Racing heartbeats and breathless

LydiaEmilda

hi mummies and mummies to be.
After one successful birth n multiple miscarriages, i am now pregnant again. This time round im told i have a low haemoglobin count at 11.10%. Prescribed iron supps and folic acid. Prior to pregnancy, i always have a fast heartbeat, poking on left side of chest n breathlessness. Ecg done at NUH, SGH, polyclinics, all return normal. Any moms here who experienced a complicated labour or have the same heart issue as me? How was the lavour like with a racing heart? And any mothers who are anaemic? How was the delivery? Im so concerned of lack of oxygen or a heart that beats too fast or a PPH during delivery. So depressing.

Hi LydiaEmilda. When u realised ur heart beat is fast, take a paper bag if possible or plastic bag n breath deep into it...ur heat beat wl return to normal and ur breathless wl subside. ..it hypertension gal...no worries. I got it too, I thought I was going to die n my heart going yo jump out. .. No worries ..try this ... God bless

@isenggirl hi! Nope didnt do any of it. Doctors said my heart is perfectly normal tho. Maybe they didnt check well enuff. But does KKH takes care of the heart too? Or i have to go to other hospitals?

@gladjo hi!! Thanks for the info. U had it too? How was ur experience during labour? Was it worse?

@isenggirl hi! Nope didnt do any of it. Doctors said my heart is perfectly normal tho. Maybe they didnt check well enuff. But does KKH takes care of the heart too? Or i have to go to other hospitals?

@gladjo hi!! Thanks for the info. U had it too? How was ur experience during labour? Was it worse?

ECG sometimes cant tell mild murmur or hole in the heart. It shows normal. But if you feel pain at ur left heart esp if u run or walk fast, its time to look further.. and best place will be national heart centre.. I am surprised all these hospitals did not recommend u further test. Could be a good thing though. But I understand ultrasound is standard procedure from cardiologist..

When we r pregnant, our heart is working twice harder. Blood flow is faster and volume is 30-40% more too. Even perfectly normal heart might feel breathless and tired. But what I understand, usually no chest pain.. Keep finger crossed!

Hi LydiaEmilda, i think u should inform your gynae to have a thyroid blood test for u coz i was diagnosed to have thyroid during my 2nd pregnancy. Thyroid will cause fast heartbeat, trembling hands n sweats a lot, observe whether do u have these symthoms

Ya...one way to find if it's thyroid is stand with arms straight out for 10mins n if u ain't trembling,is ok or mild..my boss did this exercise by doctor showed no thyroid symptom but under scan, it showed up...so it's not 100% accurate... And since u r pregnant now, it can b other things also but if ur doctor is saying you are fine ... Then u just relax, take slowly everything, our pace of life is really fast so learn to relax, slow down mummy...I had this condition after birth n my work was real stress as am single mum n just returned a week ago fm overseas conference.
Try slow down your pace n see how, just remember carry a paper bag or small plastic bag handy... It's really really help... God bless..

hello... i am also experiencing the same thing, but usually at night when i wanna slp and the breathless feel is worse and chest pain for a while.. so i guess, it is not normal?

Back