Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Can someone who's under doc tan help mi ask him after give birth the fertile period is it first 6 mths huh

Ok I can help u ask him but my next appt is qt far away i think end Jan... Btw I thought after give birth need to rest at least 6 mth? If u C sect need to rest longer cuz of the incision made to ur womb.
http://www.babycenter.com/404_how-l...ore-conceiving-again-after-a-c-sec_1334487.bc

I emergency csect I did ask doc tan can I conceive natural this time he say I can try he say best is 2 yrs la but I got frien who give birth n conceive after 6 mths n 1 yr de. They also csect lol

hi_mei : can u help me ask dr tan if im doc sad patient, can I go to him as my gynae if i need to deliver at kkh? since doc sad does not see cases after patient is bfp. im actually his case but nurses blur pass my case file to dr sad and after that told me I should be under doc tan.

I emergency csect I did ask doc tan can I conceive natural this time he say I can try he say best is 2 yrs la but I got frien who give birth n conceive after 6 mths n 1 yr de. They also csect lol
Ok!

hi_mei : can u help me ask dr tan if im doc sad patient, can I go to him as my gynae if i need to deliver at kkh? since doc sad does not see cases after patient is bfp. im actually his case but nurses blur pass my case file to dr sad and after that told me I should be under doc tan.
I can ask him. But actually i think it is better u go to clinic D and ask the nurse cuz usually I encounter Dr says xxx but if clinic nurse or assistant or system don't allow then cannot. There is a patient coordinator at clinic D mb u try asking her first since u will need to go back clinic D to get more medicine?

hi.. has anyone bought any insurance for yourself? I'm looking around and don't see many policies for mothers who conceive through IVF. Thanks.

Last edited:
Morning all, I'm at week 7 and started spotting yesterday. It was brownish, not fresh red. Infact, I just had my scan yesterday and doc said everything is fine. But by the time I reached home, I started bleeding. Anyone experienced bleeding at around week 7? Should I be concerned?

Morning all, I'm at week 7 and started spotting yesterday. It was brownish, not fresh red. Infact, I just had my scan yesterday and doc said everything is fine. But by the time I reached home, I started bleeding. Anyone experienced bleeding at around week 7? Should I be concerned?

It could have been old blood...are you still taking any progesterone tab or injections? The spotting can be seen when you wipe ?

I'm taking duphaston orally. Yes when wiped and it stained my panty liner.

How many tablet are you taking now?
if it is reddish everytime you wipe for the last half a day... i suggest you call your IVF dr.
If it is only once for the last half a day, you monitor further ok? it sounds ok...

Hi, i had brown spotting at week 7. I also had a scan a few days prior to the spotting. I went back to the doctor for a jab. I continued to spot for a couple of days and even had a couple of clots. I went back to the doctor again for additional support. I was given utrogestron inserts. Then it stopped. I seriously thought i had miscarried that time. I suggest you go back to your doctor and ask for additional support. Also, I rested a lot and stopped carrying heavy things including my daughter.

Thanks @vann. I guess I have been too tired the past few days with gatherings and shopping for furnitures for new house. Will rest more and monitor the spotting. Seems to be lesser already. Hope it stops soon.

Hi, i had brown spotting at week 7. I also had a scan a few days prior to the spotting. I went back to the doctor for a jab. I continued to spot for a couple of days and even had a couple of clots. I went back to the doctor again for additional support. I was given utrogestron inserts. Then it stopped. I seriously thought i had miscarried that time. I suggest you go back to your doctor and ask for additional support. Also, I rested a lot and stopped carrying heavy things including my daughter.
Yes. I agree with vann. If you don't feel right or there is accompanied pain or the volume seems to increase, just go to the dr. I have spotting issues since 6+weeks until 3rd trimester. At least u go u can put ur mind at rest to ensure ur bb is alright. Coz 1st trim and ivf babies, dr usually more careful also. Wish you best of luck!

Thanks @vann. I guess I have been too tired the past few days with gatherings and shopping for furnitures for new house. Will rest more and monitor the spotting. Seems to be lesser already. Hope it stops soon.

Yes, pls do go back to your doc if you see clots, increase in spotting, red blood or cramping. Spotting is worrisome. Ideally you dun any spotting.

Hi...I bfp with prof wong nuh (4th fresh) with edd in end june, joining you gals here :) I've just did NT/Oscars last week and result came back low risk..waiting for my next scan on 5/Jan :)

Hi @chrisl, not sure if u remember me, anyway just wanted to say a big CONGRATS on your bfp!! So happy for u! :)

ladies..do anyone still insert crinone support in week 13?

Do anyone hv like big pieces white discharge with it? I wonder if it is yeast infection not..but not itchy leh..

I hv no spotting but cramping is quite bad. Nurses say its normal and Im waiting for tmrw bt.
Wah christmas the clinic still open??!
BTW Merry Christmas all mummies!! Have a wonderful time with ur family and little one (whether inside or outside u haha).

ladies..do anyone still insert crinone support in week 13?

Do anyone hv like big pieces white discharge with it? I wonder if it is yeast infection not..but not itchy leh..

I was on crinone support till week 12, yes I did have big white clumps coming out too, Prof said its normal. But if it's white clumps n itchy, then its a yeast infection (which I later kena too).

bbcrips i had the infection some 1week back but dunno whether cleared compketely not cos keep hv some discharge but not itchy already..last time what doc prescribe u for the yeast infection? My doc gave a bullet passary to insert only 1 dose but upon inserting the itch was 10 times worse! He said i only need 1 dose to clear surewill not come back...im doubtful now..

Cannot wait to stop the support this next weekend..think should be ok to stop lah hor?

I'm taking duphaston orally. Yes when wiped and it stained my panty liner.
How is ur spotting now? Twins need more support..for my case doc gave 2 jabs a week then daily 3 times inserts in early weeks..were u given too? Can request for it..better more to play safe..

bbcrips i had the infection some 1week back but dunno whether cleared compketely not cos keep hv some discharge but not itchy already..last time what doc prescribe u for the yeast infection? My doc gave a bullet passary to insert only 1 dose but upon inserting the itch was 10 times worse! He said i only need 1 dose to clear surewill not come back...im doubtful now..

Cannot wait to stop the support this next weekend..think should be ok to stop lah hor?

I was given the bullet inserts by my private gynae outside but the dosage is different. I had to insert 3 nights in a row for one week, then another 3 nights in a row the following week. Meaning eg Mon to Wed this wk, n Mon to Wed next wk. My Gynae did warn me as the clumps come out the itch might get worse, cos the discharge irritates the outside area, so I was prescribe a cream to apply if necessary. He also said the NUH support a wee bit excessive, haha, so I stopped my inserts by wk 11 when he confirmed everything looks ok, n cut down my progrsterone shot to once a week by wk 10, n stop by wk 12. Esp if kena infection, there's concern the crinone might aggravate it. Since prof doesn't do delivery, have u decided on your Gynae? Maybe can seek his/her opinion.

thanks thanks for info..wah so many days in a row..i think I cfm yeast infection again.Will hv to go to nearby gynae next week to get medications..my gynae is prof Biswas NUH currently(took over high risk preggy cases from prof wong) but im thinking of looking for a nearby one in tampines where im located for easier access.. then transfer to prof Biswas when near delivery...decisions decisions...

Hi everyone, merry xmas!
I just BFP 2 days ago... Now waiting for my first scan and consultation with the doctor first week of Jan.

This is my 1st pregnancy plus it's an ivf baby, so I'm really unfamiliar with what happens after this. Hope you don't mind that I pop in to ask a lot of questions every now and then....!

Hi everyone, merry xmas!
I just BFP 2 days ago... Now waiting for my first scan and consultation with the doctor first week of Jan.

This is my 1st pregnancy plus it's an ivf baby, so I'm really unfamiliar with what happens after this. Hope you don't mind that I pop in to ask a lot of questions every now and then....!

Hi @ricecracker ! I read your sharing at the IVF/ICSI thread. Congratulations and Welcome! All the best on your pregnancy journey! :)

thanks thanks for info..wah so many days in a row..i think I cfm yeast infection again.Will hv to go to nearby gynae next week to get medications..my gynae is prof Biswas NUH currently(took over high risk preggy cases from prof wong) but im thinking of looking for a nearby one in tampines where im located for easier access.. then transfer to prof Biswas when near delivery...decisions decisions...
I did try that at first... But in the end decided to go back KKH cos they have 24h O&G in case of anything... Though I must say pte gynae services are much more reassuring. U prob have to make it clear to the pte gynae that he will not be delivering for u.

Read that kkh has got rather long queues and service so so only is it? How is your experience with kkh so far?

I am not sure about other hospitals but NUH should have an emergency dept, which I suppose serves the same purpose as the 24h O&G?

KKH I think my gynae is very good and the attending nurses are nice. But because they function as a system, be prepared that different parts of ur care will be divided among different ppl. Eg. In first trimester my doctor didn't do scanning, have to go to their central unit to be scanned by someone else.

A pte gynae would be more personalised and he can give u more time, if that is something u would be concerned abt.

ah okok thanks for input..so many decisions to make! Feels sometimes a bit overwhelming...hospitals/gynae/birth classes/budget etc etc

Im feeling on and off crampings ..im week 13 anyone experienced same too? Is it normal? Im very very paranoid..

Thank God the spotting stopped. :)
Hlixian, u have to be careful for first tri. I also had spotting. It recurred once a week (exactly always on wed somemore. Lol). Main thing is, it is probably not serious as long as u have detected the heartbeat. Everytime it happened I would just go to doctor to get a progesterone jab. Other than this I was on utrogestan as originally prescribed by doctor. Doctor gave MC. Although I didn't use up all the MC, at least it gave me some leave off my job, which involves a lot of walking and it helped.

When I reached 11wks the spotting magically disappeared! I hope it happens earlier for u!

Back