Muslim Mums 2015

Salam everyone
Before I forget Arianna send this thru email.

"Hope u all are doing well! Please take good care of yourself n send my regards to all sisters in the forum!"
Claire Beatrice Attenborough @ Ariana Attenborough

Salam deardyan
Me too just had my OGtt last Monday,hehe luckily from me,im out from having GD. When is ur edd? Mine is 2/1/2015. Im in 29+1 weeks now. :)

Mine is on 15 Jan 2015 so we're 2 weeks apart.
Yeah luckily i'm cleared of GD as well. Would be really leceh if kena keep doing that blood test after every meal! Heh

Salam all, tested today i am positive due date will be around 19 June 2015 .
DO add me at facebook id : Webesar

Assalamualaikum ladies,

My EDD will be on 23rd Jan 15. I was recommended to this blog:

http://darwishndarwisya.blogspot.sg/

I think it is a good read. Sharing with you ladies. Hope everything is smooth for you. Having the baby is 2+ mths (In sha Allah) and I do have some anxieties sometimes. Like, am I able to carry out my amanah well, finance, do I have enough to spend with the baby after work etc etc. It is both scary and exciting at the same time.

;)

Salam ladies,

Have any of you bought clothes/maternity wear or stuffs from SPRING maternity before? I saw a dress for abt $59.90, long sleeve and good for nursing but kept rethinking abt it bcos of the pricw. Do you feel that they are overpriced? Im kind of a cheapo actually, my dresses usually costs not more than 40..so im not sure if i shud splurge tht much....... What do u guys think?

Salam babe,

I bought maternity pants there and the quality sux. I would not wanna reccomend that brand and yes its abit pricy.

Hi @Shashahoneybee salam.
I agree the pants there dont look comfortable and I bought my pants at q0010. Cheaper and much much much better. DO NOT BUY PANTS FROM SPRINGS MATERNITY. I bought the dress from them though but its abit common. Realised my colleagues were wearing the same thg when she got to know shes pregnant. Got some leggings too. Super comfy but both were super ex. Must really survey elsewhere for better deals before buying...

Im having really back ache whenever I wake up from sleeping on my back but otherthan that alhamdulilah baby has been actively kicking!
My recent scan shows that baby is 1.2kg @ 29weeks. :)

Last edited:
Salam,
I bought a skirt from spring as it was the only thing that I can fit. The xl for pants cant even pass ny thighs.

I agree on the price being on the high side, but the skirt that I got is super comfy and most importantly, I don't have to iron it. Just grab and go kinda thing.

I know that qoo and other online shops are very much cheaper, but I am very skeptical lah. Their xl or even xxl does not justify for plus size ppl like me.

I am still having a hard time looking for modest outfits to last throughout the pregnancy.

Anyways, am kinda new here. First time mtb, 21weeks along. Had a MC on mother's day this year. Alhamdulillah got a chance to conceive again. :)

Hi @Shashahoneybee salam.
I agree the pants there dont look comfortable and I bought my pants at q0010. Cheaper and much much much better. DO NOT BUY PANTS FROM SPRINGS MATERNITY. I bought the dress from them though but its abit common. Realised my colleagues were wearing the same thg when she got to know shes pregnant. Got some leggings too. Super comfy but both were super ex. Must really survey elsewhere for better deals before buying...

Im having really back ache whenever I wake up from sleeping on my back but otherthan that alhamdulilah baby has been actively kicking!
My recent scan shows that baby is 1.2kg @ 29weeks. :)
Wow already at 29 weeks.. congrats girl.. im at my 22nd week right now and baby is actively kicking .. such a great feeling . His kick can be quite harsh till im awake from my sleep.

Salam,
I bought a skirt from spring as it was the only thing that I can fit. The xl for pants cant even pass ny thighs.

I agree on the price being on the high side, but the skirt that I got is super comfy and most importantly, I don't have to iron it. Just grab and go kinda thing.

I know that qoo and other online shops are very much cheaper, but I am very skeptical lah. Their xl or even xxl does not justify for plus size ppl like me.

I am still having a hard time looking for modest outfits to last throughout the pregnancy.

Anyways, am kinda new here. First time mtb, 21weeks along. Had a MC on mother's day this year. Alhamdulillah got a chance to conceive again. :)
Alhamdullilah.. have you knkw the gender of the baby ? Which hosp u gonna deliver at ?

The baby still shy to show. And we are not that eager to know even this is our first. Doesn't really matter boy or girl, so long sihat and sempurna.

Going for my FA scan tmr. Am with dr heng tung lan, hence delivering at parkway east.

Yourself?

The baby still shy to show. And we are not that eager to know even this is our first. Doesn't really matter boy or girl, so long sihat and sempurna.

Going for my FA scan tmr. Am with dr heng tung lan, hence delivering at parkway east.

Yourself?
Indeed yang penting sihat alhamdulillah.. im expecting a boy . This is my first as well and am so excited for his arrival eventho its like about 4 months to go. Im delivering at KKH jek. How is the service there ? When is ur due ?

Edd 13 april. So far at PEH, not that bad. And I kinda comfortable with dr heng, even tho she is the kinda chop2, but I am alrite with that. If there are any queries, she will always address our concern well.

I was with kkh during my first pregnancy. From the very first visit was not a good one. It got worse when I started to bleed and went to the a&e. The doctors attending to me weren't tactful and sympathetic at all. I still remember the line that they use, "you come back in 2 weeks and look out for signs for miscarriage. "
We were new to this and how were we to know what are the signs of miscarriage. Didnt occur to me at that point of time to ask. Only on the way back home baru teringat2. That's when both me and husband decided that we shld get a second opinion.

Edd 13 april. So far at PEH, not that bad. And I kinda comfortable with dr heng, even tho she is the kinda chop2, but I am alrite with that. If there are any queries, she will always address our concern well.

I was with kkh during my first pregnancy. From the very first visit was not a good one. It got worse when I started to bleed and went to the a&e. The doctors attending to me weren't tactful and sympathetic at all. I still remember the line that they use, "you come back in 2 weeks and look out for signs for miscarriage. "
We were new to this and how were we to know what are the signs of miscarriage. Didnt occur to me at that point of time to ask. Only on the way back home baru teringat2. That's when both me and husband decided that we shld get a second opinion.
Ouccch the service given was so bad. How can a medical team said that. Glad that you have a 2nd option. :) hugs !

Ouccch the service given was so bad. How can a medical team said that. Glad that you have a 2nd option. :) hugs !

Im delivering at kkh too! First timer as well. Indeed i have many complains abt Kkh staff as well. But am still gonna try to deliver there. I try not to attend their apptmt if there isnt any scanning :x... Bcos just gg in to consult the doc is like a waste of time..

Lagi im gg for the subsidised one. Waiting queue mcm boleh pengsan duduk lama2.

My mum say kalau nurse tu nak sembarang marah2, marah je dia balik. Maybe bila tgh beranak tak igt dunia, barula boleh mcm tu kan... :/

Im delivering at kkh too! First timer as well. Indeed i have many complains abt Kkh staff as well. But am still gonna try to deliver there. I try not to attend their apptmt if there isnt any scanning :x... Bcos just gg in to consult the doc is like a waste of time..

My mum say kalau nurse tu nak sembarang marah2, marah je dia balik. Maybe bila tgh beranak tak igt dunia, barula boleh mcm tu kan... :/

I had bad encounter too during the my 3rd check up.. i was so pissed with the reception . They like dont know what the hell they are doing . Its like i have to tell them what to do. Tpi bile gossip pandai pulak.. lucky my husband was there to calm me down . When is ur due ? Im thinking of skipping my next appt too.. haha ! Cause like waste time meet doc for 5 mins then out . But my doc is indeed helpful in a way.

I have a few friends who gave birth at kkh, even 2 of my sis in law gave birth at kkh too and they have no complaints, other than the waiting time. Just my luck that I got that kinda service.

Went for the FA scan and Alhamdulillah all is ok. Baby is doing fine as well, very active during the scan. Kept on tossing around. While waiting for the results, went for the maternity tour at PEH just to kill time (and also for the freebies! Hehe)

@fusseywifey cute kan your mum suruh marah the nurse back! Hehehe

I have a few friends who gave birth at kkh, even 2 of my sis in law gave birth at kkh too and they have no complaints, other than the waiting time. Just my luck that I got that kinda service.

Went for the FA scan and Alhamdulillah all is ok. Baby is doing fine as well, very active during the scan. Kept on tossing around. While waiting for the results, went for the maternity tour at PEH just to kill time (and also for the freebies! Hehe)

@fusseywifey cute kan your mum suruh marah the nurse back! Hehehe

Salam ladies,

Just to share my experience. I was with PEH at first but it ended up as a MC case early this year in late March. Had bleeding already but the doctor sent me home with some hormones tablet and asked me to come back the week after without much attention. Just one day after, i experienced bad cramps and bleeding so i went to KKH O&G..cos they were open 24hrs and was specialized in women anyway. It was just intuition also that made me go KKH that night and im glad i did. I was admitted for two days for MC and the stay there was very pleasant...they took good care of me and the food is good too! Haha.

Alhamdulillah im currently 32wks with my rainbow baby..and i decided to stick to KKH. I guess for the waiting time its pretty normal for it to be that long unless you take private. Currently i took up KK private suite and it made a lottt of difference. My first two checkup was at the clinic A or was it D..tk ingat but ya Allah i cannot tahan the wait...with the backache and all. Its relatively cheaper than private hospital rates also and my gynae isnt pushy when it comes to supplements or the extra checks/tests that is optional. So yupp.

Salaam ladies,

Just tested +ve last Thursday. This will be my 2nd. My 1st is turning 3 next month. Girl.

Seems most mommies here are alr far along in ur pregnancies.. Alhamdulillah.. :)

Would like to hear more about mummies that are currently seeing gynaes in NUH. My 1st I was seeing Dr Jeannette Chen from TMC (which i kinda regretted). This time I'd prefer nearer to home & most importantly.. going to hire a doula.

Salaam ladies,

Just tested +ve last Thursday. This will be my 2nd. My 1st is turning 3 next month. Girl.

Seems most mommies here are alr far along in ur pregnancies.. Alhamdulillah.. :)

Would like to hear more about mummies that are currently seeing gynaes in NUH. My 1st I was seeing Dr Jeannette Chen from TMC (which i kinda regretted). This time I'd prefer nearer to home & most importantly.. going to hire a doula.

Alhamdulillah, congrats on the news. I dont really have any inputs on NUH to assist you..so sorry.

However can i just inquire..what is the role of a doula..cos im not to aware of their roles actually. If u can actually share abit. Thanks!

Alhamdulillah, congrats on the news. I dont really have any inputs on NUH to assist you..so sorry.

However can i just inquire..what is the role of a doula..cos im not to aware of their roles actually. If u can actually share abit. Thanks!

Yeah.. Whats a doula?

http://singaporemotherhood.com/articles/2012/03/doula-give-birth-comfortably-with-a-friend/

http://www.babycenter.com/0_doulas-should-you-hire-a-labor-coach_480.bc

In short, from my understanding, doula differs from doctors and midwives as they do not involve themselves medically during your labour.
She is something like your labour coach, cheerleader or for emotional support. Especially if you're aiming for a natural VBAC birth, she helps to ease your discomforts during labour, like massaging ur back or whichever spots that you want to be massaged. If your hubby wants to be hands on and be your birth partner, she can also coach him. She also helps in doing up a birth plan. Depending on the package you take up, she will also help in breastfeeding. Of course b4 u have a doula during birth, you have to make sure your Dr is OK with this.

About my 1st pregnancy...
I was very on the ball.. like follow through all my checkups... jaga pantang.. read up alot.. after solat maghrib I try as often as possible to read the Quran. Had all the surahs on my itunes and listened to it everytime I had the opportunity to..totally no other music (yeah.. i was THAT on the ball). My health was ok. Checkups result all came back normal. When I was starting my 2nd trimester, I already started to feel out of breath and I swear I could already feel baby's head moving ard near my V. In the 4th mth, I had detailed scanning.. and immediately can see the gender coz baby kangkang and head was already down, and according to gynae her V is tembam. ... hahah!...
In fact, everytime went for checkups and had scans, baby still same position (head down). Gynae said maybe coincidence, everytime scan, she is in that position. In my 5th month, I had alot of back and waist pain.. even my colleagues and family said I look like I was already 8-9mths preggy.
Like most excited mummies.. based on recommendation, I had set my mind on birthing in a private hospital, female gynae, A1 suite and all. Doesnt matter the distance as long as the service is good. Too focused on that birthing part. By 5th month, already got baby cot, clothes, booked urut lady n etc etc.
Finally at 27weeks.. had a bloody show.. went to KKH A&E and 2days later gave birth VBAC to my daughter, with a big audience (Young, old, male, female drs & nurses were in the delivery room).
From there, lesson learnt. Any emergency, Pte Hosp is not the choice to go to (u still can go in an emergency, but it'll cost a bomb).

Of course, this may not be for the case for most mummies here. So I hope I didnt scare ualls.

So I didnt really had an 'ideal' birth. So I am hoping, In shaa Allah, to have a fullterm baby this time. I dun mind subsidised. And I dont mind any Drs... in fact I'd prefer a midwife instead.

Salam, thanks for sharing your birth story imie. MasyaAllah, what a challenge for you seeing your baby in NICU for so long. Surely lama she was inside kan? May I clarify... if that was your 1st pregnancy, that means you had a vaginal birth right? Cos VBAC means vaginal birth after caesarean. Do you mind sharing what were the conditions that led to your preterm labour?

http://singaporemotherhood.com/articles/2012/03/doula-give-birth-comfortably-with-a-friend/

http://www.babycenter.com/0_doulas-should-you-hire-a-labor-coach_480.bc

In short, from my understanding, doula differs from doctors and midwives as they do not involve themselves medically during your labour.
She is something like your labour coach, cheerleader or for emotional support. Especially if you're aiming for a natural VBAC birth, she helps to ease your discomforts during labour, like massaging ur back or whichever spots that you want to be massaged. If your hubby wants to be hands on and be your birth partner, she can also coach him. She also helps in doing up a birth plan. Depending on the package you take up, she will also help in breastfeeding. Of course b4 u have a doula during birth, you have to make sure your Dr is OK with this.

About my 1st pregnancy...
I was very on the ball.. like follow through all my checkups... jaga pantang.. read up alot.. after solat maghrib I try as often as possible to read the Quran. Had all the surahs on my itunes and listened to it everytime I had the opportunity to..totally no other music (yeah.. i was THAT on the ball). My health was ok. Checkups result all came back normal. When I was starting my 2nd trimester, I already started to feel out of breath and I swear I could already feel baby's head moving ard near my V. In the 4th mth, I had detailed scanning.. and immediately can see the gender coz baby kangkang and head was already down, and according to gynae her V is tembam. ... hahah!...
In fact, everytime went for checkups and had scans, baby still same position (head down). Gynae said maybe coincidence, everytime scan, she is in that position. In my 5th month, I had alot of back and waist pain.. even my colleagues and family said I look like I was already 8-9mths preggy.
Like most excited mummies.. based on recommendation, I had set my mind on birthing in a private hospital, female gynae, A1 suite and all. Doesnt matter the distance as long as the service is good. Too focused on that birthing part. By 5th month, already got baby cot, clothes, booked urut lady n etc etc.
Finally at 27weeks.. had a bloody show.. went to KKH A&E and 2days later gave birth VBAC to my daughter, with a big audience (Young, old, male, female drs & nurses were in the delivery room).
From there, lesson learnt. Any emergency, Pte Hosp is not the choice to go to (u still can go in an emergency, but it'll cost a bomb).

Of course, this may not be for the case for most mummies here. So I hope I didnt scare ualls.

So I didnt really had an 'ideal' birth. So I am hoping, In shaa Allah, to have a fullterm baby this time. I dun mind subsidised. And I dont mind any Drs... in fact I'd prefer a midwife instead.

Thats a really detailed and comprehensive recount.

How many weeks along is your second one?

Muslim Mums,
Does anyone have experienced with baby girl/s and the procedure as to how to "sunnat" her?

Do we wait for after pantang days or straightaway can sunnat or how?

Salam, thanks for sharing your birth story imie. MasyaAllah, what a challenge for you seeing your baby in NICU for so long. Surely lama she was inside kan? May I clarify... if that was your 1st pregnancy, that means you had a vaginal birth right? Cos VBAC means vaginal birth after caesarean. Do you mind sharing what were the conditions that led to your preterm labour?

Waalaikumsalam. She was in the hosp close to 2mths. Meaning at gestational age 8mths plus discharged from hospital.
Yes, it was a vaginal birth. I was given medication to stop the labour contractions while i was on bed rest in the hospital, when that didnt work, they doubled up the med which nearly caused me a heart attack. So in short, my baby just wanted to come out early. After baby born, they took the placenta and did a lab test. It was a long wait to find out the cause of the spontaneous preterm birth. They stated that the placenta was bacteria infected. Now.. it can be caused by alot of factors. Could also be infected the moment they kept giving me Vag checks, cos my cervix was expanding at a fast pace. So kira, till now.. there hasnt been an answer to the preterm birth.

salam. Am new here. Edd 2nd july. my third pregnancy but second baby hopefully, insyaallah. m/c e second baby at 14 wks.

im currently seeing dr t.m. chua frm nuh. shes fab. all 3 pregnancies with her as e gynae.

Salaams ladies. My Edd is ard Jul 28. Going onto #3. In shaa Allah.
Still gynae shopping. For my no.1 I delivered at PEH, love my gynae but she was pushy towards epidural.
I had my no.2 in KL. Alhamduillah my gynae there was 100% accommodative all my request. Hence I told myself I am not back to my no.1's gynae here in Singapore.
Hoping to find someone who can deliver in Mt A. Any recommendations? Looking for pro gentle and natural birth female gynae.

Hello. Salam.
Welcome new mummies to the forum.
@mommasg50 im gg for Kk subsidised so am not too sure abt Mt A.

Would like to enquire with those who took up KK subsidies rate do you all go checkup every 4 weeks afte ur 30th week? How do we get doc to approve for HL?

Hello. Salam.
Welcome new mummies to the forum.
@mommasg50 im gg for Kk subsidised so am not too sure abt Mt A.

Would like to enquire with those who took up KK subsidies rate do you all go checkup every 4 weeks afte ur 30th week? How do we get doc to approve for HL?

Im under KKH private suite..ive been seeing the doc every 4weeks since my 12th week. Lepas 36 weeks then i will see her weekly. But for sure after a certain week the doc would like to see u more frequently for monitoring purpose i suppose.

For HL i already asked my gynae...she said we must ensure that our HR allows for HL to be taken before ML. Cos the problem isnt the hospital but HR ade yg tk terima and count ur HL as part of ur ML. So yupp..if possible u ask ard ur colleague yg pernah go on HL before ML..see what they say or advise.

I kinda have a random question. Anyone here not a first time mum and didnt really eat ur multi vits or fish oil regularly during a previous pregnancy? Im like at 34 weeks already..and ever since in my third trimester mcm tk lalu to eat my pillsm plus kadang2 terlupa also. :/ hope it doesnt have an impact on my little one's growth.

I kinda have a random question. Anyone here not a first time mum and didnt really eat ur multi vits or fish oil regularly during a previous pregnancy? Im like at 34 weeks already..and ever since in my third trimester mcm tk lalu to eat my pillsm plus kadang2 terlupa also. :/ hope it doesnt have an impact on my little one's growth.

You post a very gd qns.
Im wondering the same thg.

My hubby is worried i dont take the vitamins regularly too. But i try to take in other sources of nutrients as much as I try to balance my diet.

Abt the effect it has on the lil one, that i have no experience bcos im a first timer.
But as i reported earlier, my lil one is on the smaller side 1.2kg in my 29 weeks. However my mum assured me, all her lil ones are on a smaller side too. So im not sure if its bcos of the vits anot.

Experience mothers, help?

Salam everyone!

3rd time mummy here :) due in mar 2015. Talking about HL, really wanting to get my gynae to grant me if possible a month of HL as cannot tahan my work place. So toxic that i fear getting pre / post natal depression. I will only get transferred in june but still have jan and feb to endure :( What are the chances of getting HL granted? :(

Salam everyone!

3rd time mummy here :) due in mar 2015. Talking about HL, really wanting to get my gynae to grant me if possible a month of HL as cannot tahan my work place. So toxic that i fear getting pre / post natal depression. I will only get transferred in june but still have jan and feb to endure :( What are the chances of getting HL granted? :(

I think its all dependent on gynae. Ada gynae yg strict..tk kasi HL if ure not admitted to hospital. I read je lah. So far i asked my colleagues/friends with my gynae they say sure can dapat if u request..

maybe bila tgh mintak HL u say that u need a break from work lah because of fatigue and u want to rest.

Yeah, i hope my gynae boleh grant me as tak pernah mintak from her for my previous two pregnancies..

Asking my hubby to help sweet talk her..

Nur,
Anyone can give birth in malaysia. Just that foreigners go to private hospital. Mine for 2 full days (weekend) delivery plus full hospital bill came to rm5k. Cheaper than my singapore bill -_-

Yeah, i hope my gynae boleh grant me as tak pernah mintak from her for my previous two pregnancies..

Asking my hubby to help sweet talk her..

Hehe maybe u can probably say u have another two kids to take care of also. Play the sympathy card. hopefully it does work! Im asking for mine at my 36th week appt nanti on 31 dec. Hopefully dapat also. I dah tk nak gi kerja..penatttt. i wonder how u mommies do it.

That's an idea! I actually taking 1 month of ML earlier already so am thinking of even taking HL in mid jan at 31 week i shall the impossible! Haha

Back