will go and see see look look
so far, when your kid use, quality ok?

Wah $19 is a very good price!!! I will go and see see look look
so far, when your kid use, quality ok?
Haha I made it for myself been using for a year plus and nothing wrong. it's near the old bus interchange side . There's a bus stop. Just behind the bus stop

Haha I made it for myself been using for a year plus and nothing wrong. it's near the old bus interchange side . There's a bus stop. Just behind the bus stop

is your degree high? the last time i made for myself was $200+ cos my degree is abt 600

Back