IVF/ICSI Support Group

not sure. I take 100mg coq10 previously but not everyday as I will overlook. my hubby everyday also overlook even kkg give the green antibiotics he also did not complete the whole course. v angry. niam him.

insomnia plus cramp again! v pain! I keep talking to my embbies be good be good. I just emailed my doc to ask. hopefully can see the repy tmrw am.

Is anyone with sgh care? Are u on lucrin or pregnyl trigger? Do u experience any symptoms on lucrin and when do they get better?

Is anyone with sgh care? Are u on lucrin or pregnyl trigger? Do u experience any symptoms on lucrin and when do they get better?
Hi, i'm with SGH care but I was given pregnyl. What kind of symptons do you have? If it's giving u discomfort, best to give CARE a call..

Hi, i'm with SGH care but I was given pregnyl. What kind of symptons do you have? If it's giving u discomfort, best to give CARE a call..

Bloatedness and lingering lower ab pain (not cramps) since ER. Previous cycle I had pregnyl trigger and the symptoms were much worse and lasted till AF. Do u have similar symptoms now in 2ww? Anyway this time on Lucrin my symptoms are now gone (2dp3dt). Found it to be unusual. Any inspiring bfp stories without much or any symptoms here?

I m with SGH. Who is ur doc?
1st cycle was given pregnyl trigger, 2nd cycle given lucrin n now 3rd was given pregnyl again. I m ok with both types of trigger..

Bloatedness and lingering lower ab pain (not cramps) since ER. Previous cycle I had pregnyl trigger and the symptoms were much worse and lasted till AF. Do u have similar symptoms now in 2ww? Anyway this time on Lucrin my symptoms are now gone (2dp3dt). Found it to be unusual. Any inspiring bfp stories without much or any symptoms here?

Are u prone to ohss?

Yah, over 25 follies hence doc have lucrin instead of pregnyl. For first few days I was bloated and in pain but peeing normally so prob no ohss. But now the symptoms are gone.

I think those are prob ohss symptoms more than bfp symptoms. Dun read too much into them n rest well!

Which day of the 2ww are u at now?

jennaw : my last bfp was no sympton at all

Last bfp also ivf cycle? Guess this is what they say, I am watching out for every symptom like a hawk and the mind can't rest. Some say with successful implantation and pregnancy, the symptoms would return. all my symptoms are gone and its only 2dp3dt. Your cramps may mean something! :)

I m with SGH. Who is ur doc?
1st cycle was given pregnyl trigger, 2nd cycle given lucrin n now 3rd was given pregnyl again. I m ok with both types of trigger..

When u said "ok" u get no cramps pain whatsoever?

Last bfp also ivf cycle? Guess this is what they say, I am watching out for every symptom like a hawk and the mind can't rest. Some say with successful implantation and pregnancy, the symptoms would return. all my symptoms are gone and its only 2dp3dt. Your cramps may mean something! :)

When u said "ok" u get no cramps pain whatsoever?

Yup.. No feeling..

so kind of doc loh. he called me as I emailed to him last night (email sent at 5am) and told me its probably gastric and I shld take my meals regularly. actually I dont hv gastric history.. my guess is that probably due to changes in tummy that causes these cramps?

my tummy is quite bloated up and I look same size as my fren whose edd is this apr. my colleagues ask if im preggy.

so kind of doc loh. he called me as I emailed to him last night (email sent at 5am) and told me its probably gastric and I shld take my meals regularly. actually I dont hv gastric history.. my guess is that probably due to changes in tummy that causes these cramps?

my tummy is quite bloated up and I look same size as my fren whose edd is this apr. my colleagues ask if im preggy.

Why dont you go down for BT on Monday since you hv already tested a possible positive? Esp w the cramps. At least get a peace of mind. Dr loh is away from 24th dec so if you BT and need some extra advise, he wont be there physically.

Last edited:
Hello ladies, I was having bad cramps and bleeding. Went to kk earlier for blood test. Hai hai.. Can't graduate. Will need to try again next year.
Good luck to all the ladies in your tww. Jiayou! Also really not advisable to travel during tww haha my symptons start coming during 2nd week and so helpless while overseas.
Already done my best for this cycle, for now I going to have my cup of latte and oysters =)
Sorry it went south. Glad to hear you will be back. And coffee, oysters & some wine sounds excellent :)

Today I had 2 of my embies transferred so 2ww has officially commenced! Back to tcm acu, I also see dr zhao of raffles. I find her ok la but yesterday I realised she didn't remove one of the needles at my lower abdomen! Didn't feel anything until I went washroom after my acu and noticed a needle being pressed on my body. luckily it was a v fine needle n didn't penetrate deep. I'd prob just happily got dressed without realizing it as well though my hubby was furious at her negligence. Just found her to be distracted sometimes. But didn't bother to complain Or feedback as just wanted to go hm to rest. Maybe she has many patients to tend to. Anyway, nurse & doc advised no herbal soup, tcm or acu during 2ww, so I think I won't return for my acu tomorrow as earlier scheduled. I planned to take red date longan tea during 2ww. Do u all think it's ok?
Left a needle?!! that's not acceptable!!

Left a needle?!! that's not acceptable!!

ya, i couldnt believe my eyes also. the tip was etched in my skin and since the needle was so fine & malleable, it was pressed firmly against my belly as i got dressed and pulled up my shorts. most of the times she'd double check that all the needles were removed - a couple of times she turned back to double check the one on my crown was removed so maybe she's naturally forgetful! Other than that, i guess she's ok la. the consultation was very fuss free & short. i dont have another acupuncturist for comparison also.

Looks like i cant graduate after all. Just back from kk because of bleeding and the doc cant see any sac today. Hormone level is also not as high as it should be. Doc suspect it is the start of mc.

Joy only lasted a week.

Looks like i cant graduate after all. Just back from kk because of bleeding and the doc cant see any sac today. Hormone level is also not as high as it should be. Doc suspect it is the start of mc.

Joy only lasted a week.

i am sorry to hear this. can the doc give more support? is this conclusive? or seek a 2nd opinion on monday?

I m going to see a private gynae on monday. But if the scan already dont show a sac, it is more or less confirmed. Plus i am bleeding with clots. Kk doc ask me to go for another blood test on monday to confirm the hormone level.

Unless there is a ray of hope that the doc just now did not do a proper scan.

I m going to see a private gynae on monday. But if the scan already dont show a sac, it is more or less confirmed. Plus i am bleeding with clots. Kk doc ask me to go for another blood test on monday to confirm the hormone level.

just wanted to wish you well. I dont know what words to say except may the next few days be kind. Let us know if there is good news on Monday.

Did they do another beta hcg today?

just wanted to wish you well. I dont know what words to say except may the next few days be kind. Let us know if there is good news on Monday.

Did they do another beta hcg today?

Yes they did. By now it shld be 7000 plus but mine is only 4800.

whmc, I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. I was really hoping things would go well. Please rest and take care of yourself. Hugs!

Joy only lasted a week.

*hugs*.. Hope the doc did not do a proper scan.. In the meantime, do rest as much as possible.

Please take care whmc..

Have a good rest this weekend and don't give up yet. There is still hope. All the best in your Monday scan!

Hoping for the best for u, sista.. & may there b good news from u soon. Do take care..

Lots of hugs to u babe..take care of yourself this weekend n don't think so much for now Ya.pray hard for u k.

hi whmc, my scan was on 10th dec, same like you. I saw heartbeat then, but yesterday scan a dr lot, heartbeat stop. monday i am doing d&c. short-lived joy, cried buckets, but mine is already death sentence, for you, there are still some hope for your scan on monday,jiayou!

hi whmc, my scan was on 10th dec, same like you. I saw heartbeat then, but yesterday scan a dr lot, heartbeat stop. monday i am doing d&c. short-lived joy, cried buckets, but mine is already death sentence, for you, there are still some hope for your scan on monday,jiayou!
Hugssss, dear. I am so sorry to hear this. Be kind to yourself & do consider a mini confinement.

Why dont you go down for BT on Monday since you hv already tested a possible positive? Esp w the cramps. At least get a peace of mind. Dr loh is away from 24th dec so if you BT and need some extra advise, he wont be there physically.

tks ron. sounds like a good idea. din thought of this. means BT need to do on mon and wed already before he leaves to see if it doubles.

now at 4am I awaken by cramps on the sides of my tummy left side and centre middle of abdomen and some pulling sensation. not as sharp pain as the gastric ones: dull and manageable overall cramps here and there but will wake me up from sleep. not sure if its due to the stretching of tummy trying to grow bigger.

we mummies in this group have a lot of fears and worries.. from the time to see bfp, to see sac, to see fetal pole, to see heartbeat and see it continue beating and praying that we carry it to full term for delivery.

in my previous bfn cycle, once I also had my menses with a lot of clots and it gushes out like a tap like that. also dunno if this is a m/c but this is before I even go for my BT and I thought its just AF arriving before my BT is due.

whmc : sorry to hear this. hope things will turn out to be better!

Last edited:
Mrs-tann, don't know why but I have been awoken few times these days also. I will only drift off to sleep again ard 6am. Aircon not cold la, nasal congestion from a new flu, nv felt such issues b4 recently. Mind & body too sensitive.

Is your pain more a constant feeling or come and go like cramps? Mind sharing your 2ww regime?

Sorry to hear this xylitol, do stay strong and will be here if u need to talk. Take care.

tks ron. sounds like a good idea. din thought of this. means BT need to do on mon and wed already before he leaves to see if it doubles.

now at 4am I awaken by cramps on the sides of my tummy left side and centre middle of abdomen and some pulling sensation. not as sharp pain as the gastric ones: dull and manageable overall cramps here and there but will wake me up from sleep. not sure if its due to the stretching of tummy trying to grow bigger.

we mummies in this group have a lot of fears and worries.. from the time to see bfp, to see sac, to see fetal pole, to see heartbeat and see it continue beating and praying that we carry it to full term for delivery.

in my previous bfn cycle, once I also had my menses with a lot of clots and it gushes out like a tap like that. also dunno if this is a m/c but this is before I even go for my BT and I thought its just AF arriving before my BT is due.

whmc : sorry to hear this. hope things will turn out to be better!
Sigh. Yes the fear never ends until baby arrives.

Glad to hear the cramping is more manageable now.

@mrs_tann , cramps is a good sign. I had cramp since wk 5 during my bfp cycle. Aiyo, why dont you go and buy a good test kit today and test at home. If positive, tmr go see dr. This cycle is done by Dr Loh or kk?

As for cq10, i personally believe it has improved by egg quality. I took 150mg per day for 1 yr.
I also strongly recommend immunocal. Whey protein can improve egg qlty too.

Hugs, whmc. Please take care of ur self and rest well over the weekend.. maybe things may turn better in the next few days..

Xylitol, hugs. Sorry to hear this.. pls take care and rest well.

ron. do u know when doc loh is back fr leave?

bs1970. tks - she is already doing for me. i know the answer already but ust waiting for the BT date for an official one.

since my kkh doc sad is away on leave till 3 jan, I wonder who at kkh will order for a second bt to see the beta increase?

and dr sad does not see patients once they bfp, so if I need to continue at kkh can I ask for hh tan as my gynae?

Back