pregnant n still under probation

chanapple

Hi everyone im new here. Im pregnant n still under probation.
My probation is 6 mth and im there for 5mths. Next mth end will be my confirmation.
My manager is not aware of my pregnancy and recently informed by my manager that they are unhappy that i took too many leaves n mc during my probation and this is gg to affect my confirmation. I took cos is due to ms but i didnt tell them. Should i inform my manager regarding my pregnancy? When should i inform? Im so afraid this will affect my confirmation. Can the company dont confirm me if they are aware that im pregnant.

Hi. I just joined my new coy this 1st oct and I found out my pregnancy yesternite only.
My probation is 3 months and I have no idea how my boss is gonna react!
I will have to inform him first thing on Monday. Sigh....
Praying for God's favor and blessings pouring my way!!

Hope for the best for you too babe! My ex col went for an interview when she was pregnant, and the company actually hired her! This is a private company as well so I was really impressed. So it is possible that bosses r supportive! ESP if you can contribute all the way till u go ML and return after that I guess!

Hi chloebun :)

Yes... Will "repay" his kindness and their accommodation if they willing to accept me. :)
Having a new member in the family soon means need to work hard and earn $!!!

Hi
You should inform your manager. Pls read through MOM laws, they cannot fire pregnant woman. But pls read through the fine lines.

They can't but usually the unethical companies may hide through other reasons. But- it is still v v sensitive for them to fire pregnant mums and u can write to mom to complain if u suspect anything unjust

My previous coy did that. They did not fire but ask her to go... Evil coy... She's an expat somemore... She discovered her pregnancy mid of the probation too.

Last edited:
My previous coy did that. They did not fire but ask her to go... Evil coy... She's an expat somemore... She discovered her pregnancy mid of the probation too.
unfortunately she is an expat, because Singaporeans can file a report to MOM.

I realized I was preggy after joining a new coy for a week. My 1st trim wasn't stable so doc gave me few weeks mc on and off to bed rest at home. Thereafter the coy suggested I resigned on my own. Tho I felt bit sore bout it that they actually asked me to leave but for my emotional well being and my little one, it's not a bad idea after all. The coy still offers me to go back after I deliver; I'm in my 39 weeks now, but I'm hesitating as I don't see them as a family oriented coy.

What u can do is perhaps write a neutral email to your manager and just casually ask if your performance is up to standard. Say u wish to take this opportunity to refine your skills so that you can better contribute to the company. Ask for positive pointers.
If your manager writes back and there are nothing detrimental to you, keep the email. This B&W document can help save u if they decide to terminate u before your probation is up.

I share the same dilemma too, took too many unpaid leaves and mc due to the pregnancy and till now is still my probation period.

My superior kept a distance towards me and worse, this is a local small co and the boss of the Co only communicate with the senior staff.
What I knew was they will not hesitate to ask incompetent staff to leave the Co. So far I was being only told to do mundane and boring administrative work and the core work that I was hired for was being put on hold.
Frankly speaking, i have nil interest in my work and I really dragged myself to work daily. Nothing to look forward to.

If not for $$ sake and in my current pathetic state, I will probably just leave.

I don't see myself staying there for long.

I share the same dilemma too, took too many unpaid leaves and mc due to the pregnancy and till now is still my probation period.

My superior kept a distance towards me and worse, this is a local small co and the boss of the Co only communicate with the senior staff.
What I knew was they will not hesitate to ask incompetent staff to leave the Co. So far I was being only told to do mundane and boring administrative work and the core work that I was hired for was being put on hold.
Frankly speaking, i have nil interest in my work and I really dragged myself to work daily. Nothing to look forward to.

If not for $$ sake and in my current pathetic state, I will probably just leave.

I don't see myself staying there for long.

Today my senior finally spoke to me, the Co asked me to leave on 31 dec which is tomorrow.

The reason is the boss don't find me suitable to be in the Co as he needs someone with strong sales knowledge and I have 0 sales and clients.

This is totally bullshit when I was hired as a senior service exec but asked to do administrative work like the office minah with 0 product training.

The role of a service exec is to provide services to our existing customers and if they need someone with strong background to expand the market, they should hire a experienced sales manager instead.

All the interview talks about grooming and product training were all pure bullshit, I was asked mainly to do administrative work.
The progress stopped when I started to take frequent medical leaves for my pregnancy.

Anyway it doesn't matter because I have nil interest in the job anyway but it doesn't feel good because this is the first time that I was ever being asked to leave and in the current stage now, how to find a stable job with decent pay?

Back